PDA

View Full Version : The Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club! [v2.0]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AerialAce!
31st May 2009, 8:02 AM
Note: I am restarting this club at the request of IcyDragon0605, who ran the original club and had it closed because he was no longer able to keep it update. I apologize for taking so long to restart it--my life has been rather busy and my health was of higher priority than video games.

Without further ado, allow me to introduce

The Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club!

http://i34.*******.com/2eg8ugk.jpg

This is the place to be for discussion [and/or bragging] about your latest achievements, talk about your favorite characters, and pretty much anything else you can think of regarding this amazing Wii fighter. Welcome to the club for the Nintendo-lover's ultimate game.

We will also hold occasional tournaments, and plan to keep track of our club's top players.

http://i35.*******.com/28s4j6v.png
Rules
We follow the universal SPPF rules. This means things such as spamming, flaming, trolling, double-posting, advertising, swearing, etc. If you haven't read them, please do so.
If you change your username, please inform me (AerialAce!). I'd like to keep the list as up-to-date as possible.
Please use spoiler tags when revealing information to highly anticipated games, especially when it is requested by another member.
Avoid "one-liner" posts. It's nice to see actual discussion rather than meaningless chatter. It's still nice to be friendly, though. After all, #9 is the most important rule. (#5 is a close second.)
When Joining please use the provided form, posted below the rules. Failure to use the form, which serves as proof that you read the rules, will result in a 24-hour ban from the club. You may request to join again after that period. This is the most heavily enforced of our rules.
dnt talk lik this. i wil h8 u 4evr. Seriously, talking like you're in a text message conversation is annoying and stupid. You're in no rush to post.
Rules are enforced using the baseball-inspired strike system. You're given a strike each time you break the rules. Three strikes will result in a ban from the club (temporary if the offenses were minor, permanent for major rule-breakers). Having two strikes will keep you from participating in club events. Strikes can be removed by participating actively (and without breaking rules) for two weeks.
DON'T ASK FOR LEADERSHIP POSITIONS. I, AerialAce!, can chose people on my own, thank you very much.
Have fun!

Joining
When asking to join the club, please use the following form. Friend code isn't necessary, but is encouraged.
Username: [Your SPPF uername]
Characters: [The characters you use most often. Please limit this to two or three.]
Friend Code: [Your Super Smash Bros. Brawl friend code.]

On Friend Codes
There is a thread completely dedicated to finding people near you to brawl.
The Friend-Finder! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=375857)
starfire_jirachi is to thank for creating such a wonderful thread.

Members
Leaders:

Owner:
AerialAce! | Pikachu/Captain Falcon player
FC: 4511-0152-2501 [shared with Zink12321]

The owner can do pretty much whatever he wants. He's cool like that.

Co-owners:
starfire_jirachi | Link / Toon Link / Zelda/Sheik player
FC: 3566-3281-8884

Co-owners can:
-Give warnings to rule-breakers
-Give strikes to rule-breakers
-Receive special treatment for being awesome

Moderators:
m190049 | Meta Knight / Dedede player
FC: 4725-7618-7680

Moderators can:
-Give warnings to rule-breakers
-Report those rule-breakers to a CO or Ace!, who can give them a strike
-Receive special treatment for being awesome

Members:

assassinsceptile | Random player

Aura master | Toon Link / Mr. Game & Watch / Lucario player
FC:2793-0351-5232

Atoyont | Mr. Game & Watch / R.O.B. / Bowser player
FC: 3480-2408-7824

Blazios | Captain Falcon / Ike / Meta Knight player
FC: 3437-5101-9706

Caaz | Pikachu / Pokemon Trainer / Marth player
FC:3910-4764-6325

DemonLabRat | King Dedede / Wolf / Diddy Kong player
FC: 3823-9971-2218

GrizzlyB | Random player
FC: 2964-8413-3183

ground tamer | Random player
FC: 3694-9782-7370

handymankg2 | Toon Link / Ike / Ice Climbers player
FC: 3179-7525-5773

Icosahedron | Captain Falcon / Ike / Donkey Kong player
FC: 1504-5449-3592

Icydragon0605 | Ness / Diddy Kong player

keyblade bearer 430 | Sonic / Link / Samus player
FC: 3910-4862-1125

lunar spirit1100 | Marth / Samus / Zelda player
FC: 3695-1498-3430

Kurosaki_klan | Peach / Ike / Lucario player
FC: 4038-8867-6797

Metamence | Meta Knight / Diddy Kong player
FC: 2148-7821-3266

pokefan#493 | Kirby / Pikachu / Mr. Game & Watch player

powerprotector | Kirby player
FC: 1161-2947-9149

raglflagl | Peach / Pit player
FC: 0559-7683-6917

Redx125 | Kirby / Lucario / Sonic player
FC: 5284-8786-4415

SaulGCube | Toon Link / Falco player
FC: 2921-8828-4282

shadow_latias | Ice Climbers / Kirby / Peach player
FC: 1418-6773-4853

Shadow XD001 | Random player
FC: 2320-6028-8202 [shared with Torpoleon]

shaq-attack | Zelda / Ness / Pit player
FC: 2363-6889-3927

shiningsloth13 | Lucario / Random player

ShinyFufu | Falco / Captian Falcon / Luigi player

Skater Trainer | Wolf / Diddy Kong / Falco player

Skull13 | Mario / Sonic / Mr. Game & Watch player
FC: 1461-6187-8441

Sonic Boom | Sonic / Olimar / Wario player
FC: 3094-1282-9792

The_Mexican_Smeargle | Lucas / Marth player
FC: 0044-4159-1227

TomDraco | Fox / Ike / Lucario player
FC: 4812-1425-7311

Torpoleon | Toon Link player
FC: 2320-6028-8202 [shared with Shadow XD001]

Yoshi Color Wheel | Kirby / Pikachu / Sonic player
FC: 3781-6226-0101

Zero-Wolf | Zero Suit Samus / Marth / Snake player

Zink12321 | Kirby / Mr. Game & Watch / R.O.B. player
FC: 4511-0152-2501 [shared with AerialAce!]

I'll pretty things up after a bit.

GrizzlyB
1st June 2009, 7:11 AM
Username: GrizzlyB
Characters: Random/Everyone
Friend Code: 2964-8413-3183

Oh, snap, first post!

F'ing A, AerialAce!, took long enough. >:V I guess I'll forgive you, though. EDIT: Also, you mentioned a password in passing, but I couldn't locate one... am I b& already? =[

Handy?
1st June 2009, 7:27 AM
Username: handymankg2
Characters: Toon Link, Ike and Ice Climbers
Friend Code: 3179-7525-5773

Ahem. Well, I didn't join the last club for a reason I can't remember, so I've joined here now. Just a warning, even though I've had the game since its British Release day, I'm a fairly poor player, only entering a handfull of tournaments, and even then my top position is second. So yeah, I'm quite rubbish indeed, but will play anyone looking for a easy win.

(Also, I didn't see a password...)

Atoyont
1st June 2009, 3:07 PM
Username: Atoyont
Characters: Mr. Game & Watch, Robotic Operating Buddy or Robot, Bowser
Friend Code: 3480 2408 7824

Of course you're b& GrizzlyB.

AerialAce!
1st June 2009, 4:43 PM
EDIT: Also, you mentioned a password in passing, but I couldn't locate one... am I b& already? =[

(Also, I didn't see a password...)

I meant form. I'll fix the post now.

Also, everybody's accepted.

EDIT: Marked Friend Code as non-mandatory and condensed the members section into a spoiler tag.

Blazios
1st June 2009, 4:54 PM
Username: Blazios
Characters: Captain Falcon, Ike, Meta Knight
Friend Code: 3437-5101-9706

Show me ya moves, etc.

AerialAce!
1st June 2009, 5:00 PM
Username: Blazios
Characters: Captain Falcon, Ike, Meta Knight
Friend Code: 3437-5101-9706

Show me ya moves, etc.

Added. Have fun.

I'm going to go invite my preferred leadership team, then find something else to do until the E3 coverage starts.

Torpoleon
1st June 2009, 8:33 PM
Username: Torpoleon
Characters: Toon Link (I really don't use any others)
Friend Code: 2320-6028-8202
I think that this club will be just as sucessful as the last! I'll be a daily member here too!!

Shadow XD001
1st June 2009, 9:06 PM
May I join? Also:

Username: Shadow XD001
Characters: Pretty much all of the characters.(all-around you could say)
Friend Code: It's the same as Torpoleon's because we are brothers.

ground tamer
1st June 2009, 11:17 PM
Username: ground tamer
Characters: Random
Friend Code: 3694-9782-7370

Lets hope that the tournaments to be held will actually completed... Glad to see the club back, with the right person in charge.

Sonic Boom
1st June 2009, 11:25 PM
Glad the club is back on, now I can answer topics I know I can answer.

Username: Sonic Boom
Characters: Sonic, Olimar, Wario
Friend Code: 3094-1282-9792

ShinyFufu
1st June 2009, 11:42 PM
May I join? I really like SSBB. Unfortunately I can't play it anymore; my Wii, for some reason, can't read the SSBB disc, and I don't know where to my Wii in order for it to be repaired. I think it has something to do with the facts that my Wii was one of ther earlier Wiis made and that Brawl is a dual layer disc.

Username: ShinyFufu
Characters: Falco, Captian Falcon, Luigi
FC: Can't remember

AerialAce!
2nd June 2009, 1:12 AM
May I join? I really like SSBB. Unfortunately I can't play it anymore; my Wii, for some reason, can't read the SSBB disc, and I don't know where to my Wii in order for it to be repaired. I think it has something to do with the facts that my Wii was one of ther earlier Wiis made and that Brawl is a dual layer disc.

Username: ShinyFufu
Characters: Falco, Captian Falcon, Luigi
FC: Can't remember

Easy fix. Go to a game store and buy a Wii lens cleaning disc. It'll clean any dust/smoke/whatever off the lens and enable it to read dual-layered discs again. About $10 USD.

All new applicants accepted. I'll update the list after I update my homebrew channel.

Caaz
2nd June 2009, 1:22 AM
HI! i haven't been on serebii in a long time, but i rememer there was a ssbb club, i guess it's a new one now :P... anyways i just got a wii two days ago, with ssbb, i'm not very good... but may i join?
When asking to join the club, please use the following form. Friend code isn't necessary, but is encouraged.
Username: Caaz
Characters: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Marth
Friend Code: I just got my wii so i have no idea how to answer this heh sorry... can someone explain?

TomDraco
2nd June 2009, 1:40 AM
I'm back.

Username: TomDraco
In-Game Name: Tom_D
Characters: Fox, Ike, Lucario
Friend Code: 4812-1425-7311

I'm sure this is insignificant, but I just got a Wii Message from Smash Service saying that they will be cancelling all submissions to the service as of 9/30/09. Thoughts?

AerialAce!
2nd June 2009, 2:05 AM
First things first: everybody so far was added.

Lets hope that the tournaments to be held will actually completed...
We'll be more careful with the setup this time, and limit entrance more.

Glad to see the club back, with the right person in charge.
Aww, shucks.

Friend Code: I just got my wii so i have no idea how to answer this heh sorry... can someone explain?
First you need to get your Wii online, using a wireless router or LAN adapter. After getting everything set up you can go to the Wi-Fi option on the Brawl menu and go online. In the "With Friends" option you can access your Friend Code roster, which will display your code at the top of the screen.

I'm sure this is insignificant, but I just got a Wii Message from Smash Service saying that they will be cancelling all submissions to the service as of 9/30/09. Thoughts?
I got that too. It had to happen eventually... Not that I cared about it much, anyway.

Caaz
2nd June 2009, 2:54 AM
Thank you, my code is 3910-4764-6325

#TWERKTEAM
2nd June 2009, 2:59 AM
Username: assassinsceptile
Characters: Random
FC: I'll get this up later

I joined the last SSBB club and have been waiting for you to put his one up. So, YAY ITS UP!

GrizzlyB
2nd June 2009, 2:59 AM
Of course you're b& GrizzlyB.

:( No faaaaaaair. I want my money back.

Is Smash Service just the thing where you automatically download a stage, picture, and replay when you connect to Wi-Fi? Because if so, I'm sort of glad, if anything; it just takes more time to get connected, and then there's no chance of me missing anything awesome, anyway (not that they could put up anything that I'd regret missing, I should think).

Also, AerialAce!, are we going to use that Black Cat ladder thing of yours for sure, then, or are we still talking about it, or what? Just curious.

AerialAce!
2nd June 2009, 3:54 AM
assassinsceptile has been added, I've fixed Caaz's friend code, and I've added my brother, Zink12321 to the list. He doesn't sign in often, but he's as good as I am and a great doubles partner. Hopefully we'll be able to make some team challenges.

The Black Cat Project of the Nintendo club will be making an appearance (probably later this week) in the Nintendo Wi-Fi forum as a bigger deal, which should open up the opportunity for a smaller, in-house ladder should we chose to start one here.

Alternatively, we can go on a points system, where all members are given a set of points for registering their friend codes, and can challenge others to make or lose points and gain ranks. The problem here is that those who don't play will end up with more points than those that play one match and lose.

I also just realized I got that inspiration from the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh!, which I never actually watched. Apparently the Abridged Series got the basic idea across pretty well. In any case, it's a weird and slightly flawed idea, but one worth mentioning in case anyone can offer a way to improve it.

Alternative methods are open for submission. Anyone with a better idea for setting up a challenge/ranking system among members, feel free to bring it up.

Atoyont
2nd June 2009, 4:21 AM
:( No faaaaaaair. I want my money back.
What money? Unless you refer to the cash you paid me so that you could even post here.

I saw the notice about the Smash Service... some of the downloaded material was actually good, but most of it was quite mediocre.

Also, AerialAce!, are we going to use that Black Cat ladder thing of yours for sure, then, or are we still talking about it, or what? Just curious.
Ah, yes, the Midnight Panthers. I too would like it to be reinstated.

GrizzlyB
2nd June 2009, 7:45 AM
Alternative methods are open for submission. Anyone with a better idea for setting up a challenge/ranking system among members, feel free to bring it up.

Well, I don't know that they're better, per se (they're probably worse, honestly), but I had two ideas I had before the last club closed, so may as well re-post them here. One was to have, like, weekly exhibition matches between two people, and people would bet who would win, or something, but I honestly can't remember what the point of that would be. If someone could come up with one, I guess it might be usable. And the other was to have rankings with each character for everybody in the club, which would probably work with your Black Cat system. Maybe.

What money? Unless you refer to the cash you paid me so that you could even post here.

That's exactly the money I'm referring to. Give it back, you surreptitious smooth-talking swindler, you.

Ah, yes, the Midnight Panthers. I too would like it to be reinstated.

Wasn't the Midnight Panthers a Brawl clan, or whatever they're called, specifically? Or something? Either way, it is a different thing than the Black Cat ladders, right?

Also, what happened to the good old days, when I was the only person in the 120-person club to just go with Randoms? Half the freaking people here already put that. >:VVVVVVVVVVvv

Skull13
2nd June 2009, 11:35 AM
R U Still Down? (Remember Me)

I was wondering when this was going to start up again.

