PDA

View Full Version : Three new Dungeon games

Serebii
16th June 2009, 1:03 PM
A new scan just cropped up on a Japanese forum. This image shows some new games, which are said to be coming out on the WiiWare service on the Wii. These three games are part of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon franchise and, with thanks to Dogasu for translation, appear to be called; Pokémon Mystery Dungeon:Keep Going! Blazing Adventure Squad, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Let's Go! Stormy Adventure Squad! & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Go For It! Light Adventure Squad. Further details regarding these games is unclear at the moment but we'll bring it to you as soon as possible.

Miror B.
16th June 2009, 1:08 PM
Man, already? Nintendo of America is going too slow for Nintendo of Japan. PMD Explorers of the Sky hasn't even been revealed to America yet!

ForeverFlame
16th June 2009, 1:09 PM
Wow, so it seems like the Mystery Dungeon franchise is moving to the Wii, I guess. It's really weird that they've announced three new games at once, though. Normally it's two versions, but this time there's three versions just at the beginning.

It'll be neat to see the Wii controls, I suppose, but I do think that PMD is better on the DS because of the stylus.

(Stormy Adventure Squad for the win!)

lollipopgal8
16th June 2009, 1:21 PM
I would choose Blazing adventure squad, mainly because with the Wii you would use all its cool features (to beat the crap out of unsuspecting pokemon.) Hopefully with graphics nicer than before. I am not saying the graphics weren't good, they certainly were, although they could have been a lot nicer. =3

Serebii
16th June 2009, 2:19 PM
Slowkingsley brought and interesting notion to me over PM. These three could be representative of Ho-Oh, Lugia & Arceus. Nintendo sure seems to be pushing those three as a trio

Dragodynamite
16th June 2009, 2:22 PM
Sounds awesome. The more MD games the merrryer xP

Forever&Always
16th June 2009, 2:27 PM
Man, already? Nintendo of America is going too slow for Nintendo of Japan. PMD Explorers of the Sky hasn't even been revealed to America yet!

E3 09. Thats all I had too say. And, if you didnt understand that Yes it was. Fall 09.

freekhenstra
16th June 2009, 2:46 PM
WiiWare?
I guess we shouldn't expect too much from it.

Forever&Always
16th June 2009, 2:47 PM
As do I. I expected so much from Ranch. -_-

mudkip42
16th June 2009, 3:11 PM
Sounds cool :D

Cant wait to see the scans xD

TurtwigFan1
16th June 2009, 3:24 PM
Oo, yay! Wii PMD Games! But WiiWare suggests that they won't be up to the standard of PMD1 and 2. Maybe smaller games?

About Lugia, Ho-Oh and Arceus as a trio, that would be really cool. It would also make sense.

Surfing_Pikachu
16th June 2009, 4:00 PM
Oo, yay! Wii PMD Games! But WiiWare suggests that they won't be up to the standard of PMD1 and 2. Maybe smaller games? No no, you've got it backwards. Even a small Wiiware title is more powerful than a DS one. If they used the graphics found in the DS games, they could easily use that saved space to create a huge game.

TurtwigFan1
16th June 2009, 5:01 PM
I suppose, but what I meant was the fact that it's not an actual Wii game, like in a shop, it's just WiiWare. But I see your point.

Yellow Aura
16th June 2009, 5:38 PM
Well, since it's Wii Ware, it probly won't be a full game, just something extra. Maybe like a small extra adventure you can send you PMD3 pokemon to? Well, if I can get it, I'll get Light Adventure Squad.

ShinyLucario
16th June 2009, 7:40 PM
I'll wait for screenshots and such. I like the PMD franchise, but this just seems like it'd not be worth it imo.

Rakurai
16th June 2009, 8:32 PM
I don't really know what to make of this, either.

It's hard for me expect much out of a WiiWare title, let alone one from a spin-off series that's already gotten three games this generation.

BCVM22
16th June 2009, 8:37 PM
Where are people getting these "WiiWare is inferior to the DS" notions from? They're about as inaccurate as can be as far as hardware, media size and anything else are concerned; even the lowest-quality WiiWare title is still about on par with an average DS title.

Kai the Squirtle
16th June 2009, 9:34 PM
BTW the scans are from a pamphlet at McDonalds in Japan.

So we have a source.

