PDA

View Full Version : What Game Do You Like More? Diamond or Pearl?

Squirtle102
12th June 2009, 1:31 AM
Vote and explain.

Rules: -no spamming

-no double posting

-no smilies (except Pokemon ones)

BlueMew7
12th June 2009, 1:37 AM
I voted for Diamond...

I don't know I guess I just like Dialga more than Palkia.

I cant think of a name
12th June 2009, 1:42 AM
I voted Diamond, just because I never played Pearl.

Why no smilies except for pokemon ones?

Squirtle102
12th June 2009, 3:20 AM
Well since it is a discussion about Pokemon it has to be related to the topic.

Why I voted Diamond is also because I never played Pearl.

Dragonphantom
12th June 2009, 3:31 AM
I voted for Pearl becuase of Glameow.

Real Time
12th June 2009, 3:51 AM
I like pearl because its pink, and pink is more unique than blue.(NO IM NOT "FRUITY" SO DONT ASK)

sphealmaster9000
12th June 2009, 4:00 AM
....Spheal is better then anything diamond has or ever will. the version that has spheal as an exclusive (If it is one) will always be better, no matter what anyone says.

Snorlax198
12th June 2009, 4:42 AM
Pear just like Palkia rend

tom-tom
12th June 2009, 4:48 AM
i have pearl so i voted pearl

yeminied
12th June 2009, 11:51 AM
Diamond.

Stunky and Dialga,

'Nuff said.

Lucazard
12th June 2009, 11:59 AM
I like Diamond more because I have also played through Pearl and it makes Turtwif look bag, seriously the pokemon in gyms of pearl are rubbish.

Nana
12th June 2009, 12:01 PM
I like pearl because its pink, and pink is more unique than blue.(NO IM NOT "FRUITY" SO DONT ASK)
The fact that Pearl is pink is the reason I chose it over Diamond.

That being said, I like the exclusive Pokemon in Diamond a lot better.

Regardless, I voted for Pearl.

EspeonMaster
12th June 2009, 2:51 PM
Pearl cause I like Palkia!

Red14
12th June 2009, 2:56 PM
Pearl is an awesome game. Diamond i dont like because of the stupid storyline.

Chaos Shadow
12th June 2009, 3:02 PM
Pearl is an awesome game. Diamond i dont like because of the stupid storyline.

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, given that Diamond and Pearl's only storyline difference is that one has Palka and the other has Dialga.

That said, I prefer Diamond, primarily because I prefer Dialga's design to Palkia's (although staring at either of them for too long and they both begin to look unappealing). It was fortune that my friend happened to pick up Pearl, so the Pokemon distribution wasn't much of an issue.

Omastar ftw!
12th June 2009, 3:12 PM
Diamond! for dialga!

Emerald 2006
12th June 2009, 3:25 PM
I second that motion for Omastar ftw!

DIAMOND! FOR DIALGA! ;483;

Kai678
13th June 2009, 4:08 AM
Diamond cause Dialga is more worth it.

Ariados21
13th June 2009, 4:14 AM
Diamond because its the better version

The Dean of Suds
13th June 2009, 10:40 PM
Diamond, since it's the only one I have.

ground tamer
13th June 2009, 10:42 PM
I like Diamond better, however, I rarely will ever finish a complete game on it without starting over...

Ultimate #1 Flareon Fan
14th June 2009, 9:34 PM
I like Pearl. I like Palkia and I used to play it non-stop.

KentuckyFriedTorchic
15th June 2009, 12:42 PM
I like pearl most, cause only real men buy pink.

The real reason is because I always choose the underdog versions of pkmn, and most people are afraid of buying pink and pearly stuff, so i chose pearl.

Umbreon-dana
16th June 2009, 2:52 AM
In reality I'm indifferent, but since I've only played Diamond, I have a preference towards it.

Pokefan0234
18th June 2009, 7:27 AM
Diamond, because it's main color is blue. And it has Dialga.

Sadly, Pearl is pink, my least favorite color.

Beotium
21st June 2009, 8:00 AM
I have Diamond because I'm a little rock-obsessed. I even bought when I haven't got a ds just because it was named after some rock..after a month or so I decided to buy a DS...

Emo_Kirlia
21st June 2009, 8:10 AM
I like both equally but I played eenie meenie mieny moe and it landed on Pearl so that's what I picked! :D

tom-tom
21st June 2009, 8:51 AM
i voted pearl because i dont have diamnd i only have pearl and platinum

Real Time
29th June 2009, 1:27 AM
I like pearl most, cause only real men buy pink.

The real reason is because I always choose the underdog versions of pkmn, and most people are afraid of buying pink and pearly stuff, so i chose pearl.

