PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the Trade Forum

Ellie
7th July 2009, 1:21 AM
We all know the trade forum here isn't perfect. Post your opinions here on what would be good to improve it.

Please remember to be respectful and check the thread to see if someone else has already suggested what you want for the section. Also don't make completely stupid/trolling suggestions either.

Happy Posting!

POK(E)XPERT
7th July 2009, 1:30 AM
I think there should be a seperate thread in the trade forum where you only trade ev`d pokemon.

cubone 653487
7th July 2009, 1:30 AM
the milltank/touros thread(cant spell) could be seperated... but i wish there was a forum where people could request egg move pokemon just for that forum kinda like a egg move forum....cause in this forum,you will post and it is just overlapped by people that say i need this or i can breed this, and the specific set you need is never answered.

Alloute
7th July 2009, 1:33 AM
How about we do what every other forum does?

We each make our own threads for trades, so that things don't get all confusing.

Instead of one big thread, we could each post a thread containing our own Pokemon and then others could come and trade there.

sh1n1esR0ck
7th July 2009, 1:36 AM
How about a Thread that shows the info on Event pokemon so we dont get scammed

Lucazard
7th July 2009, 6:34 AM
How about we do what every other forum does?

We each make our own threads for trades, so that things don't get all confusing.

Instead of one big thread, we could each post a thread containing our own Pokemon and then others could come and trade there.

Yeah like a shop for a person or partners, where they make offers with other people in THEIR Trade threads.

Alloute
7th July 2009, 6:38 AM
Yeah like a shop for a person or partners, where they make offers with other people in THEIR Trade threads.

Yes.

Every other forum like Pokemon Community, Poke Beach, Marriland, and all the others have a system like this.

I think that would work better, instead of just one big ol' thread that gets all messy.

danielni
7th July 2009, 8:32 AM
Yes.

Every other forum like Pokemon Community, Poke Beach, Marriland, and all the others have a system like this.

I think that would work better, instead of just one big ol' thread that gets all messy.

yeah it will be much beeter.

slash_n_dash
7th July 2009, 9:45 AM
Originally Posted by Alloute View Post
Yes.

yeah that's what i was thinking and its right there would be more users here and it would make life easier for everyone

ancient pray
7th July 2009, 10:54 AM
A seperated thread for: EV trained pokemon, Pokerus(!), and most of all, 2 trade forums... one for all the japanese pokemon, and then one for all the english pokemon.

Dragonphantom
7th July 2009, 10:55 AM
A seperated thread for: EV trained pokemon, Pokerus(!), and most of all, 2 trade forums... one for all the japanese pokemon, and then one for all the english pokemon.

What about the other languages?

Anyways, I agree with the majority. Allow people to make their own threads.

sasukeanditachi
7th July 2009, 2:24 PM
i must agree with most every opne but i say have a subforum to make trade threads AND keep these ones for if you need 1 pokemon

cubone 653487
7th July 2009, 2:26 PM
no offence to everybody, but i like the fact that that the pokemon are catorgarized by number order....thats a reason i joined serebii and not marriland and the others

intrnd
7th July 2009, 2:38 PM
To everyone who supports the "have your own thread" idea: That used to be the system here, however the moderators decided that it was overtaxing the forums. This is why we have our current system, and so don't expect us to switch back any time soon.

pkfan
7th July 2009, 3:03 PM
I would like a thread for EV and IV pokemon... the idea of idependent threads is good, but like intrnd said.... it can overtax the forums...

razorclaw3
7th July 2009, 5:36 PM
If there's like a shop where you request/offer pokemon in a person's profile it would be easier. Or something like you modify the current trading threads, with a button which puts your name up if you need the pokemon or if you're breeding or if you have the pokemon. Then you look at their profiles, see what they are requesting or etc.

But people making their own threads? It would be an okay idea IF the thread is kinda like this:
Say you're looking for a Bulbasaur it would be like:

#001/002/003 Bulbasaur/etc:
#004... Charmander/etc:

*You click on the Bulbasaur thing and then it shows all the threads made by people that want/trading the pokemon along with the current one showing up on another page to multitask.*

pkfan
7th July 2009, 6:05 PM
If there's like a shop where you request/offer pokemon in a person's profile it would be easier. Or something like you modify the current trading threads, with a button which puts your name up if you need the pokemon or if you're breeding or if you have the pokemon. Then you look at their profiles, see what they are requesting or etc.

But people making their own threads? It would be an okay idea IF the thread is kinda like this:
Say you're looking for a Bulbasaur it would be like:

#001/002/003 Bulbasaur/etc:
#004... Charmander/etc:

*You click on the Bulbasaur thing and then it shows all the threads made by people that want/trading the pokemon along with the current one showing up on another page to multitask.*

ok that is the sistem of the forum now... -.-

razorclaw3
7th July 2009, 6:30 PM
ok that is the sistem of the forum now... -.-

The Trade Forum, not the other forums. This forum doesn't have the threads made by regular people, just posts.

legendary palkia
7th July 2009, 6:59 PM
i think it has been cool that all people have theyr one trade and battle thread.
like: write your offers, and butch like that.

you now: have your one battle, trade and more, thread

funkymonkey
7th July 2009, 7:50 PM
Can we just make our own trading threads? Makes it a lot easier to look at what others have.

Ellie
7th July 2009, 11:41 PM
Please try to keep replies useful and on-topic. Making your own threads is something discussable, but please don't just put "yeah I agree" or something, add something new.

And it definitely will never be coming back EXACTLY the same as it used to be, if separate threads do come back.

funkymonkey
8th July 2009, 12:31 AM
Can we split the events part into regions? Like Japan events, US events, or something like that? That way, it'd be easier to locate foreign events.

Erik Destler
8th July 2009, 3:12 AM
We did have it like that.
Feast your eyes on the horror that is the old trade forum. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)

For mods, that's.. 981 pages made in a span of nearly 3 months. :|
Just saying ~

andyhaj
8th July 2009, 4:32 PM
What about a thread for favours? EV training, breeding with specific natures, IV's and training/evolving...