Netbug009
16th June 2009, 10:19 PM
SUDDENLY WIIWARE IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS.

Sweeeet. Adventure Squad, eh? So that's the next set? Awesome.

Admittedly, I too love the DS version with the 2D graphics and the handheld awesome, but I'm willing to have an open mind to this. I love the games for the story, after all.

Or maybe it is an add on, but anything PMD is awesome. Plus, Adventure Squad seems clearly different than Explorers of, so one could ask WHAT is it an add on for if it is one? >.> <.<

Red Globe
16th June 2009, 10:23 PM
Same stuff, different package. Yawn.

At least the storylines were good in all of the Dungeons.

Serebii
16th June 2009, 11:43 PM
Where are people getting these "WiiWare is inferior to the DS" notions from? They're about as inaccurate as can be as far as hardware, media size and anything else are concerned; even the lowest-quality WiiWare title is still about on par with an average DS title.
Thank you for being rational :)

Wormow
17th June 2009, 2:41 AM
Sounds fake, but because it's Wiiware...

coolespeon
17th June 2009, 2:51 AM
It sounds just cool!! but anyways, we have to wait for a fully confirmation. If it comes to be, Think I´ll be getting light adventure squad.

The Dean of Suds
17th June 2009, 3:09 AM
I liked the first couple mystery dungeons, but the games get monotonous after a while, I doubt I'll go out of my way to get any one of these unless they turn out to be really good games.

Shadow Tepi 8
17th June 2009, 4:17 AM
Hmmm...MD on the Wii. This looks quite interesting.

It'll be nice to see gameplay with the Wiimote.

Short Wing
17th June 2009, 5:29 AM
Hmm, these new titles seem interesting.
I suppose they could include new things using the Wii's remotes, hopefully these games will offer something that the previous MD's couldn't include.

supersarepi
17th June 2009, 3:30 PM
BTW the scans are from a pamphlet at McDonalds in Japan.

So we have a source.

Does that mean its true? yippeee. I'm getting blazing adventure squad if I can.

PokemonHero
17th June 2009, 3:57 PM
Interesting. I wonder if it will be an addition to Explorers of Sky or what. It would be interesting if they were full-fledged games. The only question would be whether they would keep the graphics of the main games or it will be 3D.

BCVM22
17th June 2009, 5:49 PM
Very doubtful they'll be in full 3D. Top-down 2D with small 3D models, maybe. If you'll forgive me stating the obvious, I would expect these to look like the PMDs would had they been developed for WiiWare. Think about that and you should have your answer.

AstralEon
17th June 2009, 8:12 PM
Three new Dungeon games? Really?

It doesn't seem real to me. But its weird seeing 3 new ones before the release of MD Sky in the US.

They are probably extensions of the story-line or something.

Well seeing that I don't have a Wii, I can't talk much about it...

slowkingsley
19th June 2009, 9:03 AM
Official site

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g090619_02.html

Seems to be no details yet. Just the titles.

Serebii
19th June 2009, 9:46 AM
Three new Dungeon games? Really?

It doesn't seem real to me. But its weird seeing 3 new ones before the release of MD Sky in the US.

They are probably extensions of the story-line or something.

Well seeing that I don't have a Wii, I can't talk much about it...
Please note that releases in Japan have nothing to do with US releases and so it doesn't matter if another game is coming or released

sweet_piplup123
19th June 2009, 3:22 PM
Oh cool! Wii PMD games! Shame I don't have a Wii...oh well, I am still excited 0w0

Golde
20th June 2009, 8:49 AM
Here's what I expect - Suckish games for 1500 Wii Points apiece.

:|

Torpoleon
20th June 2009, 12:51 PM
Slowkingsley brought and interesting notion to me over PM. These three could be representative of Ho-Oh, Lugia & Arceus. Nintendo sure seems to be pushing those three as a trio
That seems really awesome!

Anyways, now there are PMD games for WiiWare. I wonder what will be next. I'd get Stormy Adventure Squad. Both Blue and Time's colors were blue and I want to continue taht trend with Stormy Adventure Squad. I can't wait for these games to come out in the US!

EspeonMaster
20th June 2009, 1:06 PM
Will the new Dungeon games look like mini-games or normal games?

Mew's desire
20th June 2009, 4:37 PM
Faantastic news.
But its giving me the nerves.. because one really has the havey desire to own this game as soon as possible. I want to own Sky version and then this.
Its a good thing I have Wii.

