PDA

View Full Version : If you had manual control over your teammates...

Brumrha
26th June 2009, 2:58 PM
Yeah, it's another one of those "what if" threads, but I can assure you that you were wondering the same thing as well.

I'm basically a control freak whenever it comes to my teammates in RPGs, & since PMD never gave you control over anyone else besides your team leader, I wasn't a happy camper, because the AI in this game is sucky.

So... What if you were able to manually control your teammates of your rescue force? I frankly have too many reasons to count as to why I would find this to be helpful...

Excitable Boy
26th June 2009, 3:15 PM
Well, it would've made my Mystifying Forest battle much more tolerable.

Adam used Water Gun!
Croagunk restored it's health!

Over and *ucking over again...

KingRaichu
26th June 2009, 8:28 PM
That would have been so much better...i wouldn't have had my Pikachu cats Dishcarge continuously when there was a character with LightningRod and waste it thoroughly...

Affirmative
26th June 2009, 10:31 PM
It would be better for me because my Swampert tries to use Water Pulse nonstop (even when it's out of PP). It's extremely annoying.

The move Water Pulse+1 cannot be used.

...and so on.

calze6
27th June 2009, 4:35 AM
My infernape won't run away and start attacking pokes with mirror move status.

sweet_piplup123
27th June 2009, 5:14 AM
...I would tell them to stop doing stupid things like using Hydro Pump on a Poliwhirl.

cptmyname
28th June 2009, 12:39 AM
I would make Spanky use quick attack when its actualy usefull
God i hate this experience...
OMG sandlash stopped using roll-out! quick, Spanky, use quick attack!
-blankly stares at wall-
Damn you Spanky!
ScratchCat fainted!

Btw Spanky=;025;, Scratchcat=;052;

(s.i.e)
28th June 2009, 1:47 PM
i would go play final fantasy instead. what is the point of this game if you have complete control all the time.

Alloute
28th June 2009, 1:49 PM
If that were possible, I'd be so happy.

I like being in control of the characters.

Torpoleon
28th June 2009, 3:46 PM
It would be better if you say into the mic of the DS what move that they already know that you want them to use. It would be so much better.

natrivv
29th June 2009, 10:09 PM
To the people with Pokemon who keep using the same moves over and over you can switch the moves off so their forced to use other moves, about your quick attack try changing the tatic to *Go after Foes* that would probly help

sasukeanditachi
29th June 2009, 10:25 PM
ninetails use ember on the vespiquen
*ninetails uses ember on ninetails
flash fire raises the power of fire type moves-
vespiquen used power gem on ninetails
its super effective
ninetails fainted
ninetails used ember on treeco
its super effective
treeco fainted
i was like omg idiot*faceplams*

suicune lover
30th June 2009, 9:25 PM
Its fun seeing what the do sometimes :<

Mudkip used Water Gun!
Water Absorb restored Vapoureons HP!

Mudkip used Earthquake!
Charizard (Team0mate) Was defeated!

Mudkip used Rain Dance!
Charmander used Sunny day!
Mudkip used Rain Dance!
Mudkip used Rain Dance!
..And so on.

I would just make them sensible :<

Kiba-Kun
1st July 2009, 12:32 AM
My Torchik partner was alot smarter than alot of your parnters...No offence.
But if you guys were facing a certain type of pokemon or you ran out of PP you can turn off some of your partners moves.

Kill.Mate.Repeat.
1st July 2009, 6:03 PM
Yeah, if you could control them, the game would be so much better. Discharge and Earthquake would stop being wasted / abused wrongly. I mean we can turn off the moves, but thats just too much work :/

But if we did have control it would take ages to get anywhere or acomplish anything.

Illusione-Tempus
2nd July 2009, 7:20 AM
Well it'll be fun, since I like recruiting and since my teammates kept on attacking foes nearby... So I turned off all their moves... but what's the point of bringing teammates if you don't use them? or in other words:

I step on a trap, then after a step forward, they, as usual, followed me and I ended up having a bunch of teammates with the trap effects... well Staraptor was handy with his Trap Avoider IQ but the others... sheesh...

rekreatur
2nd July 2009, 12:18 PM
They wouldn't step into a trap right after me.

sweet_piplup123
2nd July 2009, 1:53 PM

Too bad, they just did >.<

derekkoch
5th July 2009, 7:59 AM
I'd be happycause it's always
"turtwig layed a trap"
"a trap can't be laid here"
"turtwig laid a trap"
"a trap STILL can't be laid here"

Noheart
7th July 2009, 9:12 AM
The game wouldn't be the least bit of challenging, and I'd rip through it, taking advantage of my superior intelligence to crush any piece of data that stands in my way of doing... whatever the hell I'm trying to do at the time.

(s.i.e)
11th July 2009, 11:32 AM

oh yes the traps. i already find one hit a disaster, two of them would only increase the effect. it is but one of the reasons why this game is good as it is.

Calm PokeMaster
12th July 2009, 10:47 AM
It would be nice.For example:

Piplup used trawl orb.Stole items from a Kecleon Shop.Piplup used Pure Seed.
Warped to the exit!

Using that again and again..........

ChuklaeAquos
18th July 2009, 8:07 AM
If I had control over them, I would stop them from wasting there moves like Water Sport in a water dungeon, And there would be so many other things I would prefer them to do in monster houses and boss battles. That's what can think of off the top of my head. Oh and sometimes they constantly walk over traps, it gets quite frustrating >:(

48Elmaxo16
23rd July 2009, 9:09 AM
yes well it is incredibly annoying when they decide to be all heroic and use odour sleuth. but wait! the other dude hasn't up'ed his evasiveness at all! useless... and then they do it over and over and over again until the guy faints. and sometimes they continue doing so even after that happens...
i really hate when you're low on health and you're sneaking past a sleeping pokemon and they decide to use one of their stupid moves to wake it up and then you die.
my method of getting around that when i actually have to take them with me such as with move requirement dungeons i just promptly blow them up or throw rocks at them...