PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Music!

Zhanton
19th June 2009, 12:13 PM
So, I was walking around in Diamond with my sound on, which is rare, and I heard the beautiful background music! What do you think of the music?

I think the Pokemon Center is tried and true, but I'm loving the Veilstone music. So...tough. The Old Chateau music adds to the atmosphere, which is what music should do. But the music that pops up when you get on your bike is irritating.

So, what do you think of the music in the 4th gen?

Drybones446
19th June 2009, 1:29 PM
They should use real music, and add a feature to upload music to your DS to play to your Pokemon game.

The Dean of Suds
19th June 2009, 1:30 PM
I generally play with my ipod going and the sound off, but what I've heard of the music seems good, but nothing that really made me want to listen to it every time I played.

Rachael
19th June 2009, 10:14 PM
They should use real music

Define "real music." It sounds real enough to me.

I love the music. My favorite music is from Gen I--possibly for nostalgia reasons--but D/P music is my second favorite. I especially love the gym music and the music that plays when you battle Cyrus.

CrossTheRoad
19th June 2009, 10:18 PM
Theres a wide variety of music. I like it.
Most people turn the sound off because they want their
beloved rappers instead.

Drybones446
19th June 2009, 10:45 PM
Define "real music." It sounds real enough to me.

I love the music. My favorite music is from Gen I--possibly for nostalgia reasons--but D/P music is my second favorite. I especially love the gym music and the music that plays when you battle Cyrus.

You know, regular music, not instrumentals.

BCVM22
19th June 2009, 10:49 PM
You know, regular music, not instrumentals.

So you'd prefer a game card filled entirely with high-quality MP3s and nothing else? That's basically what you're asking for.

Beotium
19th June 2009, 10:50 PM
I think the music creates a special atmosphere for every single generation.
It's up to you to turn it on or not, but it's a massive part of game-experience since you here it everywhere in the game..Of course theres music you like more or less but until now no music of the Pokemon versions was really bad, right?

BlitzBlast
19th June 2009, 10:51 PM
Eh, 4th gen didn't really have very good battle tunes. The Champion music was a huge disappointment, as was the Legendary battle theme.

The overworld themes were very good though.

Luxe
20th June 2009, 1:29 AM
I really liked Pokemon music up until recently, but only because I never had the sound on until like a month ago. When I finally payed attention to the Pokemon music, I realized that it was all keyboard-made. I used to think that there was a large, Pokemon band that made all the music. It really sucks when you start practicing your wind instrument after 3.5 years instead of just showing up in class with it. *sigh*

EDIT: If you are wearing an iLogic or something similar, its pretty cool because the harmony isn't totally overpowered by the melody.

AstralEon
20th June 2009, 2:38 AM
The music is good. It makes all the battles more thrilling.

If I really want a good kick to the music, I just visit some website with good remixes of the music.

pkfan
20th June 2009, 3:05 AM
I love the frontier brain battle song and the one of route 209...

Escape Reality
20th June 2009, 3:45 AM
i really like it. especially the battle frontier music, (both the brain's battle music and inside the facilities') and giratina's battle music in platinum. i also really like the cynthia, dialga, and palkia's battle music. :D

pokeguru
20th June 2009, 3:52 AM
I love it. Some of it.

Escape Reality
20th June 2009, 4:14 AM
I love it. Some of it.

yeah, not all of it was that great. :\

derekkoch
20th June 2009, 4:19 AM
option 3 XD

Drybones446
20th June 2009, 8:59 AM
So you'd prefer a game card filled entirely with high-quality MP3s and nothing else? That's basically what you're asking for.

I'd want a Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum with higher memory so we can put music to it.

BCVM22
20th June 2009, 9:11 AM
I'd want a Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum with higher memory so we can put music to it.

You're just babbling now. DS game cards are what they are, and the DS' sound components are what they are. To expect high-quality music of the sort found in console games is the very definition of unrealistic and I suggest you divest yourself of the notion lest you become a danger to yourself and/or others.

As for putting your own music to a game, either go play Excite Truck or put headphones on and crank up your MP3 player. The in-game music works just fine otherwise.

Zonn13
20th June 2009, 9:19 AM
I like some certain ones, like the Rival theme and the Battle Frontier theme. However, I do not like the Elite 4 theme or champion theme, much.

Drybones446
20th June 2009, 9:50 AM
You're just babbling now. DS game cards are what they are, and the DS' sound components are what they are. To expect high-quality music of the sort found in console games is the very definition of unrealistic and I suggest you divest yourself of the notion lest you become a danger to yourself and/or others.

As for putting your own music to a game, either go play Excite Truck or put headphones on and crank up your MP3 player. The in-game music works just fine otherwise.

I'm just talking about my opinion. Its an opinion and I doubt it will happen.

And we don't need to argue about MY opinion. I don't care about your opinion to my opinion. If you don't like MY opinion then stop it.

kiogrey
20th June 2009, 10:42 AM
Man, I LOVE them, almost all of them srsly, I liek Mt Coronet, Route 209, Jubilife and Orebourgh(sp?) and PokeLeague at night ...