KingRaichu
20th June 2009, 6:21 PM
Hmmmm...if they make the animation slightly better and the games slightly longer, they are well worth the Wii point card thingies.
EDIT: cheaper too

suicune lover
20th June 2009, 7:31 PM
If they are something to do with Ho-Oh/Lugia/Arceus, then Ill probably get them

Yuppirox
21st June 2009, 12:52 AM
Cool. I think I'll get them when they come out in the US (Oh yeah. The time will fly REAL quick. XD). The graphics should be better than the DS ones and the gameplay should have something new to it considering that it's on the Wii... Heh. I've always loved the PMD games storylines. ^.^ Can't wait for these games. (:

OrangeDonphan
21st June 2009, 11:56 PM
Nintendo needs to let Sony or Microsoft use some of their games.

*shot*

Lol, ignore that, I just am annoyed that they have to put their games, only on their devices. Other companies put them on all Three, or atleast Two. It sounds cool, too bad I'll never get to play it. The only people I know with a Wii, don't have WiiWare.

sunkirby
22nd June 2009, 4:11 AM
well i just suggested to serebii that it could be groudon and kyogre. but actually, after thinking about it for longer, its more likely the legendary cats or birds. probably cats because for birds, articuno=stormy? i dont think so. probably raikou entei and suicune.

BCVM22
23rd June 2009, 1:44 AM
I just am annoyed that they have to put their games, only on their devices. Other companies put them on all Three, or atleast Two.

Other companies don't produce and market hardware. Were you serious with this?

The only people I know with a Wii, don't have WiiWare.

Consider what WiiWare is as a whole and then see if you can figure out why this is a statement without validity.

Surfing_Pikachu
23rd June 2009, 2:44 AM
Wow. They're really milking this series. They should have left it at Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue. Those were the best in my opinion anyway.

BCVM22
23rd June 2009, 2:57 AM
Were you forced at gunpoint to buy Time or Darkness or Explorers of the Sky? Will you be forced at gunpoint to purchase any of these iterations?

No?

Then you have no grounds on which to contend that they should have stopped after the only games you liked. Pretty sure there's no part of the franchise where "they should have left it at...." is a valid complaint.

Rex Kamex
25th June 2009, 10:50 PM
Wow. They're really milking this series. They should have left it at Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue. Those were the best in my opinion anyway.

They do the same with the main games, though.

JamesRaynor
2nd July 2009, 10:10 AM
Is there any more info yet?

(s.i.e)
2nd July 2009, 11:04 AM
Is there any more info yet?

if there is more info we will hear it.

i'm looking forward to try it out. i have seen some of the updates on the main sites about it.

Qmaz246
2nd July 2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah, it sounds really cool. i wonder what the graphic are like.

JamesRaynor
2nd July 2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah, it sounds really cool. i wonder what the graphic are like.

My guess is something like scramble's.

Calm PokeMaster
12th July 2009, 9:52 AM
Explorers of the Sky hasn't even released yet in America but we already have another Dungeon game in Japan.

I am seriously considering learning Japanese and moving to Japan.........

slowkingsley
14th July 2009, 1:16 PM
From CoroCoro

- Release date 4th of August for 1200 Wii points
- Dungeons and characters in 3D
- Games based on Arceus
- Flame (fire team), Stormy (water team), Light (electric team)
- New feature 'Pokemon Tower', where 4 moves are used consecutively.
- New facility 'Gastrodon Judgement House', where treasure boxes are judged.

Xx Flare xX
14th July 2009, 3:22 PM
That means i need Wii-Ware to get it... hmm... Move aside Xbox 360! I finally got my Wii a good game (apart from Brawl, which is the only good game i own:P)

minredd
14th July 2009, 4:36 PM
It sounds like there'll be different starters this time around. Interesting, but me being me, I'm instantly headed for the fire-type game.

Mucrush
14th July 2009, 5:30 PM
From CoroCoro

- Release date 4th of August for 1200 Wii points
- Dungeons and characters in 3D
- Games based on Arceus
- Flame (fire team), Stormy (water team), Light (electric team)
- New feature 'Pokemon Tower', where 4 moves are used consecutively.
- New facility 'Gastrodon Judgement House', where treasure boxes are judged.

