PDA

View Full Version : Only Runs

BynineB
21st June 2009, 12:28 PM
Now, I hope you know what an only run is, but if you don't, then I'll enlighten you. An only run is when you beat your game with only one Pokemon. You can also have some HM slaves, but they are not allowed to fight, with the exception of double battles. Now, here is where you brag about having beaten the game with one Pokemon, talk about your progress in this, or just request a good Pokemon to beat the game with.

For example; I am going to beat Pokemon Diamond with a Budew. I did it before, but I restarted the save file, and I cheated a bit, soo yeah. Also, by the way, this section is only for fourth generation only runs. So, have fun!

By the way.. it's really easy to beat the game with a fully evolved starter.. but try something difficult! Maybe a Bibarel, or a Starly? Perhaps even a Kricketot!

gamerdude123
21st June 2009, 2:49 PM
i havent done it but i am gonna try it with chimchar

BynineB
21st June 2009, 2:58 PM
Chimchar sounds interesting, I wish you good luck! Which game?

Right now, I'm powertraining Nubble the Budew. She's of the Relaxed nature, which is pretty good; Budew needs all the defense it can get.

The King of Ho-oh's
21st June 2009, 6:09 PM
I did a run through with the Abra you can trade for named Kazza. I assume you can evolve.

It was Lv. 80 when the E4 was over.

BynineB
21st June 2009, 7:22 PM
Evolving makes it pointless, really; it's just as easy to beat the game with an Alakazam as it is with an Infernape, or a Empoleon. Doing something with poor stats makes it a good challenge, which is the whole point of the thing, anyway.

Miror B.
21st June 2009, 7:33 PM
Yup, I beat my Pearl using only a Bonsly once.

BynineB
21st June 2009, 7:33 PM
Yup, I beat my Pearl using only a Bonsly once.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Mattyz
21st June 2009, 8:31 PM
My friend beat the Diamond game with a Buizel I believe he got it up to lvl 96 or something :P

The King of Ho-oh's
21st June 2009, 10:09 PM
Evolving makes it pointless, really; it's just as easy to beat the game with an Alakazam as it is with an Infernape, or a Empoleon. Doing something with poor stats makes it a good challenge, which is the whole point of the thing, anyway.

Okay just asking. I think I will go play through with just a clampearl.

LegendaryRotom
22nd June 2009, 2:54 AM
Perhaps even a Kricketot!
Oh God. Now I want to try this. I did an only run with Kricketune once. Swords Dance and X-Scissor were my saving grace.
But, Perish Song was my trump card in the gyms. (use on last pokemon since you'll have HM slaves)
Even though it's fully evolved, Kricketune works like a NFE. Bad stats for the majority.

I recently did a run with Castform to. THAT was fun. Casty's moveset is great for single pokemon challenges.
Ice beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball/Water Pulse+Choice specs
when EV'ed is like having an entire sp.atk-based team in one pokemon! Supercell indeed!

Kreis
22nd June 2009, 3:01 AM
This was my idea. >:0

I've considered trying an only run with a Hoppip, that's a little bugger that would make the game challenging.

BynineB
22nd June 2009, 3:04 AM
I just beat Roark.

Nubble, level 17, Mega Drain/Growth/Water Sport/Stun Spore. :3

Good luck to everyone else.

Slap Bass♪
22nd June 2009, 3:19 AM
Wow, I've heard of mono-type challenges, but never only runs. I think I'll give it a go.

Lifeline
22nd June 2009, 4:05 AM
Its funny, I just beat the E4 on Diamond with a Lv 87 Togepi. It was really hard but also really fun and totally worth it. Metronome is god.

Dragonphantom
22nd June 2009, 4:15 AM
I wanna try with Cranidos. Good attack but horrible defenses would make it challenging. Or maybe a Pichu...I like Dunsparce as well.

ground tamer
22nd June 2009, 4:46 AM
I've done this before on both my fire red with a Beedrill, and in emerald with a Dustox. The only real challenge is the beginning up too the third gym, then its just smooth sailing from there.

I may actually do another solo run, but in this generation. Starly's been done before, as well as Shinx and Bidoof, so that leaves little choice for an early pokemon. The choice for me will be Onix on my Pearl.

Wish me luck?

I<3 You
22nd June 2009, 7:02 AM
I went with magikarp using only splash. Jk.