So true, thats the same reason i bought pearl

.Bright Side.
29th June 2009, 8:18 AM
I'm not a real man and did not purchase pink.
I bought Diamond.

Dragonfirenightmare
29th June 2009, 4:29 PM
Now it comes down to rather I'd Want Dialga Or Palkia...I Choose Diamond though...Cause I Just LOVE Dialga...;483;

Ghost_MissingNo
29th June 2009, 4:39 PM
Pearl, because it is my main game, I have 410 out of all the 493 on the pokedex so far, it is the only game in which I have encountered pokerus myself so far, Palkia pwns and err... Because I have the most pokemon on it. :P But really, ever since learning more people were gonna buy Diamond than Pearl before the games came out, I decided to make Pearl my main game since I normally choose the opposite game to which people like the most. Mainly because I dare to be different and also because I can get many of the pokemon on that version that some people might not have because they brought the oppostie version. Unless of course they brought both versions...

Blivsey
29th June 2009, 5:00 PM
Well, I'm pretty much obligated to defend Diamond....

But Dialga is better-designed than Palkia IMO (though I don't really like either), and Diamond gets the Scyther, Murkrow, Larvitar and Aron lines, which outdo the Pearl-exclusives for me.

foxyman1167
29th June 2009, 5:08 PM
I didnt buy it. My bro bought both copies for himself and after an hour of yelling he finally gave me Pearl. I was fine with the color, and Palkia is better than Dialga.

ijea4444
29th June 2009, 5:11 PM
Pearl has a superior UBER, and I got pearl first so I am inclined.

Thunderstarry
29th June 2009, 6:00 PM
Pearl, because I own it. |D

joker0187
29th June 2009, 6:12 PM
diamond
because cover is blue and has a blue pokemon, dialga
to hell with that sissy pokemon palkia(and no, its not about the color)

the elite trainer
29th June 2009, 6:59 PM
Pearl, palkia > dialga.

Squirtle102
30th June 2009, 12:21 AM
I like both equally but I played eenie meenie mieny moe and it landed on Pearl so that's what I picked! :D

No smilies except Pokemon ones. Let this be a warning. To everyone read the rules so you don't get warning. I chose Diamond because I don't have Pearl.

Jonah Man
30th June 2009, 4:55 PM
Diamond. Skuntank and Honchkrow are wicked!

Squirtle102
30th June 2009, 5:49 PM
Ummmm.... Honchkrow is on Pearl and Mismagius is on Diamond.

shuckle_master
30th June 2009, 9:53 PM
I like diamond more because....
well mostly because Dialga is cooler than Palkia.

;483; = coller than ;484;

personthatiknow
30th June 2009, 10:10 PM
It kinda annoys me when people say "I like X better than Y because I own X", even though both are similar (except with pokemon exclusives, which I guess I don't really like), but meh, those are people's opinions, so I put up with it. Anyways, I've tried them both, and they are VERY similar, so I just chose Pearl because I randomly chose it.

milo05
30th June 2009, 10:11 PM
I like diamond more, for dialga.....

Witchan
30th June 2009, 10:11 PM
Diamond, because Dialga is better than Palkia, in my opinion.

AstralEon
30th June 2009, 10:28 PM
Diamond, because Dialga is in it and 'Diamonds' are very crystaly and shiny =)

Affirmative
2nd July 2009, 11:00 AM
Pearl because, unlike anyone else, I am quite fond of Palkia. Mostly because it stands on two legs and Spacial Rend > Roar of Time imo.

Plus its name reminds me of leukoplakia.

Volt of Noid
2nd July 2009, 6:29 PM
Dialga owns Palkia

Bonsly owns Mime jr

Stunky owns Glameow

Diamond gets my vote

Miss_Pocket_Monster
2nd July 2009, 7:26 PM
The Pokemon in the game are the only difference between the two. However, Pearl is my main game, and Palkia is my favourite of the three dragons, so I'm going with Pearl. ;484;

Nny
6th July 2009, 9:48 PM
Diamond because the mascot is cool and it had Mukrow/Honchkrow in it.

Silent Conversation
6th July 2009, 9:50 PM
I like Diamond more because, although I prefer Palkia to Dialga, I like all the other Diamond-exclusive Pokemon more than the Pearl-exclusive ones.

Squirtle102
6th July 2009, 10:28 PM
Ummmm.... Honchkrow is on Pearl and Mismagius is on Diamond. Like I said Honchkrow is in Pearl.

Nny
7th July 2009, 12:22 AM
Like I said Honchkrow is in Pearl.

I call ******** on you.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/198.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/430.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml

:/

nightwing75
7th July 2009, 5:47 PM
I voted for Diamond

I just really like Dialga

bleachaddict
7th July 2009, 6:03 PM
Diamond because Roar Of Time kicks ***!!