I know there is the scan on the frontsite of Serebii, but to you have a bigger one? :b

Electric
14th July 2009, 7:06 PM
From CoroCoro

1 Release date 4th of August for 1200 Wii points
2 Dungeons and characters in 3D
3 Games based on Arceus
4 Flame (fire team), Stormy (water team), Light (electric team)
5 New feature 'Pokemon Tower', where 4 moves are used consecutively.
6 New facility 'Gastrodon Judgement House', where treasure boxes are judged.

1. For just Japan or US also?
2. Yay
3. Finally Arceus will be used.
4. I like water types, so maybe get the water game?
5. OK?
6. Treasure boxes are judged? Huh? What's that supposed to mean?

GS Fan
14th July 2009, 8:23 PM
These games seem like they could potentially raise the bar for future PMD games: 3D and Wiiware pricing. I'm looking forward to a little bit more info on the game, though, before I get too excited. :D

Nintendo needs to let Sony or Microsoft use some of their games.

*shot*

Lol, ignore that, I just am annoyed that they have to put their games, only on their devices. Other companies put them on all Three, or atleast Two. It sounds cool, too bad I'll never get to play it. The only people I know with a Wii, don't have WiiWare.
There isn't a single instance where Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo "shared" one of their main franchises with each other. You may be thinking of third-party developers.

2. Yay
3. Finally Arceus will be used.
4. I like water types, so maybe get the water game?
5. OK?
6. Treasure boxes are judged? Huh? What's that supposed to mean?
The treasure boxes will be judged like Xatu did on PMD Time and Darkness. That would be my guess, atleast. ;491;

TheLupineOne
14th July 2009, 8:39 PM
My interest is Piqued, and I would like to have some clearer scans of these intriguing games. Wouldn't we all?!

BCVM22
14th July 2009, 10:09 PM

The announcement is in a Japanese magazine, written in Japanese and published in Japan. Meanwhile, NoA has yet to officially announce a Sky release date.

The math is yours to do.

Rakurai
14th July 2009, 11:49 PM
I can't help but wonder how much content will be in these games compared to the previous PMD titles, especially with the fact that they're in 3D.

While Wiiware games can easily equal DS games in terms of size, it seems unlikely that they'd release a game that's a total improvement over its predecessors for a much lower price tag.

Serebii
15th July 2009, 10:18 AM
Screenshots are up. It appears that they use the Ranch/Scramble models

Serebii
15th July 2009, 10:44 AM
It also confirms that you can use the same save data across the three games to use multiple different Pok&#233;mon and you can have up to four saves on the game. It also reveals that the choices of the Pok&#233;mon at the start of each game are as follows;
Blazing Adventure Squad: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Vulpix, Growlithe, Eevee, Teddiursa, Buneary
Stormy Adventure Squad: Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Wooper, Azurill, Phanpy, Riolu & Wynaut
Light Adventure Squad: Pichu, Pikachu, Shinx, Pachirisu, Elekid, Mareep, Psyduck, Togepi & Meowth
It also shows the Pok&#233;mon Tower feature mentioned yesterday has your Pok&#233;mon party tower on top of eachother and they all use attacks simultaneously. It also shows Wild Pok&#233;mon can evolve inside the dungeons.
You can also use your DS to connect to the Wii and control your Pok&#233;mon. The WiiConnect24 feature will also provide downloadable missions

JamesRaynor
15th July 2009, 10:54 AM
Awesome, it's legit ^^

Opal Pikachu13
15th July 2009, 12:42 PM
This is gonna be interesting. I'm going with Light Adventure Squad, I'll probably be Shinx again, as I was on my Japanese Explorers of the Sky. ;403;

Torpoleon
15th July 2009, 1:08 PM
I'm getting Stormy and I'll choose Piplup. I guess these three are different from past Mystery Dungeons because you' need special requirements to evolve, it these you don't. I like how you fight other Pokemon with your team making themselves into a tower. One question. Do they cost 1,200 Wii points EACH?