Username: Skull13 = Skl13
Characters: Mario, Sonic, Wario, Donkey Kong, Mr. Game & Watch, & King Dedede
Friend Code: 1461-6187-8441

Anything else I need to say?

Atoyont
2nd June 2009, 4:11 PM
The Black Cat Project of the Nintendo club will be making an appearance (probably later this week) in the Nintendo Wi-Fi forum as a bigger deal, which should open up the opportunity for a smaller, in-house ladder should we chose to start one here.

Alternatively, we can go on a points system, where all members are given a set of points for registering their friend codes, and can challenge others to make or lose points and gain ranks. The problem here is that those who don't play will end up with more points than those that play one match and lose.

Well, I don't know that they're better, per se (they're probably worse, honestly), but I had two ideas I had before the last club closed, so may as well re-post them here. One was to have, like, weekly exhibition matches between two people, and people would bet who would win, or something, but I honestly can't remember what the point of that would be. If someone could come up with one, I guess it might be usable. And the other was to have rankings with each character for everybody in the club, which would probably work with your Black Cat system. Maybe.

Wasn't the Midnight Panthers a Brawl clan, or whatever they're called, specifically? Or something? Either way, it is a different thing than the Black Cat ladders, right?
I think the Midnight Panthers was an offshoot of the Black Cat project (well I would assume so, since the definitions of the words "Midnight Panther" and "Black Cat" are essentially synonymous).

As for alternate ranking systems, I kind of like the "weekly exhibition match" idea, but real life and conflicting time zones can get in the way of properly judging and executing this idea. Maybe one can get points dependent on how well they do in the match? Like, how many stocks they take off and how much percentage (the latter is kinda iffy) is given? Each person would start out at zero, of course.

That's exactly the money I'm referring to. Give it back, you surreptitious smooth-talking swindler, you.

Also, what happened to the good old days, when I was the only person in the 120-person club to just go with Randoms? Half the freaking people here already put that. >:VVVVVVVVVVvv
I used the money to pay people so that they would also put Random as their main characters.

YOU GOT 1-UP'D

lunar spirit1100
2nd June 2009, 8:55 PM
Could I join?

Username: lunar spirit1100
Characters: Marth, Samus, Zelda
Friend Code: 3695-1498-3430

AerialAce!
3rd June 2009, 9:30 PM
(Remember Me)
vaguely

Characters: Mario, Sonic, Wario, Donkey Kong, Mr. Game & Watch, & King Dedede
Cut the list down, plz. I'll list the first three for now.

Anything else I need to say?
not really.

Could I join?
Yes, to both of you.

Challenge options noted. I always liked the exhibition match idea, but we need a method for recording them. An always-available ref with a caption card would be necessary [jump off ledge until dead, last death-'splosion = start signal], or something. Also, it'd be kind of pointless. :P

For the record: Black Cat Project = series of Nintendo Wi-Fi gaming ladders. Midnight Panthers = Brawl clan that never really got anywhere. Go join the Nintendo club, everybody. [link in sig] ;D

Sorry I didn't respond immediately, I was in AWE at the Metroid and Mario announcements. And also chillin' with friends.

Torpoleon
3rd June 2009, 9:39 PM
So, we can start making topics now? Anyways, right now I am sharpening my VERY sharp Brawl skills. Meaning doing a 1 on 2 battle. Me as the one and 2 CPUs that are LV 9 as the 2. I can barely beat that. I am working on 1 on 3 LV 9 CPUs. After that, I'll do this with 3 stock lives then 2 and finally 1. Pretty good, eh?

ShinyFufu
3rd June 2009, 10:02 PM
Easy fix. Go to a game store and buy a Wii lens cleaning disc. It'll clean any dust/smoke/whatever off the lens and enable it to read dual-layered discs again. About $10 USD.

All new applicants accepted. I'll update the list after I update my homebrew channel.
Honestly, it's as easy as that? That's excellent! I'll try and purchase one this weekend.

Thanks for telling me :D

The_Mexican_Smeargle
3rd June 2009, 10:35 PM
Hmmm.... Interesting. You asked, so...36. 29 a 54 ñ veinti cuatro.

Anyway

Username: The_Mexican_Smeargle
Characters: Lucas... Marth???
Friend Code: 0044 4159 1227

AerialAce!
3rd June 2009, 10:47 PM
Username: The_Mexican_Smeargle
Characters: Lucas... Marth???
Friend Code: 0044 4159 1227

I'm AerialAce! and I approve this member.

SilverLanayru
3rd June 2009, 11:06 PM
I didn't notice this was remade until AerialAce! informed me via AIM. Anyway, of course I'd like to join...^^

Username: starfire_jirachi
Characters: Link, Toon Link, and Zelda/Sheik (since it's limited to 3)

AerialAce!
3rd June 2009, 11:11 PM
I didn't notice this was remade until AerialAce! informed me via AIM. Anyway, of course I'd like to join...^^

Username: starfire_jirachi
Characters: Link, Toon Link, and Zelda/Sheik (since it's limited to 3)

You're in. You're also a co-owner. The old crew's coming back together!

Caaz
3rd June 2009, 11:52 PM
So, we can start making topics now? Anyways, right now I am sharpening my VERY sharp Brawl skills. Meaning doing a 1 on 2 battle. Me as the one and 2 CPUs that are LV 9 as the 2. I can barely beat that. I am working on 1 on 3 LV 9 CPUs. After that, I'll do this with 3 stock lives then 2 and finally 1. Pretty good, eh?

I can do that! yay... does that mean i'm good? i keep losing online against people... either 2 -4 place -.- ...

The_Mexican_Smeargle
4th June 2009, 12:02 AM
Hmmm, elections in mind, huh Ace? Okay, so now that I am in... I have no idea what to do, so I'lll just say a bit about myself, though nobody cares =]

I never took brawl that seriously, until I got a chance to play some people that mopped the floor with me, and some of them still do sometimes >.>, but I manage to keep up every once in a while.

My faves to fight against are Toon Link and Ike for some reason, they're just fun as hell. If anyone wants to smash some, hit me up ^^

Torpoleon, CPUs are predictable for me, I like the randomness and mind games when fighting someone, it just makes it so much sweeter ^__^

Torpoleon
4th June 2009, 12:02 AM
Cool, the old crew is coming! Welcome, starfire_jirachi! Nice to have former members here! I usually get in last in Wi-Fi matches. I have been improving though!!

Yuppirox
4th June 2009, 12:32 AM
I'd like to join! I play smash with my older bros. all the time whether it be Melee or Brawl.

Username: pokefan#493
Characters: Kirby / Pikachu / Occasionally Mr. Game & Watch
FC: I'll get back on this later...

SaulGCube
4th June 2009, 12:58 AM
Huh i wish i was told this was remade.
Username: SaulGCube
Characters: Toon Link, Falco, and more
FC: 2921-8828-4282

Aura Master
4th June 2009, 1:47 AM
I see the new thread got posted. What took you so long?

I'd like to re-join

Username: Aura master
Characters: Toon Link, Mr. Game&Watch, Lucario (finding new people)
FC: Unknown at the moment. Ill get it later as i haven't played SSBB in months

AerialAce!
4th June 2009, 3:57 AM
Huh i wish i was told this was remade.
I didn't really go around telling people about it at all. If you can think of anyone that'd want to be informed, let's go ahead and do it.

I see the new thread got posted. What took you so long?
It'd take like half an hour to type it all out again... Long story short, I was dealing with health and educational issues, and both were more important.

EDIT: Oh, and all thee of you are accepted.

Skull13
4th June 2009, 11:04 AM
Down to three, huh?
In that case, Mario, Sonic, & Mr. Game & Watch.

What surprises me is that two clubs were approved that are very similar to my club. Then again, it was because of this club that my club was created. So, I'm not one to complain.

By the way, I wonder if anyone got the recent message from Nintendo.

"By June 30, all entries to Nintendo about snapshots, custom stages, and replays will no longer be accepted."

I'm paraphrasing, but that's what I recently received.

SilverLanayru
4th June 2009, 5:28 PM
You're in. You're also a co-owner. The old crew's coming back together!

And as I said before..."Awesome! :]" And btw, thanks ^^ I'll make sure I'm accomplishing my duties for this club as a co-owner.

Cool, the old crew is coming! Welcome, starfire_jirachi! Nice to have former members here! I usually get in last in Wi-Fi matches. I have been improving though!!

Thanks! And yup, sure is ^^ A small tip...you improve better in Brawl when you brawl against someone (whether it's on wi-fi or in person) instead of CPUs. That's what I usually do and I've actually racked up a lot of improvemnts through that method.

I know I've said this through the Nintendo club already but...speaking of Brawl, I've managed to accomplish the use of Ike's d-tilt spike for the first couple of times. And there was one day that I brawled Atoyont on wi-fi and I d-tilt spiked him twice xD Of course, now that leaves me to Link's d-tilt spike to master...and it's possible to do that!

Aura Master
4th June 2009, 8:31 PM

Yeah, but what happened to Icedragon. <-- i think thats his user.

Alright like I said. I haven't played brawl in like 4 months so I need to practice. Only problem is I got another addiction following me

Halo 3

My brother got an XBox360 so im addicted but im gonna start playing brawl again. So I need to get my FC.

And I might not win any matches because I'm bad and I dont get any of the strategies. And Torp wont brawl with me even though im bad. >.>

Atoyont
4th June 2009, 9:10 PM
I want to Brawl you now, Torpoleon, since I like people who are good.

I shouldn't have been hit by that spike twice. >.>
Regardless, those were good Brawls.

Torpoleon
4th June 2009, 9:13 PM
I'll Brawl people later. I am really no in the mood because of junk on a different site. I'll probably lose the battle because I am not really the best. Well actually, I am pretty good!! I've beaten a lot of LV9 characters with Toon Link.

Aura Master
4th June 2009, 9:38 PM
I am the worst in this club >.>.

I can't even beat a level 9 CPU. well, not anymore.

Blazios
4th June 2009, 9:44 PM
I'm starting to try and obtain a new, fun main. Solimar. Starting by beating Level 3 computers, then moving up to Level 9 computers, then other humans.

I tried him on a Basic Brawl yesterday. It is awfully funny watching Ike or Captain Falcon or anyone with no projectiles being beaten up by somebody the size of a 50p piece.

Caaz
4th June 2009, 11:29 PM
I am the worst in this club >.>.

I can't even beat a level 9 CPU. well, not anymore.

No you're not! i'm worst... hmm only one way to settle it right?

I'm starting to get the hang of this game alot :D it's really fun :D

Sonic Boom
4th June 2009, 11:32 PM
Battle of the "worst?"

Ace, you have my third character down as G&W, when it's actually Wario or Ike. Just thought I'd say that.

By the way, is it possible to go onto Basic Brawl and challenge people one-on-one without hoping to get lucky? Most of the time I'm thrown into a Brawl with three other people, but I prefer one-on-one matches to anything else.

Zero-Wolf
4th June 2009, 11:34 PM
Glad, you made this club.

Username: Zero-Wolf
Characters: Zero Suit Samus/ Marth/ Snake/ Lucario
(I'm with my bro, Metamence)

Torpoleon
5th June 2009, 12:43 AM
Battle of the "worst?"

Ace, you have my third character down as G&, when it's actually Wario or Ike. Just thought I'd say that.

By the way, is it possible to go onto Basic Brawl and challenge people one-on-one without hoping to get lucky? Most of the time I'm thrown into a Brawl with three other people, but I prefer one-on-one matches to anything else.
I got lucky enough toget into a one on one basic brawl. I was Toon Link and ironically, so was the other person and we were battling on the Pirate Ship. I won. I don't know if it was a close match or not. It is on my replay data though.

AerialAce!
5th June 2009, 1:47 AM
Glad, you made this club.

Username: Zero-Wolf
Characters: Zero Suit Samus/ Marth/ Snake/ Lucario
(I'm with my bro, Metamence)

Added. Good to see you back.

Had a crazy set of Brawls with The_Mexican_Smeargle last night. He's not great, but the games were fun. I kept things even by using characters I don't play often--which made me wonder why I don't play them.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
5th June 2009, 3:26 AM
Ace just loves insulting me in a nice way =P, 'course I'm not great, I'm a lover not a fighter Xd

And I told you, we need to do more Toon Link Vs Lucas.

IcyDragon0605
5th June 2009, 4:21 AM
Username: Icydragon0605
Characters: Ness, Diddy Kong
Friend Code: Don't use it anymore.

Glad to see you remade this club:). I'll join, I probably won't post as much but i'll try.

Skull13
5th June 2009, 11:20 AM
So many entries in such a short amount of time. AerialAce! must be popular around here. I'm a little jealous.

Because this club is active, I'd like to add it back to my signature. I had the original one, but since it was closed, only my club was in it.

Anyway, nice to see the old crew getting back together.

Sonic Boom
5th June 2009, 6:22 PM
Played a few matches with SaulGCube last night. We started with different characters, but it eventually boiled down to a gauntlet of Sonic/Toon Link matches, with each of getting a few victories here and there. And we both suicided on our last stock once, with made it hilarious.

I'm up for a few Brawls most of the time today, so if anyone wants to, let me know.

Zero-Wolf
5th June 2009, 8:28 PM
I was joining in Ota's brawl w/SaulGCube and RZA. I won once lol. However, it has been lagging though for next brawl. =/ I'm trying to take time more w/strategys since.

SaulGCube; I laughed so hard because you were killed by PK thunder. x)

Aura Master
5th June 2009, 9:08 PM
I learned that I offically suck at SSBB but I'll be practicing. Z:)

Anyway, heres my FC

FC:2793-0351-5232

The_Mexican_Smeargle
5th June 2009, 9:55 PM
Sonic Boom, well that was fun ^^ *pins some more needles into sonic voodoo doll*

Aura Master, we two should have a match, see who sucks more XD

Zero-Wolf
5th June 2009, 10:15 PM
*checks page 1 of 3* I see you haven't add me to member lol It's ok.

PM me if you want to brawl with me.

SaulGCube
5th June 2009, 11:05 PM
Played a few matches with SaulGCube last night. We started with different characters, but it eventually boiled down to a gauntlet of Sonic/Toon Link matches, with each of getting a few victories here and there. And we both suicided on our last stock once, with made it hilarious.

I'm up for a few Brawls most of the time today, so if anyone wants to, let me know. Yeah lol those were good brawls, after fighting you a little i got used too your speed so i could counter you better.

I was joining in Ota's brawl w/SaulGCube and RZA. I won once lol. However, it has been lagging though for next brawl. =/ I'm trying to take time more w/strategys since.

SaulGCube; I laughed so hard because you were killed by PK thunder. x)-_- Ota got lucky with that ok?xD

Zero-Wolf
5th June 2009, 11:11 PM
If you want to be lucky for avoiding PK thunder. "L-U-C-K-Y" Your T/L used specials too much lol. Good games, SaulGCube. ^^

AerialAce!
5th June 2009, 11:16 PM
@ Zero-Wolf:
Sorry, the forums were being weird. Must not have edited properly. Also, I cut your mains down to three. Let me know if you want one of them swapped for Lucario.

One more thing: get Metamence back here! I'd like to have a couple of doubles teams to challenge with Zink. Speaking of which, I need to get him to post in here... I'll bother him later. Got some shopping, cleaning and studying to do.

