PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone focus on one type only?

J-boogie200
31st May 2009, 7:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone did. Just curious. I love water pokemon, and I've tried to dominate battles with just using primarily them. I've won some and lost some. For example, all level 100s(Dewgong, Walrein, Swampert, Slowbro, Kingdra) My Empoleon is on level 80 and I've had it for 2 years. Crazy huh. I mean I also have other types, but I just love others.

glowing_light010
31st May 2009, 7:14 PM
i love ice types!
they are my absolute favorite <3
smoochum is my favoritee of all :]
sometimes i will play a game && only have ice types,
just for the fun of it.
my fav. team would have to be:
smoochum
glaceon
dewgong
froslass
abomasnow
articuno

Adeku
31st May 2009, 7:17 PM
I like to have different types in the teams I build and in my ingame teams.

Concept
31st May 2009, 7:17 PM
I do monotype challenges sometimes. My favourite type is water (only one where I've done a monotype on all four gens) although fighting and psychic come in at second and third.

Officer Jenny
31st May 2009, 7:23 PM
i started with pearl and played it with a mixed team, but on diamond i've stuck to water types

uhhh6677
31st May 2009, 9:24 PM
I usually use a variety of types, unless I'm doing a monotype challenge. But psychic pokemon are sweet.

FireHead Hank
31st May 2009, 11:30 PM
Fire is considered to be the weakest type out there because of its Earthquake, Surf & Stealth Rock weakness. Nevertheless, I love fire type Pokemon. I love everything about them, their underdog image, their designs, their attacks...

Even though I do not train fire type Pokemon ONLY, I would say I specialize in the Type. My goal is to own a decent IVed, EV trained version of every existing fully evolved fire type (I already did this with Infernape, Arcanine and Houndoom). I am not in a rush tho, as I enjoy raising other Pokemon as well. I also have my fire Pokemon in mind when I'm raising other Pokemon. Having thoughts about how they could support my fire types, what fire weaknesses they could cover and so on.

You see, I'm a fire enthusiast who also enjoys other Pokemon types & especilly Pokemon breeding.

Killer Grunt
1st June 2009, 2:12 AM
Hmm i guess i would specialize in water or grass type pokemon. I do use others but they are always my main focus. It may be partly because i have not liked the fire type starter since the Johto days.

charlulz1993
1st June 2009, 2:25 AM
Bug types are my favorite. I am planing on making an all bug team once I am done with the elite 4.

Miltank Lover
1st June 2009, 11:00 AM
Water Types, I adore them. But I also have an Ice, fire & Grass team in the making.

Alloute
1st June 2009, 11:01 AM
I do not, but I love Ice and Water types, they bring out the mother in me...

I'm doing a Lorelei team on Pearl soon.

Lucazard
1st June 2009, 11:12 AM
I like Fire Types but focusing ONLY on one type is pretty sad, so many disadvantages when it comes to gyms and all that.

ScorpioStarmie
2nd June 2009, 11:25 PM
I have made a team of just water pokemon on gold before. I switched out my togetic and meganium with some of the water pokemon sometimes. Since then I never had did that again. I was thinking about it on Diamond. Of course a water team. I might want to try a psychic aor dark team...my other favorite types.

Luxe
2nd June 2009, 11:59 PM
I really like water and ice type pokemon, and I actually considered making each pokemon on my competitive team have that type. Claydol and Breloom are the only ones without either of the types, so maybe I'll switch them for some other pokemon. Imagine a competitive team that all shared a type. COOL BEANS ROAR!!!!

Cruisercard
3rd June 2009, 3:26 AM
My favorite types are Water, Dark, Bug and Poison but for some reason I have about eight Water Types. Six of them are almost unique dual types too. Don't ask me how but it just happened.

mxe567
3rd June 2009, 3:28 AM
I also love water types but I don't usually train one type...I try and keep my teams all balanced

Beotium
3rd June 2009, 8:24 PM
My favorite type is rock. Being somehow underestimated due to the many x4 weaknesses they catch some neatweaknesses on flying Pokes like Dragonite or the brids..too sad that in old times Rock slide was the only powerful move..but now rock Pokemon are more powerful than before..I don't really care of some weaknesses since especially rock is often combined to overcome this weakness..Maybe I should try to train a gym leader team..

Zimiii
3rd June 2009, 8:30 PM
My favorite types are Dark and Dragon. Fire is nice too, but I like the first two more. I don't focus on one type. I always try to build a balanced team.

Witchan
3rd June 2009, 8:37 PM
No, I'm using any type for my team in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. :)

COKTAL
3rd June 2009, 8:40 PM
I usually keep a fairly even team just so that nothing can suprise me. But most of my pokemon either have a ground or fighting move just because of coverage. But I'm a huge fan of grass pokemon (most dragons are cool too).

