PDA

View Full Version : The Pokemon Movies Club!!

Torpoleon
5th July 2009, 5:05 PM
In this club, you may talk about the very awesome Pokemon movies! There are 12 Pokemon movies that aired in Japan which can be discussed.

As with every club, this are the super important rules that you MUST follow:
1- Follow every solitary SPPF rule here.
2- Only discuss the following: Pokemon The First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back, Pokemon the Movie 2000- The Power of One, Pokemon 3 The Movie: Spell of the Unown, Pokemon 4Ever, Pokemon Heroes, Jirachi: Wish Maker, Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea, The Rise of Darkrai, Giratina and the Sky Warrior and Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime.
3- No bashing, trolling or flaming.
4- NO ONE LINERS! Unless if it contributes to the Pokemon Movies. Also, to me, ne lining is where a post does not go past one line, or is only one line and not even one word onto the next one. If you think differently, congrats. This is MY club.
5- USE PROPER GRAMMAR!(meaning no smiles and no saying things like 'so i herd u liek mudkipzzzzz')
6- Fan Art must relate to the movies and same with the topics.
7- NO POKEMON 13th MOVIE DISCUSSION UNTIL MORE INFO IS REVEALED!
8- Respect what people post.
9- Don't ask for co owner positions.
10- Don't stray of topic. I'll actually report you if you do. If you want to be annoying then do it somewhere else.
11- Do't argue with me! I think I know what I am doing so don't tell me how to do my job. I've run clubs before.
12- Have Fun!! If you aren't. PM/VM me why and we can work this out. If it is because of another member, report them.

I will hire a total of 1 co owner. When more and more people join, the number will increase. The people must be active here and not be rule breakers.

Consequences for breaking my rules:
1- 1st warning
2- 1 day ban
3- 1 week ban
4-1 month ban
5- Post is reported and PERMABAN!

How to join:
State your favorite movie, with a reason, without making it a one liner or breaking the rules. Ex. Hi! I would like to join. My favorite movie is Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime because it features the all powerful legendary, Arceus, with his sons, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, all fighting which makes the movie more interesting.

With the above on how to join, there will be NO topic called 'What is your favorite movie?' Also, if you copy what I did, you will get a warning.

Members:
Torpoleon- Owner
Shadow XD001 'Bro'- Member
ben_pokemon- Member
Mr. Joker- Member
Blackjack Gabbiani- Member
Arceusgamer14- Member
Elrade-Member
ashthe30th-Member
suicune lover-Member

Banned Members:
None!

Fan Art:
None!

Topics:
How many movies do you think there will be in Pokemon?
What is your least favorite movie and why?

Shadow XD001
5th July 2009, 6:34 PM
I would like to join. (it was a bad idea to change the color for the movie - I can't see purple) My favorite movie is movie 8 (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew) because we got to see Ash use Aura and every almost was gone for good.

Torpoleon
5th July 2009, 9:14 PM
You are in! I can see the colors on my background. besides, the colors represent the star Pokemon each movie's color. So, have fun!

I'll start everyone off with a new topic:

To me, it depends on how long Pokemon lasts. It is already going for Movie 13(which shall have no discussion until I say so)in Summer of 2010. The creators still are pretty young and will continue with Pokemon for a long time, so I see there being a lot of Pokemon movies.

Janovy
5th July 2009, 9:29 PM
May I join too. I was looking for this kind of thread :D
My favorite is movie Jirachi: The Wish Maker because it was so cute and it got along with Max nicely.

No one can say exactly, but I am sure there will be a tons of it. I recently heard of movie 13 which will be epic, I am sure of it. Pokemon will last for a long time.

Torpoleon
5th July 2009, 10:07 PM
You may join! Have fun here! Also, you guys can make topics. as much as you guys want for that matter. Topics bring life to clubs. Oh and I have been thinking hard if this club should have a mascot or not. What do you guys think?

Mr. Joker
6th July 2009, 6:45 AM
Can I join please? I love thbe Pokemon movies, I think that they are always better then the Anime itself. My favorite movie is Destany Deoxys, and Giratina and the Sky Warrior coming in very close second, but I have a feeling that movie 12 will be put in first.

Thanks ^^

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th July 2009, 8:38 AM
My favorite movie is Spell of the Unown (everyone seems to be surprised by this). I like it because it's a brilliant homage to the fantasy movies of the 1980s that I grew up on, and carries their compelling spirit wonderfully. Also, Molly was an interesting character--both villain and victim, queen and prisoner.