EDIT: Welcome back, IcyDragon! You're on the list. I also added Aura Master's friend code to the list.

Zero-Wolf
5th June 2009, 11:33 PM
Oooh...Ok. Remove Lucario, please. Thanks!

And I will send PM to Metamence now.

Metamence
6th June 2009, 2:19 AM
Username: Metamence
Characters:Meta Knight and Diddy Kong
Friend Code: 2148-7821-3266

I won't post that much as I haven't played SSBB that much but I'll try, I suppose.

Icosahedron
6th June 2009, 4:57 AM
Ace!, you misspelled "form" as "from" in "failure to use the form." See, I read the rules.

Thanks for remaking the club btw.

Username: Icosahedron
Characters: Captain Falcon, Ike, Donkey Kong
Friend Code: 1504-5449-3592

join'd

Atoyont
6th June 2009, 5:59 AM
New SBR Tier List out today.

S Tier
Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

A Tier
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

B Tier
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

C Tier
Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

D Tier
Bowser
Zelda
Pok&#233;mon Trainer
Ike

E Tier
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

F Tier
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Condensed Version
S: Meta Knight, Snake, Wario, Falco, Diddy Kong, King Dedede
A: Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Olimar, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Kirby
B: Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Pit, Donkey Kong
C: Peach, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Sonic, Sheik
D: Bowser, Zelda, Pok&#233;mon Trainer, Ike
E: Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus
F: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf

Disclaimer in ordering:

Long story short, if the character is in S or A tier, order matters a lot. If the character is not, then unless it's at the top of the tier and another is at the bottom of the tier, there's not that huge of a difference.

I agree with the list for the most part, especially Sonic's boost.

SilverLanayru
6th June 2009, 6:04 AM
Nice to see the old members coming back :] Metamence and Icosahedron, you've been accepted. All you guys need is to wait for AerialAce! to add the both of you ^^

Man, I'm starting to become a tiny bit deadly on wi-fi matches almost everytime...but at the same time, I'm still improving. And speaking of the tier list, I'm rather impressed at some of the changes. Now my top main is like the 2nd to "worst" (as some people might say it) character on the list...although it kinda makes me feel a tiny bit special for a female like myself to main Link ;] Anyway, if you wish to brawl me, I'm pretty much available at anytime since I'm on vacation (but be warned, my friend roster is almost full :[)

Speaking of Brawl...out of curiosity, have any of you guys ever heard of this website called AllisBrawl? (If so, I have an account there.)

Zero-Wolf
6th June 2009, 7:53 AM
Meta Knight is supposed to be SS Tier. And Snake is only S Tier. I heard the arguements from Gamefaq and smashboard. Speaking of tier... *looks at middle and low tier* Zelda has a great skill. Sheik......*facepalms*

starfire_jirachi; not really, I haven't heard of Allisbrawl. I believe Foxy-Sama had been there.

SaulGCube
6th June 2009, 9:22 AM
Speaking of Brawl...out of curiosity, have any of you guys ever heard of this website called AllisBrawl? (If so, I have an account there.)
Yeah Ive heard of it. Me, Ota, and Akira were talking about it last night thinking about joining it.
Anyway im kindave shaken by this list.I mean im kindave glad to see some people move up(WOOT Toon Link ftw!Fox and Sonic too) but i was kindave disappointed to see some people drop (T-T Mario, DK, Falco even.) Oh well though.

Yuppirox
6th June 2009, 10:15 AM
The tier list seems good to me. The order of them all seem official and well thought-out... I'm satisfied with this list. Although, some characters are not getting their fair share of love... T_T Oh well, that's how they are, I suppose.

Torpoleon
6th June 2009, 12:22 PM
Cool, Icydragon is back! A lot of old members like myself have joined! About the tier, I think it also matters for how good you are with your character. I am happy Toon Link is on the B list, if that is good. Also, I'll Brawl anyone if they want to brawl me.

m190049
6th June 2009, 8:35 PM
Ah, seems I'm a bit late on the entry, but great to see the club is up.
Assuming you didn't change your mind, I'm here to accept that mod position you offered me. =3

Username: m190049
Characters: Meta Knight, Dedede.
Friend Code: 4725-7618-7680

Torpoleon
6th June 2009, 8:43 PM
Just a question, when will we start hosting tournaments? I;d join one when we start hosting some.
New topic:
How would you rate your Brawl skills on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 the lowest, 10 the highest?
Around the 9's. Past 9.5 and close to 10. I am VERY good at Brawl, but I am not saying that I can kick EVERYONE'S butt. Just some people. (Heh)

AerialAce!, are you going to put the topics list on the first post as well as a spot for Fan Art submitted by some people?

Icosahedron
6th June 2009, 9:55 PM
Real men don't care about tier lists, Atoyont. I'm surprised you posted it. Consider me utterly aghast.

But, it is nice to see that Captain Falcon is no longer dead last. Although that disclaimer pretty much squelches any satisfaction I felt upon noticing that.

How would you rate your Brawl skills on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 the lowest, 10 the highest?

That is quite a hefty rating there, Torpoleon. I only have one thing to say to you: have you played Zero-Wolf yet? (;

I would probably give myself between 7 and 9. I definitely consider myself to be above-average in terms of skill, if the ability to win consistently with low-tier characters like Captain Falcon and Ike is any indication. However, I wouldn't give myself above a 9 since that's where the pros reign, and I'm simply a casual player. A dedicated casual player, yes, but a casual player nonetheless.

Torpoleon
6th June 2009, 10:01 PM
Zero-Wolf? What is that? About my rating, I am pretty good. I can beat high leveled (not LV 9 yet) CPUs that are ganging up on me. I can also do other things like with Stock Matches as well.

Anyways, my skills have been improving because I remember some months ago that most of the time I'd lose to Link when I am Toon Link, but now I can kick his butt.

Blazios
6th June 2009, 10:11 PM
Zero-Wolf? What is that? About my rating, I am pretty good. I can beat high leveled (not LV 9 yet) CPUs that are ganging up on me.

No offense, but's that's not much of an achievement. I can beat 3 Level 9s that are ganging up on me with Solimar. Without losing one stock. Or sometimes taking damage.

I would probably give myself between 7 and 9. I definitely consider myself to be above-average in terms of skill, if the ability to win consistently with low-tier characters like Captain Falcon and Ike is any indication. However, I wouldn't give myself above a 9 since that's where the pros reign, and I'm simply a casual player. A dedicated casual player, yes, but a casual player nonetheless.

This, word for word, as I main Ike and C. Falcon.

Had some matches with Atoyont before. Started with my Solimar vs his C. Falcon (I nearly won). Then we had two matches of his Solimar vs my C. Falcon (He nearly won), then we just played Falcon dittos for an hour. emerald18 showed up for a bit in between, we had a few good 3 player matches, beating up his Sonic. Now I'm tired.

Zero-Wolf
6th June 2009, 10:16 PM
*sigh* Hello? I'm here.....

I would say, I give myself 10. I'm a high SSBB player(Not top; God) I have practiced with anyone(between high and low tier) since. My first main is ZSS.

shiningsloth13
6th June 2009, 10:18 PM
Oh, sweetness, when did this get here? Better sign back up!

Username: shiningsloth13
Character: Random, but prefers Lucario
FC: N/A, don't have Wi-Fi :(

Oh, and I'd rate mahself an 8. I'm purty good, but I'm no Brawl-master.

Zero-Wolf
6th June 2009, 10:34 PM
Icosahedron, you know, you were brawling with me for one on one. I was using Olimar against you. So I decided to throw my Pikmins then I used only basic attacks.

Atoyont
6th June 2009, 10:37 PM
Real men don't care about tier lists, Atoyont. I'm surprised you posted it. Consider me utterly aghast.

But, it is nice to see that Captain Falcon is no longer dead last. Although that disclaimer pretty much squelches any satisfaction I felt upon noticing that.
It's still nice to see. My problems with tier lists:
1. They can never be completely objective
2. It does a bad job at showing relative skill levels (which is subjective anyway)

Zero-Wolf? What is that? About my rating, I am pretty good. I can beat high leveled (not LV 9 yet) CPUs that are ganging up on me. I can also do other things like with Stock Matches as well.

Anyways, my skills have been improving because I remember some months ago that most of the time I'd lose to Link when I am Toon Link, but now I can kick his butt.
Zero-Wolf is a member here, and probably the best Brawler at SPPf.

I'd be about a 7 or so on the rankings methinks.

Icosahedron
6th June 2009, 11:02 PM
Icosahedron, you know, you were brawling with me for one on one. I was using Olimar against you. So I decided to throw my Pikmins then I used only basic attacks.

Wait what? When? All I know is that I've only beaten you like once when we've played 1-on-1, when I was Marth and you were something like Ice Climbers. Then you came back with your own Marth and kicked my butt. Or maybe that was Metamence, and I really haven't beaten you at all.

By the way, when I asked Torpoleon if he had played you yet, I was implying that you were one of the best Brawlers here. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

And about tier lists, another problem is that some low-tier characters actually have good matchups against high-tier characters, which is deceptive to people who aren't extremely familiar with all the characters. For example, I'm sure most of you know that Diddy Kong is able to "counter" Meta-Knight or whatever. That's probably the main reason why he's up so high.

SaulGCube
6th June 2009, 11:06 PM
Meh I'd probably give myself a 7.5 or maybe 8. :p Since im Casual i cant really be a 9 or up. :/
Zero-Wolf if there could be less lag i can have a fair match against you. :/

Torpoleon
6th June 2009, 11:06 PM
To Atoynot: Oh! I'd like to brawl him one day. I don't think I'd be ready though.
To Blazios: Well, I am just taking it one step at a time. One day I can accomplish what you have accomplished. You seem like a seriously good brawler!

GrizzlyB
7th June 2009, 12:23 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: tier lists just serve to confuse people, and should really be kept secret from people they don't apply to. That being said, though, most of the characters I use are pretty high up. Eh.

Hmm, across the spectrum... probably 4.

It's still nice to see. My problems with tier lists:
1. They can never be completely objective
2. It does a bad job at showing relative skill levels (which is subjective anyway)

But that wouldn't be a problem if people understood the nature of tier lists. But, regrettably, most people are never going to wrap their minds around such a simple concept. And they're actually pretty dang objective, I think, all things considered.

Zero-Wolf is a member here, and probably the best Brawler at SPPf.

Isn't Metamence better? I personally think Icosahedron is, too, from playing both of them, but I'm guessing actual matches might indicate otherwise.

Also, if anybody's up for a Brawl with me, I ought to be available tonight, so just VM me.

SilverLanayru
7th June 2009, 12:42 AM
Ehhhh to be honest, I'd give myself between a 7.5 to an 8 for my rating. My brawling skills are bit above-average to some people...but to others, my skills kinda rival with theirs (except for Zero-Wolf and Metamence, since I've only beaten both of them one time each). Regardless, I'm not the competitive-type of brawler compared to others :/

Sonic Boom
7th June 2009, 1:06 AM
While I understand what you guys are saying about tier rankings, and that I partially agree with you, I can't help but feel a little satisfied that Sonic gained the largest tier jump out of them all. Guess having him as my main does that to me. meh.

I'm inferior to Atoyont, from experience, but I think I'm with SaulGCube, so I'd place myself around a 6.5 to a 7. If I can get used to sidestepping, I'd probably give myself more credit.

I'd probably be up for a few matches tonight, assuming my brother and his friend do play Mario Kart at all tonight.

Skater Trainer
7th June 2009, 1:11 AM
Username: Skater Trainer
Characters: I use Wolf, Diddy, Falco, and Wario the most (I main all 4 so I needed to include them all) But my Wolf is probably my best and most consistent.

I'm here to join since AA! told me to. I'll throw my friend code up later, as well as some more information about myself.

AerialAce!
7th June 2009, 1:35 AM
New SBR Tier List out today.
Interesting changes. I kind of like it. Not that it makes a huge difference to me, at this point.

Just a question, when will we start hosting tournaments? I;d join one when we start hosting some.
I'll have to start one soon, won't I? We opened a couple of days ago and every time I come online the posts have sped up! No definite answer at the moment. I'm preparing the house for my sister to visit from Maryland right now.

New topic:
I'm with the 7.5/8 people. Definitely good by normal standards, but I'm not a competitive player. Also, I'd like to play you to see how well that 9/9.5 stands up in practice. >:3

AerialAce!, are you going to put the topics list on the first post as well as a spot for Fan Art submitted by some people?

I think so. Definitely the fan art part. If I start collecting topics I'll need to delegate the task of keeping track of new topics to someone else while I'm away, and things like that. There's also the matter of topics that spring up unannounced--directions the conversation flows on its own without a formal "new topic" statement. I'll have to think about it.

Now on to member business.

Oooh...Ok. Remove Lucario, please. Thanks!
fix'd

Username: Metamence
Characters:Meta Knight and Diddy Kong
Friend Code: 2148-7821-3266
added

Ace!, you misspelled "form" as "from" in "failure to use the form." See, I read the rules.
fix'd

Username: Icosahedron
Characters: Captain Falcon, Ike, Donkey Kong
Friend Code: 1504-5449-3592
added

And those that haven't been accepted yet:

Ah, seems I'm a bit late on the entry, but great to see the club is up.
Assuming you didn't change your mind, I'm here to accept that mod position you offered me. =3

Username: m190049
Characters: Meta Knight, Dedede.
Friend Code: 4725-7618-7680
You're accepted, and the offer still stands. Welcome back, man.

Oh, sweetness, when did this get here? Better sign back up!

Username: shiningsloth13
Character: Random, but prefers Lucario
FC: N/A, don't have Wi-Fi :(

Oh, and I'd rate mahself an 8. I'm purty good, but I'm no Brawl-master.
You're in.

Sorry I took so long, guys. Had my SAT this morning. Not difficult, just stressful. Then I had an awards ceremony to attend, and I was heavily involved in preparing for it.. One of my friends just became an Eagle Scout like me. :D

Anyway, busy day. Busy last night, too. Preparations for tests AND ceremonies suck.

EDIT:
Username: Skater Trainer
Characters: I use Wolf, Diddy, Falco, and Wario the most (I main all 4 so I needed to include them all) But my Wolf is probably my best and most consistent.

I'm here to join since AA! told me to. I'll throw my friend code up later, as well as some more information about myself.
added. Cut Wario off for being the fourth. Tell me which one to switch out if you change your mind about it later.

Zero-Wolf
7th June 2009, 2:27 AM
(except for Zero-Wolf and Metamence, since I've only beaten both of them one time each). Regardless, I'm not the competitive-type of brawler compared to others :/

We started to hate each other lol. It's a long time ago. I was trying to take down Metamence...

Now, I increase my main characters a bit.

Wait what? When? All I know is that I've only beaten you like once when we've played 1-on-1, when I was Marth and you were something like Ice Climbers. Then you came back with your own Marth and kicked my butt. Or maybe that was Metamence, and I really haven't beaten you at all.

Metamence wasn't on SSBB anymore. So he had been busy his computer since. He's rusty now.

I started to understand why people were arguing about SSBB tier. They never know what that had experience.

But that wouldn't be a problem if people understood the nature of tier lists. But, regrettably, most people are never going to wrap their minds around such a simple concept. And they're actually pretty dang objective, I think, all things considered. That's what I thought.

