PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Pokemon of the 4th gen...

Volt of Noid
6th July 2009, 10:32 PM
What pokemon do you think are forgotten about? It seems many of the ones we don't think about are in the UU tier or NFE (Not yet Evolved) tier.

For me I'd say everyone has forgotten Luvdisc exists. And on top of that Dunsparce doesn't get a whole lot of recognition either.

What do you think?

---------------------

The Forgotten Ones

Luvdisc
Kecleon
Lanturn
Gorebyss
Mareep
Corsola
Qwilfish
Luminion & Finneon
Spoink & Grumpig
Stantler
Kricketot
Pinsir
Kangaskhan
Jumpluff & Hoppip & Skiploom
Politoed
Mawile
Sunkern & Sunflora
Lumineon
Carnivine
Delibird
Koffing
Dunsparce
Castform
Chatot
Relicanth
Absol
Illumise & Volbeat
Gulpin & Swalot
Surskit & Masquerain
Granbull & Snubbull
Jynx & Smoochum
Pachirisu
Farfetch'd

Mighty big list of the ones that we can't remember too good...At least 30 or more right?
Sorry, I did not add Golduck, He's common in every game and is often in the Anime.
And for Ampy - Mesprit is a one off, and is all through the D/P storyline. So he doesn't make it on.
I've added the evolutions for many pokemon here...like for Granbull, who remembers Granbull but not Snubbull?

Thanks.

Ampy
6th July 2009, 11:05 PM
First gen: Cloyster
Second gen: Corsola, Lanturn
Third gen: Gorebyss, Luvdisc, Keckleon
Fourth gen: Mesprit

PkmnmstrJJ
6th July 2009, 11:10 PM
i will admit i did forget about luvdisc untill u mentioned it, i didnt even see the lil guy that much in the 3rd gen i think i caught one or 2 and that was it.
ive forgotten Luvdisc, mareep (totally forgot about the sheep remembered ampharos thaugh) i dont forget that many pokemon now that i think about it but the one pokemon i havent battled in a long long tiem would be horsea if i wasnt for a pokemon episode i watched yesterday i would have forgotten what it looked like lol

Silent Conversation
6th July 2009, 11:16 PM
I say Corsola, Quilfish and Luvdisc are long gone in the Pokemon world. I mean, before reading the title of this thread, I myself was close to forgetting these three.

pokemaster001
6th July 2009, 11:26 PM
you know, quilfish is so forgotten, he comes to mind very easily, by simply being one that people mention as being unmemorable. congragulations quilfish

also, most of the pokemon that don't come to mind are from the 3rd generation, and not the platinum dex. maybe because they don't have anything to do with other generations or something, maybe they're just not mentioned enough, maybe I just don't like them, whatever the reason, 3rd generation was the least memorable for me while I can recite any of the first or 4th generation's pokemon

Doggy Water Toy Buddy Boy
6th July 2009, 11:27 PM
uhhm

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, Manaphy

Shuckle the Snail
7th July 2009, 12:11 AM
Lumneion ?

Skaisdead
7th July 2009, 12:39 AM
Spoink and Grumpig? Whenever I think of a completely ignored Pokemon, these two usually come to mind.

Nny
7th July 2009, 12:41 AM
Stantler. Wtf is a Kricketot aswell.

Zatch 89
7th July 2009, 1:20 AM
I don't think anyone will be able to top this pokemon who I think is thee MOST forgotten about pokemon EVER. drum roll please.........PINSIR!!!
I have never heard anybody talk about this pokemon and don't think I've ever seen it in anyone's team lmao.

Eevee7ways
7th July 2009, 1:22 AM
1st gen: Kangaskhan, Electrode
2nd gen: Jumpluff, Furret, Politoed
3rd gen: Shiftry, Azurill, Mawile
4th gen: Purugly, Chingling, Snover

Miss_Pocket_Monster
7th July 2009, 1:44 AM
I'd say Sunflora is pretty forgotten, as is Mawile. Since this is a fourth gen thread, though, I'll name Lumineon as a somewhat forgotten Poke, even though I remember it much better than I remember some others. ;457;

Volt of Noid
7th July 2009, 3:31 AM
Yeah good job guys, Quilfish has to make the list. Horsea, not that much...but Quilfish is one that no one remembers exists.