Although my favorite CHARACTER is Jirarudan from the second movie.

Torpoleon
6th July 2009, 12:14 PM
Can I join please? I love the Pokemon movies, I think that they are always better then the Anime itself. My favorite movie is Destiny Deoxys, and Giratina and the Sky Warrior coming in very close second, but I have a feeling that movie 12 will be put in first.

Thanks ^^Corrections in BOLD Well anyways, you are in! Have fun here and be sure to answer and make the topics!

My favorite movie is Spell of the Unown (everyone seems to be surprised by this). I like it because it's a brilliant homage to the fantasy movies of the 1980s that I grew up on, and carries their compelling spirit wonderfully. Also, Molly was an interesting character--both villain and victim, queen and prisoner.

Although my favorite CHARACTER is Jirarudan from the second movie.You are in! Have fun here and me sure to answer and make loads of topics!

Shadow XD001
6th July 2009, 12:36 PM
That depends on how long Pokemon takes. If the creators have kids and the creators die, they might have their kids (as adults) run Pokemon, so it can still go on.

Torpoleon
6th July 2009, 2:05 PM
Alright, we need a new topic. Let's also get some discussion going that is only about movies 1-12.
New topic:
None. They are all very great and it is hard to say which one is my least favorite.

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th July 2009, 4:04 PM
My LEAST favorite is 9. You know you're doing something wrong when the best scene in the film happens during the World of Pokemon sequence (which would of course be the parts with Rayquaza and the LoT Rockets).

Seriously, they set up May as being this Big Important Person, only to leave her in a torpedo while Ash runs off to be a Big Goddamn Hero even though he has no reason to take that role? And Phantom was a complete joke--if you want to make a funny villian, try making one who's, you know, actually funny. That "two kinds of people" thing--wtf. Jackie was boring as sin and the only redeeming thin about him was that in English he sounded like Zapp Brannigan from Futurama.
There's two small details they could have fit in that would have made it not suck *so* hard--if they'd said that Phantom was an ex-Aqua (it would have at LEAST given Kyogre The Hell Out of Nowhere a tone of dramatic irony), and if he'd been a member of the water tribe. Because their distinguishing characteristics are dark skin and blue hair, Phantom has dark skin and blue hair...and yet he's not one of them and never was? Pfft.

Torpoleon
6th July 2009, 7:57 PM
May did seem to be the star of Movie 9. I wish that she was not left in a torpedo. Phantom did seem to be annoying with that two kinds of people thing. It got irritating. I did like Jackie(meaning I thought he was pretty cool) and that it was cool to see a ranger in a movie.

Mr. Joker
8th July 2009, 2:04 AM

Movie 8 and Movie 9. I really hate them. Movie 8 Ash just had his emotional breakdown becouse one pokemon wouldn't like him. That just gets annoying. But Movie 8 had Mime Jr. I love the little guy. Movie 9 just was pure dumb, the plot was really expected. And I agree with all of B_G's points. Although I really liked the Cameo apperence that Rebecca had, with her Tyranitar. That was cool.

Blackjack Gabbiani
18th July 2009, 3:35 AM
Well, the fanclub I run on LJ just opened a site for our character of choice.
Behold! (http://www.zhoque.net/warewacollector/index.php) Ten years after the movie's release, a Jirarudan site!

So then I'll ask, since it *is* ten years and I have to make this not an ad post anyway. Did you get the Ancient Mew card or one of the Birds when you saw it in the theaters? That is, I'm assuming most of the people here are from a country where that was done anyway.

Arceusgamer14
18th July 2009, 3:50 PM
Hey guys, Can I join? Pokemon movies are epic & awesome. My favorite movies are:
Original series: Mewtwo, Lugia & Lati@s
AG: Jirachi, Lucario & Manaphy
DP: Darkrai & Shaymin.

I'm really excited for Arceus movie along with 13 with Ho-Oh & Luiga & 5th gen Pokemon?

Torpoleon
19th July 2009, 2:40 AM
You are in! Welcome! Have fun! Be sure to obey and the rules, be active and make/answer a lot of topics! My club needs more activity.

Arceusgamer14
19th July 2009, 11:25 PM
You are in! Welcome! Have fun! Be sure to obey and the rules, be active and make/answer a lot of topics! My club needs more activity.
Thank you very much! :D

Elrade
20th July 2009, 11:20 AM
Could I join? My favorite movie is Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

My least favorite movies? Gotta be the Rise of Darkrai. They have the perfect set-up: Dialga and Palkia are interrupted by an ancient force of darkness who very well could have been a terrifying villian.