Spncrbrrtt
8th July 2009, 11:08 PM
That'd be useful. If you just needed a shard or something, or if you didn't have anything THAT great to trade, or if you have a bunch of extra baby pokemon.

pkfan
8th July 2009, 11:10 PM
hey what about a thread for egg move pokes?

dress_up24
9th July 2009, 3:55 AM
i think the same Pok(e)xpert there should be a seperate thread in the trade forum where you only trade ev`d pokemon.

Ellie
9th July 2009, 5:16 PM
Quick update I forgot to put in this thread yesterday

-Pokerus can now be traded in the Item Trading Thread (it's kind of like an item... right? Plus a whole thread dedicated to just Pokerus seemed a little excessive)
-There is now a sticky where you can trade for eggmoved Pokemon

Other things are being considered. Please remember to only post if you have something to add onto the discussion rather than just "I agree with x"

randomspot555
9th July 2009, 6:08 PM
I honestly don't think it's that bad. Sure, the trade forum has a lot of people not giving a lot of details or not following the rules of a thread (particularly in regards to event exclusive Pokemon), but that's not an inherent flaw in the system. That's just becuase people don't read the first post.

Anyway, I like that each Pokemon family has it's own thread. It's not perfect, but good enough for me.

We've already got an Item, Event, Shiny, and Egg move thread. I think there should be a specific thread for EV trained, and then another thread for IV bred Pokemon/breeding projects.

With the EV trained thread, a poster should be required to list the Pokemon's nature, EV spread, move set, and (option, not required) IV spread.

IV bred/breeding projects could probably be merged into the Egg Move Poke thread. Since IV checking is a huge hassle without hacking or tons of IV battles, maybe have the breeder just list the IVs of the parents and if an Everstone was use. And note if the Pokes are hatched or still in eggs.

Now on the subject of individual user-done threads:

I'm personally against this, for a vareity of reasons.

It creates an environment of elitism, where if certain traders don't like you, your thread is just going to be bumped off of page 1 quickly due to the 20 megathreads that get posts like "r u online?" and "oops gotta grab leftovers"

People can't manage to follow the rules now. I don't see how most traders here can be responsible enough to do basic crap like editing their OP, listing their friend code, updating their trade list, etc...

However, if individual trade threads do come back, I highly suggest moderation be on. And that those approving/rejecting threads have a good depth of knowledge regarding Event pokemon, mechanics that go into breeding (EVs, IVS, egg moves, natures), items, and so on.

manga13
9th July 2009, 6:49 PM
i think we should have a our own threads
plus we could have a trade thread for ev'd pokes,iv breeding and ev training for others

Ellz The Pretender
10th July 2009, 1:18 PM
we could have a trade thread for ev'd pokes,iv breeding and ev training for others

I agree I also think we should have a platinum move tutor thread

Shiny Glameow
10th July 2009, 1:59 PM
i think we should have a our own threads
plus we could have a trade thread for ev'd pokes,iv breeding and ev training for others

Wouldent that make it more confusing?Having our own threads?The rest I agree with.

rocko
11th July 2009, 6:24 PM
I think having our own threads would be a big problem...and a hard time for the mods

Mudkip&Torch
11th July 2009, 8:20 PM
Yes, I strongly agree that there should be an EV thread, finding EVs on the other trade threads are too hard.

macaro1
12th July 2009, 12:28 AM
i think that each pokemon should have their own thread besides having their evolve forms with them so it would be easier to just skim down to find them besides going down and looking for one of their evolve forms names

BigMac84
12th July 2009, 2:54 AM
I like the kanto johto hoenn and sinnoh thread thing but it would be cool if it could be clicked on, then it would go to recent threads posted by anybody about pokemon in that region. It would help get more trades in because everyone wouldn't need to PM all the time and the topics would be more recent. Some posts are from weeks ago and you go to send them a PM and realize that they haven't even been online for days. Just an opinion but i think it would work out pretty nicely.

de_darkrai
12th July 2009, 10:34 AM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/de_darkrai/Serebii.jpg

IMO,^this looks annoying...i think serebii nid to remove that...

and having own thread wasn't the best idea for Serebiiforums...but,one more thing>Event Trading Thread=sucks,coz someone will double-posting,or even triple...and TRADERS will post his/her list again and again in the new page of the topic,XD...and some traders have a HUGE list,if we wanna find sth,IMO>it hurts my eyes so much sometimes...although there's a button [CTRL+F]...

i haven't came here for several days...Ellie added sth[this topic]...wow,KOOl...open-minded,i should say "finally"

anyway,it's juz my opinions....but i hope i can get some solutions for ya...:)

zyrad
12th July 2009, 12:19 PM
where can i try and trade items with people?
is there a thread for that?
if so it's hard to find.
if not. WHY THE HELL NOT.
It's like the most obvious thing ever. and desperately needed.

James Bondage
12th July 2009, 3:51 PM
I think the simplest thing to do is to let people make there own threads and shops. HOWEVER, if the shop thread hasn't been active for two weeks, LOCK IT! If the person doesn't request it re-opened within two weeks after the lock, REMOVE IT entirely. This way everyone can show everything they have to offer, but with the cap on how long it can be inactive before a lock, and then being removed, it would almost remove the excess posts for multiple threads by the same people over and over again. Everyone gets one thread, and it stays active. They can update there as needed. (Posts wouldn't count towards total post count)

Pingouin7
12th July 2009, 6:49 PM
We did have it like that.
Feast your eyes on the horror that is the old trade forum. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)

There's nothing on there.

pkfan
12th July 2009, 6:55 PM
I like the Idea of a shop thread in every member profile, but wouldn´t it be to difficult for the mods to ensure all people follow the rules?