Sorry for my grammar. My ability is understand their comments.

redx125
7th June 2009, 4:06 AM
Username: Redx125
Characters: Kirby (with Lucario's Powers), Lucario. Sonic
Friend Code: 5284-8786-4415

anybody who wants to brawl pm me! im online a whole lot! and im really bored right now!

raglflagl
7th June 2009, 4:55 AM
Because I totally need a place to post about Brawl

Username: raglflagl
Character: Peach/Pit

I'll try and get my FC up later but I can't right now. D:

Kurosaki_klan
7th June 2009, 9:46 AM
Username: Kurosaki_klan
Characters: Peach/Ike/Toon Link
Friend Code: 4038-8867-6797

I'm a bit rusty, I haven't played in about a year, and didn't realize that the first club went down ether lolz, but I'm back.

Torpoleon
7th June 2009, 12:16 PM
A lot of posts here since I haven't been on. Almost 100 posts. I'm usre we can reach 2000 posts and maybe even higher! Like I said, I'll be a member here who repeatedly comes. Also, about my ranking, now it is probably between 8 and 9.5. I'll be extremely good by 2010 though!

shaq-attack
7th June 2009, 3:23 PM
Ah man, I missed the grand opening. :/
Only 3 mains? Hm...

Username: shaq-attack
Mains: Zelda, Ness, Pit

ground tamer
7th June 2009, 5:18 PM

Ugh, I'd prob. be around a 4 right now. I used to be able to hold my own with Ico, but then GH: Metallica entered and I haven't Brawl'd much since. I prob. say around a 4, maybe a 5 on a good day...

Torpoleon
7th June 2009, 10:01 PM
New topics:
Who are you best with?
Toon Link, of course!

Who are you worst with?
Pikmin & Olimar, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer and I think there is more.

Sorry if this might be too much, but topics bring life to clubs!!

shiningsloth13
7th June 2009, 10:21 PM
Who are you best with?

Lucario, hands down. After that, ZSS and Samus.

Who are you worst with?

Ummmm, I suppose I'd have to say Dedede. Or Yoshi.

Zero-Wolf
7th June 2009, 10:39 PM
Who are you best with?
ZSS, If I could play as her for fun. ^^

Who are you worst with?
Ummm....C.F. and Ganondorf. They are horrible for me.

Not lucky for you, Sonic Boom lol. Good games.

shaq-attack
7th June 2009, 11:04 PM
Who are you the best with?
Zelda :3

Worst?
Hmm...maybe Sonic.

m190049
7th June 2009, 11:35 PM
Because I totally need a place to post about Brawl

Username: raglflagl
Character: Peach/Pit

I'll try and get my FC up later but I can't right now. D:
OMG raglflagl!!! I haven't seen you in a year or two. D=
Anyway, your accepted.

Username: Kurosaki_klan
Characters: Peach/Ike/Lucario/Toon Link/Poke Trainer
Friend Code: 4038-8867-6797

I'm a bit rusty, I haven't played in about a year, and didn't realize that the first club went down ether lolz, but I'm back.
Your accepted, though you have too many mains...

Ah man, I missed the grand opening. :/
Only 3 mains? Hm...

Username: shaq-attack
Mains: Zelda, Ness, Pit
Of course. =P
Accepted.

Now than...
8.5, pretty much. I'm definitely one of the better of the players I've seen... I usually only failing to those who are 9's or 10s, and occasionally 8 if I'm off or unluckly...

I've beaten Zero-Wolf on a few occasions, so I definitely can't be less than an 8...

Who are you best with?
Meta Knight, Dedede, and Kirby.
...Ironically. =P

Who are you worst with?
Uh... Probably Link or Snake. Could probably add Luigi and Samus in there...

Edit:
Just realized... 100th post in the thread!~ ^.^

Kurosaki_klan
7th June 2009, 11:41 PM
Who are you best with?
Probably Toon Link, but it depends on who I go against. Other than that It'd be Pokemon Trainer because I abuse the fact that ;006; is a heavy who can fly.

Who are you worst with?
Olimar, just can't get good with him nor can I get good with the Earth Bound duo.

Yuppirox
7th June 2009, 11:53 PM
Who are you best with?

Kirby. I always play him when I'm playing against my bros in one-on-ones. I always get them with the aerial attacks...

SaulGCube
8th June 2009, 12:23 AM
Who are you best with?
I'd say Toon Link since i started using Link when i first got Brawl. Ever since i unlocked him i tried him out, and well everything else is history. :p
Who are you worst with?
Probably Snake, or Jiggly, but i still use them for the hell of it. :p

Zero-Wolf
8th June 2009, 2:34 AM
Meta Knight, Dedede, and Kirby.
...Ironically. =P
Who do think you are irony? If you are a better player. Then I will pay you $40 =P

m190049
8th June 2009, 2:42 AM
Who do think you are irony? If you are a better player. Then I will pay you $40 =P
What. Your definitely better than me, but I've beat you on occasion...

Skater Trainer
8th June 2009, 2:48 AM
Who are you best with?

Wolf mainly. Recently, my game with him has been stepping up because I want to bring him higher on the tier list and have him placing, so I have been practicing with him non-stop. I have been playing diddy forever, and I'm pretty consistent with him, I just need fine-tuning on some trivial things. Falco is another I have been playing since Week 1 and I'm starting to lose him a bit, I have been working on consistency, but it's hard since his metagame hasn't been the most active. I have been working with Wario since January and feel in love. I am starting to get a lot better after seeing pros like Ficton play and imitating their style. My metaknight is pretty good, mainly because you always see a metaknight and this style is pretty easy to pick up on. My lucario is very inconsistent so it needs some work, but its decent. Dedede is just Dedede, you know =p. My snake is pretty bad right now, so I'm thinking of dropping him and I'm working with Zero Suit Samus to see what I can do with her, so far so good.

Who are you worst with?

No one really comes to mind other than probably Ice Climbers. I would love to be good with them, with their alt. grabbing and such, but they are so difficult to pick up and I can't seem to grasp their chain grabbing techniques. My link is also complete garbage

Yes, I play a lot of characters, the only ones I really don't play ever are Link, Falcon, Ike, and probably pokemon trainer.

Zero-Wolf
8th June 2009, 2:49 AM
I know.....If you are not good or good at brawl. It doesn't matter, right? I'm not showing off anymore ^^ I also try to cheer up Torterra14, Atoyont, and starfire_jirachi.

I'm gonna play SSBB now.

AerialAce!
8th June 2009, 8:43 PM
Adding the new members to the list now. Thanks, m.

Who are you best with?
Pikachu. second is debatable. Falcon's most fun, though.

Who are you worst with?
Diddy Kong or Marth, probably. Not certain.

EDIT: @Kurosaki_klan: I had to cut your mains to three. If you want to switch them out, let me know.

Sonic Boom
8th June 2009, 9:11 PM
Who are you best with?

Sonic and Olimar come to mind. And I've gotten used to the way Capt. Falcon and Diddy Kong are played.

Who are you worst with?

Eh, King Dedede. I never got the hang of him, even when I tried. He's just too slow for my tastes. And I have trouble with every swordsman except Ike.

Blazios
8th June 2009, 9:17 PM
Who are you best with?

Captain Falcon, Ike.

Who are you worst with?

Sooooooo many choices...

...Yoshi. I just can't use him well. Diddy and Pit come close, though. Marth as well (with Mega Marth being the exception).

Atoyont
8th June 2009, 11:36 PM
I know.....If you are not good or good at brawl. It doesn't matter, right? I'm not showing off anymore ^^ I also try to cheer up Atoyont
lolwut
I have never needed cheering up from you.

keyblade bearer 430
9th June 2009, 12:23 AM
ok this is a new place i havnt been to.... sorry if anything wrong on form

username:keyblade bearer 430
characters:Sonic,Link,Samus
friend code:3910-4862-1125

GrizzlyB
9th June 2009, 1:03 AM
Who are you best with?

Marth, followed fairly closely by Pikachu. Not on Wi-Fi, though, since Marth needs really precise spacing and Pikachu's QAC needs to be timed well, etc. On Wi-Fi, I'd have to say... Pit, maybe, is the character I can retain the best in lag. Tough choice.

Who are you worst with?

If I had to choose one, probably Olimar. I'm also worse than normal with Peach, Samus, and Dedede in particular.

lolwut
I have never needed cheering up from you.

To be fair, with his grammar, he might've meant something completely different than what he said. Or maybe not, he is extremely conceited.

#TWERKTEAM
9th June 2009, 1:13 AM
Who are you best with?

Lucas and Captain Falcon offline. Lag literally kills my Captain Falcon and Lucas, though, so online i would have to say R.O.B. and Jigglypuff. Jiggly is easy to use in lag because of rest being easier to hit with for me and R.O.B. is just easier for me to use on wi-fi.

Who are you worst with?

King Dedede and Snake. Their style is basically the opposite of mine so I naturally am below average with them.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
9th June 2009, 1:23 AM
Who are you best with?
Hah, as if I'm good with anyone. I kinda did notice that the lag messes him up a bit like assassinsceptile mentioned, but I guess it's Lucas, though anyone not his size is a pain.

Who are you worst with?
Everyone else =P. Like I said I''m no good, but for some reason I keep on tryin', like I;m gonna win a ****en participation medal or somethin' -_-

Whatev, I still have some fun with it. =P

Zero-Wolf
9th June 2009, 2:38 AM
I brawled w/ Lunar today. I couldn't win because the brawl was lagging though. After that Ota was TB with me. I always threw Electrodes at Ota and 2 CPUs include me. I just have fun.

Ota said," WTF? Neku?"
I said, "Just have fun"
Ota said," I do" =D

ground tamer
9th June 2009, 4:41 AM
Who are you best with?
Easily Link. I may be better with the Captain, but I never tend to do well with him on wifi, that is until I hit a massive reverse FP. Lucas is a close third...

Who are you worst with?
Ike, Ganondorf, and Peach. I never got comfortable with Ike, and the changes to Ganon have made me pretty bad with him. I could never use Peach...ever.

Sonic Boom
9th June 2009, 5:54 AM
Played a few matches with Smeargle, WGCV23, Sweet May, well, a lot of people today. Pretty fun matches all around.

I want to be able to play in tournaments someday, but I have no idea where to start looking for tourney locations...

And here's a history lesson for you guys today. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se2zrwxPcWk&feature=channel

Icosahedron
9th June 2009, 6:00 AM
To be fair, with his grammar, he might've meant something completely different than what he said.

I lol'd. Let's not go there!

Who are you best with?

Going by my mains, I'm best with Captain Falcon, followed by Donkey Kong, Ike, Mario, and Falco (although those last four aren't necessarily in order). But yeah, Captain Falcon easily takes the #1 spot.

Who are you worst with?

I play offline a lot against CPUs (most of the time, I'd rather play lagless matches against CPUs than lag-filled matches against humans), and I almost always just play randoms. The only character that never shows up directly when playing randoms is Zero Suit Samus, so I'm terrible with her. Following ZSS, I've found that it can be extremely difficult to recover with Lucario, Wolf, Zelda/Sheik, Charizard, and Diddy Kong (as well as Ness and Lucas in lag), so I'm not too good with those characters either.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
9th June 2009, 6:08 AM
Hah, I KNEW that sounded Russian =P

Played some with SB, WGCV23, and FierceDeity(not from here) today. All were fun, no complains, no regrets ^^

Zero-Wolf
9th June 2009, 7:22 AM
Hmmm...Difficult to recover w/Lucario? What can you think of that way for recovering easily?
It's not hard to recover.

I really hate it when someone killed my Nana for FFA or I accidently pressed B up for recovering, but failed. I said, What the heck....? I don't really use IC often. IC is better for only 1 on 1 enough.

raglflagl
9th June 2009, 2:25 PM

Ugh, probably 2. I keep on rushing in and I never DI. I need to stop doing that. ):

Who are you best with?
Peach, Zelda, Olimar.

Who are you worst with?
Everyone else.

Hi m19. n_n

DemonLabRat
9th June 2009, 4:36 PM
Username: DemonLabRat
Characters: King Dedede, Wolf, Diddy Kong.
Friend Code: 3823-9971-2218

I personally see myself as good at brawl, but M19 beat me last night. However, I wasn't at my best then (*cough*midnight*cough*), and it was extremely close, so here I am. Hope to see how you guys do against me.
M19 referred me to this place some time earlier, just to let you know. That may or may not have been obvious, but just in case. Thanks in advance also if you accept me.

m190049
11th June 2009, 2:09 AM
Or, er, yes... Erm...

ok this is a new place i havnt been to.... sorry if anything wrong on form

username:keyblade bearer 430
characters:Sonic,Link,Samus
friend code:3910-4862-1125
Looks good to me.
Accepted!

Username: DemonLabRat
Characters: King Dedede, Wolf, Diddy Kong.
Friend Code: 3823-9971-2218

I personally see myself as good at brawl, but m19 beat me last night. However, I wasn't at my best then (*cough*midnight*cough*), and it was extremely close, so here I am. Hope to see how you guys do against me.
m19 referred me to this place some time earlier, just to let you know. That may or may not have been obvious, but just in case. Thanks in advance also if you accept me.
*De-capitalizes m*

Great to see you came~!
Accepted.

Icosahedron
11th June 2009, 3:58 AM
Hmmm...Difficult to recover w/Lucario? What can you think of that way for recovering easily?
It's not hard to recover.

I really hate it when someone killed my Nana for FFA or I accidently pressed B up for recovering, but failed. I said, What the heck....? I don't really use IC often. IC is better for only 1 on 1 enough.

Mainly because on Final Destination, I always Extremespeed into right under the lip and fall to my death. Or I forget to wall-cling. I rarely play Lucario because I always make stupid mistakes like that. But the fact that I rarely play him means that I'll never fix those mistakes! Ah, how I hate positive feedback mechanisms....

As for Ness and Lucas, I'm actually quite good with both of them outside of lag, but when I'm playing in lag then I absolutely cannot for the life of me aim their PK Thunder correctly.

m190049
11th June 2009, 4:40 AM
With Lucario I always try to do that wall cling thing under final destination, but in actual battle, I can never got it right... I can do it in practice, but I end up just falling to my death in battle... Only a couple times have I done it in battle. And really does kind of screw with them if they don't expect it.

It especially does screw with the opponents mind if you wall jump right away and instantly go for the stage spike...
...Though I've only done that once. And on practice- not in battle...

SaulGCube
11th June 2009, 6:27 AM
Yeah i don't like trying it when Im in final destination since the majority of my tries ended up in failure :/.
I don't know if its just me, but when it's lagging and i do PK Thunder it occasionally pops out the opposite direction i want it to.

raglflagl
11th June 2009, 10:01 AM
I've never played Lucario but from what I heard, Extremespeed is really easy to edgeguard considering it doesn't do any damage at all. The best a Lucario player can do is probably wall cling.

As for PK Thunder, I absolutely suck in using it. I love to play as Ness but I can never recover properly. I either send myself downwards or end up hitting the lip of Final Destionation XD.

Oh also, I was able to get my FC already.