And they go and make him have a crush on this stupid girl. ARGH. And it gets worse: Apparently, in Movie 12, Arceus wants to destroy the world because he was betrayed by someone. Yeah, they ruined the set-up where Darkrai could have started the whole trilogy by causing Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina to fight so they would tear apart the universe or kill Arceus, and then he would become God, only to be stopped by a revived Arceus. ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH. *Bangs head on wall*

If I was 21, I'd take a swig of beer right now.

Torpoleon
20th July 2009, 1:46 PM
To Arceusgamer14: Please don't one line.
To Elrade: You are in! Have fun! Be sure to answer/make loads of topics!

We need more topics, guys!

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th July 2009, 2:26 PM
Elrade, why ought Darkrai have been a villian? Granted, we need another movie where a pokemon is the villian, but why Darkrai in particular? If anything, Giratina would be better suited for the plot you describe, being the Renegade and all (which they never mentioned in its movie).

Torpoleon
20th July 2009, 5:29 PM
Darkrai would be the villain because it does look pretty evil. I like that they made it a good guy though. Giratina would be a cool villain if it battled against the other dragons. It was the dragons that battled Arceus though. Did we every find out how Dialga and Palkia accidentally met when they weren't supposed to in the Rise of Darkrai?

Atreus
21st July 2009, 3:59 AM
It was great. One of my friends managed to give me an Arceus from the movie. Its great.;493;

Torpoleon
21st July 2009, 11:47 AM
*sigh* Did you want to join? If you did, follow the rules! If you didn't, GET OUT! God, people aren't supposed to post here if they don't want to join. Even though I know newbies always make those dumb mistakes because they never read the rules.

Arceusgamer14
21st July 2009, 7:26 PM
None. But I guess the dubs from 1-5 because 4kids ruined them (No offense to anyone who liked the dub) I mean 4kids ruined them because:
Mewtwo movie: They skipped a very important part with Mewtwo & Amber (Ai in Japan) & they made a movie kid friendly with unfitting pop songs and BGM from a dark serious movie with cool & beautiful music including a very beautiful song Together with the wind.
Lugia movie: Meh it's okay I guess I don't have to say much, they replaced the music like I said & made Ash the "Chosen One".
Entei movie: Not much they just replaced the BGM.
Latias & Latios: They skipped the story of the legend of Latias & Latios and made up the story about an evil trainer trying to destroy the city but you get the ideal.
Sorry I had to go to 4kids topic but None of the Pokemon movie are my least favorite

Blackjack Gabbiani
21st July 2009, 9:17 PM
Ash was still a Chosen One in the Japanese version. Maybe not "the", but "a". And again in Japanese, they treated Melody like her role didn't matter.

The first movie's part with Ai made no sense and had nothing to do with the rest of the movie. It was in the best interest of continuity and plot that they cut it.

Mr. Joker
22nd July 2009, 9:42 AM
*sigh* Did you want to join? If you did, follow the rules! If you didn't, GET OUT! God, people aren't supposed to post here if they don't want to join. Even though I know newbies always make those dumb mistakes because they never read the rules

Give him a break, I know what your saying, but that is a little to harsh. You were new once to, ya know :/

Anyways, I have not read the plot summery on Pokebeach of movie 12 yet, and I don't think I will, I am going to wait until it comes to america....

Also, just a thing I liked, they are going to relece the Dialga TCG card that was used in Japan for Movie 11 in a box set here in america with the new TCG Set.... No one cares besides me *Sigh*

Torpoleon
22nd July 2009, 11:57 AM
I know, but members are supposed to read the rules. I have always done that. Jesus Christ! Besides, the member broke the no one lining rule which is not just my rule, it is the Club Rules! At least I never made newbie mistakes.

ashthe30th
22nd July 2009, 6:08 PM
Can i join? My favorite movie is Pokemon 4Ever because I love the scene with Celebi coming back to life.

Torpoleon
22nd July 2009, 6:34 PM
Read the rules. No one lining. Is that hard just to go to the first post of my club and read the god da*n rules? For gods sake! It is always newbies that make that mistake!!!!

ashthe30th
22nd July 2009, 6:48 PM
Sorry, because I'm new i don't know what one lining is.

