PDA

View Full Version : did u find it easy or hard to capture Palkia/Dialga/Giratina

SilverWitch
1st June 2009, 8:46 PM
I have pokemon pearl and i remember when it came to capturing Palkia all i had 2 do was throw a quick ball at it. My friend said it took him ages to capture it.
Just wondering how long it took everybody else to capture Palkia/Dialga or Giratina, to see if im not the only one that had to throw a quick ball at one of them.

Swampert_trainer
1st June 2009, 10:03 PM
In Diamond I used a quick ball on Dialga and caught it on the very first turn. So no, I did not find it hard to catch Dialga.

It was difficult for me to catch Giratina though. I eventually gave up and just used a masterball.

Serenna
1st June 2009, 10:08 PM
On Platinum, catching Giratina was easy. However, catching a Modest Giratina without having to use a Master Ball, however, wasn't so easy. :(

Jukain:)
1st June 2009, 10:09 PM
Giratina was easily tamed with a mix of my Gengar's hypnosis and a good Dusk Ball.

Dialga...not so easy. I was out of Special Balls and was sitting there tossing Great Balls praying for a capture.

Indy
1st June 2009, 10:25 PM
I just caught Dialga and Palika lastnight. With one toss of a duskball. My Vaporeon used Ice Beam. Palika got frozen, though.

TrainerCasey
1st June 2009, 10:27 PM
I thought it was really easy to catch Dialga. I threw an Ultra Ball twice and then a Timer Ball and it was caught. I might go after Palkia tonight.
Giratina was unlike Diamond. It took me about 30 seconds to catch it in Platinum...I accidentally killed it in Diamond...Stupid Critical Hits. >.<

suicune lover
1st June 2009, 10:28 PM
Lets see....
Dialga
Empoleons Surf, Quick ball

Palkia
Metal claw, crit hit, Great ball.

Giratina (Origin)
Master ball. I had 2 so I was OK with it

Giratina (Another)

Razor leaf,Razor leaf,Razor leaf,(repeat x10) Ultra ball, Ultra ball, Dusk ball, Great ball, Repeat ball, Great ball, Ultra ball,
GOTCHA

coolespeon
2nd June 2009, 3:05 AM
Dialga: was regular, but tending to easy. Close combat from staraptor twice and ultra ball thrice.
Giratina: quite hard. I used lots of utra and dusk balls, but it didn´t work and threw a masterball (I had 3, two transferred from GBA)

Tyrant Tar
2nd June 2009, 3:41 AM
Dialga/Palkia are fairly easy, due to their catch rate of 30 (as opposed to most Legendaries, who are 3). Still need to be weakened, but usually only a couple Ultra/Quick Balls 'til it's caught.

Giratina was a pain, ended up using a Masterball on it.

drake13
2nd June 2009, 6:19 AM
dialga and palkia are easy to catch, with the catch rate of 30...you can catch it in no time :D

giratina is a bit hard, matching with mewtwo, beldum and others with a catch rate of 3....it's really hard...

JosJuice
2nd June 2009, 7:32 AM
I was a noob back when I caught my Dialga. First, I fainted it. Then, I returned after beating E4, and used my Master Ball.

Yeah. I also fainted all the other DP legendaries, except for Regigias and the three event ones, because I couldn't get them.

Alloute
2nd June 2009, 7:33 AM
Yes easy. All you have to do is throw many types of PokeBalls.

Ultra Balls FTW.

Can you tell I was lying?

T.W.I.
2nd June 2009, 8:19 AM
Dialga went down with 1 quick ball after being hit once, Palkia full HP with a dive ball (yes dive) and Giratina IN PLATINUM i weaked him to red, made him go nappy, and one hit snag with a dusk ball. I was prepared for a long arguous toss, but i got lucky in one ball :D Now the spirits on the other hand....*shuder* but it doesnt help i like catching them in great balls since it looks like their tales :P.

Lucariofan-atic
2nd June 2009, 11:05 AM
Meh, quite easy.
but that's an exception for giratina.almost all of my pokemon fainted.
just throw some ultra balls when the pokemon hp is red.

PalkiaTrainer
2nd June 2009, 11:14 AM
You are not good catchers you need practice!!!!!!!! I have caught palkia and dialga with the first pokeball. And I was doing it always because i was looking for the best nature. What do you have to say???? Am I lying or i'm a cheater. Nothing. I believe all of you that you caught them with quick ball. I caught regigigas with pokeball (not with the first), rayquaza with great, mewtwo with pokeball. And all of them with full life!!!!!! Some of you you would say that it is not excist. But if you want believe it! It was hard to some but i din't stop trying. I'm sure you have caught many pokemon with the first. Please don't stop trying don't throw master balls!!!!!