Prince Amrod
12th July 2009, 9:24 PM
i would like the trade forum moderators to be better informed of what pokemon can be obtained legitimately. partly because i have two infractions for asking for a pokemon that can be be gotten legitimately

pkfan
13th July 2009, 12:01 AM
i would like the trade forum moderators to be better informed of what pokemon can be obtained legitimately. partly because i have two infractions for asking for a pokemon that can be be gotten legitimately

are you talking about the arceus? because I got punished for asking for one, and in pokemon secure said it was release alredy in japan... if the information about the release of arceus was correct then I would also like the mods know about it...

Prince Amrod
13th July 2009, 12:04 AM
no i was asking for a shiny jirachi, which can be obtained legitimately from wishmaker bonus disc and pokemon channel

xXPorygonXx
13th July 2009, 12:05 AM
are you talking about the arceus? because I got punished for asking for one, and in pokemon secure said it was release alredy in japan... if the information about the release of arceus was correct then I would also like the mods know about it...

Because Serebii has a "US shores" rule, which states that until the event is in America, you can't request/trade them.

pkfan
13th July 2009, 12:12 AM
Because Serebii has a "US shores" rule, which states that until the event is in America, you can't request/trade them.

I don´t think that is entirely true, because we can ask for the shokotan pichu and that is a japanese only event... I think you are talking about the arceus thread in this forum, wich will be opened until the release of arceus in américa...

but in the case that it is true then why? why we cannot ask for the jap evnets? we also wish to have them...

Darkrai00
13th July 2009, 2:03 AM
probably alot of people already said this but, EV trained poke thread

randomspot555
13th July 2009, 2:37 AM
I don´t think that is entirely true, because we can ask for the shokotan pichu and that is a japanese only event... I think you are talking about the arceus thread in this forum, wich will be opened until the release of arceus in américa...

but in the case that it is true then why? why we cannot ask for the jap evnets? we also wish to have them...

SPPF has had a "Till US shores" rule for the big event legendaries. In this case, Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin. All other events that either were Japanese exclusive, such as the Pokecenter Eevees, or events that had a Japanese release first and elsewhere later (Saikyo and TRU Dragonite, Movie/TRU Regigias) have been allowed to be traded since the Japanese release.

I honestly don't think this rule makes sense. Wi-Fi trading has made the Pokemon trading community much smaller. Due to cloning (glitch cloning and, unfortunately, AR/hack cloning), people brining multiple DS carts to events, or even people just plain generous, events exclusive to Japan are able to be obtained in a legit fashion by people elsewhere. I even know a handful of people on a foreign exchange program in Japan, and a few will be getting the soon-to-be-released Arceus.

Now then, I think a more sensible rule would be:

Ban all Japanese exclusive events: In the case of ones that get releases elsewhere, then allow the Japanese counterparts too. This applies the same rules to all Japanese only events, instead of different ones which make little/no sense. Or...

Allow JApanese exclusive events soon after the event take place: Let's face the facts, people already trade these events here anyway. Usually via PM/VM. And even though VMs and PMs can be reported and regulated, they often aren't. Even in the Event thread, a post can be there for days asking for a movie event before it gets deleted, if it ever does.

I'm personally in favor of the second, even though I got out of event trading long ago and have no desire to get back into it. I'm always in favor of letting it happen publicly so it can be moderated, rather than it be banned and it gets done via AIM or PMs. But at least both of these solutions put all Japanese exclusive events on an even scale.

James Bondage
13th July 2009, 3:24 AM
For those of you wanting to know about the Arceus Event, it is officiallly being released IN JAPAN on the 18th of this month.

Also, I have PM'd SkittyOnWailord about the US Shores rule, and Skitty does not personally agree with it, stating that iwas the majority decision of other mods here at Serebii to have that rule. This rule is in place due to the possibilty of hack being traded.

Though I can see the moderators points on this, any SERIOUS event collectors are going to know the difference. The US Shores rule should be removed. It should be the responsability of the people trading to know EXACTLY what they are trading to each other. What happens on the forums would be a moderators bussiness, what happens while trading Pokes on the Nintendo DS, however, should not be.

de_darkrai
13th July 2009, 8:32 AM

Movie for Arceus has been distributed by Theater Tokyo and Osaka at June 5.So,pre-released Arceus is spreading now...but someone have making us disappointed...making hacks and spreading around lovely traders...

no i was asking for a shiny jirachi, which can be obtained legitimately from wishmaker bonus disc and pokemon channel

WISKMKR can be shiny...and ONLY a few GBA events can be shiny...but not 10 ANIV/ANNI/ANNIV/JAHRE

yea,that's right...Admins & Mods =sick of hacks,aswell as me :)

hacking=terrible...so,it's not allowed here

For those of you wanting to know about the Arceus Event, it is officiallly being released IN JAPAN on the 18th of this month.

Also, I have PM'd SkittyOnWailord about the US Shores rule, and Skitty does not personally agree with it, stating that iwas the majority decision of other mods here at Serebii to have that rule. This rule is in place due to the possibilty of hack being traded.

Though I can see the moderators points on this, any SERIOUS event collectors are going to know the difference. The US Shores rule should be removed. It should be the responsability of the people trading to know EXACTLY what they are trading to each other. What happens on the forums would be a moderators bussiness, what happens while trading Pokes on the Nintendo DS, however, should not be.
yea,exactly

pkfan
14th July 2009, 12:06 AM
Is there a way to skip the US shore rule for the arceus event since we really, REALLY, would like to have one... also, why the US shore rule didn´t applied to the pikachu coloured pichu (shokotan pichu)?

Ellie
14th July 2009, 1:00 AM
All right guys, let's try not to derail this thread. It's suggestions, not debating back and forth :/.

Anyways, the reasoning behind some Pokemon (Arceus, shiny Jirachi, etc) being "forbidden" is that they're in such high demand with so few available that many of them are likely to be hacks. The Movie Arceus will not lift its ban, but if a WiFi event for Arceus (even if it's only for Japan) will lift it because it'll increase the number of available ones greatly. Same thing if there is ever a SRable Jirachi or Celebi event. If you don't like that rule, PM Joe himself because that's his rule.

