PDA

View Full Version : New evolutions in D/P

AlCario
10th July 2009, 11:13 AM
As you probably know, there have been a lot of new evos/pre-evos to older pokemon that have been introduced in the 4th gen. For example, Budew and Mamoswine to Roselia and Piloswine respectively. What did you think of these new evolutions? Is it nice to see DPPt following in the footsteps of GSC?

Personally, I was happy with the new evolutions, they made some of the older, forgotten, pokemon more recognisable. However, some didn't really add much to the game, like Ambipom IMO.

Banana_Split
10th July 2009, 11:21 AM
In my opinion, they are all great. Especially Magmortar and the two new evolutions of Eevee are great. Maybe it are too much new evolutions, but I like them.

Sanderkeuh
10th July 2009, 11:38 AM
I don't like them. They look lame imo.

Mrpuc
10th July 2009, 12:46 PM
I love electivire, he looks cool. but i really dont like licky licky.

miuraUU
10th July 2009, 12:52 PM
at first I hated them but now after a wile I kinda like them:P

Dragodynamite
10th July 2009, 12:54 PM
I like some, and dont like some. I like Mime Jr, Froslass, Leafeon, Electivire and Rhyperior. But those are those.

fschulze47
10th July 2009, 1:23 PM
I love them all, we knew there would be surprises, but we were never aware that the evolved pokemon would be so obscure. Pokemon like Nosepass, Piloswine, and Yanma now have a chance to shine.

Bardische
10th July 2009, 1:43 PM
Porygon-Z is better in with it's monstrous special attack stat, but lost the better defenses of Porygon2.

Electivire is a big upside to Electabuzz. Earthquake is a nice addition as well.

Magmortar is good. Good special attack and all that.

Mamoswine = Curse, Ice Shard, Earthquake, Protect with Quick Claw

Togekiss is still the best Para Flincher. Shaymin-S is just a fast flincher, IMO.

Captain Noob
10th July 2009, 6:48 PM
I liked most of the evolutions, but I was expecting more after seeing what there was. Y'know... like Pokémon such as Sneasel and Porygon2 getting good Evos, but they were already okay before. What I mean is that there are some much more worthy Pokés out there, like a Dunsparce evolution, or those Pokés that get shunted and forgetten about like Stantler or Luvdisc. But still, all the new evos are cool. I was very happy to see Tangrowth as Tangela used to be a fave of mine. Also, I liked the pre-evos that added more sense like Bonsly/Mime Jr. and Munchlax because the three evos were too powerful to be standalones. But there are still other that need them, and most desperately is Kangaskhan, that darned baby in the pouch is too weird.

X502XedgeX
10th July 2009, 7:01 PM
i think its great that they have keep old pokemon in the loop.......i mean without those evo's, even if you dont use the new evo's/pre evo's, you still got to get them, and some like rypherion are actually really good in some areas

The Flash
10th July 2009, 7:05 PM
pokemon like piloswine who were outdated got major upgrades. sneasel was a nice boost too, and pokemon who were normally passed over got a second chance to shine. rhyperior=awesome.

X502XedgeX
10th July 2009, 7:25 PM
ohh yeah and gallade was an amazing addition to the pokemon world

Silent Conversation
10th July 2009, 11:19 PM
I really like the new 4th gen evolutions. They've really introduced some great Pokemon, such as Electivire, Magmortar and Gallade, which really toughened up their evolution lines.

Pokemon-Dratini
10th July 2009, 11:24 PM
out of all the evolutions that were added i like most of them, especially roserade and Mamoswine the only ones i dont really like are Ambipom and Probopass

X502XedgeX
11th July 2009, 12:33 AM
togikiss was also a great addition, man now that i think about it, all the new editions, well EVO's not pre EVO's were great, as for the little tikes, i really dont know, if they had a gameplay mode that you could only use them it would be cool then maybe we could see if they were a good add or if we could have done without

Omastar ftw!
11th July 2009, 12:39 AM
The best evolution (for me) was probopass...I don't know why? Its just I think that nosepass deserved an evolution....