~:Shadow:~
2nd June 2009, 11:17 AM
Giratina was slightly hard to catch - about 12 minutes
Dialga was VERY EASY to catch - 3 minutes and a half
Palkia was EXTREMELY EASY to catch - 1 minute and 3/4!!!

(I used my watch to time them all :P)

Cruisercard
3rd June 2009, 3:36 AM
Giratiny was the hardest to catch. I gave up and used a Master Ball.
Dialga and Palkia were easy both on Diamond and Platinum. ( I caught Dialga with a Pokeball FFS)

Aquanova
4th June 2010, 6:01 PM
Dialga was so easy to catch in diamond its not even funny. I used 1 pokemon (Empoleon), and one Ultra Ball

Aquanova
4th June 2010, 6:03 PM
Dialga was so easy to catch in diamond its not even funny. I used 1 pokemon (Empoleon), and one Ultra Ball. Id wanted to save in front of it and get it shiny, but I goofed and forgot and just battled it

TR4eva
5th June 2010, 2:34 PM
In Platinum, they were quite easy. Although I used my Master Ball on Giratina so... that doesn't count.
Now, Dialga and Palkia were easy. I used an Ultra Ball on both of them when they still had over half their health left. This is because Dialga and Palkia's catch rate is quite high for a legendary and i think it's something like 30. Whereas, others such as Mewtwo's catch rate is low and I think its 3 or 4, which is one of, if not the lowest catch rate of any Pokemon.

Raymie
5th June 2010, 10:29 PM
I have Dialga in an Ultra Ball, Giratina in a Dark Ball, and Palkia in a Master Ball.

yeminied
5th June 2010, 11:16 PM
In Platinum Giratina took forever! It was a pain because he's a ghost type so false swipe couldn't work. However I remember he didn't take that long in Diamond.

Dialga did take me time in Diamond however I was young and inexperienced back then.

Dialga and Palkia were terribly easy in Platinum, why would they give legendaries a catch rate which is the same as a Chatot.

Hansen
5th June 2010, 11:20 PM
Palkia was pretty simple to capture, and didn't take much time. Giratina on the other hand, took a LOT of time to catch. I got it down to at least 1-5 HP, and used many balls.

SHINY CATCHER
6th June 2010, 9:13 AM
First time around I remember it took me 12 ultra balls to catch Dialga but since then its been pretty easy. (Looks at Dialga, Palkia and Giratina all sitting in Pokeballs.)

Beebar234
12th June 2010, 8:36 PM
In Platinum, I caught Dialga with a Quick Ball immediately and Palkia with a Dive Ball on my first try at catching it. Giratina, on the other hand, was a freaking demon. It took me so many hours to catch it while I was playing non-stop. At some point I even thought about using a Master Ball, which I never do with box legendaries. I finally caught it with a Dusk Ball, Adamant Nature.

NimhShambler
13th June 2010, 4:00 AM
Giratina-Master Ball in first turn (Though I wish I would've waited for Cresselia...)
Diagla-First Turn, Quick Ball
Palkia-First Turn, Quick Ball

That's when I was sold on quick balls, they are awesome. Now, I always have atleast fourty of them on me.

~Nemmeh ;107;

PainLesS
13th June 2010, 11:45 AM
Dialga: Very easy to capture! I used ultra balls!
Giratina: Very easy to capture! I used dusk balls!

munchlaxboy
13th June 2010, 11:52 AM
I thought catching Diagla and Giratina was NOTHING on Diamond compared to catching Mewtwo on Heartgold.

foxyman1167
13th June 2010, 4:57 PM
They were all easy to capture, took about 10 Ultra Balls between the 3.

Hydrohs
13th June 2010, 6:54 PM
I caught Palkia at half health with a single Ultra Ball... Dialga was similarly easy to capture. However capturing Giratina in both Pearl and Platinum was a challenge.

PokeTrainerEX
13th June 2010, 7:12 PM
I usually paralyze them and try to get them down to low yellow or red HP. It only took like 5 Ultra balls so it was fairly easy to get all 3 of them.

deoxysdude94
13th June 2010, 8:05 PM
It was so funny, I caught both palkia and dialga in platinum in green health with one ultra ball. They were asleep. For giratina, I used the master ball.

allaboutthecute
13th June 2010, 9:28 PM
Dialga (Diamond)-i threw a masterball on the first turn. Which was probably a very bad descision.
Giratina (Platinum)-this time i had an epic battle. Instead of throwing a masterball on the first turn, i did when all my Pokemon were fainted except a level 2 Riolu that had survived its last attack using endure.