Xx Flare xX
15th July 2009, 1:13 PM
Aww I wanted to be Eevee on Light but you can only get it on Blazing *sulks*
JK Good to see we now have some clear pictures:D I'm already setting my Wii up online in preparation lol.
(Then again Since I'm evolving to Flareon Blazing matches it perfectly)

Opal Pikachu13
15th July 2009, 1:17 PM
I'm liking that Arceus is finally in a Mystery Dungeon (not counting the statue in Sky), especially it being in the form of the version you chose (Blazing- Fire, Stormy- Water, Light- Electric). I also seen in the vid on the official site that other legendaries are present (Ho-Oh in Blazing, Lugia in Stormy). And yes, all 3 versions are 1,200 Wii points each.

Rakurai
15th July 2009, 1:20 PM
I find the lack of Electrike in the selection of Light version starters highly disturbing.

Largely due to the fact that they opted to make both Pikachu and Pichu starters, rather then bothering to give the third gen some electric representation...

Electric
15th July 2009, 6:42 PM
I would like to get the stormy version because water pokemon are my favorite. I'm kinda shocked to see Wynaut and Riolu in the stormy version if they aren't even water type. Nobody better not get stormy just cause Riolu is in there.

AstralEon
15th July 2009, 6:54 PM
Oh very nice. Very 3D-ish. I would get Blazing Adventure Squad.... if I had a Wii <.<

SilverLanayru
15th July 2009, 7:39 PM
Yeah I just recently heard about this and I also just watched the Japanese trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3uqFvrf4ds&fmt=18) of it. I'm definitely going to get this game (most likely the Blaze Adventure Squad version first, considering that I've always been Charmander ever since the first PMD game) when it comes out in the states hopefully.

Nightlingbolt
16th July 2009, 12:50 AM
What I want to know is, why would anyone want to be Wynaut?!

Don't answer that, I'm aware of the joke.

minredd
16th July 2009, 2:09 AM
The reason Riolu and Wynaut are in Stormy is the same reason Buneary and Eevee are in Blazing, it's their color palettes. Riolu and Wynaut have a lot of blue, the color of water, and Eevee and Buneary have a lot of brown which is just a darker orange.

Nightlingbolt
16th July 2009, 2:43 AM
Yeah, but there are plenty of other blue Pokemon to put in. Hell, I'd play as Surskit before Wynaut.

WynautQueen
16th July 2009, 4:31 AM
*gasp*
I... I... I can be... a Wyanut?
*rainbows and sunshine shoot from orifices*

You bet I'm getting this.

What I want to know is, why would anyone want to be Wynaut?!

Hi there. :)

Sparkleo
16th July 2009, 6:12 AM
PMD 2 I played as Pikachu.
PMD 2-Sky I want to play as Shinx.
I want to be a male Buneary in PMD 3, but I fear it will be female only...

I would like to get the stormy version because water pokemon are my favorite.
As I will get the Blazing version because I love fire pokemon.

Torpoleon
16th July 2009, 3:13 PM
And I'll get stormy for my love of the water type starters. I'll choose Piplup. I can't wait for information to be released. I wonder what role Arceus will have what kinds of bosses there are in the games. So much that I want to know.

KyogreKing
16th July 2009, 8:52 PM

Maybe along with Arceus, and Instead of lugia and Ho-oh,
The Johto Beast Trio would be involed, with HGSS and The Version Themes
Strormy= Suicune
Blazing= Entei
Light= Raikou

Dark Slash
16th July 2009, 9:34 PM
Im getting
1.Heart Gold<---First Priority
2.Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blazing Adventures<----Growlithe in there :O and PMD2 the only MD i have was so fun
3.Pokemon Scarmble thingy<-------Ya thats if it comes with some events
4.Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Sky Adventures<----PMD2 was fun so why not get the new one?

so 4 wii games...i think ever since HG ans SS were announced im became a even bigger pokemon fan that i thought

AstralEon
16th July 2009, 11:27 PM
Looking at the Japanese trailer of the three new MD, I'm starting to have some second thoughts when I watched the Japanese trailer of the three new MD. Reasons:

1) The 3D poly Pokes are just too...meh.
2) Some of the game play has changed.
3) I don't have a Wii.

Mostly its about the 3D Pokes. They are way to boxy looking. I'm sticking with the same 2D, yet still better, MD games. =)

If i do get it, which might be a long time, I would get Blazing Adventures.

Rakurai
4th August 2009, 6:16 AM
The games should be out in Japan now, so I guess that means new information will be coming soon.

I'm hoping that these games won't be as restrictive as PMD 2 in regards to evolution, switching your team leader, and in regards to the main story, when you're allowed to bring teammates.