0559-7683-6917

SilverLanayru
11th June 2009, 5:37 PM
Who are you best with?
I'm the overall best with Link and Toon Link. Heh...apparently a girl like myself had the guts to main the 2nd to "worst" character (in terms of the tier list) in this game, since it requires a lot of skill maining him. Ever since I mastered the DAC, I've always had the urge to slide a lot with Link xD I'm also best with Zelda/Sheik, Ike, Marth, and R.O.B. :]

Who are you worst with?
To be honest, I use almost everyone on the roster pretty well...except for Snake and the Ice Climbers. :/

Zero-Wolf
11th June 2009, 6:48 PM
Hmmm....I think so. I sumtimes play Lucario when I am in either Spear Pillar or Final Destination. It's not easy for me when it's lagging. I will be KOed XP

PK thunder(Lucas or Ness) in lagging is ok for me.

Characters who can do wall cling:
1. Lucario-Additionally, ExtremeSpeed can be used to cling to walls.
2. Diddy Kong
3 Squirtle
4. Shiek

redx125
11th June 2009, 8:46 PM
No that's fine you don't have to add me...

Anyway, I don't do well with more than three people. I usually just tick everyone off and they just attack me XD. I also get messed up when I turn my controller off and I forgot so I'm like wth!! and then I'm like oooh yea. Ha ha I also forget that most characters can't fly(like every character other than Kirby) or if they can it doesn't help much. I fall off the sides a bunch lol. Did you know that if you are Kirby then you can just eat someone and fall off the edge and if it is one of those stupid timed battles then you don't lose a life but they do? Stupid Kirby kept doing that. I think kirby looks EPIC with Mr. Time and Watch (whatever his name is!)

Zero-Wolf
11th June 2009, 8:58 PM
Last night, I brawled w/Sonic Boom for 1 on 1. I decided to use Olimar against Diddy Kong. I didn't lost my 3 stocks, but lost 1 stock. However, Sonic gave up. I just don't know why. There was no contest though. =/ Ooh....the brawl was lagging occasionally.

raglflagl
12th June 2009, 5:54 AM
Errr... Zero-Wolf, you forgot Zero Suit Samus. If I recall correctly, she can do a normal wall cling and a wall cling with her down+b (the flip jump). I'm not sure about the others.

Zero-Wolf
12th June 2009, 6:26 AM
No, ZSS doesn't do wall cling and does only wall jump. Then it's wrong....So here's Wall Cling (http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Wall_cling)
I mostly play ZSS as well.

raglflagl
12th June 2009, 6:49 AM
Ugh, I fail. My mistake, then. I guess I haven't been playing Brawl that much. :\

DemonLabRat
12th June 2009, 10:50 PM
*De-capitalizes m*

Great to see you came~!
Accepted.

Thanks for that m19. Now to answer a question or two.

Who are you the best with?
That completely depends on how I feel like playing. Usually, I'm good with Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Wolf, Marth, Bowser, and quite a few more. Who I'm best with does vary as each day progresses onward.

Who are you worst with?
Ganondorf, DK and Sonic. Thats really the only three characters I can't perform well with.

Zero-Wolf
12th June 2009, 11:37 PM
I brawled w/ Sonic Boom and others today. I was clever for using my tactic. They(two) were against me. I still won the matches most and I lost one match.

Sonic Boom
13th June 2009, 12:17 AM
I wonder if Zero has as much of an ego in real life as he displays on his Brawl commentaries and taunts. Wouldn't put it past him.

Besides, I using characters at random; I never play with Yoshi or some of the others I used.

I want to implement some advanced techniques, as well as work on my edgeguarding, but the lag sure restricts it..

Zero-Wolf
13th June 2009, 12:21 AM
My taunts are from Grell Sutcliff's voice(Kuroshitsuji) http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PineappleGel/Kuroshitsuji/Grell&#37;20Sutcliff/justalittleGAY.jpg He's sadist lol. And I don't think they are real life. I often change my taunts what I like.

the lag sure restricts it..
Yeah, it bothers me though. I decided to use a floating character as Peach or Samus.

Yoshi Color Wheel
13th June 2009, 12:31 AM
User name: Yoshi Color Wheel
Favorite characters: Kirby, Pikachu, Sonic
Friend code: 3781- 6226- 0101

I would be so glad to join because when I started serebii this ended so I never got the chance, I would be happy if I may join!

Sonic Boom
13th June 2009, 12:32 AM
The taunt "How Disappointing" and your profile comment "Boring as Sonic Boom" made me think otherwise.

Edgeguarding is one thing I have seen people do a lot when I Brawl, so that's something I really want to get down. I managed to get Sonic's Instant Edgehog down in Training Mode after a few efforts, but it's pretty risky in Wi-fi when it can be faltered due to the service lagging at the "right" moment.

m190049
13th June 2009, 1:14 AM
User name: Yoshi Color Wheel
Favorite characters: Kirby, Pikachu, Sonic
Friend code: 3781- 6226- 0101

I would be so glad to join because when I started serebii this ended so I never got the chance, I would be happy if I may join!
Accepted!~

Heh. I find it somewhat ironic that you don't use Yoshi...
...Y'know... Your name... has.... Yoshi...

*Crickets*

Yoshi Color Wheel
13th June 2009, 1:23 AM
Yeah it is kind of ironic.
Yoshi is my fifth favorite.
Thanks for accepting me!

SaulGCube
13th June 2009, 2:03 AM
...Y'know... Your name... has.... Yoshi...

*Crickets*
Ha Ha Ha that was hilarious.
... What? I thought it was funny.

I can do that instant edge hogging just that i either..
A) Fall straight down the ledge and die.
B) I don't run down the ledge and instead turn around.

Zero-Wolf
13th June 2009, 3:08 AM
I like edge hogging.

The taunt "How Disappointing" and your profile comment "Boring as Sonic Boom" made me think otherwise.
After that it made me bored lol http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm296/satoru_95/Kuroshitsuji/k02.jpg Hehehe....
I have brawled Yoshi a few times. Hahaha....Same, SaulGCube

It's a trap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjG-tRCR2PU&feature=related) Epic!

shaq-attack
13th June 2009, 7:22 PM
Its been awhile so how about a new topic: Do you particpate in Random wi-fi Taunt Battles or break them up?
Sometimes I do participate if I'm either tired of competition or if I can't defeat the 2-3 other people who usually are participating in it (I rarely try to break it up though). When I Taunt Battle it can last hours. :3

For those who don't know, Taunt Battling is when the players act goofy and just play around instead of fighting, but fight those who try and interrupt it. It's encountered frequently on Random wi-fi.

Yoshi Color Wheel
13th June 2009, 8:10 PM
Do you particpate in Random wi-fi Taunt Battles or break them up?

Sometimes I do just for fun but, I mainly like to break it up because I'm competetive and I came there for a challenge and for fun/ not to play tag and get annoyed. But if I do participate it would last very long

m190049
13th June 2009, 8:37 PM
If I run into one, I'll pretty much always join it. Though I participate in competitive fights as well.
If that match is a taunt battle, and a player that wants to fight joins into the match...
I'm often the one that kicks their *** while the other two still act silly. xD
I wonder if that attributes to my love of 1v1s... =3

Zero-Wolf
13th June 2009, 8:43 PM
I don't participate in Basic Brawl so much. I rarely join in it for fun. If there's a taunt battle then I will act as taunt O.~ One week ago, there were 2 black Ness taunting on Temple(Zelda stage) and they killed C.F. I decided to switch character to black Ness lol. Then we were still taunting during Sudden Death xD. Before we needed to heal ourselves to 0 &#37; damage.

Torpoleon
13th June 2009, 9:49 PM
Speaking of Brawl(which all we are supposed to discuss anyways) I am writing a fan fic. Tabuu returns with avengance. It will not be on the forum. If you wish to see it, ask me what forum it is. I already have 3 chapters done. Working on the 4th.

SaulGCube
13th June 2009, 11:16 PM
Ah the memories of me in taunt battles... I will most certainly join the taunting. Sometimes just me and another person would taunt, but everyone else would fight so we'd 'team up" and try to kick their *****.

Icosahedron
14th June 2009, 12:06 AM
Do you participate in random Wi-Fi taunt battles or break them up?

Pit, Sonic, and Captain Falcon have THE best taunts to incite people. Have you ever played Wi-Fi against random opponents, and ended up against three people who just taunted the whole match? It always happens to me (in fact, it happened just before I joined your game), and since I hate waiting 2 minutes just for a sudden death ledge-grabbing stalemate, I always try to attack everyone. And of course, I get triple-teamed until I die, at which point they just taunt again. One time, one guy picked G&W and another guy used Ness's PK Flash to fill the bucket, which he then unleashed on me. Fun.

Kirby has a pretty good one, too. I would have used a better taunter, but aside from Gay Captain Falcon, I was just going with randoms. And it's been forever since I've found a With Anyone match, but when I could, I came across those all the time... because I instigated them! Hahahahaha... anyway, it's pretty much the most amusing diversion I've found in Brawl, plus I got that grabbing-and-letting-someone-else-attack tactic through that. Plus some other combos, like that PK-Bucket you had.

Boooo.

shaq-attack
14th June 2009, 12:28 AM
I encountered a Taunt Battle earlier.
I was Lucas, Player 2=Kirby, Player 3=Peach, Player 4=Fox(I think).
Fox was attacking everyone, but I tripped him with my D-tilt while Kirby rushed in with his Standard A combo punch while I kept using D-tilt. We kept him there until we racked up about 400&#37; damage, then I side smashed him (Peach was taunting the whole time).
:] That was awesome teamwork.

powerprotector
14th June 2009, 1:08 AM
friend code:1161-2947-9149
Name: powerprotector
character: Kirby

I would like to join because I like smash bros(obviously).I am ok but I can beat a level 9 com. character
I dont go on wi-fi much but I can usually hold my own

Icosahedron
14th June 2009, 3:40 AM
Played against Zero-Wolf today. My Jigglypuff beat his Kirby and my Samus beat his Link, but I lost all the other 25 or so matches we played. I have a long ways to go before I can break even with him. Although... I almost had his Snake dead when I was Link. Almost.

Speaking of Link, starfire_jirachi, have you heard of a Link main called "Legan?" Since you're over at Smashboards, I imagine you have. Anyways, after watching some of his matches, I've become inspired to play Link more. Really, his abysmal recovery is the only thing I dislike about him, otherwise he's a pretty well-rounded character in my opinion.

Zero-Wolf
14th June 2009, 4:08 AM
my Samus beat his Link
Cause you spammed w/ charge shots and missiles. Also, your Link did , too. If you do that. I'll use ZSS or Lucario or Snake against you for evil. *evil glares at you*http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll170/evil-mazuki/MY_Tag.png If I want to be more happy to kill you ^^

Kirby is my new main. lol

AerialAce!
14th June 2009, 4:25 AM
Gay Captain Falcon
It's actually Captain Fabulous (http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/42105?search=fabulous).

friend code:1161-2947-9149
Name: powerprotector
character: Kirby

I would like to join because I like smash bros(obviously).I am ok but I can beat a level 9 com. character
I dont go on wi-fi much but I can usually hold my own

You're accepted.

I'll get to work tracking down new members and adding them to the list. May take a bit. Sorry for my absence, I've been preparing for my sister (and brother-in-law and nephew) to spend the week, and had standardized testing this morning on top of that. I'll try and catch up with topics later.

EDIT:
*evil glares at you*http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll170/evil-mazuki/MY_Tag.png

Kirby is my new main. lol

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/Burninator755/glare.png

Zero-Wolf
14th June 2009, 5:01 AM
o.O.....Well http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PineappleGel/Kuroshitsuji/Grell&#37;20Sutcliff/heyyysebby.jpg Don't give me the creepiness. ~.O

shadow_latias
14th June 2009, 6:17 AM
Username: shadow_latias
Characters: Ice Climbers, Kirby, Peach
Friend Code: 1418-6773-4853

Who are you best with?
Ice Climbers are my best; Kirby, Peach, Pikachu, and Toon Link are my alternative bests. Aren't your mains your "bests"? xD

Who are you worst with?
Zamus; I rarely even use her, but when Random chooses me as Zamus I can barely hit with her. T_T

Okay, I'm going to be very honest here, even Wi-Fi doesn't show true skill. I'm averaging all my character skills to see like the average.
- I can dodge and sidespot well, space with certain characters, know most of my main's matchups (ICs and Kirby mostly), playstyle's good and flashy, etc. That's a 9.
- I would rate myself as 10 on the Ice Climbers. I've been practicing their chaingrabs and desynchs ever since Brawl came out, especially since the Ice Climbers are one of the hardest characters to learn w/ a very high learning curve. <- The question said "skills".
- For Peach I would rate myself between 7 to 8, and she's another technical character to use. I can combo with her turnips and aerials but I can't really kill with her (her smashes are ugh so I have to f-air a lot). Plus she can be awkward when I use her, depending on the lag. x_x
- Kirby is probably an 8. He's really easy to play because you basically have to hit with his long ranged b-air and combo with his grabs and aerials. <- I have recently fought Kirby grab spammers but that doesn't really matter anyway.
- Pikachu's a 6 to 7. I mean, sometimes when I QAC with him near the edge I get nervous, and then SD, but when you're on stage combo'ing with QAC it's pretty awesome and can confuse your opponent. :3
- Toon Link's a 7 to 8. The way I play him is... z-air and projectile to aerials and all that.
That's like an average of 8.0 something or so...

Break them up because I want to. <333 Generally I don't go on Basic Brawl due to so many spammers. :[

m190049
14th June 2009, 8:04 AM
Username: shadow_latias
Characters: Ice Climbers, Kirby, Peach
Friend Code: 1418-6773-4853
INSTANT ACCEPTED!~

Welcome Chibi! =D

Zero-Wolf
14th June 2009, 8:36 AM
Now I realize my ZSS and Ice Climber how skill I am. I have to practice w/IC like Shadow-Latias. It's easy-ish to do chaingrab for me as well.

Late night, I brawled w/Mr. Mudkip. I still owned him on every match. I used random(my mains)

AerialAce!
14th June 2009, 10:14 AM
Front page updated with new members, raglflagl's friend code and redx125, who for some reason wasn't added before. Whatever.

I somehow managed to play No More Heroes until 5:15 AM. I want to go to sleep, but I know that if I do there's no hope of getting up at a reasonable time. Anybody up for a Brawl? Post on my profile page if so, please. No reason to clutter the thread up with requests and responses. At least not without anything on-topic to say.

DemonLabRat
14th June 2009, 12:44 PM
Well... I'm not entirely sure if I'm better than m19, but I'm probably not. I don't know how good the rest of you are also. In any case, I'll rate myself as 7.5 at the very least for now. I think I'll prove that to be wrong fairly soon.

I usually just let them have it. It's fun just to deal with those who just don't plan on doing anything. As for team brawl, that depends. If someone on my team does it, I'll wait until they're on the opposing team to thrash them. As for any other case, I'll be likely to join in, to even the playing field. Pointless and annoying. Hurrah, huzzah and hooray!

raglflagl
14th June 2009, 2:12 PM
I usually don't go on Basic Brawl a lot. Whenever I do, there's either no one on or no taunt battles. I must repel people away. D:

It'd be fun to join in one though, considering that my main (Peach) has one annoying taunt. (The lalalalalala~ one)

Icosahedron
14th June 2009, 11:42 PM
Zamus; I rarely even use her, but when Random chooses me as Zamus I can barely hit with her. T_T

Pretty sure it's impossible to get ZSS by choosing Random. Same with Sheik. You can get Samus or Zelda by choosing Random, but I'm pretty sure you must manually transform in order to get ZSS or Sheik (either that, or I'm extremely unlucky considering that I've played hundreds of Random matches and not once have I gotten ZSS). My point? Just don't transform.