TrainerCasey
3rd June 2009, 9:07 PM
I usually use Grass, Bug, and Flying cause their my 3 favorite types but I always use a balanced type team. =)

coolespeon
6th June 2009, 6:05 PM
I don´t like to have a team of only one type, I think it is better to keep everything in balance.

Wigglytuff_
6th June 2009, 8:07 PM
I like fire types and I use them a lot. But,My team is all different types.

Miles "Tails" Prower
6th June 2009, 8:09 PM
I don't generally focus on just one type, but alot of my teams seem to have more than one Pokemon that's flying type in it.

Shiny Bashamo
10th June 2009, 12:01 PM
I'm doing a monotype electric challenge in Pearl ATM

I just got owned for the second time by Roark -__-

so it it possible to do and I really enjoy it.

Lucariofan-atic
10th June 2009, 12:03 PM
i like dragon types, but i still use the random types in my party

Blivsey
10th June 2009, 3:05 PM
I tend to end up using a lot of Steel-types, intentionally or not. But I really like Steel-types, anyway, so it's cool.

charigod
10th June 2009, 10:18 PM
for the longest time i did an all dark-type team, but i switched back to multi-type soon after

Kyogre35
10th June 2009, 10:20 PM
I remember on one of my games I only used one type...but I usually diversify.

Commander L. Halsti
11th June 2009, 8:35 PM
I've never done a monotype game, but, if and when I do, it'll be Poison. I always have 3 Pokemon of this type in my E4 team, and, I hope to beat the E4 with a fully Poison team, one day.

The Flash
12th June 2009, 9:50 PM
my first run through i pick a starter, which is usually random, and then support my starter with pokemon that help cover what its weak to. my main attacker is usually my starter. but after that run through... i try to do weird things like my all fighting team, all psychic team, etc. i'm serious to beat the game, and then mess around.

tom-tom
12th June 2009, 10:02 PM
i used too try to be grass but now i dont care

Rebo Rhino
12th June 2009, 10:26 PM
i love dragons ground fire and normal types. but at the same time i enjoy a balanced team. but i am always training different pokemon. b4 my sapphire crashed i had around 60 lvl 100's most of which were the list above and some other miscellaneous favorites. i miss that file so much.

limitedmage
18th June 2009, 5:48 AM
I usually try to train a balanced team, but I play the monotype challenge once in a while too, exclusively with Fire types in my Crystal game. Go Typhlosion! :D

Pokefan0234
18th June 2009, 6:23 AM
I usually balance my team, but otherwise I use Fire, Dark, Dragon, or Steel. All the evil/violent types. :D

Escape Reality
21st June 2009, 1:04 AM
I usually keep a fairly even team just so that nothing can suprise me. But most of my pokemon either have a ground or fighting move just because of coverage. But I'm a huge fan of grass pokemon (most dragons are cool too).

i also try and keep a pretty even team, though i may lean towards the water type... >.> or pokemon with a weakness to ice and electric type moves.

treespyro
21st June 2009, 9:12 AM
I have done a team full of Ground Type Pokemon on Sapphire but the closest with a full team of one type in Diamond is my Poison Team.

'Twas a Good Team

Caaz
22nd June 2009, 8:37 AM
I love Flying type pokemon! I beat all the gyms in diamond with my staraptor!

i'm trying to get my team filled with the coolest birds, kinda hard getting a pidgey/pidgeotto/pidgeot in the GTS....

cfish
21st August 2009, 11:00 PM
I like dragon types because of the great type coverage and the sweet reward I get when I finally get a Dragonite after busting my a** raising a Dratini from level fifteen and going through the elite 4 with a Dragonair. It makes Dragonite feel really over-powered

Sara Hysaro
21st August 2009, 11:51 PM
I usually try to train a balanced team, but I play the monotype challenge once in a while too, exclusively with Fire types in my Crystal game. Go Typhlosion! :D

I did something like that in Gold, except the only Pokémon I used was Typhlosion. Thunderpunch really helped out a lot. :) I miss Toughy....

Anyways, I don't really focus on one type, instead I like to avoid having two pokemon of the same type at all costs. Still, if I had to pick I'd pick dark. It's one of my favorite types.

Too Funk to Druck
21st August 2009, 11:56 PM
Unless I'm doing a monotype team, I tend to avoid having any of my Pokemon sharing a type. I have done a ground monotype, and I'm working on a water one now.

Zonn13
22nd August 2009, 6:43 AM
Well, generally I don't, but I might make Psychic team and a Fighting team some day.

