PDA

View Full Version : Diamond and Pearl Adventure! Manga Club

Nidoprince
18th June 2009, 4:44 AM
Welcome to the Diamond and Pearl Adventure! club! If you don't know what Diamond and Pearl Adventure! (DPA for short) then it's a manga that is based on the DP plot. If you know about it, you can join, otherwise if you don't, I guess their's no point in joining.

Here are the members:

Nidoprince
Mr. Joker
gangsta pigs
Storm The Pikachu
Miror B.
Shadow Lugia XD001
Shadow Lugia911
LightningKimba
lucario750
dawsoc

If I belive there should be, there will be co-owners. They can approve requests, then they should PM me on the request and I will edit it.

Besides requests to join, the posts should be about DPA. You can compare it with other manga/anime/video games, but I don't want discussions to be about other things, especially if the title is "Diamond and Pearl Adventure! Manga Club."

Thanks for viewing my thread!

Side note: Mods, if this is a club already created, I DO apolagize. I don't see any other reasons for this to be disapproved. Thanks!

Mr. Joker
18th June 2009, 5:27 PM
Can I join please? I am a huge fan of DPA but I only have the first 3 volumes I am white trash and cant afford alot of things but I do like Jun and Mitsumi *Shipper here* and I like the Tg/Mitsumi plot....

Nidoprince
18th June 2009, 6:24 PM
OK, your allowed to join. I only have up to volume 3 as well, but that's only because my bookstore doesn't have it yet. I'll add you to the list.

Nidoprince
18th June 2009, 10:09 PM
Is DPA4 out for you? I wish I could start a different discussion, but with only one member, that's hard to do.

gangsta_pigs
18th June 2009, 10:29 PM
Yo Nidoprince can i join. Like Mr.Joker I am a mitsumi and jun shipper, and i also enjoyed debating DPA topics in the manga discussion and, although i have read up to volume 3 i no info beyond volume 3 so can i join?

Nidoprince
19th June 2009, 12:57 AM
Hey gangsta pigs. :) Your allowed into the club. It doesn't matter what you've read, and you can discuss things in volume 4 and up as long as you put it in spoiler tags.

Storm The Pikachu
19th June 2009, 8:27 AM
Can I join? I love DPA and I'm probobly the only Cyrus/Mitsumi shipper(i call it seasun shipping) here ,though i do support MisuJun. I'm up to Vol.5 .

Miror B.
19th June 2009, 8:30 AM
Can I join? I love DPA. I only own volumes 1 and 2, and I've read 3.
I have yet to read 4...
And I'm a Mitsumi/Jun and Mitsumi/Cyrus shipper.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001
19th June 2009, 12:42 PM
I would like to join please. I am currently up to volume 4 which I recently bought off Ebay.
And if I manage to gather some spare time, I could probably make a club banner.
Oh yeah, my favourite character is Cyrus! ^^;

;249-;

Nidoprince
19th June 2009, 3:37 PM
All of you are in the club! And, now that we've got enough people in the club, we can have discussions!

Storm The Pikachu: I'm guessing you buy your manga off Amazon? And your not alone. Miror B. is also a Mitsumi/Cyrus shipper.

Miror B.: Well, I guess the only point in buying 3 is if you want to re-read it until 4 comes out. That's what I do all the time XD

Shadow Lugia XD001: Sometimes I'm on that verge of buying on Ebay as well...since my bookstore doesn't have it yet. But I'll check in July. My friends come, so I want them to read it too. It's great that you can make a club banner. I'm too lazy to make one, or find out how to make one, or ask to make one. I'm also too lazy to find out what "Pixels" are. So if you made a random club banner, I'd so use it.

Welcome to the club!

Storm The Pikachu
19th June 2009, 6:35 PM
I dont buy on Ebay.I got Vol.3,4 and 5 at Barns and Nobels.

Ps. It's good to know I'm not the only SeaSun shipper.

SeaSun shippers unite!

Nidoprince
19th June 2009, 6:57 PM
LUCKY!!! My bookstore doesn't carry any more than 3! What is wrong with this place!? I buy them at Borders. I don't go to Barnes and Nobles much unless my friends are here.

Shadow_lugia991
19th June 2009, 9:20 PM
Hey can I join??? I'm up to vol.3, I can't wait for me to get Vol4 soon! My favorite character is probably Saturn...or Cyrus. Please! I can make fan art....

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th June 2009, 11:56 PM
Cyrus/Mitsumi is already Desertionshipping.

Also yay DPA! I ♥ it...and yes, most of it IS due to Team Galactic. I can't help it--they pull me in.

And ah...since I was showing these to the Galactic club I may as well post 'em here too. I didn't do these, and the artist's contact info is on them.