As for the other Japanese events being available, they're not in as high of a demand. Yes, PCP is popular, but you can still get a regular shiny Pichu, as such it's not in quite as high of a demand. This is the only way to get a legit Arceus so far, so it's in very high demand and it's very unlikely that you'll be able to get a legitimate one (barring AR clones, because SPPf doesn't endorse using AR, even for cloning).

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/de_darkrai/Serebii.jpg

IMO,^this looks annoying...i think serebii nid to remove that...

and having own thread wasn't the best idea for Serebiiforums...but,one more thing>Event Trading Thread=sucks,coz someone will double-posting,or even triple...and TRADERS will post his/her list again and again in the new page of the topic,XD...and some traders have a HUGE list,if we wanna find sth,IMO>it hurts my eyes so much sometimes...although there's a button [CTRL+F]...

i haven't came here for several days...Ellie added sth[this topic]...wow,KOOl...open-minded,i should say "finally"

anyway,it's juz my opinions....but i hope i can get some solutions for ya...:)
Uh, remove what? I'm not sure what you're even saying.

where can i try and trade items with people?
is there a thread for that?
if so it's hard to find.
if not. WHY THE HELL NOT.
It's like the most obvious thing ever. and desperately needed.
Look in the exact forum that this one is in. There is one.

There's nothing on there.
Change your post settings. You have to have it showing threads since "The Beginning" since they're over 2 years old.

Erik Destler
14th July 2009, 1:00 AM

I tried getting rid of it myself - I think it's a bit ridics. at this point, and I got a big fat gtfo and stfu

randomspot555
14th July 2009, 2:13 AM
If it's Joe's rule and that's it, then obviously it will stay no matter what others say. It's just a ridiculous rule. The trades are still being conducted here via PMs and VMs. Lifting the rule will at least let them happen publicly and be able to be moderated in a more efficient fashion.

I also really don't buy that it has a higher amount of hacks. I've been in the Wi-Fi chat doing a trade and a guy had 5 of his Pokemon with ID "0000" and OT "????". I've faced a Scizor in the Battle forum with the move Earthquake. Hacks are, for better or for worse, part of the trading process. It's an inherent risk involved with EVERY possible trade, not just special legendary movie events. It should be a users responsibility to be knowledgable enough to detect hacks, and mods responsibility to monitor what's posted. And banning these trades flat out just causes users to take it to PMs or off-site stuff, where with little/no moderation, hacks will get by and nothing will be done about it.

That being said, I'll just re-iterate before that I really don't see anything wrong with the trade forum. The stickies have been done nicely, I like the individual Pokeon threads. Some increased mod presence would be nice, not because the current moderation is lacking, but simply because the trade forum is so big.

Actually, there's one other thing that would be good. What about a forum event list? I know that the main site has one, but it's not constantly up to date. A forum list could at least be edited by the appropriate staff, and updated as soon as information is discovered.

Aeros
14th July 2009, 2:50 AM
I think a thread for evolutionary trades would be great.
That way, people could find other people who need such a service and trade with them.
'Cause, sometimes, you'll arrange with someone to do this simple service, and they'll run off with your pokemon when you trade it to them.

James Bondage
14th July 2009, 2:18 PM
That way, people could find other people who need such a service and trade with them.
'Cause, sometimes, you'll arrange with someone to do this simple service, and they'll run off with your pokemon when you trade it to them.

I'm not sure this would be viable for a thread. Most people know the GTS Evolution trick. I think, at best, have a locked sticky stating the steps of how to do the GTS Evolution trick might be helpful though. Kind of like what they have for the PBR section about the Unlockables for that game.

I will volunteer to type this up. When it is completed I will pass it along to SkittyOnWailord, Ellie, or Erik Destler and request it be stickied in the trade forums.

I think a sticky such as the one I stated woud help the users not get their Pokemon's stolen, and help the mods, so that a full, Evolution Trade thread wouldn't be necessary. Everybody wins! :)

Ellie
14th July 2009, 10:28 PM
You say that sometimes people run off with it, but setting up a specific thread for it won't change that. No matter what rules we set up, ultimately, the only one responsible for your trades and making sure you don't get ripped off is you, and that would still apply with a specific thread, so I really don't see how that's helpful.

James Bondage
15th July 2009, 2:02 AM
You say that sometimes people run off with it, but setting up a specific thread for it won't change that. No matter what rules we set up, ultimately, the only one responsible for your trades and making sure you don't get ripped off is you, and that would still apply with a specific thread, so I really don't see how that's helpful.

Were you responding to me, or Aeros?

I'm not sure this would be viable for a thread. Most people know the GTS Evolution trick. I think, at best, have a locked sticky stating the steps of how to do the GTS Evolution trick might be helpful though. Kind of like what they have for the PBR section about the Unlockables for that game.

I will volunteer to type this up. When it is completed I will pass it along to SkittyOnWailord, Ellie, or Erik Destler and request it be stickied in the trade forums.

I think a sticky such as the one I stated woud help the users not get their Pokemon's stolen, and help the mods, so that a full, Evolution Trade thread wouldn't be necessary. Everybody wins! :)

Also, isn't what you said a little hypocritical?

"No matter what rules we set up, ultimately, the only one responsible for your trades and making sure you don't get ripped off is you..."

Serebii will allow players to get "Ripped Off" if they aren't responsible for what they are trading, yet Serebii practices a "No Trade" policy with other Pokes (*cougharceuscough*), because they are affraid of hackers ripping people off?

Could you make an attempt to at least be honest with people and let them know it is a case by case basis as to what we here at Serebii will follow the guidelines of, when we are bored, and if we feel like it.

Below would be the example of what I would be talking about forn not all that many posts ago......

All right guys, let's try not to derail this thread. It's suggestions, not debating back and forth :/.

Anyways, the reasoning behind some Pokemon (Arceus, shiny Jirachi, etc) being "forbidden" is that they're in such high demand with so few available that many of them are likely to be hacks. The Movie Arceus will not lift its ban, but if a WiFi event for Arceus (even if it's only for Japan) will lift it because it'll increase the number of available ones greatly. Same thing if there is ever a SRable Jirachi or Celebi event. If you don't like that rule, PM Joe himself because that's his rule.