Tenilius
7th July 2009, 3:35 AM
A Lumineon destroyed my Battle Frontier team the other day, so it shouldn't be forgotten.

I think Carnivine is forgotten in the games, it's shown a lot in the animè so people know about it.
Koffing isn't talked about much, neither is Delibird.

Grei
7th July 2009, 3:42 AM
Lumineon and Finneon should be counted.

Alloute
7th July 2009, 3:43 AM
Kricketot hasn't appeared in it's own episode. Clearly it is forgotten by everyone besides me...

AlCario
7th July 2009, 3:43 AM
1st gen: krabby and kingler
2nd gen: Dunsparce
3rd gen: luvdisc, castform
4th gen: carnivine, chatot

All these guys deserve way more recognition.

ForeverFlame
7th July 2009, 3:48 AM
Qwilfish is so forgotten that people have even forgotten how to spell its name properly.

maxelle
7th July 2009, 4:13 AM
I forgot Chingling existed till I saw its pokedex entry. I also forgot about Qwilfish but in 4th Gen I caught one and am currently training it.

bear831
7th July 2009, 4:16 AM
Qwilfish is so forgotten that people have even forgotten how to spell its name properly.

Exactly its so forgotten that I completely forgot it was in the second Generation!

Anytyme23
7th July 2009, 4:19 AM
When was the last time any heard about sandshrew?

Volt of Noid
7th July 2009, 4:24 AM
When was the last time any heard about sandshrew?

Good point. But which is most forgotten about: Something like Carnivine or Sandshrew. Sandshrew are commonly found and Sandslashes are on a fair few teams out there...

Zhanton
7th July 2009, 4:44 AM
The forgotten pokemon:
Qwilfish (not by me!)
Pinsir
Kriketot
Mawile

Remember these pokemon...make them unforgotten.

Shuckle the Snail
7th July 2009, 5:10 AM
Pikachu and Mudkip probaly...I have never seen one of those in the game or anime and no one ever talks about them. And its not like Pikachu is like Pokemon's mascot either so people have no way of rembering them.

Lucariofan-atic
7th July 2009, 5:17 AM
Qwilfish, Finneon and Lumineon should be entered into the list.

WynautQueen
7th July 2009, 5:18 AM
The forgotten pokemon:
Qwilfish (not by me!)
Pinsir
Kriketot
Mawile

Remember these pokemon...make them unforgotten.

I rarely ever assemble a competitive team without my Mawile. :)

So, him definitely. People are always very surprised when I use him in otherwise standard teams.

raymund
7th July 2009, 5:18 AM
golduck.evryone ignored him even this will be ignored

SteelMetagross
7th July 2009, 6:30 AM
Seaking is ignored alot IMO. Hippowdon also seems to be forgoten/under used

Witch of 'Cos
7th July 2009, 7:15 AM
Not Lumineon. I mean, an entire clan is based around it.

Volt of Noid
7th July 2009, 8:08 AM
Thanks for all your posts guys! Keep it up. I will make a list of "The Forgotten Ones" and edit it into my first post so you can all see it. And I agree that Mawile makes it on. Its a rare so no one sees it ingame much, especially in 3rd gen. And on top of that, it doesn't evolve, which contributes.

tom-tom
7th July 2009, 8:30 AM
I would say the most forgotten pokemon is fortress

Lucariofan-atic
7th July 2009, 9:10 AM
Forretress and Politoed also.. maybe??

But i see nobody cares about Jumpluff? (it's not from 4th gen but looks like they also like the forgotten pokemons)

Bobblefighter
7th July 2009, 9:49 AM
I forgot about Relicanth, considering you don't need it to get the Regi's in Pearl. But now I have come to love him. But yeah, no one really remembers Qwilfish. Unless it gets an evolution or something.

Bobblefighter
7th July 2009, 9:51 AM
I would say the most forgotten pokemon is fortress

His competitive value has brought him some limelight. His spiking abilities do make him memorable.