Digimast
20th June 2009, 11:02 AM
I love 4 gen music because it gives the right atmosphere! Take old chateu for example! My brother really was scared playing in the house while hearing the music! And the opening... OOOOOOOooooooo....... nice to hear with headphones, but in all pokémon games, the musics I like more are the musics of pokémon ranger II they're really good!

Imaginary Friend
20th June 2009, 11:06 AM
It was okay, the best tunes from this gen was definitely the routes.
But, while the quality of the music is better on the DS, Gen I and II had the best music overall.

zogu
20th June 2009, 5:19 PM
Like the music in general, but for the top 3 would be the lake music and the legendary theme of Diagla/Palkia and the psychic trio.

Emerald 2006
20th June 2009, 5:39 PM
The Lake Music was great, Dialga + Palkia's theme was excellent!
But my fav music of all the 4th Gen? The DISTORTION WORLD!!!
I LOVE that music! I go back every so often to bask in it!

Escape Reality
20th June 2009, 5:56 PM
The Lake Music was great, Dialga + Palkia's theme was excellent!
But my fav music of all the 4th Gen? The DISTORTION WORLD!!!
I LOVE that music! I go back every so often to bask in it!

ha ha! :D it's been a while since i've been in the distortion world, since i finished everything i could do there, but i'll look up the music on youtube. ;)
dialga and palkia's battle music = awesome! :D though there are some more music themes that beat it, but still, really good. ;)

KingRaichu
20th June 2009, 7:12 PM
I don't play wth sound on as a general rule of thumb, but i did really likwe the music for the Old Chateu

Escape Reality
21st June 2009, 6:19 AM
i just got around to battling the regis and i really like that music, too. :)

Jink
22nd June 2009, 9:04 AM
The Battle Factory definitely has the best music.
I love the old synth pop sound it has.

Narutopokedude
22nd June 2009, 6:03 PM
I love the new music, I must say it's not as good as the 3rd gen.

windspear5
24th June 2009, 4:28 PM
I think that 4th gen music is a huge improvement from the 3rd gen music, but then again I think that 3rd gen was a huge let-down on so many levels. I was into most of the battle tracks, but the generic trainer music battle gets to old after awhile. However as good as 4th gen music was, I think that 2nd/1st gen music was superior due to the fact there was limitations on how the music was to be composed. 3rd gen was alright in terms of music, but the only tracks I really cared about was battle tracks against the grunts.

Anyways my favourite overworld track in 4th gen was Canalave City(D/P), but I never really took the time to listen to the Platinum remix of it. And in terms of battle music, I would have to say most of them excluding the generic trainer battle theme are pretty good.

I think Game Freak/Nintendo should compose an exclusive battle theme for multiplayer game play. I mean the generic battle theme gets really old in-game, and people will just turn down the volume, unless talking to somebody, and just overlap it with different music on video streaming sites.

So yeah I guess that's all I have to say...

starterlover1
25th June 2009, 3:53 AM
The music of the 4th gen is alright in general...I particularly like Hearthome City's music. It's perfect for the up-to-date, trendy city Hearthome seems to be, and it reminds me of NYC.

None of the music can hold a candle to the music of the 2nd gen, though. Goldenrod = epic win.

Blivsey
25th June 2009, 4:04 AM
Pokémon music is always very good. Appropriately cute and catchy, but with the proper "epic" feeling when you really listen to it. The 4th gen. continued the tradition of awesome soundtracks. Admittedly, it's not my definite favorite, but I still really like most of it.

aclover
25th June 2009, 9:10 AM
i like the plat music most, (because its on my dsi with great sound!)
i put my headphones into my dsi and i can just sit there listening to the battle arcade music or frontier brain music and just sit and do nothing but listen! the giratina is best with head phones because it feels like it's going round my head!

i hate the bike music too.

ever heard probopasses cry with head phones?
it sounds like some one going 'whoa whoa!' in a REALY deep voice.

LadyCharizard
25th June 2009, 9:47 AM
I've always loved the Cyrus battle theme in the 4th generation ^_^

Dialga/Palkia's battle theme was also great, and the music for the Distortion World gave the place the right ambience IMO; it rocked! The music, overall, was awesome IMO =3

popcorn dragon
26th June 2009, 8:49 PM
I really love the route 225 music.

ijea4444
27th June 2009, 3:55 AM
d/p/p music is the second best music so far, imo. Especially platinum's frontier brain BGM.

Silent Conversation
27th June 2009, 4:28 AM
I don't really concentrate on the route and regular battle music, but I really like the unique music (Cyrus, Frontier Brains, Cynthia etc.)

ungulateman
27th June 2009, 4:40 AM
Most of the time I play with the sound off. But, the music when I actually listen to it is great.

Screeling
27th June 2009, 4:48 AM
Most of the time I play with the sound off. But, the music when I actually listen to it is great.
I usually play with the sound off too. So I don't think I've heard most of the music lol.