PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Type Rivalries

Journeyman
21st June 2009, 1:14 AM
We all know how it goes: Everytime we pick our first pokemon, our rival picks the one with the type advantage (i.e. you pick Chimchar, he picks Piplup). So, which one is your favorite:

Grass vs. Fire
Fire vs. Water
Water vs. Grass

(Note: Remember, you're the one at the disadvantage)

My pick: Fire vs. Water.

Escape Reality
21st June 2009, 1:25 AM
i go for water vs. fire, because i always pick the water starter. otherwise i have too hard a time with the first gym, and also because out of the three types, water is my favorite. and water types seem to have a more diverse move set than grass and fire types.

The Flash
21st June 2009, 1:30 AM
Fire vs Water, i tend to pick the fire type due to lack of fire types in the games. Or i'll pick the water starter because your flying type can easily pick off their starter.

Beotium
21st June 2009, 7:49 AM
Since I use a fire starter most of the time my rival comes with many water..in his eyes..

Moonlight_Murkrow96
23rd June 2009, 1:40 AM
Due to the lack of fire types in this game, I pick Fire vs. Water.

Pokefan0234
23rd June 2009, 1:48 AM
Fire vs. Water. There aren't enough Fire types in the game. I went through DP with a Golem with Fire Blast for my Fire type....

TheWallstreetJournal
23rd June 2009, 2:02 AM
i'm a fan of grass vs. fire the most. i don't know why, but it's the coolest for some reason.

foxyman1167
23rd June 2009, 4:21 AM
Fire vs Water. Really the only reason for me is that in reality is makes some sense as a rivalry, as Water puts out a Fire but Fire boils Water. As for ingame, I tend to learn towards the Water types.

Affirmative
2nd July 2009, 11:05 AM
Fire v. Water because Chimchar eventually grows into Infernape to freakin' own the Empoleon that it is eventually relegated to.

EnragedSwalot
13th August 2012, 4:14 PM
I usually pick the fire starter, so I went with water vs. fire.
It's just cool for some reason.