Gallade
Metagross
Alakazam
Solrock
Bronzong
Xatu

Gallade
Blaziken
Hitmonlee
Heracross
Breloom
Hitmonchan

AlCario
22nd August 2009, 7:00 AM
When I'm not doing a monotype, I generally try to give myself a well-balanced team.

Kinali
24th August 2009, 11:36 PM
I started raising my Ghost team after I beat Cynthia.

Love it so far, it's got great type coverage and hasn't majorly dissapointed me yet.

^^Yoshinichi^^
26th August 2009, 9:14 PM
Poison types are the greatest, but I suaully use a regular team. Oneday, I'll make an awesome Poison type team. >D Swalot, you rule.

Phoenixphire
27th August 2009, 7:53 PM
Poison types are the greatest, but I suaully use a regular team. Oneday, I'll make an awesome Poison type team. >D Swalot, you rule.

Poison!! <3
While not all my team is poison, my Butterfree DOES have Toxic :)
But I love my poison team so far, and though it doesn't have the BEST coverage in the world, it holds it's own ^.^

Jordy Kieto
27th August 2009, 8:27 PM
In 3rd generation I kinda went crazy for dragon pokemon; and till this day I still like them but I donjust exclusively use dragons anymore

WynautQueen
29th August 2009, 6:50 PM
I have favorites that are too all over the board to specialize. I might build one-type teams occasionally for fun, but I don't think I could mostly specialize in one type entirely.

JQ2ujrx
29th August 2009, 6:58 PM
My team tends to be balanced...i may make a sun based team though...one day...

Martinzqx
23rd September 2009, 4:24 AM
i used to go crazy over water pokes.

but more recently im finding i am in LOVE with Normal, fighting, and dark pokes.

Turtle Master
23rd September 2009, 5:22 AM
While I always keep a balanced team I prefer flying types and ground types.

Shadow Gamer
23rd September 2009, 4:22 PM
I usually keep a balanced team but I have an undying love for Water Types.

Ash^_^
23rd September 2009, 4:26 PM
I make my team balanced.
but before i focused on ghost pokemon

GIR7590
2nd October 2009, 1:26 AM
I mostly use water types... But I can't say I strictly focus on them. I use a few others that are Electric, and and Psychic.

Meganiatales
2nd October 2009, 5:27 PM
Yes I do. :) I am in the process of beating my Pearl Version using ONLY Water types. They are my favorite Pokemon element, and I think it adds a bit of spice to the game, as well as making it much more challenging.

GengarNightmare
2nd October 2009, 7:39 PM
If I ever get around to building a competitive team, I would probably end up specializing in a type that benefits from weather effects. Now that we have 493 pokemon to choose from, you can find enough variety among a single type to avoid a universal weakness. I've thought seriously about making either a sandstorm team or a rain dance team, but I haven't gotten around to doing either. The inspiration for a sandstorm team came from my awesome Garchomp, but I began to consider a rain dance team when I was swept by one :p A rain dance Kindgra is a very appealing idea to me.

But in my early days playing Pokemon, I always thought about building a fire type team because all my favorite pokemon were fire. Now, fire has so many problems you can hardly avoid being swept. The addition of stealth rock, a huge abundance of bulky waters, and the bane that is Swampert seriously discourages fire types.

Luckster
4th October 2009, 6:54 AM
I stick to Ghost types myself, which gets me in a heap of trouble in Wifi Battles. =___=

SHINY CATCHER
4th October 2009, 4:36 PM
Love Grass types the most, Sceptile just rocks and Tangrowth has great defensive qualities.I try to use them as much as possible and I nearly always win my battles.

3lmi
4th October 2009, 4:46 PM
Grass / Flying types are my favourite because they are fast and bulky. At the beginning of the game you really start to bond with the beginner bird.

Birds of Paradise
4th October 2009, 6:52 PM
I usually have an impulse to focus on fire types, though I usually raise a team of all different types. But usually I'm in a conflict over which fire pokemon to put on my team when I like two. I've tried having two of the same type in my team, but that didn't really work well. However, after I've beaten the game you bet I'll go back and train a bunch of fire pokemon that were sitting in my box.

Shining Latios
4th October 2009, 8:09 PM
I love Dragon Types so much!! I like to use them all the time. I like to focus on mainly many types but if I had to focus on one type only I would go with Dragon types for sure.

.Latias.
5th October 2009, 12:58 AM
Yup. :) I don't normally do this with Pokemon games, but I am creating a Water Pokemon monotype team on my Pearl Version. I think it adds some spice to the game and will make it quite a challenge for me. Plus, it will give me something to do as far as gaming goes until I can get my own SoulSilver Version.