Lucazard
7th July 2009, 9:55 AM
Qwilfish and Luvdisc, I've never heard about them or used them ever since I caught one of them and they have, I think, never been the main Pokemon in the anime.

AlCario
7th July 2009, 10:04 AM
It seems to me that its pokemon who don't evolve that get forgotten. Qwilfish, Dunsparce, Mawile...

(s.i.e)
7th July 2009, 2:06 PM
^ precisely, alot of pokemon that don't evolve are less used, absol is one of them.
sometimes you would believe it is almost unlikely, absols can be trained to have a critical hit ratio of 50% which would make it very useful.

Kyogre35
7th July 2009, 2:13 PM
Like what most of the people have said before...Luvdisc, Mawhile, etc.

What about good, cute Chimecho?

Tails07
7th July 2009, 2:52 PM
Most of these have already been said but Qwilfish, Sunflora, Politoed, Delibird. I think most of these are forgotten because its been a while since the 2nd gen so there hard to find outside of Johto hopefully this will change with the new remakes.

Zatch 89
7th July 2009, 4:32 PM
PINSIR,PINSIR,PINSIR!!! Nobody except me and one other person has mentioned Pinsir. Everyones talking about Qwilfish and Delibird and stuff so that means he's not even remembered in the "Most Forgotten" pokemon list xD

Zatch 89
7th July 2009, 7:26 PM
Oh I found another pair of pokes that are probably equally if not more than forgotten than Pinsir: Illumise and Volbeat

Omastar ftw!
7th July 2009, 7:37 PM
Probopass.....definetly.......

seamy
7th July 2009, 7:45 PM
What about Gulpin. I actually had to concentrate to remember him.

Mawile412
7th July 2009, 8:08 PM
i agree that mawile is forgotten. it's not as popular as it's counterpart sableye. mawile should get an evolution. Like if it learns double hit, it evolves and has two jaws on the back of its head! plus really high attack and defense. everyone would want mawile now!

i feel so bad for volbeat and illumise. they need evolves too

Qwilfish. it's a shame it's forgotten. it has decent speed and attack

Tiomasta
7th July 2009, 8:18 PM
Pinsir, Volbeat, Illumise, Mawile, Qwillie, Sunflora...
It's weird, we're trying to think about those we can't even remember.

Surskit and Masquerain?

tom-tom
7th July 2009, 8:27 PM
Another one would be spinarak

Totokip
7th July 2009, 8:29 PM
i forget about gardevoir until platinum came out.

Forrest's Runs
7th July 2009, 8:55 PM
Paras and parasect

Emo_Kirlia
7th July 2009, 9:07 PM
Qwilfish Lumineon Masquerain Mawile Cloyster Exploud Linoone Politoed

KalebKonan
7th July 2009, 9:13 PM
Granbull and cloyster.

Sonikku
7th July 2009, 9:27 PM
Porygon, personally. I have barely seen it anywhere, asside from its second evo being a pokeball in Melee.

Zatch 89
7th July 2009, 9:32 PM
It's funny, all the most forgotten pokemon happen to be bug types.

Mastadi
7th July 2009, 9:36 PM
Pachirisu?

Tiomasta
7th July 2009, 9:36 PM
Porygon, personally. I have barely seen it anywhere, asside from its second evo being a pokeball in Melee.

But I don't think it counts as a forgotten poke, if its evo line is overused. I mean, both P2 and PZ are overused.
It also appears in the original SSB, in Saffron.

Atari
7th July 2009, 9:40 PM
I think Grimer, Stantler, Qwilfish, Electrike, Kricketot, and Finneon have definitely lost their heartfelt appeal. I've been a little obsessive over Dunsparce lately, so there's no way I'm adding it to my forgotten list.

Zap Cannon
7th July 2009, 9:50 PM
Apparently Farfetch'd either isn't as forgotten as I thought was or it's so forgotten that nobody besides me can remember it.

SuperSilver
7th July 2009, 10:03 PM
Oddish oddish oddish!

Volt of Noid
8th July 2009, 1:24 AM
Okay everyone, I'm making the list now. Expect to see it edited into my first post in about 15-30mins. If you think I'm missing one, please post and tell me. If you think one should be removed, then once again, post and tell me.

