PDA

View Full Version : Gts

tom-tom
6th June 2009, 6:23 AM
Who loves the GTS?
i personally am a fan but i would like to know what others say about it.

Captain Noob
6th June 2009, 12:11 PM
The GTS is a bit like Marmite. You either love it, or hate it. Personally, I think it's one of the best concepts to hit the Pokémon series. It makes it so easy to get a Pokémon you've always wanted for your Dex. But, just like any other online service, it's crammed full of complete nutters who ruin it for everyone. It's a good idea on paper, but it failed in practice, because of the mass number of legends on offer and stupid requests. On the plus side, any half-decent trades get snapped up within seconds, because they kinda stand out. I just hope, if Game Freak use it in future, they can find a good way to filter out ridiculous trades.

Escape Reality
7th June 2009, 4:23 PM
i like it, because it's a pretty quick way to get foreign pokemon. i just wish you could see the pokemons' stats... though i guess if people could, it'd be harder for some people to trade their pokemon away...?

Blazios
7th June 2009, 4:33 PM
I only use it if I can't be bothered releasing Pokémon. I bred 30 Sneasel to get one of the items for the Villa (I stopped because I was bored) and I've traded about 10 of them on the GTS for some semi rare Pokémon.

COKTAL
9th June 2009, 6:03 PM
I'm not a really big fan of it. Then again, my Wi-Fi is wierd and only lets me into the GTS server in like 1/10 tries. But I do go in there sometimes just to see what's being offered.

Beotium
9th June 2009, 6:14 PM
The GTS is a bit like Marmite. You either love it, or hate it. Personally, I think it's one of the best concepts to hit the Pokémon series. It makes it so easy to get a Pokémon you've always wanted for your Dex. But, just like any other online service, it's crammed full of complete nutters who ruin it for everyone. It's a good idea on paper, but it failed in practice, because of the mass number of legends on offer and stupid requests. On the plus side, any half-decent trades get snapped up within seconds, because they kinda stand out. I just hope, if Game Freak use it in future, they can find a good way to filter out ridiculous trades.

I saw many of those stupid trades, causing me to breed cyndaquils and give them away for Bidoofs(currently stopped because of outside-event)to make cyndaquils available for every one.
I now have almost two boxes of Bidoos, from all around the world + one hacked in a Cherishball...