British Sandshrew
14th June 2010, 4:21 AM
;483; - Second turn, First ultra ball
;484; - Traded
;487-o; - Currently soft resetting for a shiny

Mr. Joker
14th June 2010, 5:24 AM
Dialga [Diamond] - Meh, it was sleeping and I was low on pokemon, ended up being caught in a Ultraball.
Palkia [Pearl] - I had it put to sleep fast, got it down to the red, threw all my Ultraballs and threw a Pokeball before throwing my Masterball, it worked.
Giratina [Platinum] - Got it low on HP, used a LuxuryBall and bingo.

Larry
19th July 2010, 5:42 PM
Dialga- I don't remember what ball I caught it in but it was easy.
Palkia- So easy I caught it in a Poke Ball!
Giratina- Hard in D/P. Just ordered Platinum but I'm not sure if the catch rate is different.

SkyDeity
19th July 2010, 6:13 PM
I only remember how I caught the trio on Platinum. Diamond was ages ago for me. I threw a Master Ball at Giratina out of laziness, but Dialga and Palkia were cake to capture. I caught them using a Dusk Ball at night.

Nightlingbolt
21st July 2010, 1:54 AM
Dialga and Palkia: One Ultra Ball each. Giratina: Couldn't catch it in the Distortion World, so I had to wait for Turnback Cave. MUCH easier there!

ryodragonite
21st July 2010, 2:02 AM
Dialga: Ultra ball Palkia: A net ball which was only the 2nd one I threw and Girantina: After 50 tries finally caught it in a ultra ball. I'd say Girantina was the hardest to catch.

Klinny
21st July 2010, 2:16 AM
I played through on Platinum, and I remember having difficulty with Giratina. And by that, I mean I had to reset the game about 10 times because I kept dying or killing the silly thing.

Dialga and Palkia were.. less challenging, to put it mildly. I think it only took two tries with Dialga, and I caught it with an Ultra Ball. Palkia took about 4 attempts I believe with an Ultra Ball as well. This was also with me putting very little effort into lowing the HP properly or adding status effects.

Turpise
21st July 2010, 3:07 AM
Dialga: So easy caught it with my first pokeball =)

chihuahuaowner
8th August 2010, 2:52 AM
Dialga- easy parlyzed and caught in my first ultra ball. I'd have to say the lake trio was harder.

x5IFerrariI5x
8th August 2010, 3:00 AM
i found catching Dialga in my Diamond very easily. I used false swipe and put it to sleep, and caught it 3 ultra balls later.

ilovetorterra
8th August 2010, 5:03 PM
When catching Dialga on Diamond I caught on my first Poke Ball at full health and yes, I used a regualar Poke Ball. For Giratina on Platinum I caught him on my 11th Poke Ball in the red and frozen.

foxyman1167
13th August 2010, 7:13 PM
I caught Palkia on my Pearl in an Ultra Ball, first try, when it was at 1HP and Asleep.

SuperVenustoise
27th August 2010, 11:11 PM
Dialga and Palkia were easy. Heck, I even caught Dialga with a Great Ball.

Giratina, on the other hand, was a f***ing pain to capture.

Metagross Guy
1st September 2010, 3:20 PM
Palkia and Diagla were kinda of easy to catch although it took about 30 minutes for each of them because i only had great balls on me :L
Giratina..i was trying to get a shiny one so it took a couple of months to get :p

TurtwigFan1
1st October 2010, 5:23 PM
First time around, I had no idea the Master Ball was so rare so I used it on Dialga, therefore easiness.

Palkia wasn't too hard.

Giratina in the Distortion World was actually really hard for me for some reason. It took me God knows how many times, but eventually I did.

The Tail
3rd October 2010, 6:55 PM
^ I did the same thing with Diagla on Diamond the first time.

Palkia was easy to catch with a few Netballs(platinum). Dialga took a few Ultraballs(platinum). Giratina(Diamond) was a giant pain to catch. Giratina in the distortion world, I caught within 12 Ultraballs(but he almost murdered my team).

mewfan1
8th October 2010, 6:45 PM
It wasn't really that hard. The only difficult pokemon for me was Mespirit, him and his fleeing ways...

FrodoBagz
20th November 2010, 2:16 AM
Giratina took me about 10 dusk balls while asleep with low health.
Then Dialga i got first try with dusk ball,
and palkia i got first try with a poke ball!

SteveShmo
20th November 2010, 2:28 AM
I caught Palkia easily in Pearl with an ultra ball.
Giratina in Platinum, on the other hand, was only hard because I wanted an Adamant one. I had to walk all the way out of the Distorted World and Mt. Coronet to get a Ralts from my PC, and back again. Then I had to catch it multiple times before I got decent IVs.

Painkiller2001
2nd December 2010, 10:54 PM
This is in Platinum:

Dialga - Haven't encountered it yet
Palkia - Haven't encountered it yet
Giratina - Used a Master Ball (I was planning to catch it with my Master Ball right from the start)

MugoUrth
2nd December 2010, 11:53 PM
Might as well quote this, since this is pretty much what I was going to say anyway.