As for the other Japanese events being available, they're not in as high of a demand. Yes, PCP is popular, but you can still get a regular shiny Pichu, as such it's not in quite as high of a demand. This is the only way to get a legit Arceus so far, so it's in very high demand and it's very unlikely that you'll be able to get a legitimate one (barring AR clones, because SPPf doesn't endorse using AR, even for cloning).

Case and point, everyone must understand the mods here at Serebii will moderate your trade when when, and if, they feel like it.

Aeros
15th July 2009, 1:46 PM
What I'm saying is that if people are able to find other people who want the same service, then there is less of a chance of them running off during the trade because the other person still has their pokemon. The pokemon, in effect, become collaterl (sp?) so that the other person will hold up their end of the deal.

James Bondage
15th July 2009, 3:23 PM

What I'm saying is that if people are able to find other people who want the same service, then there is less of a chance of them running off during the trade because the other person still has their pokemon. The pokemon, in effect, become collaterl (sp?) so that the other person will hold up their end of the deal.

Jesus Christ, did either of you bother reading my post??? Here, I will post a shortened version of what I said I was going to type up before...

Step 1) Put the Pokemon you want to evolve onto the GTS, and ask for something impossible in return (i.e. A level 1-9 Charizard).

Step 2) Search for, and trade for something that is easily obtainable, and a person wouldn't be asking alot for (i.e. A low level Bidoof).

Step 3) When that trade has been completed, take back the Pokemon you ofered for the level 1-9 Charizard. It will Evolve.

*side note* This also works for Pokemon that need held items to evolve, as well. Just make sure they are holding the correct hold item.

REALLY...do you think an entire thread needs to be devoted to the forums for something that is really that easy???

Ellie
16th July 2009, 7:22 PM
I was responding to Aeros. And you're being quite rude, so stop it if you don't want to get punished. That statement is not true at all. We put rules/guidelines in place to help people not get scammed, but as far as "services" go, we can't do anything if your Pokemon gets stolen. We're not magic and can't take your Pokemon from the other person's game and give it back to you. My main point is that making a thread like that won't change that fact. So stop making assumptions.

James Bondage
17th July 2009, 3:15 AM
I was responding to Aeros. And you're being quite rude, so stop it if you don't want to get punished. That statement is not true at all. We put rules/guidelines in place to help people not get scammed, but as far as "services" go, we can't do anything if your Pokemon gets stolen. We're not magic and can't take your Pokemon from the other person's game and give it back to you. My main point is that making a thread like that won't change that fact. So stop making assumptions.

Sorry for being rude, but that would be my point. You can put rules in place to assist users to not get scammed in an evoluution trade, but those same rule don't apply to that new poke that has been deemed unmetionable in these threads. Really...What gives???

Ellie
17th July 2009, 7:04 AM
Huh? The rule DOES apply. Arceus isn't allowed because it's too easy to get scammed. You're not making sense.

Tad
17th July 2009, 11:40 AM
Don't know if anyone has suggested thsi yet but, an ID Number trading thread.
Basicly go to jubilife, find your ID number out for the day. post it and see if anyone is willing to help, or can help :)

James Bondage
18th July 2009, 2:11 AM
Huh? The rule DOES apply. Arceus isn't allowed because it's too easy to get scammed. You're not making sense.

Which is part of my point. The mods are willing to try and help those that got scammed in the forums on something like an evolution trade, but the mods are not able to do the same with certain, specific event pokes. It makes absolutely no sense at all. I know this might be a little far fetched, but couldn't there be one or two people that could moderate ONLY the event thread?

ancient pray
18th July 2009, 3:59 PM
what about making a thread that only goes for lvl 100 EV trained pokemon?

Prince Amrod
18th July 2009, 4:29 PM
an ev trained thread would be a gd addition. not all level their trained pokemon to 100 though, only some who have the time do so. it would be better to leave it open for any who ev train pokemon and then trade them off

pkfan
18th July 2009, 4:34 PM
an ev trained thread would be a gd addition. not all level their trained pokemon to 100 though, only some who have the time do so. it would be better to leave it open for any who ev train pokemon and then trade them off

that´s a good idea, to leave open that fact, it would be better to request if the person want the pokemon to be at lvl 100 or just EV trained...

I still say a IV thread would be nice too...

Prince Amrod
18th July 2009, 4:39 PM
maybe they can be combined into one thread? there aint much point in my opinion making 2 threads wen it doesnt seem to be necessary

jackass2911
22nd July 2009, 12:25 AM
can you plz go to pe2k/forum and change the trade thread to te way they have it its sooooooooo much beter

de_darkrai
22nd July 2009, 1:42 PM
Which is part of my point. The mods are willing to try and help those that got scammed in the forums on something like an evolution trade, but the mods are not able to do the same with certain, specific event pokes. It makes absolutely no sense at all. I know this might be a little far fetched, but couldn't there be one or two people that could moderate ONLY the event thread?

i wanna be the MOD of the Event Trade Thread :)

shinylover24
23rd July 2009, 2:29 AM
Don't know if anyone has suggested thsi yet but, an ID Number trading thread.
Basicly go to jubilife, find your ID number out for the day. post it and see if anyone is willing to help, or can help :)

I like this idea :) it's a good way to share and get new id numbers to help increase your chances!

VSU Dragon
24th July 2009, 7:09 PM
ok I am very new around here but I do have a suggestion. I am a MOD for a tcg site (no not a pokemon tcg site) and one of the best additions we had was the i trader system. Basicly what this does is it allows people to give you a plus or a minus and a comment with your trades. If you trade a hacked pokemon then you get a minus. If you are a good trader you get a plus. This way I can look at someone and see that they have a rating of 231 (my current rating on other said site) and I know that that is a person I can trust. I think this can go a long way to helping people out. It also scares off a lot of the hackers or people who steal pokes. Just an idea but it really does work out well.

randomspot555
24th July 2009, 10:30 PM
ok I am very new around here but I do have a suggestion. I am a MOD for a tcg site (no not a pokemon tcg site) and one of the best additions we had was the i trader system. Basicly what this does is it allows people to give you a plus or a minus and a comment with your trades. If you trade a hacked pokemon then you get a minus. If you are a good trader you get a plus. This way I can look at someone and see that they have a rating of 231 (my current rating on other said site) and I know that that is a person I can trust. I think this can go a long way to helping people out. It also scares off a lot of the hackers or people who steal pokes. Just an idea but it really does work out well.