Anyways can I still join. As you already know my favorite movie is Pokemon 4Ever because I love the scene with Celebi coming back to life.

Torpoleon
22nd July 2009, 10:26 PM
This seems better. Welcome! Have fun! Be sure to answer/make the topics! Also, if you have not done so, read my club's rules. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM/VM me.

ashthe30th
22nd July 2009, 10:45 PM
my least favorite movie would be Pokemon heroes,

Because why would Latios and Latias appear when ash and friends are in the johto region and not in the hoenn region were they really should be

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd July 2009, 1:29 AM
Oh my god, I've got half a mind to leave this club right now if that's going to be the head's attitude. You've yet to define "one lining", and when you screamed at this person, they'd said TWO sentences.

Torpoleon
23rd July 2009, 12:39 PM
It's my club! If you ant to leave then fine! I can't have people doing one lining because it gets my club closed. I'm the owner, so deal with it. I'm just trying to make sure that this club stays open.

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th July 2009, 10:32 AM
Don't SCREAM at people for it. And you still haven't said what "one lining" is nor responded to that the last person you yelled at for it said TWO sentences.

Mr. Joker
24th July 2009, 11:15 AM
Oh my lord. Torpleon, it does not help your couse of not one lining when you one line. Seriously, it is commen sense. I will end up reporting if it doesn't stop :/

Anyways, back on topic, I was thinking about going out and buying the first movie today, they cell the DVD and they have the Mewtwo card inside of it still to so I am super happy about that.

suicune lover
24th July 2009, 11:35 AM
Hiya, can I join?

My favorite movie was Pokemon 4 ever, I just loved the plot, and there were so many unexpected twists, like at the end when you think evething is alright, but Masked whatever grabs a jet pack and takes Celebi. And Sammy Oak was cool too.
And the Dark Balls were awsome. And the Evil guy was actually.....Evil. >D

Power of one is a close second though. I liked the music, Lugias song, and the Talking slowpoke. I don't know why Ash gets all the crdit though, Melody was he one who played the song to heal Lugia. All ash did was colect some Glass Balls :/

Adding to your 1-liner discution, I think the rule should be like this:

9. NO ONE LINE POSTS. Unless it contributes something to the conversation that is important and interesting.

Torpoleon
24th July 2009, 12:03 PM
Blackjack Gabbiani and Mr. Joker, just forget about it and move on, please. Everything is now under control.
To suicune lover: You are in! Hmm about the one lining, that seems good. I am changing that rule up, so you guys need ti look at it.

All right, guys no more one lining discussion, please! It, no way, involves the 12 Pokemon Movies.

Back on topic(forever), has anyone got a chance to see Movie 12 on You Tube or on any other place on the internet, etc? I, as a matter of fact, have not. Well, I did see loads of clips of it though.

suicune lover
24th July 2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks!

Well, I don't really like most of the new ones. Apart from the Giratina one, but thats a different story, so I don't go on places like YT to see them. Either that or I just wait for someone to record it and watch it on TY.

Got a topic:
Do you own any Movies on DvD/Video?
I own The First movie and Spell of the Unknown on Video, I got them for 50p each from a Fair. And Power of one and 4 Ever on Dvd.

And I though of another reason why I liked the 2nd movie. It was just so funny. I could make a huge list, but no, I won't.

Torpoleon
24th July 2009, 12:34 PM
Yes. I own Movie 5- 9. They are really great movies.

Movie 2 is Power of One, right? That movie seemed great. I like all the movies.

Arceusgamer14
24th July 2009, 10:59 PM
Yep I own movie 1, 6, 7, 8, 9 10 & 11

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th July 2009, 11:03 AM
My favorite movie was Pokemon 4 ever, I just loved the plot, and there were so many unexpected twists, like at the end when you think evething is alright, but Masked whatever grabs a jet pack and takes Celebi. And Sammy Oak was cool too.
And the Dark Balls were awsome. And the Evil guy was actually.....Evil. >D

Vicious was somethin' awesome all right. I don't know how he ended up the most hated Rocket in the gang.

Power of one is a close second though. I liked the music, Lugias song, and the Talking slowpoke. I don't know why Ash gets all the crdit though, Melody was he one who played the song to heal Lugia. All ash did was colect some Glass Balls :/

That's nothing. In the adaptation that ran in CoroCoro, Melody doesn't even EXIST.
Although given what that comic did to Jirarudan's personality, she may have been quite lucky in that regard.