This is in Platinum:

Dialga - Haven't encountered it yet
Palkia - Haven't encountered it yet
Giratina - Used a Master Ball (I was planning to catch it with my Master Ball right from the start)

Sapphire Kirby
3rd December 2010, 12:45 AM
Pearl Version: Palkia was easy to catch, due to that 30 catch rate it has. It just took one try and two poke balls after I lowered its health to red (which wasn't too hard to do). It broke out of the dusk ball instantly, for it was only around 5:00 PM, and was then caught with a net ball.

Platinum Version: Giratina was HARD. Not only does it have a catch rate of 3, but I only had about 15 ultra balls and less than 5 dusk balls. Took multiple restarts to catch that thing. Weirdly, my Platinum Giratina has the same nature as my Pearl Palkia: Naive.

Turtwig209
3rd December 2010, 5:50 AM
On pearl palkia was so easy, I caught it at about a third of its health left using a graet ball. Giratina was a pain though

Purple_BlitzXD
9th December 2010, 1:35 AM
I didn't really find it hard to catch dialga/palkia/giratina, used my master ball in all three games lol....perhaps I shouldn't have.... :C

Xyllerion
10th December 2010, 4:11 AM
Dialga - Lowered HP first, then on the 3rd turn I used the Luxury Ball. Yep, caught it with the Luxury ball
Palkia - Lowered HP first then, on the 3rd turn used Quick Ball. Palkia was caught(music plays)
Giratina - Caught it on the very first turn. Rash Nature with 31 IV's on Sp.Atk. Used Masterball.

Serebii!
10th December 2010, 4:59 AM
Palkia - Yes easy with a masterball

Pokémon Trainer Xande
10th March 2011, 1:25 AM
Dialga and Palkia were easy. Heck, I even caught Dialga with a Great Ball.

Giratina, on the other hand, was a f***ing pain to capture.

I catched them three with pokéballs in platinum.Giratina was way easier.Needed three pokéballs in the 2nd try(killed him in the first).

Winter02
19th March 2011, 6:34 PM
For me, Dialga and Palkia were very easy in both D/P and Platinum. Giratina was not, as it has a lower capture rate and it is immune to False Swipe (I was too lazy to bring something with Foresight or a similar move).

Pokémon Trainer Xande
22nd March 2011, 12:46 AM
I used my Garchomp, I think. He was at a lv over 50 and killed him with Dragon Claw

Aquarelle
23rd March 2011, 2:02 AM
I always caught the legendary on the box with a Masterball, so those were always easy.
I found Palkia and Dialga to be surprisingly easy to catch on Platinum. It only took a couple of balls for each, IIRC.

Invader Zim
26th March 2011, 1:51 AM
Easy, i caught them all with Quick ball's.

Darth Sabreus
26th March 2011, 2:20 AM
Easy, i caught them all with Quick ball's.

Laugh. I did this to Uxie. Dialga was simple to catch on Diamond, a few Timer Balls and that was it. On another note, Quiet synch worked!

DasBoot
26th March 2011, 2:24 AM
Palkia and Dialga were easy because of there catch rate being of a Chatot. And I got them within one try with Ultra Balls.
Giratina was harder, it took me 4 resets to get it with a Dusk Ball and 1-12 HP left with Paralysis.

DarkXWolf12
26th March 2011, 6:39 PM
Dialga was pretty easy but catching Giratina was a bit of a challenge for me. I almost ran out of Pokeballs and luckily I didn't use my Master ball.

LanceTheDragonMaster
30th March 2011, 12:25 AM
All three were caught in pokeballs XD

Hikari Paradise
10th April 2011, 11:14 PM
Too easy, especially giratina who I caught with my 2nd dusk ball.

Painkiller2001
11th April 2011, 9:16 PM
I don't remember at the moment, but I think I caught both Dialga/Plakia in ultra balls.

battle171
11th April 2011, 10:01 PM
The Ghost typing Giratina has nearly made me rip my hair out after softsetting for natures and stats... Dialga and Palkia was easy, just because of the lack of a ghost typing... Also they have a catch rate of 45, while Giratina has a catch rate of 3... Yeah...

webmaster.97
8th May 2011, 10:18 AM
i used my master ball on giratina but it took me like 3 ultra balls for palkia and dialga in my platinum

Toxicated92
15th June 2011, 10:04 AM
Quickball = 1 turn catch on Dialga!
He was ridiculously easy!
But then on the other hand, for Giratina it managed to feint 2 of my pokemon, but about 16/17 turns went by used a timer ball....no problem :P

Hilijix
15th June 2011, 7:52 PM
Dialga and Palkia were nothing compared to Giratina!

...I still caught all three in Pokeballs, though.