I'm also curious as to how the Pokemon towers are going to affect the difficulty of the game. While being able to have all of your Pokemon attack a single target at once is certainly beneficial, the opposing Pokemon being able to do the same seems like it could be troublesome, especially since it looks as though they don't have to go through the trouble of finding a hole in order to do so.

Serebii
4th August 2009, 9:51 AM
Well we know that you can evolve randomly at any time

Opal Pikachu13
4th August 2009, 3:30 PM
I have the Light version, and no, there are NO evolution restrictions, so you don't have to wait until you get to the end of the game and clear requirements like the previous ones, (this also goes for your main Pokemon and partner) once my Shinx got to level 15, it asked if I wanted to evolve it, I chose not to. When my recruited Treecko got to 16, I chose to evolve it and now it's Grovyle. So basically just reach your evolution requirements, the restrictions that were on the previous versions (waiting until the end of the game and having to clear other missions) doesn't apply on any of the Wii versions. As for switching team leader, just press Start (or + if you're using Wiimote or Classic controller) while you're in the dungeon at any time, or talk to Slowking before entering a dungeon, select the first option while you're highlighting one of your team mates.

Luigii
4th August 2009, 4:02 PM
I've found something new, I think. =D

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/dungeon_boukendan/friend/images/img-friend-password-01.jpg http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/dungeon_boukendan/friend/images/img-friend-password-02.jpg

&#169;http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/dungeon_boukendan/friend/password.html

I think it's something about the password-Pok&#233;mons.

NoDice
6th August 2009, 9:27 AM
These games look like they will open up the PMD series to Wii owners who werent able to experience the games on the DS...

I personally like the whole idea of unhindered evolution and selecting which Pokemon you want to start with.... that personality quiz annoyed the crap out of me when I was playing through PMD 2:EoT.

The tower mechanic seems a bit strange, but Im positive it will make the game more fun and challenging... especially if you get stuck in a monster house with all the enemies employing towers against you.

If (it probably will)and when (Ill give it the 6 month standard translation time)this hits US shores I think I will have to give it a go and download the Water version. The only worry I have about these titles is the amount of dungeons they are able to include since its a Wii Ware title, even though most dungeons such as water and forest rehash the same basic "theme" layouts and backgrounds... There is a matter of space issues with Wii Ware content. Anyone here far enough into the game to give a rough estimate of how many dungeons there will be/are total?

Torpoleon
8th August 2009, 7:29 PM
I really can't wait for these games! They cost 1,200 Wii Points each, right? Oh and don't each of the games have 4 files each on them? I think I read that on Bulbapedia.

Serebii
8th August 2009, 8:04 PM
Correct and correct

The problem with these games are that from the looks of thngs they do not have any set storyline

However, all three games have totally different dungeons and pokemon from the others

Charmy
9th August 2009, 6:04 PM
I'm really looking forward to getting this in Europe :) I'm gona buy all three of them :) I really wish there was more info on them though :( Does anyone know if there is gona be any more info on them soon? I really want to know which pokemon are available in the games and which ones are not.

Luigii
9th August 2009, 8:31 PM
I'm really looking forward to getting this in Europe :) I'm gona buy all three of them :) I really wish there was more info on them though :( Does anyone know if there is gona be any more info on them soon? I really want to know which pokemon are available in the games and which ones are not.

So do I.

I really wanne know why some Pokémons don't evolve. :/
My Luxio, Tailow, Eleckid are all level 43 and they just don't wanne evolve. D":

Dragodynamite
9th August 2009, 8:39 PM
I cant wait till its comes out in Europe ^_^ Im getting The Fire one, no doupt, Teddiursa <3
Also maybe getting the blue one later. xD

girfanatic501
10th August 2009, 7:44 PM
I just bought this about three days ago, and here are my discoveries and stuff (all from Light's perspective):

-The first storyline isn't about Arceus at all, but about everybody in the Garden being mad at each toher 'cuz Tauros stole a chocolate bar.

-The dungeons are WAY harder. The sixth dungeon already has Pokemon in the mid-20s when your only in the mid-10's, And goes up to mid-30's in the last dungeon.

-If you can recurit one Pokemon in a game, you can't in the other two.

-Pokemon that don't evolve by Level-Up can't evolve at all.

