PDA

View Full Version : Completing the dex in Pearl/Platinum?

pandakabob
3rd July 2009, 10:54 PM
I've just recently taken seriously the idea of completing my pokedex after completing Platinum. I've already played Pearl, and I've gotten quite a bit of that dex completed as well.

I also spend a lot of time getting the wanted pokemon for Pokemon Ranch using both Platinum and Pearl, but as we all know since we haven't received an update to Pokemon Ranch here in the US I have to trade all of the pokemon that I find in Platinum to my Pearl card. (Luckily between the people living in my house I have multiple DSi's at my disposal) I use both games to try to catch the wanted pokemon because of mass outbreaks and the GTS.

Platinum obviously has a lot more pokemon from the National Dex in it, which I suppose really makes it easier to complete the dex in. Also, I guess there are a few more pokemon in Platinum than there are in Pearl.

So what I'm really wondering is if people have played both Pearl or Diamond and Platinum, and if they've been completing the pokedex what have you been doing? Are you completing both of them at the same time, or just one of them? And is there really a difference to you if one of them is filled and not the other? For example, since Platinum has more available pokemon in the game (without trading) do you personally feel any different about completing Platinum instead of Pearl? If you've completed one do you bother doing the other?

Just some things I had been thinking about, looking for a bit of an opinion here. Personally since I have to take the Pokemon through Pearl to put them on the ranch I've been building them both at the same pace, but I know sooner or later one of them is going to have to pull ahead, and I haven't really decided which would mean more to me to complete (first).

Grei
3rd July 2009, 11:17 PM
Since I got Diamond first and have been working on it for much longer, I'm only going to complete that one. I've been going on the GTS and using PokeRadar and talking about Swarms all this time, and I'm almost completed.

Personally, I'd rather not do that all again with Platinum.

Kukem
4th July 2009, 3:21 AM
I'm in the 400s in my Diamond game and like it was already mentioned above, I'd rather not do it all over again in Platinum. I have, however, been slowly bringing trained pokemon over to Platinum so my Dex is creeping its way up to filling. Who knows if I'll indirectly fill it just by making it my main game. Maybe.

Volt of Noid
4th July 2009, 3:52 AM
I hate to brag, but I've done mine 100% Legit. I needed my Diamond, my Emerald, my firered, and my friends traded me the rest form their Ruby/Sapphire/Leaf Green. I think the Cyndaquil I got from one of my friends was hacked though...either way I got my gold trainer card. No one belives me, its so sad. lol

Clank
4th July 2009, 12:18 PM
I hate to brag, but I've done mine 100% Legit. I needed my Diamond, my Emerald, my firered, and my friends traded me the rest form their Ruby/Sapphire/Leaf Green. I think the Cyndaquil I got from one of my friends was hacked though...either way I got my gold trainer card. No one belives me, its so sad. lol

But dont you have to get arceus to get gold star

correct me if im wrong

I have been thinking about getting all but arceus but first i gotta finish my team