I did a poocheyena in pearl and hacked a level 5 shaymin and soloed. It's fun

Alloute
22nd June 2009, 7:03 AM
Now, I hope you know what an only run is, but if you don't, then I'll enlighten you. An only run is when you beat your game with only one Pokemon. You can also have some HM slaves, but they are not allowed to fight, with the exception of double battles. Now, here is where you brag about having beaten the game with one Pokemon, talk about your progress in this, or just request a good Pokemon to beat the game with.

For example; I am going to beat Pokemon Diamond with a Budew. I did it before, but I restarted the save file, and I cheated a bit, soo yeah. Also, by the way, this section is only for fourth generation only runs. So, have fun!

By the way.. it's really easy to beat the game with a fully evolved starter.. but try something difficult! Maybe a Bibarel, or a Starly? Perhaps even a Kricketot!

I've already tried that, in 2003 in Sapphire version.

Blaziken was at level 87 by the time I arrived in EverGrande...

I have not tried in DP however...

Elite Four Muadita
22nd June 2009, 7:31 AM
I wanna try with Cranidos. Good attack but horrible defenses would make it challenging. Or maybe a Pichu...I like Dunsparce as well.

Its funny you should mention dunsparce since thats what im planning for an Italina file i just got my hands on :P

HAIL THE MIGHTY ;206;

Kreis
22nd June 2009, 7:35 AM
I try to avoid evolving my only run Pokemon, I find it challenging using a 1st stage Pokemon. And it's kinda fun too. :P

League
22nd June 2009, 8:36 AM
I don't feel like restarting Diamond, as I've already spent forever looking for a good Wooper and am still looking for a good Wooper. (Who btw I guess has potential for an only run, 2 immunities, and only 1 weakness, who can heal mid-battle, and can hold a Grass-weakening berry. It also has Amnesia to give it a decent Sp. Def.) If I get Platinum though, I will try this with a Rivalry-Luxray. He'd be real strong against those his gender, weak against those not, barring Attract.

Crobat would be a doozy. The fossils would be fun, especially packing potions for Rampardos. As well, I could see a No Guard Bulk-Up Machoke doing decently. Golduck would probably be a breeze for it. Wormadam: that may be a good one, somewhat challenging maybe, unassuming Steel Cloak--Ground Cloak may be a moderate path. Now, Pachirisu would be a great one. I could see Floatzel kicking butt, as could many Water types. Cherrim would be interesting. Gastrodon would be easy I guess, especially with egg moves Counter/Mirror Coat. Ambipom could easily kick butt. Drifblim could do well, especially with Unburden for sweeping and Natural Gift being cheap. Lopunny would actually do decent. Mismagius with Will-o-wisp would be too easy. Honchkrow would be easy too. Purugly I think would do surprisingly well. Seaking would be hard due to lacking movepool. Whiscash would be real easy, especially if it packed Spark. Chimecho: there'd be a modest challenge.

Skuntank: easy. Medicham: real easy. Bronzong: easy real early on, due to type; harder later, as attack types become more varied; then, easy, as Bronzong comes. Rapidash: easy. Bonsly, upon reviewing its stats, could do it well enough, as could Mime Jr. (Someone did it already with Bonsly I suppose, so eh.) Clefable could easily do it with Magic Guard and Life Orb. Chatot would be fun. Pikachu would be easily possible, but not so original. Noctowl would probably be easy if the right tutors were involved. Muchlax could do it, and would look great meanwhile. Heh, Unown would be great, as long as it isn't HP Water/Electric/Poison/Fighting/Normal/Psychic/Ghost/Fire/Ground, as there'd be things it couldn't hit, or HP Steel/Grass/Ice/Bug/Rock/Dark as there'd be things it'd take a million years to kill. It'd have to be Dragon or Flying. Riolu could do it, even if it was just a FEAR strat. Shockwave sets Pelipper apart I suppose. Girafirig would be easy as would Hippowdon. Hippopotas itself would be real easy, between Eathquake, Toxic, Endure/Protect, and something for Lucian's Bronzong.

Azumarill could bring some heat. Drapion could too, possibly even Skorupi. Toxicroak, no question, but Croagunk could possibly do it too. Carnivine would probably get screwed over by Lucario, although a Sub-seeder would kick major potookus I guess. Octillery has the odd movepool, easy enough. Lumineon could do it, but it lacks luster: it'd bore me. Tentacruel would be ridiculously easy to do it with should your rival not have an Empoleon--though Tentacruel could match that easily (slowly thoug)h, having great Sp Def. Mantyke could do it easily, especially if it lacks having to fight Empoleon. Snover could maybe do it. Sneasel could definetly do it.