That sounds like the reputation system, which can be quite abused and was ultimately decided not to be re-started due to some technical error. The thread might still be in the Announcements forum.

And I don't think people deserve to get tarnished if someone unknowingly trades a hacked Pokemon, especially when it isn't an obvious hack (IE isn't on the visible summary of a Pokemon).

wks9000
25th July 2009, 12:50 PM
i would like for the trade forum to feature a time zone clock or link to time zone clock i am really horrible with the whole time zone thing and i think it would help a lot of people with there trades so if is possible i think the would be a major help to the trade forum as well for the battle forum plus it would help keep trades in order that's my suggestion

VSU Dragon
25th July 2009, 5:38 PM
That sounds like the reputation system, which can be quite abused and was ultimately decided not to be re-started due to some technical error. The thread might still be in the Announcements forum.

And I don't think people deserve to get tarnished if someone unknowingly trades a hacked Pokemon, especially when it isn't an obvious hack (IE isn't on the visible summary of a Pokemon).

Well again if you trade for a poke from someone else then you should let the other person who you are then trading it to that you got it in a trade. This kinda handles that whole problem.
Also it is not nearlly as horrible as the rep system. The rep system is just dumb IMO we tried that as well and quickly got rid of it. The way this system works is before you actually do the trade both people have to let the system know that they are doing the trade. Then after the trade you can rate that person. The best part is once someone gives you a raiting then cannot add to your raiting score. So you can't have two friends try to just constanly bump each other or a circle of ten (as with the Rep system) just sit there and go in a circle of reps bumping. The thing is it is kinda like a safety blanket. For new people to the site. I know I am new and I haven't got a clue as to who is trustworthy and who isn't. So if I trade for a hacked I'm like that sux and I can just write it my notebook and remember not to trade with that person again.

James Bondage
27th July 2009, 2:02 PM

This sounds alot like E-Bay.

VSU Dragon
27th July 2009, 3:32 PM
in a way it is sim to E-Bay.

intrnd
30th July 2009, 8:29 PM
We appreciate all of the suggestions we've received. At the moment, we're considering a number of changes to the Trade Forum; hence this thread is being seen as somewhat redundant, and will be closed for now.

Ellie
27th August 2010, 2:03 AM
ok guys

this thread is being re-opened for the time being, but please keep any suggestions civil. also note that the TF mods are already discussing some changes, so you may see some soon. and remember that there is no guarantee of anything suggested being done, no matter who/how many people support something.

Mr Chili
27th August 2010, 2:43 AM
I'd like to see a IV trading thread, something like you ask for a pokemon in the specific egg group and what stat you want with a 31 IV and the breed you one using their power item and so on and so forth.

darksteel88
27th August 2010, 5:11 PM
Hey Ellie. Some things may or may not have been said on here before, but I think either way, they need to be said again.

The Serebii trading forums are, well, not that great, which is why this topic exists. Here's a few problems/suggestions I have.

1) The load times are terrible, and it's not my network. It's whomever is hosting the servers, not sure what you can or would do but it's definitely an issue right off the bat.

2) People need to be able to make their own various threads. Instead of me posting in a trade thread for events, let me make my own topic. A new forum for groups like EV, shiny, events would work.

3) I don't think forums for specific gen/Pokemon is so great. I think it could all go into one giant topic for small requests. That seems to clutter up the board but a single topic would work much better.

@Ellie, I'm thinking you would make it like ours where we distinguish certain things and then model the way we make topics after Neoseeker. I think that is ultimately the best thing for a forum like this.

Personally as a trader, because of these issues with the board, I don't use it, as big as a trader I have been in the past. I really hope that some of the staff agrees with me on some issues and allows some changes to be made.

prettyRAVEgrrL
5th September 2010, 7:39 PM
an Xpress thread of some sort for Quick Trades of Pokemon & misc.

maybe ther is one that im missing... im silly like that :p

twigadee
8th September 2010, 5:25 AM
I reckon, that the trade forums should be separated from the battle forums because, I noticed that whenever i check the wifi centre, the heading/ new threads are very often from the battle forum. When this happens, people/new forum users would not be bothered checking the trade forums. By separating both sub-forums, this problem would not exist.

Centipod128
25th September 2010, 4:45 AM
I think you should add a Egg Spinning forum so some of us can trade our eggs and get stuff radomly.

Lagoon
24th October 2010, 10:28 PM
Hi,

i think that if members could have a personal page where they put all thier list, your way to do things could be great.

Folks wouldn't put a fast request and have to do it again 3 pages later if no answer...
We just would have to put our name on the thread and admin could edit first post with name list.
That way, if (for exemple) i'd like to see EV'd pkm, i go on the thread, first page.
Seeing the name witch subscribed here, i visit thier personal page and PM them if interested by something.

Lorde
24th October 2010, 10:30 PM
Hi,

i think that if members could have a personal page where they put all thier list, your way to do things could be great.

Folks wouldn't put a fast request and have to do it again 3 pages later if no answer...
We just would have to put our name on the thread and admin could edit first post with name list.
That way, if (for exemple) i'd like to see EV'd pkm, i go on the thread, first page.
Seeing the name witch subscribed here, i visit thier personal page and PM them if interested by something.

You mean Trade Shops (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)? We already have those here.

Lagoon
24th October 2010, 10:56 PM
You mean Trade Shops (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)? We already have those here.

Oh... it was after all the families thing.
Yes and no.