An inappropiate use for the Red Chain (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/Fanart/cyrusharetachainbyastra.jpg) (a bit of shota in this with shipper goggles but it's possible to take it as non-shippy)
"Sir, you look so fetching in white..." (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/Fanart/cyrusjupiterbyastra.jpg)

Storm The Pikachu
20th June 2009, 12:09 AM
I know i just like to make up my own names for shippings.

Cool. did you make those fan arts Blackjack Gabbiani?

:172bros:

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th June 2009, 1:10 AM
I said that I didn't do them. They were done by the person whose email is on them.

So uh...the timeline in DPA4 is all kinds of weird. As I've said elsewhere, Cyrus would have been around 15 when he took Mitsumi in, only the Galactics apparently already existed. And I know he's some sort of freaky genius child prodigy, but that's stretching it, even in a world centered around ten year olds. Unless there was a previous leader.
And if this was, say, the show, I'd be more inclined to think that maybe he's just not 27 in it, but DPA! is probably the only continuity where he actually LOOKS that age.

Nidoprince
20th June 2009, 3:08 AM
Blackjack, are you requesting to join? I take that first post as a yes? And Shadow Lugia 911, you're in the club. I'll update you to the list soon.

Nidoprince
20th June 2009, 4:47 AM
What does everyone think of volume 4? Is it good or not? No spoilers (unless in the spoiler tags of course), but just a star rating, 5 being the best.

Storm The Pikachu
20th June 2009, 5:16 AM
Vol.4 was awsome! I give it a 5/5.I loved the part when...

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!(spoiler tags not working)

;493; ;493;
Hareta was asking Mitsumi if it was him who made her re-join TG and it shows all the stuff he did that made her mad. Cyrus face was hilarious

;493;

Nidoprince
20th June 2009, 3:02 PM
If you quick reply, you won't see them. If you do a regular reply, you will.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001
20th June 2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah, vol 4 is a five star for me too.

Mainly because...

The part where Hareta gave 'Jiggly butt' as I like to call him, some food from their picnic and Jupiter is just there thinking WTF?!

Also, the Eevee that Cyrus had caged was SO CUTE!!!

Yeah there's loads more that I could rant on about but I haven't got time ATM. :p

;249-d;

Nidoprince
20th June 2009, 11:25 PM
Must...get...volume 4...HEY! Mabye while I go out for dinner, I can stop and get volume 4 on my way back!!! Not sure if it's on the way, or I can go there. I sure hope so...I'm so sick of waiting...something's even coming up...*vomits*ugh...I need to take my medicine.

LightingKimba
20th June 2009, 11:44 PM
Mitsumi's roster in the series is actually pretty nice of a team, and I do occasionally use it in battles.

And yes, I do wish to join this club, if that's all right with you, Nidoprince.

Nidoprince
21st June 2009, 12:10 AM
All right you can join. See, everybody can join, but you just need to let me know so I can add you to the list of members.

Storm The Pikachu
21st June 2009, 2:03 AM

Also, the Eevee that Cyrus had caged was SO CUTE!!!

I know! Omg you don't know how much I just wanted to SQUEEZE that thing!

If you quick reply, you won't see them. If you do a regular reply, you will.

I tried that just now and it still wont work.

;197;

Nidoprince
21st June 2009, 4:54 AM
I got volume 4!!! Now we can discuss about it...I still have to read it before you show those spoilers...I'll do it ASAP tomorrow. I'm seriously happy as a Ludicolo! Let the reading commence! I do have a question though since I read part: did Hareta officially capture Regigigas? He just asked to have him join, Regi picked him up, and Hareta smiled. If I could do that in-game, I'd complete the game by now.

Storm The Pikachu
21st June 2009, 5:43 AM
I do have a question though since I read part: did Hareta officially capture Regigigas? He just asked to have him join, Regi picked him up, and Hareta smiled. If I could do that in-game, I'd complete the game by now.

It came out of a pokeball,so you could say he officially captured it.If he didn't then i'd be walking around with him like Piplup.

Nidoprince
21st June 2009, 5:39 PM
OK, I just finished volume 4. Let the DPA discussion up to volume 4 commence! I also noticed Candice's personality is so much different than in-game.

lucario750
21st June 2009, 5:41 PM
can i join to please

Nidoprince
21st June 2009, 6:12 PM
OK, you can join.

lucario750
22nd June 2009, 12:25 AM
thanks can you tell me what happen in volume 2 and 3 because i havent red it yet just dont tell me everything that happens

Nidoprince
22nd June 2009, 12:40 AM
thanks can you tell me what happen in volume 2 and 3 because i havent red it yet just dont tell me everything that happens

Here's an overview of what happens:

volume 2 introduces Cyrus, the boss of team galactic, Cynthia, Riley, and Byron. Hareta gets a Riolu egg and it hatches. It also introduces Mitsumi as a great trainer. Volume 3 has a lot of battles with Team Galactic, along with a Pokespecial about Deoxys.