Squirtle102
7th July 2009, 10:34 PM
I call ******** on you.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/198.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/430.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml

:/ 1) no course language

2) then that information is wrong

Nny
9th July 2009, 1:59 AM
1) no course language

2) then that information is wrong
1) LOL

2) Two pages on Serebii.net are wrong?

3) Yeah, you know. That murkrow I caught and then evolved in pokemon Diamond was just a hack. I never actually found one in the forest and it just came out of thin air.

leilukin
9th July 2009, 10:23 AM
I vote for Diamond because I prefer Dialga.

AlCario
9th July 2009, 11:06 AM
Well, there's not a lot of difference between the two, but I put diamond because it's the one I have and I prefer Dialga to Palkia.

Calm PokeMaster
10th July 2009, 9:34 AM
Diamond has better Pokemon(Skuntank,Dialga etc).Thats why.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
14th July 2009, 4:18 PM
I prefer Diamond because Dialga rules. Steel-types have so many defenses against so many types and dragon-types only have two weaknesses, both of which are neutralized by the steel-type traits.

dawsoc
20th July 2009, 12:19 AM
diamond-why:i like the color blue
dialga can control time,while palkia can't
you can get dewgong in diamond

pokemonmasterhustler
22nd July 2009, 3:12 AM
DIamond it looks cool like it's legendary pokemon and it is interesting it's steel and dragon look at pearl pink and water and dragon been there with gayrados and kingdra.

~Spacial_Rendation~
22nd July 2009, 3:27 AM
DIamond it looks cool like it's legendary pokemon and it is interesting it's steel and dragon look at pearl pink and water and dragon been there with gayrados and kingdra.
Fail.

dialga can control time,while palkia can't
Palkia can Control space while Dialga can't

Anyway, Pearl. I knew people would bandwagon with Diamond because it's blue and no other determining factor ethier than the boxart color. Just because Pearl is Pink instantly means it sucks. Plus the main Poke is blue so it'll instantly be bandwagoned.

Besides you can't get Palkia in Daimond.

I like Diamond more because I have also played through Pearl and it makes Turtwif look bag, seriously the pokemon in gyms of pearl are rubbish.

This post is full of so much fail I can't comprehend.

Xhirachu
22nd July 2009, 12:42 PM
Aren't they pretty much the same? o_O I voted for Diamond because that's the one I have. That's the one I have because Palkia is more stupid looking the Dialga. I only got Diamond because I wanted to battle over Wi-Fi. XD

hitmonlee21
22nd July 2009, 11:35 PM
i voted pearl because i always chose the less popular like sapphire, leaf green, and pearl(i think they are less popular). also, i like palkia better than dialga

shaq-attack
22nd July 2009, 11:41 PM
Diamond, the main reason being because I preferred Dialga over Palkia...and because I like blue better than pink.
*Hides from ~Spacial Rendation~*

Escape Reality
22nd July 2009, 11:48 PM
Diamond, the main reason being because I preferred Dialga over Palkia...and because I like blue better than pink.
*Hides from ~Spacial Rendation~*

i agree with that. ;) but palkia is a slightly better battler than dialga, for me, because of less weaknesses and it's a bit faster, i think. other than that, i like the way dialga looks better. also, i like diamond better because it's my storage game with my valuable shinies, (valuable to me anyway ;)). though my third copy of platinum, (yes, i have three), is my second valuable one because it has a lot of good items and other shinies. :D
i have three platinums because the first one i have completed the villa, well, almost, i just need the chandelier, and other things. the second was for restarting and playing it over and over, but then i thought i lost it, and i had gotten a lot of store credit from selling my unwanted games, so i got another, then ended up finding the copy i thought i lost. XD

Hydrohs
23rd July 2009, 3:58 PM
I like Pearl more because everyone likes Diamond more. Just because of Dialga. Personally I'm a fan of Palkia.

HMTQ - Madge
24th July 2009, 11:12 AM
I voted Pearl because I am extremely biased and adore Palkia. ^_^;

...Plus, I've never played Diamond. Anyways, I find the whole Diamond VS Pearl debate thing a bit ridiculous to be honest, they're the same game with different legendary's and a few different Pokemon here and there. Not to mention those different Pokemon can be obtained through trade, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Too Funk to Druck
24th July 2009, 11:17 AM
...I don't find enough of a difference between them besides the main legendaries and a few Pokemon here and there. I chose Pearl because that's the one I have.

Aquarelle
24th July 2009, 11:55 AM
I like Pearl more since that is the game I got and began to work on first.

I only used my Diamond as a game I can restart many times in order to get multiple TMs, items, etc. to trade to Pearl (now Platinum) to make my Pokemon there better. ;)

Squirtle102
24th July 2009, 9:14 PM
I like Pearl more since that is the game I got and began to work on first.

