PDA

View Full Version : How many tries?

freakyboy05
21st June 2009, 3:04 PM
I'm at deep dark crater and it almost seems impossible to defeat Darkrai and it's already hard enough to get there. I have gotten to Darkrai four times and every time Cresselia dies. I'm not asking if there is an easier method to defeat his army, I just want to know how many tries did it take to other people.
My team is:
Charmander level 65
Pikachu level 65
Cresselia level 47
I always go for Rhyperior first since he has Lightningrod ability making Pikachu almost useless, maybe that's my mistake :D
Also I don't have Reviver Seeds (can't find any).
I want to know if I really suck or if this is normal.

Sapphire Phoenix
21st June 2009, 4:38 PM
When I first played my Japanese EoT, it must have taken me over 20 times to beat Darkrai, since I'd always die by poison or fire (I was a Turtwig)

But in EoT, I knew what I was up against, and I beat him on the first try... plus I had 20+ Reviver Seeds :D

Sweeney Todd
21st June 2009, 4:57 PM
I actually beat this entire dungeon on my first try. Probably since my partner (Chimchar) and I (Turtwig) were already in the 70s (level-wise).

KingRaichu
21st June 2009, 5:09 PM
I'd recommend this
First off, start by Stun Seeding Darkrai and make sure Pikachu doesn't have Discharge (if Darkrai wakes up u'll be in trouble). Then, carry at least 8 Reviver Seeds. These can be found on missions, at the Kecloen Mart, or you could use a wondermail generator to Prospect for Reviver Seeds and with a Reviver seed as a Prize. In fact, here you go...

CKR& S7M6 34@2
47HF HHRH J&2M

NC=& M-+= 7F-J
+1W& WSR# M+2@

H6RQ X2J- 1+%7
H-%4 09WR %&KP

use those, they will get you 6 Reviver Seeds in total...
Good Luck man...
EDIT: oh yeah, this is kinda normal, actually. Myy first time around it took me like 5 tries. My current game took only 1 try, but I cut it very close. Have Reviver Seeds handy, that's my only tip...Oh, aslo, make sure you use lots of Gummis on your Pokemon. If one of them can have a Protector ability, it comes in really useful. Also, make them hold Oran Berries if ur confident in your stats.

Yellow Aura
21st June 2009, 8:11 PM
This is a hard level. I don't know for sure, but it probaly did take me over 10 tries. I know I went back to Treasure Town for a while, doing missions for Reviver Seeds. I finnaly beat him when my partner, (Pikachu, and I was a Totodile) after Darkrai using like a million Double Teams, landed a lucky Iron Tail on him and he fainted.

sunkirby
21st June 2009, 8:22 PM
first try...it was easy my only struggle was pikachu was using discharge so i had to kill rhyperior first
but i just had him spam agility so i could kill it then, he slaughtered em all with discharge, then i killed darkrai...didnt die once, andi had like 5 rev seeds...very easy.

Dragon Rules
21st June 2009, 9:15 PM
I only tried once. Me and my partner were both at lv 75+ at that time, so defeating Darkrai and his crew was fairly easy for me.

KingRaichu
21st June 2009, 9:19 PM
Also, using stuff like Link Moves might be effectoive. i had a Pikachu with me, and having a Link Move Agility comes in really helpful...

The Dean of Suds
22nd June 2009, 4:33 AM
1 try, I just stocked up on tons of reviver seeds.

Rakurai
22nd June 2009, 5:42 AM
Two.

Dark Void messed me up on the first attempt, but on the second attempt, I used a Stun Seed so I could get rid of the other Pokemon without having to worry about getting put to sleep.

Alloute
22nd June 2009, 5:44 AM
One try.

I am a beast, it took one try and it was not that hard :/

Short Wing
23rd June 2009, 7:02 AM
Just one,

I remember this, and training to an insanely high level for the time before going in since both me and my partner (Pika and Cynda) are weak to the wild poke's surrounding Darkrai, but I had plenty of items to help too. ^_^

Yuppirox
24th June 2009, 2:04 AM
Around 2-5 times on my first time. D: I know. Probably 3 times at the least, though. I had Pikachu and Piplup. (Original team, ain't it?=D) Pika had discharge, though... It was pretty easier on the second time, though. :D

Raikou_fan
24th June 2009, 6:02 AM
I made it through with one try on my first trip. I was Charmander, my partner was treecko, and there was cresselia. Charmander and treecko were both in their 60s, I don't remember cresselia. Anyway I just stun seeded darkrai, and proceeded to pick off his army. I needed one or two reviver seeds, but otherwise it went off without any problems.

Shadow Tepi 8
24th June 2009, 10:26 AM
It took me two tries to get through that dungeon. Me (Torchic) and my partner (Mudkip) were both on Lv. 49. We made it to Darkrai but Cresselia was defeated that first time.

We were lucky the second time and beat him without using any reviver seeds :)

sweet_piplup123
24th June 2009, 2:25 PM
once.

I was well stocked up on healing items, and I was lv 60 at the time.

growlithe_master
25th June 2009, 1:40 AM
it took me a bajillion tries to defeat that stupid meanie! i dont really know why, me and my partner were both in our 60's. it took me so many tries, that i stopped playing the game for a while. then, i picked it up again, tried again, and i beat him. its funny actually, since i did the EXACT same thing with palkia, losing a bunch, stopping playing, playing again, beating it.