From Platinum's Sinnoh Dex, Gligar could easily do it, Nosepass could maybe do it, Kirlia's evos undoubtedly, Lickitung most certainly, Eevee if used correctly (Adaptability, poisoned, full health at the start of the battle, Facade), to say nothing of its evos, Altaria most likely, Togetic without a doubt, Houndour possibly, Magneton assuredly, Tangela possibly, Tangrowth definetly, Yanma easily, Yanmega even more easily, Tropius if utilizing Natural Gift Fire 80, not Rhydon but yes Rhyperior, Duskull possibly, and definetly Dusknoir or Dusclops, any Porygon, Scizor surely, Scyther maybe, Electabuzz/Magmar and up definetly, Piloswine and up definetly, very littly but possibly Snorunt if built somewhat like Walrein--must utilize Hail and probably must change TMs constantly. Absol, easily, though I may be biased there.

I did this with a Hitmonlee in Yellow, though I didn't really pay it much thought. Anyway, should I get Platinum, I'll be very excited to do this. I might just constantly restart and obtain the legendaries over and over, each time ripping through the game with one pokemon.

Jun's Heracross
22nd June 2009, 4:18 PM
I did one with a farfecth'd level 98 after e4 swords dance is a life saver then with poison jab night slash and air slash i just about managed to do it with a couple of full restores and revives. never again though.

Escape Reality
22nd June 2009, 4:52 PM
i haven't actually tried this, but i think i will try it once i finish playing through. ;)

Narutopokedude
22nd June 2009, 5:07 PM
Hmm, I wonder if a F.E.A.R. rattata would work for this.

The Flash
22nd June 2009, 5:57 PM
Hmm, I wonder if a F.E.A.R. rattata would work for this.

That is plausible, but not efficient. That would be funny though. I think a Haunter would be interesting.

Escape Reality
22nd June 2009, 8:28 PM
i wonder if i'd make it on just using a munchlax or starly or lopunny?

Sephiroth_Strife
23rd June 2009, 12:38 AM
I'd try this if I got Platinum, which I hope to soon.
I'm a little confused though. How do you do this with Pokemon found only later in the game? Trade them from a different version, at a low level, to the Only Run file?

tom-tom
23rd June 2009, 1:35 AM
i did it with empoleon once

Kreis
23rd June 2009, 1:38 AM
I'm a little confused though. How do you do this with Pokemon found only later in the game? Trade them from a different version, at a low level, to the Only Run file?

If it's breed-able, that is preffered. For me atleast. That way the Pokemon will listen to me if I hatch it in the Only Run file.

JustinConnor
23rd June 2009, 2:40 AM
The region dexes prevent me from doing this with the pokes I'd like to.

#TWERKTEAM
23rd June 2009, 3:02 AM
the region dex doesnt matter the poke that isnt in the sinnoh dex just comes up as ??? for its number

foxyman1167
23rd June 2009, 3:11 AM
The region dexes prevent me from doing this with the pokes I'd like to.

Actually they don't. In both Diamond/Pearl and Platinum, it is possible to use Pokemon outside the regional pokedexs for some reason. I couldn't believe it either, but try it.

sitekickdude1432
23rd June 2009, 3:31 AM
i once did a run with only a geodude and i gave it an everstone so it wouldent evolve :) it was lvl 92 when i beat the e4

Escape Reality
23rd June 2009, 5:27 AM

yeah. though starly you can catch right off the bat, so excluding the beginning you could use a starly. though it'll be hard beating the first gym right away, i think...

Volt of Noid
23rd June 2009, 7:15 AM
I'll admit I've done it with my Blaziken in emerald...but thats not the point.

In diamond, I think I might try with a bidoof...I reckon the lady at the poke centers gonna get real mad and kick me out for healing after every battle. LOL.

Escape Reality
23rd June 2009, 3:47 PM
I'll admit I've done it with my Blaziken in emerald...but thats not the point.