Oh and Ace!, I'm loving the Rave-esque timely image posting. Nice.

Kurosaki_klan
15th June 2009, 2:20 AM
Gawd I realized how long it has been since the last time I played, a couple days ago I went against SaulGCube and I selfdestructed so many times with all my mains, T.Link, Zamus, Peach, Ike, PT, ect. it was funny, I ended up winning one out of like 10 matches, lol I'm rusty, oh yeah does any one wanna brawl?

m190049
15th June 2009, 3:56 AM
Pretty sure it's impossible to get ZSS by choosing Random. Same with Sheik. You can get Samus or Zelda by choosing Random, but I'm pretty sure you must manually transform in order to get ZSS or Sheik (either that, or I'm extremely unlucky considering that I've played hundreds of Random matches and not once have I gotten ZSS). My point? Just don't transform.
I THINK that you can get Sheik... I'm pretty sure.
But yeah; It's impossible to get ZSS.

So, today, I was on random Wi-Fi most of the time. For some reason I was Jigglypuff most of the time. Jiggly's my new "not-that-serious" character. 'Twas previously Kirby. Though he's now one of my fighters.

In playing around, I discovered I'm not that bad with Jiggly... o.o
Well-timed Rest kills are always hilarious.
Also, Rest has invincibility frames in the beginning! =D
You can rest a Blast Box, and it will explode while you are unharmed.

I also dodged a Falcon Punch by resting once (somehow).
They just did it again and than clearly hit me, but still. X_X
It was epic.

Prior to the Random Wi-Fi's, I has some Brawl's with Lunar.
I'd say we were 50/50. Though I got PWNED in the last few when I used random.
Lunar cheats with Ganondorf. >_>
I just know it.

In unrelated news, I can't use Yoshi.

shadow_latias
15th June 2009, 3:28 PM

Then I'm pretty sure I'm the one choosing random characters. xD

Torpoleon
15th June 2009, 8:47 PM
New topics:

Describe your most intense Brawls.
Hmm, well, I don't remember what happened in my intense Brawls. I'll answer this later.

Describe one of your most hilarious Brawls.
Yesterday, my friend was over and my friend, my bro and myself were brawling. My friend(also my bro's friend) was Lucario, my bro was Pit and I was Toon Link. Lucario lost a lot of HP and used Aura Sphere on Pit. Pit rebounded that attack with where his sword like things spin. That rebounds projectiles andother thigns. Liek Mario's carpet thing. Lucario got knocked off and my bro and I were cracking up. Pretty funny. It was on the Final Destination.

shaq-attack
15th June 2009, 9:14 PM
m19, you stole my Pok&#233;mon. T_T

Any Brawl I have with Lunar when he's Marth or Zero-Wolf when he's Zamus is intense.
I beat the former's the other day with Peach, I almost had a heart attack when I realized I won.
I've only beaten Zero Wolf's Zamus once or twice.

A long time ago when I still mained Wario, I was Brawling against Lunar and Starfire_Jirachi on FD. Lunar knocked me under the stage and I was almost below the blast line ,but I quickly used Wario Bike, jumped off it, then used Wario Waft to land back on the stage. That was my best recovery ever. :3

MKFC
15th June 2009, 9:43 PM
Hey guys! I joined the first club, but I was never active there...

Anyways, can I join?

Username: MKFC
Characters: Pikachu, Meta Knight, Toon Link
Friend Code: 1332-9688-5063

there was this one against my friend where I was Jiggly for a joke match (he was Ness). We were bothon one life and I had run out of jumps. I was almost on the ledge and he PK Thunder'd me off again. Then he stupidly decided to chase me down. I was gonna use Pound but my control stick accidentally went down for Rest. BOOM!Ness is KO'd.
Also there was this one match where we were all taunting and I was Captain Falcon. It was Sudden Death and the bob-ombs were starting to fall. In the end it was just me and some Ike taunting each other off. In the end I got annoyed so I charged up a Falcon P- Suddenly a bob-omb hits me and I'm KO'd.

Not really, but there was this one match where we were all taunting and I was Captain Falcon. It was Sudden Death and the bob-ombs were starting to fall. In the end it was just me and some Ike taunting each other off. In the end I got annoyed so I charged up a Falcon P- Suddenly a bob-omb hits me and I'm KO'd.

3. No more, no less. No reason is needed for the fact that I phail at brawl (i.e I really need to get off Sonic Unleashed these days).

m190049
15th June 2009, 10:39 PM
...MOO.
I honestly can't remembefr anything in specific.
Probably random brawls with some of the members here that are around my level...
Lunar, Atoyant, Zero-Wolf, shaq-attack, and the such.

The other day. I was brawling with a few people, I was Jiggly, and was pretty much not trying at ALL. I think Atoyant was there...?
Anyway, I was just jumping back and fourth under Battlefield and taunting and acting silly when I can. Never hitting anyone. Taking multiple hits and not fighting back. At the end, when one person was left. We both stood there next to each other, and taunted. Each with one life left. I suddenly rest killed and won the match. =P
The WHOLE time I did nothing and just took hits. And up above the stage they were having quite an epic match. And I won.

m19, you stole my Pok&#233;mon. T_T
Why yes. Yes I did. BUT YOU RELEASED DROPPED HER. SHE'S MIEN NAOW.
Let's just say we traded. I used to main Zelda.
...On the other hand, I'm starting to use Sheik...

...BAH.

Edit:

Hey guys! I joined the first club, but I was never active there...

Anyways, can I join?

Username: MKFC
Characters: Pikachu, Meta Knight, Toon Link
Friend Code: 1332-9688-5063
You may not join because you have 1332 in your FC instead of 1337. >=0

Your accepted! Welcome!~

Zero-Wolf
15th June 2009, 10:53 PM
Describe your most intense Brawls
Well....I don't have any intense brawl. Most friends(from other forums) want to challenge me for intense brawl.
-No items-
-I often play Zamus, Peach, Marth, Snake, and T/L (T/L and Peach are fun to play. "Fun"?)

I actually liked TB w/Ota. I loved to throw Bomb-omb and Deku nut at CPUs include him and me xD. Boom! I putted items on and I was being Peach. Ota always thought I was weird because I was sadist. O.~

SilverLanayru
16th June 2009, 1:53 AM
Speaking of Link, starfire_jirachi, have you heard of a Link main called "Legan?" Since you're over at Smashboards, I imagine you have. Anyways, after watching some of his matches, I've become inspired to play Link more. Really, his abysmal recovery is the only thing I dislike about him, otherwise he's a pretty well-rounded character in my opinion.

I'm like...stealth inactive on Smashboards lol xD But yeah, of course I've heard of Legan. And I also know a few other really good Link mainers myself. I sometimes learn from some of those really good Link mainers while I use Link. For example, I learned most of the useful techniques through this combo vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0u3sUOShcI&fmt=18) made by Izaw (if you ever heard of him). And currently, I'm learning how to momentum cancel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQIy7P7RWo&fmt=18) with Link.

Ehhh...I have too many to list that involve Zero-Wolf, Metamence, Wiimote, Foxy-Sama, and a few other friends of mine from AllisBrawl, Youtube, and Skype in it.

Too many to list...I mostly have the most hilarious brawls when it comes to "skype-brawling" with a few online friends. Trust me, it's a lot more fun than normal brawling.

Zero-Wolf
16th June 2009, 2:41 AM
I'm learning how to momentum cancel with Link.
If someone will send Link to fly away. You should do either Dair or D tilt.
I have experienced w/ DI from SSBM

Fox's up smash can KO any character than Falco. Any character might survive before due to Fox's up smash.

Ehhh...I have too many to list that involve Zero-Wolf, Metamence, Wiimote, Foxy-Sama, and a few other friends of mine from AllisBrawl, Youtube, and Skype in it.

Foxy-Sama? I recognized between you and him what you guys had skills.

I don't really like Jigglypuff. xP

Icosahedron
16th June 2009, 3:16 AM
The other day. I was brawling with a few people, I was Jiggly, and was pretty much not trying at ALL. I think Atoyant was there...?
Anyway, I was just jumping back and fourth under Battlefield and taunting and acting silly when I can. Never hitting anyone. Taking multiple hits and not fighting back. At the end, when one person was left. We both stood there next to each other, and taunted. Each with one life left. I suddenly rest killed and won the match. =P
The WHOLE time I did nothing and just took hits. And up above the stage they were having quite an epic match. And I won.

I remember that match. It was you, me, Atoyont, and some guy called "Yoshi." Anyways, Atoyont and Yoshi had died. I believe I was the Ice Climbers for some odd reason. Since it was obviously a joke match, and since you had indeed done nothing but float around the bottom of the stage the entire match, I thought it'd be hilariously anticlimactic if I just taunted. I don't remember if you Rest killed me or I just eventually suicided off the edge, but I certainly wasn't trying to win at that point.

For me, though, my most hilarious brawls have been the four-way Captain Falcon dittos I had a few weeks back with Atoyont, GrizzlyB, and Ace!. I was in hysterics with all the Falcon Punches flying around.

If someone will send Link to fly away. You should do either Dair or D tilt.

Hm... I'm pretty sure bair is the best choice since it comes out faster. But yeah, my immediate reaction is to slam down on the c-stick when I'm sent flying as Link so I usually end up using dair anyways.

I'm like...stealth inactive on Smashboards lol xD

Haha, same here. I've joined but I haven't made any posts yet.

Zero-Wolf
16th June 2009, 5:19 AM
some guy called "Yoshi."
I think Yoshi is from here. Here's: Yoshi Color Wheel (http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=123570)

IMO; that's for DI.

I don't play Brawl today. xD I play TOS2 instead.

raglflagl
16th June 2009, 5:26 AM
Probably my most intense one was against Xashlei (a user here).
We were both down to one stock. I was Peach and she was Pit. Both at 200-ish&#37;. I was able to land the first attack, but she kept on dodge rolling. When I was trying to lure her into an attack, she D-Smash'd me. I ended up losing. It was a really fun match though XD.

Err, I really can't remember one. Probably a Golden Hammer match. Xashlei cheated though, she used Marth and counter. D:

For momentum canceling, aren't you supposed to execute your fastest aerial then fast fall? That's what I remember.

m190049
16th June 2009, 7:31 PM
I remember that match. It was you, me, Atoyont, and some guy called "Yoshi." Anyways, Atoyont and Yoshi had died. I believe I was the Ice Climbers for some odd reason. Since it was obviously a joke match, and since you had indeed done nothing but float around the bottom of the stage the entire match, I thought it'd be hilariously anticlimactic if I just taunted. I don't remember if you Rest killed me or I just eventually suicided off the edge, but I certainly wasn't trying to win at that point.
Ah, yes. We were RIGHT next to each other and we were both taunting. I just suddenly rested (which I actually didn't think would hit) and to my surprise your JUST fell off the top of the stage. I remember my brother falling off the couch.
=D

redx125
16th June 2009, 10:24 PM
hmmmm I must have interrupted taunting matches because EVERY battle ppl gang up on me! It doesn't seem fair because I would attack ppl that were messing around alot. XD I had no idea...

anything involving yoshi color wheel!

Yoshi Color Wheel
16th June 2009, 11:01 PM
, and some guy called "Yoshi."

That is me.

Desribe your most intense battles
My most intense battles mainly come from zero-wolf and Grizzly-B
I'm pretty matched up with sonic boom:D

Kurosaki_klan
17th June 2009, 1:27 AM
Describe your most intense battles
My most intense battle was me as Ike "blue team" vs Gannondolf, Link, and Bowser "all green team & lvl9" and I took out Link completely, Gannondolf once, and Bowser once all in my first life, second life I finished off Gannon and Bowser.

shadow_latias
17th June 2009, 5:22 AM
For momentum canceling, aren't you supposed to execute your fastest aerial then fast fall? That's what I remember.

Momentum canceling means you survive at a very high percentage by using a certain specific move, and only works on a few characters such as G&W, DK, and Yoshi. For example, when G&W gets hit hard, you use your fastest aerial, which is his n-air (his n-air is faster than his airdodge), then use his bucket to momentum cancel on the air, causing him to survive near off-stage. Small stages are useless for this technique; however if you're hit hard from far away, you have to use this tech immediately to survive.

If you mean by... auto-canceling, it's when you use your control stick plus performing an aerial, leaving no ending or landing lag. You tilt the control stick up to jump WHILE you tilt the c-stick down or forward/backwards to perform an aerial. This is what makes Ganondorf's d-air useful to thunderstorm and combo and KO your opponent.

Zero-Wolf
17th June 2009, 5:54 AM
I brawled w/ Nova(from Allisbrawl) I started to laugh so hard whenever I didn't get koed xD I was being Peach against his Ness. We were in Snake's stage, so my damage was 290&#37; and I had three stocks =P Nova often lost to me for his reasons...

raglflagl
17th June 2009, 6:05 AM
Momentum canceling means you survive at a very high percentage by using a certain specific move, and only works on a few characters such as G&W, DK, and Yoshi. For example, when G&W gets hit hard, you use your fastest aerial, which is his n-air (his n-air is faster than his airdodge), then use his bucket to momentum cancel on the air, causing him to survive near off-stage. Small stages are useless for this technique; however if you're hit hard from far away, you have to use this tech immediately to survive.

If you mean by... auto-canceling, it's when you use your control stick plus performing an aerial, leaving no ending or landing lag. You tilt the control stick up to jump WHILE you tilt the c-stick down or forward/backwards to perform an aerial. This is what makes Ganondorf's d-air useful to thunderstorm and combo and KO your opponent.

Momentum Canceling (http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Momentum_Canceling)

Basically, yeah, it's what you said. However, it's not only limited to Yoshi, DK and G&W. I've seen it being used in a lot of videos.

shadow_latias
17th June 2009, 6:19 AM

Basically, yeah, it's what you said. However, it's not only limited to Yoshi, DK and G&W. I've seen it being used in a lot of videos.

Yeah, I realized that after reading AiB's tricks/glitches/combos section on the front page. o__o

I thought momentum canceling was only for the 3 characters but I was wrong; it works on all characters, but it's still a lot useful for G&W, Yoshi, and DK mostly.

SilverLanayru
17th June 2009, 6:21 AM

Agreed. Link can momentum cancel...and some other characters can do it too, regardless of whether their DI sucks or not.

Anyway, I was skype-brawling today...mostly with the usual people (Foxy-Sama and three people from youtube, Tiamat475, FinalFantasyFreak47, and magnasmash293). The hilarious part? Wiimote kept playing Brawl character voices/rips/sounds through the Skype call while we brawled lol xD And speaking of AllisBrawl, I must brawl someone by the username of Zolga on that site. I was going to have a few friendlies with him a few days ago but I never got the chance. If I own him, I get to earn the "staff slayer" badge. :3

raglflagl
17th June 2009, 7:50 AM
Oh wow, I just Brawled Zero-Wolf and all I can say is that I got owned. REALLY BAD. I couldn't win a single match. ;__;.