(s.i.e)
25th June 2009, 2:05 PM
1 try. long live lever grind, it is a patient job but at least it is failproof.

AstralEon
25th June 2009, 5:14 PM
1 try for me.

Any first experienced battles I do I come up with a strategy before I make a move. I knew Darkrai was going to be a pain so I distracted him with a few seeds while me and my team go for his minions. I made sure I had a clear shot of Darkrai when attacking his minions so that way when the seed effects are off I just simply throw another one.

For doing this, I've yet to see his signature move; Dark Void. So I really don't know how it looks like ._.

Red Globe
25th June 2009, 5:33 PM
I made my Pokemon do a Golden Seed training - I can't even get to Darkrai now. xD Can anyone help?

I made twenty + tries, never got to Darkrai though I'm level 100.

Jirachi-Girl
25th June 2009, 8:13 PM
I defeated Darkrai in my previous game,but I deleted it.(I was Jirachi and Ellen was Mew,Action Replay).We sent him on vacation to slumberland with Sleep Seeds till we killed his goons.He used Double Team so much,I couldn't hit him.But I did eventually.

Affirmative
25th June 2009, 9:59 PM
I don't remember clearly, but I think first try.

Brumrha
25th June 2009, 10:26 PM
If I remembered correctly, I only needed one try in order to kill Darkrai.

I had a team that's similar to yours, TC, except I had Treecko instead of Pikachu. All I had to do is incapacitate Darkrai with a status seed, then took out all of his minions, making sure I keep an eye out on Darkrai. At that point, keeping Cressilia alive was the least of my problems; matter of fact, she actually had to take some punishment for my Treecko, until he got a Giga Drain on one of them; that managed to kill one of his minions & got him back on his feet. Once everyone else is dead, killing Darkrai was a piece of cake, especially since I have Nonsleeper.

No ressurrection seeds & Assault Rifle necessary.

calze6
26th June 2009, 10:38 AM
I just kept saving up reviver seeds until I got like 15. I then did it (I also used golden seeds lol).

rekreatur
26th June 2009, 1:46 PM
I dunno, probably around 7 times.

popcorn dragon
26th June 2009, 1:48 PM
I just still can't beat Darkrai and his minions.
Cresselia keeps fainting.

Torpoleon
28th June 2009, 2:52 PM
On my most recent file, it took me two tries. I ha loads of Reviver Seeds. The second time, I zoomed through the dungeon without wasting a Reviver Seed. (I was shocked!) At the end, Darkrai used Double Team a lot. After a long time, I remembered that I had the IQ Skill where your normal attacks never miss. Then, I won. I was a Turtwig with a Cyndaquil partner. Cyndaquil are helpful because of Smockscreen, same with Charmander.

Darkrai's Nightmare
28th June 2009, 4:18 PM
It took me like 30 times to beat him, and I think I was like lv 60. I only beat him because I scored something like 5 critical hits in a row. Sleep Seeding Darkrai helped a lot.

bardock the saiyan
28th June 2009, 4:51 PM
it took me more times than I can remember.
I was at lvl 75 with torchic and partner lvl 65.
my partner died the whole time or it was the creselia who died.
at the last time I became so angry that i started a new game.

suicune lover
30th June 2009, 8:29 PM
It took me one try
Just one, can't remember what happened though. Probably Sunny Day + Solar beam

Dragon of miracle
2nd July 2009, 7:19 AM
1 try. I have a lot of reviver seeds.

shuckle_master
19th July 2009, 7:46 PM
I still haven't beaten it 0.0
I've only acually made it to darkrai once but im a pikachu so rypherior's lightning rod abillity really messed me up.
I usually get killed by camarupts with their stupid ground moves.
>:(

Dramatic Melody
19th July 2009, 9:06 PM
Three tries. X-Eye Seed + Blinker Seed + Cyndaquil's Smokescreen + No Reviver Seeds + Gravelrocks that hit even with Double Team spam = win.

I was a Mudkip with a Cyndaquil partner btw. We were both below Level 50.

You can actually find Reviver Seeds in the 14 floors you have to pass through to get to Darkrai. I found 2 (which added to the three I already had) in my second try, but I still lost. x_X

Silent Conversation
19th July 2009, 10:26 PM
It wasn't very hard for me. I think I remember fainting once when I got to him, then trying again for the second time and beating him.

gyarados151
21st July 2009, 7:13 AM
both my torchic and piplup were at level 60, I just used an orb that stunned all pokemon then took them out one by one, finishing with darkrai

Lempika
21st July 2009, 11:11 AM
It took me once.

I used one sleep seed on darkrai, then I used dig (Pretty much a one hit kill) on the pokemon around me (I think it was Arbok and Rhypherior) then I just went around throwing items like gravel rocks (I had the IQ PowerPitcher, adds extra damage to thrown items, I did about 50 damage each throw) helping my team mates finish the others off.
Cresselia died once, but I had my one and only reviver seed so I was fine.
Then we beat the living daylights out of Darkrai.

Orangefeather
21st July 2009, 2:10 PM
1st time, cresselia died, The second time, I got to Darkrai, defeated all his minions, and then he had only double team and counter left. While I tried to hit him through DT, he eventually ran out.. So the only way he could attack me was countering. It took a while but I managed to beat him (though he countered the last hit and used my last reviver seed). That was a long battle though.. He was maybe three pp away from being out of moves.