Moneyy
16th June 2011, 9:55 PM
Palkia and Dialga are supposed to be easy to capture, too bad I used a master ball on Palkia on my first play through. Giratina was hard to catch even after I put it to sleep.

Mevejuma
16th June 2011, 10:04 PM
I found Giratina quite hard in Platinum, though I remember catching Dialga on Diamond in a Poke Ball. I think Dialga and Palkia may have been just as easy when visiting Spear Pillar on Platinum.

manaphy72
16th June 2011, 10:06 PM
it was sooooooooooo easy to catch dialga. i through 1 ultra ball and caught it. it was super easy. but giratina was the hard one to catch sooooo difficult to catch. i dont know why and he kept taking out all of my pokemon

yanmega12
16th June 2011, 10:58 PM
lol i used the masterball for dialga (stupid mistake) and then caught giratina with alot of dusk balls

Typhlosionvsworld
16th June 2011, 11:00 PM
Very Easy Legends to catch

The Eleventh
26th June 2011, 10:16 PM
Obviously, Dialga and Palkia were very easy to catch, due to their high-ish catch rate. Giratina, however was very, very annoying for me in Platinum. It took me about an hour to catch it, and I was even more frustrated when my brother caught it in ten minutes.

Shadow XD001
11th July 2011, 3:00 PM
On Diamond, I thought Dialga would be super hard to catch (typical ten year old), so I just threw a Master Ball. In Platinum, Dialga and Palkia were super easy although Giratina was pretty hard.

SapphireMemories
12th July 2011, 6:06 PM
First time around I was building myself up for a long battle involving me using all 120 or so Pokéballs I had. What happens? First Pokéball 'Dialga is Caught'. I was in total shock.

In turnback cave however Giratina was evil, it managed to struggle itself to death over ten times before I eventually caught it.

survyguy79
14th August 2011, 8:03 PM
It was really easy. Just one Ultra Ball did the trick thnx to my Infernape.

Red Charizard
14th August 2011, 8:10 PM
I used my Master Ball on both Dialga and Giratina in Diamond and Platinum, so I don't know, sadly. ;__;

ladendar
14th August 2011, 8:11 PM
Well, aren't you given a master ball by the boss of those galactic grunts? You just do it that way. Or try to get Palkias HP to 5 or something, then keep putting it to sleep and hurling those quick balls at it. Should take about six or so tries if you have a team that Palkia isnt effective against and whatnot.

JetshipperKekkaishi
14th August 2011, 10:53 PM
I find Giratina hard to catch since It took me all of my Poke balls and I had to use my Master Ball.Dialga/Palkia were easy to me with one ultra ball each.

ladendar
15th August 2011, 12:29 AM
I find Giratina hard to catch since It took me all of my Poke balls and I had to use my Master Ball.Dialga/Palkia were easy to me with one ultra ball each.

Really now!? To me Giratina was easiest because its dusk balls that are required =/

KiraRebornXD
15th August 2011, 5:41 PM
i thought it easy for dialga and palkia but giratina was kinda hard

BIGJRA
15th August 2011, 5:43 PM
D/P: easy
G: Not so easy...

MewTwoEx
15th August 2011, 5:47 PM
In platinum, both Palkia and Dialga were 2-3 Dusk Balls. Giratina I caught with my master Ball cause he was the only legendary I felt like using it on.

abrar14
15th August 2011, 7:12 PM
meh they were all really easy

Meowth City
15th August 2011, 7:41 PM
In Diamond, I caught Dialga in the second Dusk Ball. I kinda wish I tried a Pokeball cus I don't like the animation for Dusk Balls. This was before I knew it had a very high catch rate.

Meowth City
15th August 2011, 7:47 PM
In Diamond, I caught Dialga in the second Dusk Ball. I kinda wish I tried a Pokeball cus I don't like the animation for Dusk Balls. This was before I knew it had a very high catch rate.

Sietse23
16th August 2011, 2:30 PM
U just need to bring someone with flase swipe and someone with T-wave and then its not that hard.. :S

Adrexus
19th August 2011, 8:44 PM
Dialga was very easy in Diamond. I think it only took a few ultra balls. Giratina in Platinum was another story. That thing took up a good chunk of my day trying to catch. Not having any status moves makes it much more of a pain.

ladendar
19th August 2011, 9:59 PM
Just bring a bunch of ubered pokemons, and smack the thing with a semi-powerful move, then put it to sleep. Works like a charm!

Synthesia
23rd August 2011, 12:17 PM
Giratina took me a few tries, since he/she/it kept on fainting. Dialga was surprisingly easy. I threw 3 Ultra Balls, and Dialga was caught. Palkia was just a bit harder than Dialga. I used 5 Ultra Balls, and 1 Net Ball, I think.