Aresol
11th July 2009, 12:40 AM
It took me a while to warm up to some of them.
Some Pokemon just don't really seem like they need an additional evolution, but after looking them over a bit and playing them they've grown on me.
That being said it's still quite a hit and miss perspective on most.
I either love(Ambipom and Electivire) or hate(Tangela's evolution and Magmar's) them.

Zenotwapal
11th July 2009, 2:36 AM
Most of them are fine.

In fact, they affected the comp. environment alot.

Ex: Magnezone.

tom-tom
11th July 2009, 2:43 AM
I like most of them except rhyperior. my fave is Lickilicky

Lucariofan-atic
11th July 2009, 2:50 AM
Some of them are great, some are not.
I like most.. except Probopass. My favorite is Electivire and Magmortar.

Zhanton
11th July 2009, 3:03 AM
I think they overdid the evolutions. Alot of pokes that got them didn't need them (Rhydon and Dusclops were strong enough) and some missed out. If Magmar and Electabuzz got evos, Jynx should've too, seeing as they are a trio of sorts.

The pre-evos were good. I like Bonsly.

lvl100blastoise
11th July 2009, 4:52 AM
I like alot of them but my god what did they do to tangela

Dracomaster16
11th July 2009, 5:18 AM
Gallade is fight. Electrivire is my new prized poke. Tangrowth looks like a giant vagina with eyes.

Mooites
11th July 2009, 5:25 AM
Some of the new evos are nice, but I dont like most of them. Pokemon like Magmar and Electabuzz, in my opinon, were fine just the way they were.

And evolving these new evolutions is made so hard, with all those items you need.

doku888
11th July 2009, 5:36 AM
They gave EVO's to most of the weak pokemon with one stage, or pokemon with a baby stage. Maknig those pokemon have a purpose again as a NFE or baby pokemon put them back in play. I really like all the new ones, since they bring new moves/Abilities. To competetive play.

GriZzm0
11th July 2009, 5:52 AM
I like the two new evolutions of Eevee.
Glaceon I think, and Leafeon.

Shadow Tepi 8
11th July 2009, 6:25 AM
I personally like most of them, Gallade, Magnezone, Porygon Z and the new Eeveelutions in particular.

It was also interesting to see that they all required a certain way to evolve, IIRC.

Ri-Chan
11th July 2009, 6:29 AM
I really like Gallade. Its a nice addition to that family.

maxelle
11th July 2009, 7:09 AM
I really think Yanmega is the best of them all. But Frosslass, Dusknoir, Gallade, and Electivire are also really cool.
But I only really despise the baby pokemon. I just never use them. I'll catch em just to level them up and get space for the dex.

Calm PokeMaster
11th July 2009, 8:30 AM
Yes,they make a nice change.Especially Roselia.It was the only decent Grass type back in Hoenn but with no evolutions and that was irrtitaing.Its good to see that they have added another evolution to even Kirlia.The new eevelutions are also great,especially Glaceon.

Beotium
11th July 2009, 8:45 AM
For most new evolutions you can say while their looks are very strange, they all improved statwise , I think it's generally a good thing.

AlCario
18th July 2009, 9:00 AM
For most new evolutions you can say while their looks are very strange, they all improved statwise , I think it's generally a good thing.

Isn't better stats the essence of an evolved pokemon? I mean, you wouldn't want to evolve something if its stats got worse, would you? Also, again on the matter of statistics, some new evos didn't actually have good enough stats to make them decent pokes. Example: Ambipom (sorry, ambipom lovers). But I do agree with you about the looks.

Charizard86
26th July 2009, 12:38 AM
I'm glad they added a lot more evolutions to existing pokemon as it does help to add variety to the number od decent pokemon on the competitive playing field. It also fits in with Prof Rowlands jibber jabber about most pokemon evolving and legendaries niot needing too because they are complete already, blah blah blah. :-P