Guess that means I just need to practice waaaaaay waaay more.

I'm probably the worst here. XD. But I did have a lot of fun. XD

Zero-Wolf
17th June 2009, 7:57 AM
Good games ragl. I used random characters against you. Snake is very hard for you. xD So be careful. I tried to do chaingrab as possible. -.-

Indeed, you need to practice more! =D

raglflagl
17th June 2009, 7:59 AM
Good games ragl. I used random characters against you. Snake is very hard for you. xD So be careful. I tried to do chaingrab as possible. -.-

Indeed, you need to practice more! =D

Actually, it seems every character is hard for me. XD

I need to stop rushing in and learn how to shield/dodge/DI/momentum cancel with the correct aerial.

It's like starting Brawl all over again. XD

Zero-Wolf
17th June 2009, 8:55 AM
I didn't make an AllisBrawl account, starfire_jirachi. o.O

Peach's Floating attack cancel ,Sweet!.

shadow_latias
17th June 2009, 4:59 PM
Oh wow, I just Brawled Zero-Wolf and all I can say is that I got owned. REALLY BAD. I couldn't win a single match. ;__;.

Lol. Did chu lag? xD

Snake is very hard for you. xD
Snake is evil. DDDDDDDDDD:

Anyways since I don't feel like doing AiB ladders, anyone want to Brawl? (VM me if you want to)

shaq-attack
17th June 2009, 9:06 PM

Don't take your loss personally raglflagl, Zero-Wolf pretty much owns everybody's arse here. :/
If you ever beat him when he's Zamus, you deserve a gold trophy.
I deserve 2 IIRC.

Zero-Wolf
18th June 2009, 4:43 AM
Great.... Anyway, I brawled w/ Redx and Mexican Smeargle. I was saying like "ugh...brawl lag" -.- It took 1 hr to brawl! I won once. Then I brawled w/Mexican Smeargle for a few matches. I won twice. Then he was about to leave because I used Snake.

SilverLanayru
18th June 2009, 3:14 PM
Don't take your loss personally raglflagl, Zero-Wolf pretty much owns everybody's arse here. :/
I deserve 2 IIRC.

lulz xD That means I get to deserve at least 1 gold trophy. I defeated his Zamus with my Link only one time ehehehe... ^-^;

Yesterday, I brawled with the same people again (skype-style, of course)...except this time, I only brawled Foxy-Sama, Wiimote, and a youtube/AiB user called darkmarth007. And I finally brawl in the FFAs without items after such a little while!!! Anyway, Wiimote's gotten back into using music mod on wi-fi (after feeling too nervous for the last couple of days because he wasn't too sure whether it's safe to use it on friend-only matches or not). In an FFA match, I totally laughed when Hidden Mountain and Forest was playing on Mario Circuit...and most of us, including myself, were like, "Ummmm okay, this song seriously doesn't fit well with this stage." And in our last FFA match (without darkmarth007), we were on FDest and after Foxy-Sama (using Ganondorf) was taken out, I kept trying to use Bowsercide on Wiimote (using Meta Knight) just to go through sudden death. Indeed, that actually happened, although I was just continuously rolling and side-dodging while he flew under the stage to reach the other side and epic-failed xD Heheh...speaking of which, hopefully today's the day where I get my revenge on him for giving me those couple of KOs from most of yesterday's FFAs. -.-;

Nidoprince
18th June 2009, 7:34 PM
Requesting to join!

Username: Nidoprince
Characters: Meta Knight, Pit, Sheik.
Friend Code: 1462-3181-1360

I've been playing this game frequently, so I decided to ask to join. I play this game every day, so I'd like to discuss it with other members.

shadow_latias
18th June 2009, 8:34 PM
I deserve 2 IIRC.

I've only fought Zero in one match and I almost beat his Zamus with ICs by 2 stocks, but suddenly we disconnected out of nowhere. D: I wanted to play Random afterwards, but meh. ;-;
Oh and Zero if you're reading this, I remember you throwing away 3 pieces of Zamus's armor, but you don't need to. Her armor pieces are used for damage or a cost of stock against your opponent since the item is useful as her only projectile (while her Paralyzer is another one too but only useful to paralyze and combo).

Anyways, I fought emerald18 yesterday and he has plenty of great characters he uses, especially his Sonic. ^^ Luckily we didn't have the (freezing) lag but a huge button lag instead, and it was hard to control some of the character I was using so I got nervous on most of the matches. :/

redx125
18th June 2009, 9:47 PM
Umm how do you open BIN files from SSBB cause I took some epic pics and I made them for my sig...

Zero-Wolf
18th June 2009, 10:58 PM
lulz xD That means I get to deserve at least 1 gold trophy. I defeated his Zamus with my Link only one time ehehehe... ^-^;

\

You have a mistake, starfire_jirachi. You also don't deserve a gold trophy, because we were in FFA =/ Someone (either Foxy-Sama or WiiMote) chased me >->. I mostly threw them away for separating(like camping lol) w/ZSS and Snake. And Shaq-attack also don't, too. *sigh*

I've only fought Zero in one match and I almost beat his Zamus with ICs by 2 stocks, but suddenly we disconnected out of nowhere. D: I wanted to play Random afterwards, but meh. ;-;
Oh and Zero if you're reading this, I remember you throwing away 3 pieces of Zamus's armor, but you don't need to. Her armor pieces are used for damage or a cost of stock against your opponent since the item is useful as her only projectile (while her Paralyzer is another one too but only useful to paralyze and combo).

Haha...You used Ice shots so much. -.- Yeah, I threw ZSS's armor away before the brawl started.

Umm how do you open BIN files from SSBB cause I took some epic pics and I made them for my sig...
Here's : Snapshot Decrypter (http://xane.gamez-interactive.de/Brawl/Decrypter/) If you mean that.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
19th June 2009, 9:18 AM
when I came on it was all yellow, and then I saw those eyebrows through the hair and I noticed that only the front was transparent...wow, that makes sense.

Hey, ZW, since you're a Marther, do you footstool spike, or whatever, much?

Zero-Wolf
19th June 2009, 7:21 PM
Marth is my alternate second main lol

It's footstool jump, not spiky.

I saw those eyebrows through the hair and I noticed that only the front was transparent...wow, that makes sense.

What do you mean?

GrizzlyB
19th June 2009, 8:18 PM
It's footstool jump, not spiky.

I'm pretty sure he meant the thing where if you footstool jump off of somebody in midair and use Marth's d-air immediately after, the spacing is perfect for it to be tipped.

Since I'm a Marth main, though, I can give you my answer for that: no. I've never been able to footstool when I want since it seems to practically be random, and the footstool itself sends people tumbling down further than can possibly be considered fair. Plus, it's really not that difficult to just get a tipped d-air off once you learn it. I guess if somehow you could actually master footstooling, it'd be another story, but I've never even come close.

Zero-Wolf
19th June 2009, 9:10 PM
Aaah.......I see. I did that often.

You can press a button for jumping rapidly when you are on somebody's head.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
19th June 2009, 9:31 PM
About the yellow thing, I was just looking at Toon Link's cell shaded trophy where he's wearing his "fashionable" clothing. I stare at trophies sometimes O.O

Grizzly B knows what I'm talkin' about ^-^, I never really did any footstool jumping before, hadn''t even noticed it until a while ago a friend of mind, JaVo, footstool jumped off of me during a wi-fi match just for the hell of it =P

Queen_Lugia
19th June 2009, 10:04 PM
May I join? Here's mah info:
SPPf Username: Queen_Lugia

Mains: At the moment, it's currently Marth/Ike/Wario (I use Wario to goof off.) The mains change every so often, FYI. Lesser mains atm would be Pokemon Trainer/Lucario. (I don't use the Pokemon characters as often now, though. >_<)

FC: 0860-7720-9889

Wow... That was a bit of a wall o' text.

Torpoleon
19th June 2009, 10:12 PM
Sorry for inactivity! Anyways I have another new topic:
Which Brawl characters would you NOT want to have in a possible SSB4?
Jigglypuff, Capt. Falcon, Lucario(if the 5th Gen starts by that time), and I believe that is it. My reasons are:
Jigglypuff-Why even put it in? How has it lasted since SSB?
Capt. Falcon: His series is not too popular.
Lucario- If the 5th Gen starts, he'll be replaced by a 5th Gen Pokemon.

I think that SSBB was the best Wii game in history so far. Anyone else agree with me?

AerialAce!
19th June 2009, 10:27 PM
I'm too busy to take care of my owner duties, but I can't not interject with:

Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff are in because they have been in the beginning, and will be forever. Jiggs has also been popular in Japan since Pokemon began.

See also, Captain Falcon is far to ****ing cool to ever leave.

Lucario's a great character, and brings a cool mechanic to the game. I'd like him to stick around if he can, but I understand that he's the most likely Pok&#233;mon to get the boot. He's also the only non-first-gen monster in the game. First-gen is overrepresented. If the series had more than four character slots, and the new one was taken by a 5th-gen guy, it'd be fair, but the other big series would need to keep up, and the roster would be enormous by the time they evened things out.

Frankly, if a Pok&#233;mon was booted, I'd want it to be Jigglypuff simply because it's not Pikachu and the starter team is the starter team. It would break the original twelve up, though, and none of the others are easy to get rid of.

F-Zero isn't as unpopular as you suggest... it's got as much of an underground following as Earthbound (at least its games make it to the US...) at least, and a Wii or DS release would be amazing. It'd probably be a good game to use to show off the added power of the DSi.

EDIT: m19, going on a trip to the Florida Keys this weekend. Mind collecting all the new members since my last front page update and PMing them to me when I get back?

Zero-Wolf
20th June 2009, 2:22 AM
Jiggs has also been popular in Japan since Pokemon began.

I agree with AerialAce. I heard the humors about Jigglypuff from Japan.

I really like Lucario. I wish it could be not replaced by a new character for SSB4.

Anyway, last night, I brawled w/ The Mexican Smeargle. I used Diddy Kong against his Lucas =P I won the whole matches. Good games.

redx125
20th June 2009, 11:29 AM
Lucario is epic!!! Without him there could be no Lucario Kirby (http://redx125.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/lucario-kirby-epicness.png)!!! If they don't get rid of jiggly then they need to get rid of the hat!

Torpoleon
20th June 2009, 12:41 PM
Good points, AerialAce! Lucario MIGHT stay even if there is a 5th Generation, but a 5th Gen Pokemon would be replacing Jigglypuff. I do know that Jigglypuff is popular in Japan. Guess that explains why it has been in the SSB series since the beginning.

m190049
20th June 2009, 5:18 PM
Requesting to join!

Username: Nidoprince
Characters: Meta Knight, Pit, Sheik.
Friend Code: 1462-3181-1360

I've been playing this game frequently, so I decided to ask to join. I play this game every day, so I'd like to discuss it with other members.
Accepted! Discuss away!~

May I join? Here's mah info:
SPPf Username: Queen_Lugia

Mains: At the moment, it's currently Marth/Ike/Wario (I use Wario to goof off.) The mains change every so often, FYI. Lesser mains atm would be Pokemon Trainer/Lucario. (I don't use the Pokemon characters as often now, though. >_<)

FC: 0860-7720-9889.
Uh... You kind went a bit long on the Mains part, but...
Well, I guess, accepted. You still used the form and all.
Welcome!~

when I came on it was all yellow, and then I saw those eyebrows through the hair and I noticed that only the front was transparent...wow, that makes sense.
....wat?

EDIT: m19, going on a trip to the Florida Keys this weekend. Mind collecting all the new members since my last front page update and PMing them to me when I get back?
M'kay. Just make sure to PM me when your back or something, so I don't forget. =P
Oh, and have fun!

Good points, AerialAce! Lucario MIGHT stay even if there is a 5th Generation, but a 5th Gen Pokemon would be replacing Jigglypuff. I do know that Jigglypuff is popular in Japan. Guess that explains why it has been in the SSB series since the beginning.
You think they would keep Lucario in over Jigglypuff? =/

Really, the reason Jigglypuff hasn't gotten axed yet is because they don't remove an original moveset. Note that every character they've removed (besides Mewtwo... has been a clone. Though Mewtwo was actually to be in the game. He has a couple grunts, and a victory theme programmed into the game. There is also an unused physics property that would fit perfect for psychic-ish attacks. Mewtwo is far more programmed than any other removed character, and it's inferred he was removed due to time constraints.
...I.E. they didn't want to delay the game, yet again.
An interview, which asked about his disappearance, also inferred that, yes, he WAS going to be in, though time got in the way... Don't ask for the interview though because I couldn't find it for my life. >.>

...And even than one could claim Mewtwo was replaced with the somewhat similar Lucario.

Again, the fact is that besides that one instance, original, non-clone characters will more than likely not get removed, bar maybe one, or unlikely, but possibly, two, and only if they have a replacement.

Characters I can see getting axed without any real notice are:
Toon Link
Wolf

Original moveset characters I can see getting axed:
R.O.B.. Dunno why. I can just imagine it though...
Pokemon Trainer? *Shrugs*
Lucario.
Ike. Just like how Roy was advertising the most recent FE game... *Shrugs*

And, possible, Snake and Sonic.
It depends, for them, really. They have a special case...

Blazios
20th June 2009, 5:52 PM
Ike's as popular as, if not more popular than, Marth in Japan. Roy wasn't particularly popular, though, so there's a decent chance that Ike will stay. If they get rid of ROBOT, they might as well axe G&W, though I agree that Lucario Snake and Sonic could end up leaving.

m190049
20th June 2009, 5:55 PM
If they get rid of ROBOT, they might as well axe G&W, though I agree that Lucario Snake and Sonic could end up leaving.
G&W is a veteran fighter... He wouldn't leave now. =|
ROB just seems like the character that'd possibly show up once.
Dunno why. Just seems... "different".

Torpoleon
20th June 2009, 6:40 PM
Well some characters from Brawl probably would go. Not characters like Pikachu or Mario, etc. Hasn't taht happened in SSB and SSBM? Either way, a possible SSB4 could have more charaters than SSBB which has happened. I just hope Toon Link does not go.

Sonic Boom
20th June 2009, 6:55 PM
I attribute Robot's appearance in Brawl as something akin to his appearance in MKDS - something that shocks the fanbase and makes them like the game more. I don't know if they would try the shock tactic with ROB again, though.

Toon Link will probably get kicked. Alternate Link keeps arriving with each installment. And since we have a few years until SSB4 comes out, that's plenty of time for another Link to show up. Paper Link

Lucario might as well. Next Poke Gen and all that.

Concerning third parties, they'll either axe both of them, or continue to add more third party characters. I'd like it to be the latter.

Ike is probably going to leave to, since he represents the most recent Fire Emblem. And Marth stays because he's the original.

Nidoprince
20th June 2009, 6:59 PM
Here's who I want to stay:

Meta Knight ( i *heart* Meta Knight)
Pit (He's too new.)
Zelda/Sheik (which ARE staying: no ifs, ands, or buts about it.)
Link (classic)
Lucario (owns.)
Pikachu (Pikaaaaa!)
Samus (Classic...again.)
Z suit Samus (Good for plot.)
Kirby (A world with no Kirby is no world at all!)
Dedede (Good for plot.)