Gafoozle
23rd August 2011, 12:26 PM
Well, naturally, Palkia and Dialga are amazingly easy to catch, due to their capture rates of 30, but Giratina was difficult with a CR of 3.

jjhmmc
15th September 2011, 4:01 PM
i found it quite easy for diagla giritina even uxie azelf and mespirit only real problem i had was w/ heatran

i just used like 30 ultras

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
15th September 2011, 4:20 PM
Palkia,and giratina were easy Dialga keep on rejecting being captured by it took awhile before the timer balls worked.

Zoruagible
29th October 2011, 8:34 PM
Dialgia and Palkia were easy, I caught both with under 10 Ultra balls.

Sietse23
29th October 2011, 9:14 PM
palkia 1× with 3rd poke ball,1× 47 ultra ball:(
dialga 1× with 23 great ball, 1× 11 ultra ball
giratina: 1 1st master ball :) lolzno 4th dusk ball

floatzel98
30th October 2011, 12:06 AM
they were all easy for me

Mr Spaz
11th November 2011, 7:10 PM
Dialga: Quick Ball
Palkia: Quick Ball
Giratina: Still Quick Ball

Shadow of the Houndour
14th November 2011, 8:26 PM
Well Diamond was my first pokemon game although I'd played a few times on gameboy I had no experience on catching legends.
That was a few years ago and I am much better at it now.
But on Diamond I accidently KO'd Dialga with my Torterra and when it reappeared after the league I was so happy I had another chance I just threw a master ball.
On pearl I diddn't want to make the same mistake so I threw a master ball.
By the time I got to Giratina I had much more knowledge of pokemon and saved before it and it took me ages cause it kept running out of pp before I could catch it. It probably took a month or more.

~Sam~
26th November 2011, 1:35 AM
all of them were easy for me

crystalzapdos
26th November 2011, 2:59 AM
Dialga: Quick Ball
Palkia: Quick Ball
Giratina: Still Quick Ball

This. I had more trouble catching a Starly.

sizida
26th November 2011, 5:56 AM
i got giratina in a great ball.

i was like WEEEHOOO.

the hardest one is heatran to me. i have to spam 17 balls. (4 great, 4 timers, 4 ultras, 5 duskballs).

dialga is the easiest of the lot.

Jriks
27th November 2011, 12:03 PM
i hate catching legendaries, ill often trade or ignore them if its not in the way of the game play. i had no choice in platinum, so i just killed the giratina and got one off gts, haha!

thats how lazy i am

Necro101
27th November 2011, 12:31 PM
I will just get it to red or yellow lif and spam pokeball.
I don't really find it that hard to catch them cause you just spam pokeball.

Meowth City
27th November 2011, 4:43 PM
Dialga was easily caught after about 2-3 Dusk Balls, Palkia took about the same, but Giratina was annoyingly hard to catch. I had to reset about 8 times because it kept killing itself with Struggle, so I just toss the Master Ball.

Crasher Wake
14th December 2011, 1:36 PM
I caught Giratina in platinum by having my Bibrail (which was untouched by Giratina's ghost moves) use roll-out followed by a Ultra ball.

silverwolf922
14th December 2011, 3:12 PM
I used 40 Ultra Balls to catch Giratina. I haven't tried to catch Dialgia or Palkia.

VainAttempts
31st December 2011, 4:42 AM
In Pearl I find it way too easy to catch Palkia. Paralyze, weaken it a bit, and throw one Poke Ball.

I've had Platinum for a long time and I've never gotten to Giratina in that time I had it. It will be hard though.

Aura Sensei™
31st December 2011, 11:24 PM
Sadly I tried about 20 poke balls on Giratina,then got mad so used my Master Ball.:(

overlordmewtwo
31st December 2011, 11:39 PM
I have both Pearl and Platinum, and each one had a varying catch rate each time I played each game.

Palkia (Pearl, 1st time): Easy. Caught Palkia w/in a few Ultra balls.
Giratina (Pearl, 1st time): Took a few tries, unintentionally captured it in a Poke ball.

Palkia (Pearl, 2nd time): By this point I understood natures a little more, so I just used my Master ball.
Giratina (Pearl, 2nd time): Traded with a friend for another Master ball and used that.

Giratina (Platinum, 1st time): Giratina-O just would not stay in any sort of ball! Used master ball
Dialga and Palkia (Platinum, 1st time): Both were easy. Caught Dialga in a Dusk ball and Palkia in an Ultra ball.

Giratina (Platinum, 2nd time): KO'ed Giratina-O and caught it in the Turnback cave. (can't remember which ball I caught it in)

Dialga and Palkia (Platinum, 2nd time): I think I had two Master Balls (one from in-game, one imported from Sapphire) and just used it on them both.

