PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario RPG Fan Club

SapphireGeno
5th July 2009, 6:03 PM
Welcome to the...
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu317/pokepopcorn/SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg
Super Mario RPG Fan Club!

Well pretty much this club is to discuss various topics and chat about the Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars game, as well as the other Mario RPG games which are...

Paper Mario Series
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Super Paper Mario
Mario and Luigi Series
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (coming soon to NA and Europe)

If you are a HUGE fan of any of the Mario RPGs, then this club is for you C:

RULES
1.) All SPPF rules apply.
2.) No spamming, harassing or flaming other members, etc.
3.) DO NOT ASK TO BECOME A CO-OWNER. If I think you are responsible of being a co-owner, I will PM you myself.
4.) If you want to join PLEASE just answer the given question below. Don't post asking "can i join plz??!?!" or such.
5.)Use proper grammar and spelling. Seriously. I can't STAND improper use of it.
6.) No one-line posts. (like "Can I join?" or "I LOVE SMRPG!")
7.) Be as active as you can. If you are inactive I will put "Inactive" next to your name on the member list. If you are inactive for a certain amount of time you will be removed from the club.
8.) Each time you break the rule, a strike will be given to you. Three strikes will get you banned from this club.
9.) If you have became a co-owner I will tell you what you can do over PM.
10.) Have fun! C:

STRIKES
First strike=Warning over PM
Second strike=Temporarily banned from posting in the club. (How many days is depended on what rule you break.)
Third and Final strike=Permanent ban.
Note: If you become temporarily banned look at Banned List and see how long you have been banned. It will also be said if you have a permanent ban, and will list your warning (which I will tell you over PM)

Owner of the SMRPG Fan Club: SapphireGeno
Co-Owners: None yet!

Members List

SapphireGeno- Owner
jorisw
Sonic Boom
Crumpet
Kirby
Neekerisanni123

Warnings
None
Banned List
None yet... keep it that way!!

ARTWORK SECTION
Here is where banners will be placed to advertise the SMRPG Fan Club. You may put them in your signature.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu317/pokepopcorn/genoclub.png
One I made. Not really good (it was made on Paint) but I tried my best lol.

To join in, answer this question:
Why do you like Super Mario RPG/the Paper Mario series/the Mario and Luigi series?

In the meantime, discuss about anything in any of the Mario RPG games. Boss help, characters, or anything, discuss! C:

Please have fun in the Super Mario RPG Fan Club. C:

jorisw
5th July 2009, 7:19 PM
May I join this club?

Why do you like Super Mario RPG/the Paper Mario series/the Mario and Luigi series?
I like the games because they have good humor(sp?) cool bosses and because you can play as peach and bowser too.

SapphireGeno
5th July 2009, 7:47 PM
Jorisw, you have been officially accepted into the SMRPG Fan Club.
Welcome! C:
And I couldn't agree more- the games have so many funny and memorable lines. And I really also like the fact Bowser can join you too. C:

Sonic Boom
5th July 2009, 8:02 PM
Super Mario RPG is the reason why I got into RPGs, and why they are my favorite kind of games. Great graphics for the SNES, good humor that was basically nonexistent in previous Mario games, and basically a blast to keep playing and discovering new secrets that you didn't find before. I just wish the game was longer.

But I think Paper Mario TTYD beats it in every way. Even though I was able to beat the game the first time through in 3 days (albeit playing 15 hours each day =P), it was hard for me to forget the colorful backgrounds, a very focused plot, brand new techniques, Flurrie, etc.

Needless to say, I would like to join this club =P

Like I said, SMRPG is the reason why I got into RPGs. And the subsequent RPGs have not left me disappointed in any way other than length. Humor, wonderful plots, amusing enemies and bosses, secrets at every turn, I could go on for a long time. XD

Crumpet
5th July 2009, 8:45 PM

Just a nice change for the plumber really. And it's fun.