In diamond, I think I might try with a bidoof...I reckon the lady at the poke centers gonna get real mad and kick me out for healing after every battle. LOL.

a bidoof huh? i think you're the only person who's trying a run only with that pokemon, because i don't know many people who like bidoof. XD

ArmorAndonomon
23rd June 2009, 5:05 PM
Bidoof/Bibarel are A LOT better than most people think.
:/

Short Wing
23rd June 2009, 10:03 PM
I did this when I first played Diamond, I used my old pal Buizel :D and I remember it being in the 80's when I beat the elite four, but then I restarted with an actual team.

Escape Reality
23rd June 2009, 10:57 PM
Bidoof/Bibarel are A LOT better than most people think.
:/

huh... well i actually never use mine except as an HM slave and when in need of reviving a pokemon, i put this pokemon in.

anyway, back to the point; i'm thinking of trying with a piplup and not evolving it at all... :\

foxyman1167
23rd June 2009, 11:00 PM
I'm thinking about one in Diamond for either Gallade, Rhyperior, Pikachu, or Kingdra.

On topic, I've done solo runs with Blastoise in FR, Starmie, Dragonite, and Snorlax on three seperate LG files, Feraligatr on Silver, Blaziken on Ruby, and Swampert on Emerald. I'm actually in the middle of a solo run on my Emerald with a Ralts.

BynineB
23rd June 2009, 11:22 PM
I'm thinking about one in Diamond for either Gallade, Rhyperior, Pikachu, or Kingdra.

On topic, I've done solo runs with Blastoise in FR, Starmie, Dragonite, and Snorlax on three seperate LG files, Feraligatr on Silver, Blaziken on Ruby, and Swampert on Emerald. I'm actually in the middle of a solo run on my Emerald with a Ralts.

Those are all fairly wimpy, except for Ralts and Pikachu. Fully evolved, strong Pokemon take little skill to beat the game with. In fact, beating the game with a fully evolved starter isn't an Only Run at all. :/

TheWallstreetJournal
24th June 2009, 12:20 AM
I'm about to try and do an only run with a Houndour :) wish me luck. i'm probably going to get rocked by the 2nd (maybe?) E4 person that has all ground-types though :/

Escape Reality
24th June 2009, 12:23 AM
good luck! :D just bring a LOT of hyper potions and revives and make sure houndour's at a pretty high level. ;)

BynineB
24th June 2009, 12:28 AM
I'm about to try and do an only run with a Houndour :) wish me luck. i'm probably going to get rocked by the 2nd (maybe?) E4 person that has all ground-types though :/

Good luck! Houndour is really pretty beastly, though, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Except for Roark. That might be tough..

League
24th June 2009, 8:01 AM
With Houndour, pick Piplup as the main pokemon, to make for easy rivals. Nothing resists Dark 4x Sinnoh-side, so you could probably do with that as the only offensive type.

Raesa
24th June 2009, 9:20 AM
I wanna try it as well, but I don't know wich one.. I love phanpy and sandshrew.. xD or sentret ^^
My favorite is Raichu though, but that's an evolution xD

RYKUU
24th June 2009, 9:41 AM
I must try this with my up-coming Platinum.

mudkip master
24th June 2009, 10:13 AM
i've got a good ider What about a machop?

RYKUU
24th June 2009, 10:21 AM
seems like it could work, i was thinking something like Poliwag or slowbro.

BynineB
24th June 2009, 11:49 AM
Note that you would have to hack for a lot of these; it only counts as an only run if you obtain the Pokemon before the first gym.

Raesa.. try a Pichu, maybe?
RYKUU, you could try Slowpoke.

Alloute
24th June 2009, 12:04 PM
I did it.

I restarted Pearl and I beat it with Pikachu in a day. Going to try using Piplup next.

Kreis
24th June 2009, 12:11 PM
I think I'm going to try Meowth. I think that's the only Pokemon I have never used.

Zeddokun
24th June 2009, 12:14 PM
I did a run with only Feraligatr on Silver and one with Swampert on Emerald.
I was doing a Piplup run on Diamond, but my cousin screwed that up... >:l
I guess I'll try a run with Turtwig this time.

Digitized
24th June 2009, 1:30 PM
Hmmm, I really want to try this with a Munchlax or a Nidoran M.

If someone could do this with legitly with a Beldum I'd give them a free shiny Dratini or shiny Ninetales. No lie.

BynineB
24th June 2009, 4:11 PM
Hmmm, I really want to try this with a Munchlax or a Nidoran M.