Loco4Treecko
1st January 2012, 12:20 AM
My only memory in Platinum about this is that Palkia was easy. A few Thunderbolts from my Raichu+Static ability+one quick ball=caught legendary.

EchoEcho
1st January 2012, 2:37 AM
hard as crap. always ended up critting it. -_____-

Entreri10
27th January 2012, 4:54 PM
Palkia was about the same amount of difficulty as any of the other legendaries. Didn't use quick balls though.

ebevan91
27th January 2012, 5:29 PM
All 3 were easy for me.

It's those stupid roamers that are hard.

Claus351
17th February 2012, 12:05 AM
trying to catch girantina right now..oh screw it, masterball. *restarts cus last poke died*

G50
17th February 2012, 12:09 AM
For me, Palkia and Dialga were easy because of the Master Ball, but Giratina took me several resets and 100's of Ultraballs to capture.

bushie
17th February 2012, 12:18 AM
giratina was a little difficult but palkia/dialga was easy i went after them at night threw bunch of dusk/ultra balls i captured dialga with duskball and palkia with ultra ball

blackmeadow
17th February 2012, 1:55 AM
Dialga and Giratina were pretty easy and relatively quick to capture, but they almost wiped out my team a couple times since I was a little low leveled and didn't heal beforehand.

Primal Crusader V
17th February 2012, 2:12 AM
I found them easy to capture.

pokemon diamond !
18th February 2012, 12:25 PM
I found dialga and palkia easy to catch but giratina not so easy I sat there for about 15 minutes trying to catch it with bassically every kind of ball there is then I eventually let my friend try and right away he threw a TIME BALL and caught it it was insane.

Absol trainer
10th March 2012, 4:28 PM
Dialga and Palkia were for me the easiest to catch legendarys in any pokemon game, because of their high catch rates in comparison to other legendarys. Giratina was a bit more difficult, but if you have a normal type to nullify it's Shadow Force with he's not that difficult in my opinion.

Lorde
12th March 2012, 7:59 PM
Capturing Dialga and Palkia was easy; I captured both with just one Ultra Ball in Diamond and Pearl. It took me forever to capture Giratina, though. I used tons of Ultra Balls in Diamond and Pearl, and a Master Ball in Platinum because I was getting frustrated.

GalladeX
12th March 2012, 8:54 PM
I remember Palkia being easy, since I used my Master Ball.
Giratina took two tries, because I knocked it out the first time. But other than that, he wasn't that difficult at all.

nathandg0924
24th March 2012, 4:11 PM
Palkia and Dialga were quite easy to catch but Giratina was a different story, I have to use like 15-30 Ultra balls on that guy.

Sietse23
24th March 2012, 5:11 PM
Palkia took 8 resets, 52 balls.
Dialga took 2 resets, 68 balls
Giratina took 9 resets, 24 balls

Life is hard...

2rsa
29th March 2012, 10:46 AM
Giratina took me 3 resets and around 20 pokeballs to catch.

Torpoleon
8th April 2012, 2:48 AM
Easy as pie for me to beat Dialga & Palkia in PokéBalls (of course after weakening them). Giratina is much more harder to catch though.

Shadow Lucario
8th April 2012, 4:05 PM
All three were too easy. Took them down to 1 HP and one Ultra Ball later they were captured.

3D992
22nd April 2012, 10:12 PM
Hard. I sat for a while throwing luxury balls at giratina until I was on my last luxury ball (I was just gonna use my master ball next) then it uses a self-damaging move (or it pulled a mankey *winkwink*) because next thing I know Cynthia said I killed it...

Aura Of Twilight
22nd April 2012, 10:16 PM
Like a lot of legendaries, I found them difficult to capture, and it was only worse when I went shiny hunting on my Platinum. I caught Giratina as it was, but got Dialga as a Shiny, which was a plus. However, when I finally got to facing shiny Palkia, my Luxray killed it with a critical hit. All that work wasted.

TheEliteEmpoleon
15th May 2012, 9:52 PM
Dialga and Palkia were easy, but Giratina was such a pain. And I catch eveything with normal Pokeballs.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome
2nd June 2012, 11:00 PM
Once I was foolish enough to go with a Master Ball to catch Giritina... Oh boy is that a regret.

Earthbounded
4th June 2012, 2:32 PM
You do know that dialga and palkia have the same catch rate of a Chatot, right?

Psyanic
4th June 2012, 4:49 PM
I caught Giratina with a Dusk Ball on the first try, so I never found it that hard. The only problem was Giratina kept killing my Pokemon >..< Dialga/Palkia weren't that bad either, except I wasted my Ultra Balls and ended up catching them in Poke Balls, which is beyond me.

Silverlight
4th June 2012, 7:38 PM
Dialga and Palkia were easy, but Giratina was such a pain. And I catch eveything with normal Pokeballs.