Well i don't think i would have had that idea if i found the trade shop place when i was looking for it ^^

But...
the forum seems to have difficulties, it's very slow.

If members get thier owne page, everything could be done with PM and it would be much easier to find what you're looking for thanks to the name list on approprieted threads.

Blue Raja
16th December 2010, 11:36 PM
REALLY!
is it necessary to spam every friggin' thread on the trade page?
WHEN YOUR POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POKEMON THREAD YOUR SPAMMING ALL OVER!!!

REALLY!
is it realistic or fair to ask for rare or special pokemon then follow with something to the effect of "i just started my game so I don't have very much to offer...(whine,whine,sniff,snort)

REALLY!
do you have to post offers that are obviously hacked?

mad_toast_boy
17th December 2010, 7:40 AM
I think you should add a Egg Spinning forum so some of us can trade our eggs and get stuff radomly.

are you are suggesting that we wouldn't tell eachother whats in the egg? i REALLY like this idea because you could end up with something pretty good, plus there is the element of surprise. a bonus of this is that you cannot exactly get 'scammed'. For example, if i trade a phione egg and i get a magikarp back, it not actually that bad, all i lost was an egg that can easily be replaced, and also the magikarp could have decent ivs or beneficial nature, so when eveolved is actually pretty.
so yeah, i completeley back this improvement and hope it has been noticed

Dangertrout
17th December 2010, 3:27 PM
Egg spinning forum does sound cool, and i have plenty of eggs with egg move pokemon in them. (i bred one of each pokemon, shuffled the eggs and a bunch of us played through our gen 4 games with random teams) i dont recall seeing the option outside of the union room tho... is the spin option available in the wifi dungeon?

fd203
14th January 2011, 2:33 AM
How about adding place to offer free pokes? sometime i got leftover breeding, shame to trash them. also can offering new ppl starter pokes, so they wouldnt keep asking and have nothing to offer.

Wrath89
14th January 2011, 2:52 AM
I personally wouldn't mind seeing an RNG trading thread. I know there's some dispute over whether or not RNG is considered cheating, but I know a lot of people wouldn't mind trading for pokemon that have been RNG'd and might actually prefer to trade for them.

cannibaleyes
14th January 2011, 4:59 AM
I personally wouldn't mind seeing an RNG trading thread. I know there's some dispute over whether or not RNG is considered cheating, but I know a lot of people wouldn't mind trading for pokemon that have been RNG'd and might actually prefer to trade for them.

I second this idea. I would definitely use that thread a lot. =D

scizor42
4th February 2011, 12:03 AM
I suggest that you put up a thread on guidelines for people who are new. Like, for example, don't make ridiculous offers (like your shiny flawless jolly birth-island deoxys for my bidoof).

KMilliron
6th February 2011, 11:28 PM
What if we set up a live chat box? Like a simple one, and anyone who's willing to do a trade will be on there and be like "Hey!" and the benefits of it being a live chat instead of a forum would be the fact that you know that who you're talking to is instantly available rather than IMing eachother here trying to figure out a time.

fd203
7th February 2011, 12:07 AM
What if we set up a live chat box? Like a simple one, and anyone who's willing to do a trade will be on there and be like "Hey!" and the benefits of it being a live chat instead of a forum would be the fact that you know that who you're talking to is instantly available rather than IMing eachother here trying to figure out a time.

there is a chat room, http://www.serebii.net/chat.shtml

KMilliron
7th February 2011, 12:34 AM
there is a chat room, http://www.serebii.net/chat.shtml

Sorry I must have missed that. Thanks for the link.

And as for egg spinning my friend and I do that all the time. It'd be epic to do it on a larger scale!

phetty
7th February 2011, 1:31 PM
I looked and didn't see, but how about a topic specifically for evolving pokemon that require trading. It'd make finding someone to help you evolve those certain pokemon easier.

Matt36
2nd March 2011, 3:21 AM
How about a Thread for Black & White starter Trading?

Could help those who are buying it in Europe on Friday, get all 3 starters before they start their quest?

I like to start with all 3, maybe others 2?

Dangertrout
2nd March 2011, 3:37 AM

Could help those who are buying it in Europe on Friday, get all 3 starters before they start their quest?

try the 5th gen trading subforum http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=220 =)

Matt36
2nd March 2011, 4:30 AM
I will be and have =) Maybe a temp thread might be a good idea with the release of the new game being global from Friday?

Just a thought, really. And certainly not to take away anything from B&W thread or yourself, Dangertrout for posting :)

But a 'Temp' starter trade thread does make sense in some ways?

Dangertrout
2nd March 2011, 4:45 AM
I will be and have =) Maybe a temp thread might be a good idea with the release of the new game being global from Friday?

Just a thought, really. And certainly not to take away anything from B&W thread or yourself, Dangertrout for posting :)

But a 'Temp' starter trade thread does make sense in some ways?

well, yes it makes sense in a way, but i think it may be more trouble than its worth for the mods. we can just use the threads in the Unova subforum of the 5th Gen WiFi Center and post in the thread for the starter we have and ask for the ones we're missing.

Matt36
2nd March 2011, 4:48 AM
I don't think it would be trouble? It's more of a getting started thread. It's only an idea. NOt like I'm demanding it or expecting it.

It was just an idea to separate the starting 3 pokemon before the quest starts, then use the GEN V thread for everything, for a certain length of time, whilst people got started and settled.

Again, JUST AN IDEA! :)

Meowth City
2nd March 2011, 6:15 PM

I agree. Definitely want all three starters part of my team, I haven't done that since Pokemon Yellow and that's only because you get them as part of the story. But yeah, would be nice to actually START your journey with all three. Serebii please could you make this thread because I'll definitely use it.

Dangertrout
2nd March 2011, 7:03 PM
I don't think it would be trouble? It's more of a getting started thread. It's only an idea. NOt like I'm demanding it or expecting it.

It was just an idea to separate the starting 3 pokemon before the quest starts, then use the GEN V thread for everything, for a certain length of time, whilst people got started and settled.