Storm The Pikachu
22nd June 2009, 5:37 AM
Hey, would any of you guys use Hareta, Saturn, Jupiter(even though she dosen't have a full team) or Mitsumi's teams in your pokemon games?Which team do you think is the best?

I know that I would use Mitsumi's and maybe Saturn's team in my Daimond. I like Hareta's team the best but I wouldn't use it.

;373;

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd June 2009, 11:41 AM
DPA Candice seems a great deal like gameverse Volkner, bemoaning that she's too strong for any challengers to be interesting.

Nidoprince
22nd June 2009, 12:57 PM
Either Mitsumi or Saturn, like you said. Saturn has great Pokemon, and Mitsumi does too, but her team shares lots of weaknesses.

Candice is actually a little mean in the manga. She's one of those party poopers like Koya. They battle, then walk away ranting about how much they stink at being a trainer.

lucario750
22nd June 2009, 8:50 PM
i use hareta team

Nidoprince
23rd June 2009, 2:22 AM
Hareta's team is good, but his Pokemon aren't fully evolved...yet. If his Pokemon were evolved...his team would be so great, that the manga would actually get boring because he could easily wipe out anyone.

LightingKimba
23rd June 2009, 6:00 PM
Hey, would any of you guys use Hareta, Saturn, Jupiter(even though she dosen't have a full team) or Mitsumi's teams in your pokemon games?Which team do you think is the best?

As I said before, I've used Mitsumi's team in the past with significant results. Infernape's a decent lead, while Electivire's cool to pull in whenever I use Milotic as bait for my opponent's to throw Electric moves in Electivire's way.

And honestly, I'll have to disagree with Hareta's team's structure. It seems so dull and meh as a team, it would be short of a miracle if anyone won with it. Cool that's it is a pretty easy team to form and make (Hooray cheap team-making), at least.

dawsoc
24th June 2009, 1:03 AM
may i join this club,i've read all the way to volume four.

Nidoprince
24th June 2009, 9:42 PM
Yep, you can join. If I don't reply in a while, it's because I'm busy this month, and next month, and a little bit in the next month after that.

gangsta_pigs
29th June 2009, 5:01 PM
can someone describe to me how jupiter holds jun hostage, and whats mitsumi's reaction

gangsta_pigs
29th June 2009, 5:02 PM
can someone describe to me how jupiter holds jun hostage, and whats mitsumi's reaction

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th June 2009, 9:02 AM
Jupiter ties Jun up with Tangrowth. But first she got their guards down by getting Mitsumi to confess to being a Galactic (for some reason Jupiter had to use Uxie's power to get the idea to do that. Jupiter come on, you're smarter than that).

Anyway, Mitsumi basically says "Don't you dare!" and Jupiter takes that opportunity to have Mitsumi talk to Cyrus, and then Mitsumi gives up and leaves with Jupiter. Jun gets let go and has a pity party under a tree (him and his ugly Eastern European military coat).

Nidoprince
30th June 2009, 12:58 PM
Jupiter ties Jun up with Tangrowth. But first she got their guards down by getting Mitsumi to confess to being a Galactic (for some reason Jupiter had to use Uxie's power to get the idea to do that. Jupiter come on, you're smarter than that).

Anyway, Mitsumi basically says "Don't you dare!" and Jupiter takes that opportunity to have Mitsumi talk to Cyrus, and then Mitsumi gives up and leaves with Jupiter. Jun gets let go and has a pity party under a tree (him and his ugly Eastern European military coat).

I'm sure she could've thought of the idea of tieing up Jun with Tangrowth, but she needed Uxie's power to realize what would happen in the end: that Mitsumi would surrender.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001
30th June 2009, 6:14 PM
To be honest, when I saw that jacket that Jun had, I thought he looked a bit like a Nazi! XD

About Jupiter's Tangrowth. I would assume she did recall it when she left with Mitsumi or else it would have still been there when Hareta arrives. So I just like to know those kinda details. :P

;249-d;

Storm The Pikachu
1st July 2009, 6:17 AM
I'm sure she could've thought of the idea of tieing up Jun with Tangrowth, but she needed Uxie's power to realize what would happen in the end: that Mitsumi would surrender.

That's probably because the "Mitsumi" she knew wasn't so nice.

;444;

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd July 2009, 12:24 PM
Anyone else wonder why Jupiter looks to be about 40 in this series?

gangsta_pigs
7th July 2009, 5:29 PM
it might be cuz stress causes quicker aging and being an admin in team galactic probably adds stress. not to mention she's battled mitsumi twice and that DEFINATELY adds stress!

Blackjack Gabbiani
8th July 2009, 10:20 AM
Well the other two commanders look around their game ages (Saturn looks even YOUNGER than he does in his Sugimori art).