I don't really care about the rest.

MKFC
20th June 2009, 7:42 PM

Well, I would really want them all to stay, but if I had to pick one to go then I'd say Jigglypuff. I know she's popular in Japan, but although she's been there since the original, she's no longer as good as she used to be, and I haven't battled a good Wifi Jigglypuff in a long time. She'll probably be replaced by something from the 5th gen.

SaulGCube
21st June 2009, 3:55 AM
Paper Link
Paper Link?? Who?
Probably Snake. :/ Just annoying too fight for me really. I highly doubt they'll keep Lucario for the next game seeing how the 5th gen games will probably be out by then, thus they'll just replace him with a 5th gen pokemon.

Metamence
21st June 2009, 4:16 AM
Paper Link?? Who?

That's prolly a speculation I suppose.
I had some Brawls with Zero Wolf today, and I've won more Brawls than him..
My Snake beat his Snake(No losses for me...), Dedede beat his Zero Suit, Meta Knight beat his Zero Suit, Falco beat his Zero Suit, Captain Falcon I believe beat his Peach, Diddy Kong beat his Peach and Zero Suit, etc etc..

m190049
21st June 2009, 4:49 AM
I know she's popular in Japan, but although she's been there since the original, she's no longer as good as she used to be, and I haven't battled a good Wifi Jigglypuff in a long time.
I have.

Also, Shaq-Attack used to be the most annoying thing in the world with Jigglypuff. Seriously. Too bad he dropped her...
Though I've been using Jigglypuff recently.

Paper Link?? Who?
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/207/c/c/Paper_Toon_Link_by_DarkMetaKnightFTW.jpg

Obviously to star in:

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs40/300W/i/2009/014/8/9/Paper_Zelda_by_HapyCow.png

I highly doubt they'll keep Lucario for the next game seeing how the 5th gen games will probably be out by then, thus they'll just replace him with a 5th gen pokemon.
Hell, 6th gen games will probably be out by than.

Melee to Brawl had both 3rd and 4th gens.

If this game is to be BIGGER than the last, it'd probably take even longer than Melee to Brawl. Not quite 7th Gen material, but likely 6th.

SaulGCube
21st June 2009, 5:36 AM
Hell, 6th gen games will probably be out by than.

Melee to Brawl had both 3rd and 4th gens.

If this game is to be BIGGER than the last, it'd probably take even longer than Melee to Brawl. Not quite 7th Gen material, but likely 6th.
Lol! Sorry that was just a funny picture.
Yeah i just checked the time differences your probablyy right.

shaq-attack
22nd June 2009, 4:39 AM
Also, Shaq-Attack used to be the most annoying thing in the world with Jigglypuff. Seriously.

;3

New Topic: What are your favorite Brawl stages to fight on? Your least favorites?

I don't really have a favorite per se, but my most preferred stages are Final Destination and Smashville. Simple and stationary=Thumbs up.
Plus, Smashville has a bonus on Saturdays.

My least favorites:

The ones where the stage kills you more than your actual opponent
Flat Zone 2
Mario Bros.
Pirate Ship (I'd like it if it wasn't for the periodic bombing)
~
Others
Rumble Falls- I hate having to continuously move up while fighting (the only thing good about this stage is Bramble Blast)

Lylat Cruise- It's difficult to fight competively on because of the platforms

Battlefield- Same as above

Zero-Wolf
22nd June 2009, 5:51 AM
What are your favorite Brawl stages to fight on? Your least favorites?

Hmmm....Oh well. I'm gonna give my favorites stages:

1) Lylat Cruise (I love to see the meteor belt, wars, etc. I used to play Starfox series.)
2) Spear Pillar
3) Smashville (same as what Shaq-attack said) Sweet Songs!

Least favorite:

Summit, hands down. Because it doesn't have the ledges for grabbing. Be Careful.

Mr. Mudkip
22nd June 2009, 6:09 AM
Username: Mr. Mudkip (Online name is muddy)
Characters: Ness/Falcon/Random others
Friend Code: 4940-5239-9786

m190049
22nd June 2009, 6:16 AM
Favorites:
1) Spear Pillar
2) Halberd
3) Mushroomy Kingdom (Aboveground)

...Not for competitiveness, but for fun, I'd say those are my favorites.

Least favorites:
1) Mario Bros.
2) Port Town Aero Dive
3) 75m

Username: Mr. Mudkip (Online name is muddy)
Characters: Ness/Falcon/Random others
Friend Code: 4940-5239-9786
Oh, herro thar.
Accepted!

Zero-Wolf
22nd June 2009, 11:26 PM
Metamence and I are kinda equal. o=

Yesterday, I have won the matches against Metamence. My ZSS beat his Falco, DDD, and Wario(I don't remember which one is).

Atoyont
23rd June 2009, 12:09 AM
Lylat Cruise- It's difficult to fight competively on because of the platforms

Battlefield- Same as above
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lylat Cruise is a bit odd, but just because a place has platforms doesn't make it "competitively unviable." Some characters do better with platforms, some do better without. If you can't use platforms, that's YOUR fault.

ShinyFufu
23rd June 2009, 12:10 AM
I wish I could play some of you guys. -_- My Wii no longer reads Brawl...I really should invest in a Lens Cleaning Disc, huh?

Zero-Wolf
23rd June 2009, 12:16 AM
I really should invest in a Lens Cleaning Disc, huh?
Yes, you can buy it. Here's Lens Cleaning Kit play-asia (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10u-49-en-70-2zw3.html)

AerialAce!
23rd June 2009, 2:35 AM
You're better off just buying it in-store. No need to import what's readily available. They're selling it in US game stores for about $10. I think I need to get one for my friend, actually. His PLAYS the game, but it takes forever to load anything.

Back, but preparing for surgery tomorrow. I'll get things updated after I take care of a few things.

#TWERKTEAM
23rd June 2009, 6:40 AM
Originally posted by: AerialAce!
You're better off just buying it in-store. No need to import what's readily available. They're selling it in US game stores for about $10. I think I need to get one for my friend, actually. His PLAYS the game, but it takes forever to load anything.

Back, but preparing for surgery tomorrow. I'll get things updated after I take care of a few things.

Good luck with your surgery, man. I've had it 3 times and I can say its not very fun.

On a Brawl note I've been doing rather well with Marth as of late. I'm trying to get used to spacing with his fair but its not that easy as I ised to use the A button for all my moves and getting used to the c-stick is a pain.

Also, has anyone seen the Wargasm combo? I saw it yesterday and I can say its rather epic.

The combo starts at 5:12. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4TaJd8uwWg)

The combo video is good, but I <3 the wargasm.

AerialAce!
23rd June 2009, 6:51 AM
Good luck with your surgery, man. I've had it 3 times and I can say its not very fun.

This is my fourth, all for entirely different things. Fortunately, it's not very invasive this time. A tiny camera and a laser to repair a herniated disc in my lower back. Not bad at all compared to my gallbladder removal, and it SHOULD be less painful than the sinus surgery. Actually, considering the reason I need it, recovery will be a relief compared to walking around with the pinched nerve I'm dealing with now.

Also, thanks.

Anyway, it's like 1:45 AM and I need to be at the hospital at 7:30. Think I should go to bed now. m19, please get me those, um, forms(?) tomorrow and I'll try to update the page while I'm half-asleep and dizzy from the anesthesia. Should be fun.

Sonic Boom
23rd June 2009, 6:56 PM
I played a few matches with Atoyont and SaulGCube the last couple of days, using King Dedede, whom I've never used much before. I played Saul with dittos (Waddle Dee Army brigades are awesome), and Atoyont with his mains. I really think he's going to be my third main, after Sonic and Olimar. So could someone replace whoever is in the third slot of my mains with Dedede, please?

I'm up for some Brawls at random times today, so message me if you want to Brawl. I want to work on Dedede's BAir and chaingrab some more. Seems like those are the two main things I have a problem with connecting, especially in lag.

Zero-Wolf
23rd June 2009, 7:01 PM
I have seen Wargasm combo. I don't think that's epic, but kinda. Because Snake is broken. Also, MK is broken, too.

My ZSS can't beat only MK ;_; MK is evil.....

Surgery? Yike....I don't like a surgery. >_> Other day, I watched TV show as it that I had headache. Double Yikes.

shaq-attack
24th June 2009, 1:39 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lylat Cruise is a bit odd, but just because a place has platforms doesn't make it "competitively unviable." Some characters do better with platforms, some do better without. If you can't use platforms, that's YOUR fault.
It does for me. Plain & Simple. :3
I had some intense Brawls against Lunar's Marth, Sheik, and MK with my Pit, Peach, and Sheik. I won mostly against the former two, but his MK was so hard to defeat; I could hardly lay a scratch on him. The thing is, he doesn't even main MK. :/

I hope everything turns alright for you Ace!

m190049
25th June 2009, 3:40 AM
It does for me. Plain & Simple. :3
*Edits random stage selection*
Heheheh...

The_Mexican_Smeargle
25th June 2009, 11:09 AM
Ace told me he's in Pain from the surgery. I haven't talked to him much lately, though, @ Ace: how you doin' dude?

I hadn't ever touched wold until this night, but I did, and he's so freaking awesome =D, he totalle ate up my friend's Mario, and I can NEVER beat his Mario Xd, also, he couldn't handle my Game&Watch Xd, I guess he's to used to the "overused" fighters =P

Zero Wolf I'd like for you to add this person, and have a few brawls with him, if it's not too much of a bother:

Fierce deity: JaVo

4854-9496-3143

He's not a member in sppf, since he's not a pokemon fan, but he's a pretty fun brawler. I told him to add you.

Has anyone got a clue about those GIGA JIGGLYPUFFs I've been seeing??? /randomness

SaulGCube
26th June 2009, 12:28 AM
You mean the one that involves Jigglys final smash?
Favorites- Battlefield, only thing i hate about it are the platforms. =P
Final Destination- Probably the most normal stage ever and no platforms.
Least favorites- Rumble falls, 75m notice they're DK stages?

Icosahedron
26th June 2009, 1:07 AM
Least favorites- Rumble falls, 75m notice they're DK stages?

Yeah, DK got crappy stages in Brawl. Kongo Jungle was fun (king of the hill (rock?) ftw) and had amazing music, and SSB's Jungle Japes was a pretty fair stage (strong water currents and OHKOing crocodiles aside). Then along comes Brawl and DK gets two stages, but BOTH of them are relatively random and gimmicky.

Anyways, my least favorite stage is probably New Pork City. Besides being too large for its own good (and nowhere near as cool or fun as Hyrule Temple), it has arguably the worst default music ever (Porky's Theme). Thank goodness for music customization. Of course, I never get to listen to the Love Theme from Mother 3 anyway since I never play on New Pork City. EVER.

My favorite stage is probably Smashville, with its calm music and calm atmosphere in general. It has one platform, but that platform moves, which adds a subtle layer of strategy. Also, it doesn't have the annoying lips that Final Destination possesses.

The_Mexican_Smeargle
26th June 2009, 6:30 AM
I'm in love with Game & Watch right now, it's not even funny

Sonic Boom, sorry about that earlier, I wanted to change the riles, but I did the wrong thing to exit the match, I didn't mean to =P

shadow_latias
26th June 2009, 10:13 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually Lylat Cruise CAN BE a hazard because of the tilting, and with the tilting the platforms can be a bother, unlike Battlefield. It's a CP now because of the tilting obviously, and it's hard to recover from below. Characters like Peach, Pikachu, Wolf, Marth, and some other characters do bad in Lylat.

Favorites
Smashville
Halberd
Spear Pillar
Least Favorites
Rumble Falls
Flat Zone 2
Big Blue
Jungle Japes

m190049
27th June 2009, 3:59 AM
It's a CP now because of the tilting
It shifted?

Last I heard it was one of the 5 (now 4...) nuetral stages.

shadow_latias
27th June 2009, 4:44 PM
It shifted?

Last I heard it was one of the 5 (now 4...) nuetral stages.

It's a CP now; some people freaked out why Lylat's a CP, but due to many losses in Lylat Cruise in most of the tournament results, it turned to a CP. :[

SBR Rules; scroll down (http://smashbrawlrankings.com/index.php?page=9)
AiB Rules; scroll down (http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/rules.aspx?id=13)

Zero-Wolf
28th June 2009, 8:36 AM
I can be able to recover on Lylat Cruise w/Peach.

Good games, The Mexican Smeargle! I won the whole matches. You missed me w/your Lucas/Ness PK Fire a lot. I used Random characters against his Lucas, Ness, and Wolf. And he rarely used Mr.G&W. I started to laugh and watched you when you used Wolf's blaster. You weren't good as Mr. G&W. Is your first time you use Mr. G&W?

The_Mexican_Smeargle
28th June 2009, 11:58 AM
Zero-Wolf, lol, I'm just ****ing around now a days Xd

The PK fire is to annoy you, not trying to hit you Xd, I like Game&Watch, but I've only used it twice, this would have been my second time using him,He's pretty fun. I never use Wolf, but I was bored, I can't seem to break out of that Lucas shell sometimes =S, but I know I wanna do more Game&Watch.

Like I said, I'm just messing around, what's the use of being serious when going up against someone that's practically memorized the timing, priority and range of most characters XP.

I HAVE LOTS OF STRESS AND BRAWL HELPS ME, if you care, brawl me and ease my suffering ;_;

If you do you get a cookie =O

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs25/300W/i/2008/075/c/5/Love_Cookies_by_LuigiWithCheese.jpg

shadow_latias
28th June 2009, 3:26 PM
I can be able to recover on Lylat Cruise w/Peach.

Well the thing is...

Let's say you were floating on the left side of the stage, and then you try to recover to the ledge because you'll think you'll make it, but instead you just go under Lylat and then Peach falls to her death. This is due to the tilting, and recovering is hard so it probably changes your recovery direction, or Lylat itself. BUT it is useful for stage-spiking if someone's near the ledge, but both players die.

Zero-Wolf
29th June 2009, 1:41 AM
You(Peach) need to tilt up and down rapidly while you hold parasol and wait to see someone's near ledge until grab the ledge before Lylat Cruise moving up/down. Or you can float while attacking(D-air/F-air) against someone.

Yeah, it's kinda dangerous, shadow_latias.

*steals a cookie* Yummy!

Sonic Boom
29th June 2009, 2:26 AM
Eh, I never really had a hard time with LC. The edges seem to tilt very slowly for me. I think the only time I missed the ledges were with Falco and Wolf, and their recoveries are barely manageable at best.

I'm up for some Brawls tonight. Preferably with people I have never Brawled before.

Mr. Mudkip
30th June 2009, 2:36 AM
Olimar hard counters Zero-Wolf.

Zero-Wolf
30th June 2009, 3:55 AM
I brawled w/ keyblade bearer 430 today. I even won the whole matches, again xD Good games, keyblade bearer 430!
Geno's name is ♥♪!?, but I don't know why Nintendo/Square-Enix change his name. Geno owned by Square-Enix. =/

Olimar hard counters Zero-Wolf.
Well....That's not really good because of Snake,Meta Knight, Wario, and DDD that I use them.