Make these Forgotten Pokemon UNFORGOTTEN! (Is that a word?)

CSolarstorm
8th July 2009, 2:08 AM
Jumpluff, Lotad, Makuhita, Corphish, Baltoy, and Lumineon. I don't think I started remembering Lumineon in the first place.

Abysmal Zero
8th July 2009, 5:43 PM
Definately Paras and Parasect. Everytime I try to do that Amnesia Attack on Psypoke, I always forget them.

Stantler
Grimer/Muk
Drowzee/Hypno: I dunno, but it seems like Abra is used more often...Could be wrong.
Natu/Xatu
Remoraid/Octillery
Gulpin/Swalot
Glalie
Glameow/Purugly

tyranitar305
8th July 2009, 5:58 PM
1st gen:cloystar,tauros,pidgeot
2nd gen:milktank,shuckle,dunsprace
3rd gen:ninjask
4rd gen:toxicrounk

Alloute
8th July 2009, 6:06 PM
The title says "Forgotten Pokemon of the 4th Generation".

So: Finneon, Kricketot, Starly are the forgotten things.

Zatch 89
8th July 2009, 6:07 PM
I don't think Mareep should be up on the list because it evolves into Ampharos which was quite a popular pokemon in the GSC era and from what I've seen in the HG/SS team plans thread it will be in a lot of peoples teams.

Flurried Rains
8th July 2009, 6:14 PM
Probopass.....definetly.......

No way. People complain about how ugly it is way too much for it to be forgotten. And I don't think Absol should be on that list. I know that for a lot of people Absol is their favorite Pokemon, plus it's Swords Dance was widely used competitively.

Shadow Gamer
8th July 2009, 11:13 PM
I think Electrode and Vileplume are pretty forgotten about.

Bobblefighter
9th July 2009, 5:21 AM

Ninjask? No way. That bug is one of the best baton passers in the game, and it is an OU pokemon. I have a level 100 of those myself. No one will forget the fastest pokemon in the game (barring Speed Deoxys).

Lucariofan-atic
9th July 2009, 6:15 AM
Ninjask? No way. That bug is one of the best baton passers in the game, and it is an OU pokemon. I have a level 100 of those myself. No one will forget the fastest pokemon in the game (barring Speed Deoxys).

Yeah, it was true.

I don't think Ninjask is the forgotten pokemon, Ninjask's speed are incredibly awesome, and i see no one will forget the non-legendary fastest pokemon.

AlCario
9th July 2009, 6:25 AM

Shuckle is definately not forgotten. It has the highest def/Sp. def in the game. No-one is going to forget that.

Also, pineco and lapras. And happiny. Everyone knows chansey and blissey, but I only remembered just then that chansey had a pre-evolution.

Volt of Noid
9th July 2009, 1:25 PM
Glad to see everyone posting. Looks like Mareep isn't popular in the list, I might take him out. Same goes for Absol. Also just to clear things up, post pokemon from any gen you like, the title is misleading. It just means that since the 4th gen came out, that we may have forgotten about a few pokemon from the other gens. Thanks.

Oh and does anyone think Nincada is forgotten? I mean, I haven't forgot about it, because I always need Shedinjas...(don't ask me why). But Im guessing other people have forgot.

Lucariofan-atic
9th July 2009, 1:38 PM
Are Slakoth, Vigoroth and Slaking included on the list..?
I see they're quite under used pokemon..

SapphireGeno
9th July 2009, 4:43 PM
I saw Gorebyss on the list...
but to me I think Huntail and Clamperl are forgotten. I don't think I saw them on the list.

EDIT: RANK UP!!! Cx

Flurried Rains
9th July 2009, 5:27 PM
I think Venonat and Venomoth are often forgotten as well. But I don't know, that could just be me.

LiteBlue-
9th July 2009, 5:43 PM
Never Used Pokemon.

BynineB
9th July 2009, 5:59 PM
Politoed, Luvdisc, Lumineon, Finneon, are all very forgotten.

Erik Destler
9th July 2009, 6:24 PM
This isn't really discussing 4th gen pokemon.
And, I'm pretty sure there's a topic like this in PokePolls.
*close*