SapphireGeno
5th July 2009, 11:35 PM
Sonic Boom and Crumpet you two are now in the club!
Welcome! C:
Aye, TTYD. I couldn't beat that game. I got stuck in the verrrry last part of the game right before the dragon boss behind the door and stopped playing it haha.
I'm playing SMRPG. It's an amazing game. I really love it. And Geno rocks. C:

EDIT: I made a banner, not my best but I tried at least lol C:

Sonic Boom
6th July 2009, 4:53 AM
Oh, Gloomtail? I never really had a problem with him, tbh. Just have a high health count, and have Vivian out to dodge the charge-up Megabreath attack. The attack like your life depended on it. It helps that I had a knack for Superguarding too. XD

SMRPG is fun, but I just wish the level count wasn't as low, and that the game was longer. And that Smithy was given a better backstory; we don't get any good background info until we enter the Factory. It just felt underwhelming to me.

Oh, I have a topic:

What are your favorite bosses in each of the RPG games?

For me:

SMRPG: Bowyer and Culex
Paper Mario: Koopa Bros. and the Crystal King
TTYD: Rawk Hawk, Smorg, and Bonetail
SPM: Fracktail, Shadoo, and Bonechill.
M&L: Cackletta (1st fight), Fawful, The Koopalings
PiT: Elder Shrooboid, Mrs. Thwomp

When I play BiS, I'll provide my favorites in that game then.

SapphireGeno
6th July 2009, 5:08 AM
Well I never really reached Gloomtail... I just like gave up trying to get to him and never finished the game lol.

In SMRPG, I love Boywer and Yaridovich. I love Boywer because of the way he talks, and Yaridovich... because I love saying his name haha lol.

I'm playing SMRPG right now and I recently defeated the cake boss in Marrymore... haha Booster is sooo funny and so are those freaking chefs. I mean how could they make a live cake?? What ingredients did they even use?? lol Cx

Kirby
8th July 2009, 4:42 AM
Can I join :[!?

This is just purely my opinion, but I like SMRPG because it has unique characters in it (ones that are not so Mario-ish, though that is obvious since they are of Square's design) and has a bit of a different storyline compared to other Mario games. One that breaks away from the typical "Hey Bowser took Peach again!!!"

I can't really give an answer about the Paper Mario series since I've only played the second one, same with the Mario and Luigi series (though I only played the first one). I guess in the end my answer just boils down to the simple fact of, they're games that I find enjoyable to play <3

Also Geno is awesome :[

SapphireGeno
8th July 2009, 5:39 AM
Omg thanks for making the board come back to life Kirby. I thought this club was going to die. I was worried! Haha. C:

And yes, welcome to the club. You are in!!

And yeah pretty much same here. I've only played the second Paper Mario. I plan on playing M&L game later...

And Geno is an epic character I want in another game. Or the next SSB game. :/ He'd be my secondary choice of character with Pikachu as my first (been my first since the first SSB game.)

Kirby
8th July 2009, 6:47 AM
Hooray~~ I saw your signature and immediately had to join, SMRPG is one of my favorite games.

I have an excellent question for anyone who is a member (or future member), do you have any SMRPG merchandise?

I just have keychains of Geno, Mallow, Peach, Mario, Bowser, and Yoshi, an unpainted figure of Geno, a laminated cardstock featuring the characters from the game, cards of some of the characters and coins of several of the characters (not sure which ones, they're still in the packaging).

I would totally pay for Geno to be in the next SSB game, I wanted him in brawl so bad lol. I would have made him one of my main users, along with Kirby, Pikachu and Mario haha.

SapphireGeno
8th July 2009, 4:26 PM
Well I don't have any merchandise... yet! Haha C: Though I did draw Geno and put him up on my door where there is a LoZ: TP and Chrono Trigger poster up there as well.

In the next SSB game, if Geno is in it, I can totally tell his final smash will be Geno Whirl. It's obvious it would be lulz Cx

Rawr, you're lucky. You got merchandise. Rawr im jealous. C:

Neekerisanni123
1st August 2009, 12:07 AM
I'd like to join. I like Super Mario RPG mostly because of it's awesome music,but also because I can play as Bowser! ^^ And because of it's great humor. :)

SapphireGeno
1st August 2009, 3:02 AM
Wow this board died and came back alive ahaha Cx

Thanks for joining. I shall add ya to da list. Cx