Again, JUST AN IDEA! :)

I agree. Definitely want all three starters part of my team, I haven't done that since Pokemon Yellow and that's only because you get them as part of the story. But yeah, would be nice to actually START your journey with all three. Serebii please could you make this thread because I'll definitely use it.

I'm just saying, you can easily get the starters. just go to the trade thread for the one you want in the 5th gen trade forum, right now there are several people just giving them away. No need for a new thread, because what you want is already there =)

ItzmeWolfman
2nd April 2011, 2:02 PM
I think you should be able to have a live chat so everybody can see what you are trading then you can quickly contact each other if a person has a pokemon that you are asking for.
Also, you could make the profiles more detailed

The Nemesis
5th April 2011, 9:08 PM
a "dex entry" trade thread would be nice. Like the one from the B/W section

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=497384

Even though I have White now, I'm still trying to finish off my pokedex in pearl

FormeEon
6th April 2011, 3:43 AM
I think you should have it somewhere that the 4th generation Trade Forum and the 5th Generation trade forum are two completely different things. I just say this, because after BW came out, I've seen people who are offering Zorua and etc., in the 4th generation thread, where Zorua shouldnt exist. Its bound to cause anger and confusion when people are looking through the 4th generation trade forum with a D,P,Pt,Hg,or Ss, and then find out that the person who has the pokemon they want was offering it in the wrong thread since they have it in BW.

SSJCerious
17th April 2011, 6:03 PM
Why is it that there's no "Help evolve your Pokemon" in the 4th gen trading board?

theagony87
22nd April 2011, 6:24 PM
if there is anyone who is kind out there who is willing to trade these specific pokemon plz contact me:
shiny lvl 1 axew male
shiny lvl 1 zoruoa male
genesect
maloetta
and the last of the horse trio.
like i said IDC if they r HACKS!!!!:635:

Kenjifujima
14th May 2011, 8:58 AM
everyone must understand the mods here to host your business when Serebii when and if they want.

PokemonAndDBZ
15th May 2011, 7:41 PM
A thread for people to help each other out with their pokedexes?

x2champa2x
21st May 2011, 8:12 AM
anyone online right now who wants to do a quick trade so i can evolve my haunter? i don't have much to offer, although i'd be happy to offer a salac berry in return for the favor! thanks, and feel free to PM me! will only take a second and i'd greatly appreciate it :D

OJG
14th June 2011, 8:23 PM
I think a 'Help Me Out' thread would be good; things like looking after pokemon while you start a new game, evolving trade pokemon, podex entries etc would all be found in that thread.

Shreyas
24th July 2011, 8:31 PM
Well, I've been trading here a while, and I've noticed a lot of people don't even know where their Pokemon are coming from. So, I suggest a thread to post everyone's original trainers, and ID numbers, AND the username (from a forum) of the original owner. Or, maybe even have a rule saying give username credit unless the Pokemon is yours.

How would this help?
Say a Pokemon is hacked, you can track down the original owner of the Pokemon, and "black list" him/her. And, some Pokemon do not come with Full Redis rights, so you can track down the original owner and ask about Redistribution. This will make trading a low more comfortable if it comes from someone a lot of people trust.

Zoruagible
4th September 2011, 11:53 PM
I would like to see a thread where you can get helping trading between your fourth gen games. Say I have a shiny torterra on Diamond, and want it on Platinum someone could help me trade it over

hugokyremrayquaza
18th September 2011, 1:40 PM
id like a sevices thread where you could offer/request sevices for instance rnging ev training cloning ect

Cosmic Fury
6th October 2011, 5:41 AM
^I think this would be really good...

I ask for RNG services all the time, and I've always found the Shiny Trading Thread to not be the best place for that...

It would also be very good if all our good RNGers to see that thread, so that they can also pick and choose who to message, cause they have the best things to offer! ^_^

absolutKEL
27th October 2011, 1:41 PM
Anyone can add me in Pokemon Pearl and leave their Friend Code and Name?
Name: KeLviN
Friend Code: 2151 1290 0484

can anyone add me and send your name and friend code to my email "absolutKEL@gmail.com" ? i am new to this game and i really need some friends thks :)

darknova
27th October 2011, 7:57 PM
I would like to see a thread where you can get helping trading between your fourth gen games. Say I have a shiny torterra on Diamond, and want it on Platinum someone could help me trade it over

or better yet, a thread where you can get help trading from 4th gen to 5th gen, for those of us who only have 1 ds.

Koolkat72
6th November 2011, 4:51 PM
I think it should be like the before opinions, where we each post our pokemon and other people can offer that way, making it much easier =3

Beastpoke87
20th April 2012, 7:59 PM
i don't know if this was said but there should be a simple request thread for people who need there pokemon to be traded for it to evolve

Cosmic Fury
23rd April 2012, 11:06 PM
There is, but it's in the 5th Gen Wifi Center. You can't miss it, as it's with all the other trading threads.

bigdix77
2nd August 2012, 1:35 AM
For people who are looking to evolve pokemon through trade

Markness
7th August 2012, 2:27 AM
anyone have a shinny charmander?! been hunting one for ages!

PM!

P.s. havent got many shinny's but i have some good low/high level pokemon with some good move sets

pug6666
12th November 2012, 6:05 PM
Make an official thread for item trading.

Venomous lucario
23rd November 2012, 4:46 PM
Make a trading thread for newer forum members

AmazingAvenger
21st February 2013, 1:30 AM
Im new and Im just getting back into pokemon I only have heartgold for now is there any way i can get someone to trade with me???

Sapphire Dragon
6th May 2013, 8:32 PM
or better yet, a thread where you can get help trading from 4th gen to 5th gen, for those of us who only have 1 ds.
I agree with this.

Also, I think a good idea would be to create a thread exclusively for people who want to get the Jade Orb- with a list of people willing to lend legit Kyogre/Groudon and their lending requirements. There's too many people who could just clone them and make off with legit Pokemon lended to them. In that same thread should be a blacklist of people who have scammed someone before, so they can't do it again.