I only used my Diamond as a game I can restart many times in order to get multiple TMs, items, etc. to trade to Pearl (now Platinum) to make my Pokemon there better. ;) No similes. I chose Diamond because Diagla learns better moves and Palkia doesn't. Palkia has better stats than Dialga. But I like blue more than pink so ya that's sort of why.

Icy Death
24th July 2009, 9:45 PM
I said Diamond cuz I have it.

*Jean Grey*
25th July 2009, 4:07 AM
Diamond! I find dialga cooler than that purple...thing...

I'm still confused about which is the blue version between the two and which is the red version?

RDSchley
26th July 2009, 9:47 AM
i picked diamond because purugly is crap.
:)
and i made a smiley because im a rebel without a cause...
watch me get mcban hammered for this...

Cyber Cyclone
26th July 2009, 10:04 AM
I wanted pearl as I like the Pokémon exclusive to it better but when your my age and need your mum to get teh games for you.... You get disappointed. I got Diamond but prefer Pearl so I voted Pearl (:

Zonn13
26th July 2009, 10:07 AM
I don't like to say the same things as the crowd, but I'm going to have to say Diamond, because of:
Murkrow, Larvitar, Scyther, lack of Glameow.

Shadow Gamer
26th July 2009, 1:15 PM
I voted for Pearl because that's the one I have. I also like Palkia better but I plan on getting Diamond and Platinum in the near future.

kimy1688
26th July 2009, 2:36 PM
Fail.

Palkia can Control space while Dialga can't

This post is full of so much fail I can't comprehend.
Don't judge other people, it is a friendly poll.
I like blue more than pink and ;483; more than ;484;, so I vote Diamond. I haven't played Pearl though.

Crazy Chaos
2nd August 2009, 11:03 PM
Pearl, the only real reason I decided to get Pearl is because of Palkia. Palkia is really cool!;484;

ShinyHunter35
3rd August 2009, 1:53 AM
platinum lol

m!ss p!nk
3rd August 2009, 1:56 AM
Pearl all the way ^^

And cuz palkia in it and coooool xD

Ixin
3rd August 2009, 2:11 AM
Diamond because it was my first pokemon game and i got it on my birthday and i loved it.
BTW I admit that I do prefer Palkia over dialgaa though.

Ampy
3rd August 2009, 3:02 AM
Platinum. But between those two... probably Diamond... (I own Pearl... and I don't bother using Palkia... I just catch it for the heck of it) Anyways blue and pink are my favorite colors so colors aren't a reason I would like the other one better...

And about Dialga... I find it better and cooler just because it's a unique type combination... and when I say unique I mean one of a kind and also because it's not a type combination you'd think of right away... like a water dragon.

About Palkia... I just don't really like it... yes I must admit that Spacial Rend, looks better then Roar of Time... but I don't base Pokemon on the looks of their moves :/. Personally I'd rather use Kingdra then Palkia...

Atomic
3rd August 2009, 3:47 AM
Diamond simply for Dialga.

Absol trainer
3rd August 2009, 11:01 AM
Diamond, only because I baught that one.

Mawile412
4th August 2009, 3:01 AM
diamond cuz i love blue

Sweeney Todd
4th August 2009, 3:45 AM
Pearl, because it's the version I purchased prior to Diamond.

Lempika
4th August 2009, 9:27 AM
I've chosen Pearl because of Palkia. A Pink water dragon that controls space sounds cool to me.

Elite Four Muadita
4th August 2009, 9:39 AM
PLATINUM FTFW!!! Over the other two, Diamond, I just love Dialga so much <3333

PsychicPsycho
5th August 2009, 7:10 AM
It's Diamond for me. When I saw Dialga I was like 'oh, that thing looks freaking awesome'. But Palkia didn't impress me. It was too pink looking for my taste (I'm more into darker stuff). Plus those sphere's on it's shoulder reminded me of those ridiculous poofy-arm things old kings used to wear.

Speaking of dark things, does anyone think a shiny version of Dialga werein it's dark blue becomes black and it's metal parts become orange-hot would be cool?

magrathean
6th August 2009, 7:07 PM
Pearl...

I always end up liking the first one I play the most.

Birnax
7th August 2009, 5:58 PM
Diamond.Because I like how cool Dialga Looks.

Pokemon-Dratini
7th August 2009, 6:04 PM
pearl its the one i've got ;147; ;148; ;149;

pokedexfiller
7th August 2009, 6:11 PM
really the only difference is the pokemon species within each one and whether or not you want cyrus to try to take dailga or palkia and i picked diamond because of dailga

Squirtle102
12th October 2009, 5:44 PM
Does anyone like those games for the different Pokemon you get in them?

Ellie
12th October 2009, 11:30 PM
Don't bump old topics.