If someone could do this with legitly with a Beldum I'd give them a free shiny Dratini or shiny Ninetales. No lie.

Heh, that would be fairly easy in Platinum. Just go to the move tutor. Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, and Iron Defense!~

The Flash
24th June 2009, 4:39 PM
Heh, that would be fairly easy in Platinum. Just go to the move tutor. Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, and Iron Defense!~

NOW HE KNOWS! how are we going to get our free dratini's? Oh well, no big deal

Sceptile Master
24th June 2009, 4:49 PM
Let's have somebody do it with just a Shuckle. That would be entertainig.

Digitized
24th June 2009, 5:01 PM

Oh wow, really?

That's a jip.

WELL, if someone does it in /Diamond/ or /Pearl/ I'll be happy to give you a shiny Adamant Dratini 8D

Edit:

Flash, I'm a girl by the way xD

BynineB
24th June 2009, 5:25 PM
The hardest run ever would be Kricketot in Diamond or Pearl.

ANNOYING AS FACK, EH?

Escape Reality
24th June 2009, 5:32 PM

i was thinking of trying this with a beldum. now i know what moves i should teach it. ;)

sasukeanditachi
24th June 2009, 5:57 PM
i do this each new game i get
blue-squirtle
yellow-pidgeot
silver-cyndaquil
ruby-wurmple
saphire-zubat
emerald-treeco
diamond-starly
pearl-bidoof
now im getting soul silver as a preorder the day they start who should i do

Raesa
24th June 2009, 6:20 PM
Note that you would have to hack for a lot of these; it only counts as an only run if you obtain the Pokemon before the first gym.

Raesa.. try a Pichu, maybe?
RYKUU, you could try Slowpoke.

Neh, I like raichu but don't like his preevolutions.. xD I'll see about what I'm going to do.. xD

Digitized
25th June 2009, 4:22 PM
So I got Plat yesterday and I started today with the Shiny Elekid I caught Tuesday night.

It's doubly hard because half the time he won't listen to me lD;

Training him to fight Roark now.

Blivsey
25th June 2009, 4:35 PM
I used to do this unintentionally with my starters. On the other hand, my Blaziken in Sapphire came out of it at level eighty-something. Once you get to the point where the gap between your Pokémon's level and the opponents' is big enough, it becomes a cakewalk, regardless of typing, just so long as you always have moves available that are always at least type-neutral.

TurtwigFan1
25th June 2009, 4:40 PM
I might do a Pearl Turtwig run. Or maybe catching six Pokémon, but never evolving them. Still quite challenging!

foxyman1167
25th June 2009, 4:41 PM
I might do a 6 member team with Bibarel xD in all seriousness.

Raesa
25th June 2009, 5:09 PM
I've decided to go with giraferig. ^^ Through platinum. I hope I'll get there eventually. xD

Umbreon-dana
25th June 2009, 6:03 PM
Sounds like fun, I may try this on my Platinum.

I'm going to go with either Lotad or Psyduck, depending on whether or not the Dongle Method works Pre E4/Nationa Dex. I'm still going to catch Giratina and Uxie and Mesprit and Azelf and whatnot, of course. ^_^

frozenthunder
25th June 2009, 8:27 PM
sounds like a fun challenge i think i will try it when i finish the game on my diamond i will have to think on what pokemon i will use though

BynineB
25th June 2009, 8:31 PM
sounds like a fun challenge i think i will try it when i finish the game on my diamond i will have to think on what pokemon i will use though

You will use a Shinx.

The Flash
25th June 2009, 9:14 PM
i'm planning on getting platinum soon. i might do this when i first get it. But i'm going to use a fully evolved pokemon. What are the thoughts on a donphan? or a garchamp T.T

BynineB
25th June 2009, 9:31 PM
i'm planning on getting platinum soon. i might do this when i first get it. But i'm going to use a fully evolved pokemon. What are the thoughts on a donphan? or a garchamp T.T

Fully evolved Pokemon are not a challenge to beat the game with. Unless they're extremely bad. (Beedrill much?)

The Flash
25th June 2009, 9:37 PM
Fully evolved Pokemon are not a challenge to beat the game with. Unless they're extremely bad. (Beedrill much?)

But garchamp isn't that good of a pokemon.

Seriously though, i might try it with roselia. or maybe an eevee.

Digitized
25th June 2009, 11:51 PM
But garchamp isn't that good of a pokemon.