Serebii
10th August 2009, 7:58 PM
I just bought this about three days ago, and here are my discoveries and stuff (all from Light's perspective):

-The first storyline isn't about Arceus at all, but about everybody in the Garden being mad at each toher 'cuz Tauros stole a chocolate bar.

-The dungeons are WAY harder. The sixth dungeon already has Pokemon in the mid-20s when your only in the mid-10's, And goes up to mid-30's in the last dungeon.

-If you can recurit one Pokemon in a game, you can't in the other two.

-Pokemon that don't evolve by Level-Up can't evolve at all.
That's not true, we've seen Pikachu evolve into Raichu in videos and all that. Also, if the Pokemon is in multiple games then you can recruit it in them, you just cant recruit the exclusives in the other games

girfanatic501
10th August 2009, 8:17 PM
That's not true, we've seen Pikachu evolve into Raichu in videos and all that. Also, if the Pokemon is in multiple games then you can recruit it in them, you just cant recruit the exclusives in the other games

Really? O.o I haven't been able to figure out any evolutions yet. And, yeah, you could just merge files.

therealssjlink
11th August 2009, 10:11 AM
-.-

I can't figure out the requirements to get the mew mission (wiiconnect24) to appear and it won't be available in a few days.

Anyone get this one yet?

Serebii
11th August 2009, 12:46 PM
-.-

I can't figure out the requirements to get the mew mission (wiiconnect24) to appear and it won't be available in a few days.

Anyone get this one yet?
It's not a mission persay, it's just Mew being available in the Chocolate Mountain, Chocolate Land & Chocolate Hill dungeons

therealssjlink
11th August 2009, 1:37 PM
It's not a mission persay, it's just Mew being available in the Chocolate Mountain, Chocolate Land & Chocolate Hill dungeons

OH...well, that would explain things because I haven't gotten that far yet. Only completed 25 missions both in the first two areas.

girfanatic501
12th August 2009, 3:57 PM
Shaymin is in Light : DDDDD

Team Brushfire
12th August 2009, 4:40 PM
I'm kinda upset that its on the wiiware. Its the Oragami style all over again, and not to mention that...You don't even take a personality quiz to see what you are! That's one of my favorite aspects of PMD... and they had to take it out... >_<" anyways, I'm still going to get it because I really do love the PMD series... I just hope the controls are easy to learn.

Electric
13th August 2009, 9:50 PM
Question, whenever you change floors on a dungeon, do you get this annoying screen everytime:

http://i30.*******.com/2dcajcm.png

Because it's so annoying, and I know we are on the dungeon, its not like the dungeon changes, and it's a black screen with white text and no design.

Rakurai
14th August 2009, 12:16 AM
Question, whenever you change floors on a dungeon, do you get this annoying screen everytime:

http://i30.*******.com/2dcajcm.png

Because it's so annoying, and I know we are on the dungeon, its not like the dungeon changes, and it's a black screen with white text and no design.

I can easily say that's the most insignificant thing in the PMD series I've ever seen someone complain about, but yes, it's still there. It's mostly there is to give you something to look at while the game generates the next floor of the dungeon.

On an unrelated note, I'm finding the multiple claims of these PMD games having almost no storyline rather troubling, as the story was one of the strongest points of the series, IMO.

therealssjlink
14th August 2009, 9:47 AM
Current Status:

Silver Rank: Next in 300P Missions Complete: 61 Play Time: 16:05:09 1 Evolution 3 Bonus Pokemon

From my Backloggery:
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=therealssjlink (not even close to up-to-date, but now playing section is)

Alright, I'm at the point where the missions are too ridiculously frustrating I may need some help. I have quite a few escort missions (A rank) where the guest character dies in ONE HIT and doesn't follow my group. I have to travel 14 floors or more just to get to my goal and the guest character ALWAYS leaves and gets them self killed. IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!

Also, I've killed Mew everytime and haven't been able to recruit him (He usually transforms into some random pokemon).

Two things I'm pretty sure will be edited:

1: Taunt will be edited. It shows a picture of a hand giving the opponent the finger and then has a shaking fist over the opponent's hand.

2: The dialogue between the two Tritodons. Sounds an awful lot like they are doing something "dirty".

squlicky4
14th August 2009, 9:01 PM
Ive heard of those new games there like lightning adventure squad keep going they all have really unusual names