Dang that's some real dedication right there. I also found Giratina also hard to catch.

Ver-mont
5th June 2012, 11:20 AM
Dialga was kinda easy. Giratina gave me much more work, and I threw all my Ultra Balls just to end up catching it with a standard Poké Ball after all.

ShinyMienshao
5th June 2012, 6:13 PM
Dialga and Palkia were a breeze to catch. But not trying to catch Giratina in a masterball, well I almost threw my DS across the room.

flyer1228
16th June 2012, 6:23 AM
Palkia. My Pokemon were lower leveled than the Palkia and I thought it would be SOOOO difficult to catch, so I used the masterball I got.

Cear13
17th June 2012, 6:26 AM
Palkia is Easy . Giratina is the most stubborn pokemon i tried to catch . . .

★ Lucario ★
17th June 2012, 12:42 PM
How i catched Dialga:

First turn: Quick Ball: Fail
Second turn: Accidentally used Quick ball: Succes
Dafuq

How i catched Giratina:

Put it's HP in red, 6 Dusk balls and it was captured.

dirkac
22nd July 2012, 6:29 PM
I didn't manage to capture Dialga since I ran out of pokeballs except for one pokeball and the masterball, because it's HP was red but still pretty full, I decided to use Water Gun on it... Critical Hit! Empoleon gained something exp points!
I also forgot completely to save, the last time me saving being in front of Candice.
Giratina though, was a complete joke.

Torpoleon
7th August 2012, 12:51 AM
Dialga & Palkia were laughably easy for me to catch. In Platinum, I got Dialga in a Poké Ball on my first try, but killed Palkia, so I had to restart both. It took about 3 Ultra Balls to get Dialga again and probably similar results for Palkia. Giratina is another story.

EnragedSwalot
11th August 2012, 11:29 PM
I always wait until night to fight legendaries so I can use a dusk ball. It looks cool AND has a good capture rate!
I had trouble with giratina. Dialga was pretty easy for me, though.

PopPrincess_Lyra
14th August 2012, 11:08 AM
Caught Dialga with a Greatball in my first try in my first game xD nya~

Jaguartail
16th August 2012, 4:19 PM
I always use the master ball on dialga, and I don't yet own pearl/platinum, so no experience with the other two.

Jaguartail
22nd August 2012, 3:55 AM
With Ultra balls it takes me forever, and with great balls is impossible. It's a pity there's only 1 easily accessible master ball per game.

arceus03
22nd August 2012, 4:17 AM
^Actually, it's better to use Dusk Balls if it's night, since it'll multiply the catch rate by 4 instead of just 2, which is the multiplier for Ultra Balls.

Net Balls also work on Palkia, multiplying the catch rate by 3.

On topic: Not so hard with Dialga and Palkia, considering that they have a catch rate of 30. I believe I got Palkia with two Net Balls or so.

Giratina is harder though. Standard legendary battle.

nathandg0924
22nd August 2012, 5:27 AM
Palkia / Dialga - They were really easy to catch. Considering that they have a higher catch rate, it took like a few Pokeballs just to capture them.

Giratina - Was a different story. He's much harder to catch and took like 20 or more balls to get this fiend.

Swagsire
22nd August 2012, 5:47 AM
Plat catches went riek this.
Giratina: 5 ultra balls
Palkia: 1 quick balls
Dialga: 2 great balls
Super sweet deals Qwaa! ;195;

ebevan91
23rd August 2012, 11:50 PM
I captured Dialga or Palkia with a single Ultra Ball, don't remember which one it was exactly.

Giratina took me almost 2 hours. I gave up after an hour and 45 minutes or so, turned the game back on 30 minutes later, and captured the ****er with the first ball I threw. All that wasted time only to capture it so easily later.

Seles
1st September 2012, 4:51 PM
Palkia- Three Ultra Balls
Giratina- Fifty Dusk Balls D;

ebevan91
1st September 2012, 4:59 PM
It took no more than 5 Ultra Balls to capture all 3 of them combined.

I froze all of them with Ice punch and captured them with 1-2 Pokeballs each.

soundxfury
6th September 2012, 4:44 AM
Easy. I caught them all in normal Pokeballs. Giratina took about 15 balls, but Dialga and Palkia each took just 2.

Klizcool
13th September 2012, 5:12 PM
The title legendary gets my Master Ball of awesomeness. The rest just get pelted with Ultra and Timer Balls. It's a legitimate strategy that ends with victory but is lined with expletives and constant restarts.

PokemonJesus123
15th October 2013, 7:00 AM
Giratina irritated the hell out of me! Finally caught him in a Dusk Ball after 16 hours of torture lol

Nutter t.KK
16th October 2013, 4:56 PM
Thread Bumped. Remake it if you still want it.