Seriously though, i might try it with roselia. or maybe an eevee.

Lolwhut?

Garchomp is friggin' amazing.

It /is/ an uber after all.

Eevee would be cool, and it has adaptability and all so it would get a boost from.

Sharks Shouldn't Fly
26th June 2009, 12:34 AM
I've never done this, and I probably never will.
But if that ever changes, I would like to do it with Jigglypuff. I know it's kind of a crappy Pokemon, but I still love it. T^T My second choice would me Gastly/Haunter.

Kreis
26th June 2009, 5:17 PM
I've never done this, and I probably never will.
But if that ever changes, I would like to do it with Jigglypuff. I know it's kind of a crappy Pokemon, but I still love it. T^T My second choice would me Gastly/Haunter.

You have the right idea. The point of an only run is to use weak or non-evolved Pokemon.

Digitized
26th June 2009, 5:44 PM
Well, I seem to have hit a snag here...

My Elekid can't beat the second gym... at all. He won't listen to me, so it makes it hard for me to get hits in on the grass Pokes, and then he doesn't have /any/ moves that aren't not very effective on them.

Would it be cheating if I traded him over to my sister's Plati and Move Tutored Ice Punch on him? >w>;

Shadwx13
26th June 2009, 5:48 PM
It all depends on how much of a challenge you want to give yourself.
When I did single pokemon runs I would just send over the egg at the beginning so i wouldn't have the problem of them not listening to me.

Digitized
26th June 2009, 8:01 PM
It all depends on how much of a challenge you want to give yourself.
When I did single pokemon runs I would just send over the egg at the beginning so i wouldn't have the problem of them not listening to me.

I wanted to use the shiny Elekid I just chained on Diamond, so I couldn't really breed for that xD;

I think I might... I'unno. *frustration*

Shadwx13
26th June 2009, 8:25 PM
I wanted to use the shiny Elekid I just chained on Diamond, so I couldn't really breed for that xD;

Ah i see... Choosing whether to give your Elekid ice punch is still up to you. It doesn't matter if anyone else considers it cheating, it's just about how hard you want to make this run for yourself.

The Flash
26th June 2009, 9:41 PM

I would transfer it. Consider it evening the odds, after that it should be smooth sailing.

prince_je07
27th June 2009, 2:37 AM
Only run..hmmm never tried it on diamond/pearl

but I tried it with typhlosion before in Gold..until the elite 4 is beaten I only have Typhlosion in my team (of course with HM slaves but not allowed for battle)

Tadashi
27th June 2009, 8:03 AM
I thought of doing an only run with Aipom, or maybe with the random shiny Buizel I found in Diamond. I imagine it'd be hella difficult, because I'm used to having a full team. But it could be fun.

tom-tom
27th June 2009, 10:26 PM
i do only runs when i want to beat the game fast

Blazios
27th June 2009, 10:30 PM
I imagine it'd be hella difficult, because I'm used to having a full team.

It's generally easier, actually. The one Pokémon gets all the EXP that would normally be shared out, so it ends up ridiculously overpowered.

I just beat the Elite 4 in LG with a Clefairy (well, I evolved it before I fought the rival, but I still used Clefairy for pretty much the entire game). It ended up at about Level 80, and that's from just beating the trainers, no wild Pokémon, as well as skipping several areas.

glowing_light010
27th June 2009, 10:35 PM
i beat my emerald game withjust my handy-dandy squirtle ^_^
by the end of the elite 4, its level was 88
& its attacks were surf, ice beam, skull bash & return.

i havent done an only run in a while.
i think i might try it again!

here i come platinum!; with my ninetales :D

Totokip
29th June 2009, 2:13 AM
I wanna try with Cranidos.[/QUOTE]i did craniados in diamon after training it to level 38 and when i was done it was
like level60 or so i named it SKULLHEAD when i revived in diamond.another i had used buneary i loved it's recover (tm) and endure it worked best with garchomp

Louispierce
29th June 2009, 9:16 AM
This is a good idea i may have to try this with my Croagunk

masterleo
29th June 2009, 3:08 PM
I want to try this, but I don't want to lose my data. So I'm going to do an unsaved run in pearl, any suggestions?

Digitized
29th June 2009, 3:11 PM
I want to try this, but I don't want to lose my data. So I'm going to do an unsaved run in pearl, any suggestions?

Use a Bidoof c: *shot*

BynineB
29th June 2009, 3:11 PM

Onix.
Quite a bit harder than you would think.

CombeeKing
29th June 2009, 8:04 PM
I'm Not Sure Wich One I Should Use,

A Skitty
Or A Riolu

Kreis
29th June 2009, 8:08 PM
I'm Not Sure Wich One I Should Use,

A Skitty
Or A Riolu

Skitty, make it challenging. :]

Alloute
29th June 2009, 8:10 PM
Ah darn, I was on one of these Only Runs on Platinum with Oddish, I failed, I restarted, it is too much for Alloute :/

CombeeKing
29th June 2009, 9:16 PM
Skitty, make it challenging. :]

Okaay, Thanks, But I Might Also Do A Male Combee, REALLY Challenging. =]

;300; = Mildly Challenging.
;415; = Really Hard.

Totokip
30th June 2009, 1:33 PM
;078;vs;415;= tough
Okaay, Thanks, But I Might Also Do A Male Combee, REALLY Challenging. =]

;300; = Mildly Challenging.
;415; = Really Hard.

yeah it'll be really hard with only gust and sweet scent! how're you even gonna get past flint with only a combee anyway?

jorisw
30th June 2009, 3:54 PM
I want to do an only run in platinum, but I don't know which pokemon I should take. Do you guys have any suggestions?

BynineB
30th June 2009, 4:09 PM
I want to do an only run in platinum, but I don't know which pokemon I should take. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Hmm...

How about Roselia?

Melloyu
4th July 2009, 11:31 AM
I'm gonna use a slowpoke :D

(s.i.e)
6th July 2009, 12:15 PM
i just happen to beat my game with a raichu, i must say i had quite some stuff to deal with especially at the first gym due to the still low level and low effectiveness against my opponents.

however later in the game it was do-able. if super effective is not on the list availables i levelgrind untill it won't matter anymore, i got up to level 100 thanks to the lucky egg raichu was carrying. it is a very helpful item for things like this.

Ellie
6th July 2009, 7:49 PM
Moving to My DP Games.

The Mighty Wurmple
20th July 2009, 10:05 AM
Just beaten the Elite 4 on my Kricketune-only run, is that as far as I need to go? I was going to start a new game on my Leaf Green, and it would be great to know if I can start now.

RayRay
20th July 2009, 5:27 PM
Thinking about doing a Solo Run using Heracross. Never done one before, so want to give myself some sort of fighting chance haha!

Xhirachu
23rd July 2009, 1:28 PM
Never heard of this before, but it sounds interesting. I would try it, but I don't want to restart and lose my event pokemon. (I've had the game over a year and still haven't beat it yet anyways. Might as well do that first. XD)

Bestemnx
27th July 2009, 12:39 AM
Wow, I've never actually heard of this before. Sounds like a ton of fun. A challenge, but fun. I'll have to give this a try on Ruby. Maybe with a Ralts or Mudkip or something.

I've always wanted to try to beat a game with only a team of Fire Pokemon or Water. Fire would be hard since there's hardly any of them.

I would really love to do this with a Flareon but no Eevees at the beginning of the game. ]: Man, times like this I wish my Pokemon XD was still working.

Typhlosion Trainer
27th July 2009, 6:58 AM
I never tried this before, but I might do it some time in the future.

Lempika
3rd August 2009, 2:10 PM
I'm restarting my Pearl tonight, so I'll have a go now. I want to use an Eevee, but...

Maybe a Starly, or a Bidoof. But they've been used before. Hmmmm.

I would like it to be challenging, but at the same time I want to actually like the pokemon and enjoy my run. I'll probably just stick with Piplup.

UmbreonLord
3rd August 2009, 7:50 PM
I did something similar with my game. I ran through with a team of pokemon that I wouldn't let evolve like a level 54 chimchar :P and buizel

Lempika
4th August 2009, 7:36 AM
Ok, I've decided to play with Bidoof. Wish me luck. I'll probably keep updating every so often, if I'm allowed.

RayRay
8th August 2009, 7:42 PM
Doing a Solo Run with Heracross atm.

Adamant
Rock Slide
Megahorn
Nightslash
Brick Break

Rockslide is SO USEFUL early game! And great in the double battles. Haven't had any problems so far. About to defeat Maylene at Hearthome. Heracross is level 39.