PDA

View Full Version : D/P monotype challenge v2.0

gamerdude123
10th July 2009, 9:33 PM
Welcome all to the D/P/PT Monotype Challenge V.2.0. there was one 4th gen but that one died and i know a lot of people liked it

The aim of the monotype challenge is for you to try and complete the game using only one type. More detail is provided in the rules.

Rules

1. The pokemon may be double-typed, e.g. Butterfree would be acceptable on both a flying team and a bug team.

2. All the pokemon must be based around one type. Here's an example of a ground type team:

geodude
onix
torterra
gastrodon
quagsire
HM slave (or insert pokemon you want here)

3. No ubers. This was changed from legends because it just makes a bit more sense. A list of ubers can be found here
http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber

4. Your challenge ends, either when you arrive in the battle area, or when you defeat/capture heatran, although you are allowed to go further.

5. You may not have two of the same pokemon or two in the same evolution line (e.g buizel+floatzel)

6. If you pick a starter that is not of your type, then it may not be used after you have obtained one pokemon of your chosen type.

7. The pokemon may learn moves through TMs, but you are not allowed to use two of the same TM (e.g. teaching two pokemon solarbeam) or use a HM twice.

8. You may have pokemon of another type in your team, but only as HM slaves, NOT to be used in battle.

9. Post only on this thread to either state which type you are doing, your current progress or to ask for suggestions on which pokemon to use.

10. Have fun!!!

Please PM me any suggestions on how I could improve.

I shall be partisipating in a ground monotype.

Thanks

P.S i want to thanks holy lucario for the awesome idea and i wanted to continue it.

foxyman1167
6th August 2009, 8:41 AM
Alright well in honor of Lance I wanted to do a Dragon style team, not specifically of the Dragon type. I was thinking of this;

Charizard
Gyarados
Dragonite
Kingdra
Flygon
Garchomp

I know the rules say no UBERs but I don't care.

I will update when my challenge begins, and I will be trading eggs to have my full team by Roark. Again, I don't care, it doesn't make the game easier, I need to trade anyway as 4/6 aren't in Diamond.

foxyman1167
26th October 2009, 10:51 PM
Alright well in honor of Lance I wanted to do a Dragon style team, not specifically of the Dragon type. I was thinking of this;

Charizard
Gyarados
Dragonite
Kingdra
Flygon
Garchomp

I know the rules say no UBERs but I don't care.

I will update when my challenge begins, and I will be trading eggs to have my full team by Roark. Again, I don't care, it doesn't make the game easier, I need to trade anyway as 4/6 aren't in Diamond.

First things first, sorry for the double post, and I know the last post was months ago, but I wanna keep this thread alive.

My last Dragon style monotype ended quickly as I wasn't enjoying how slow Diamond was compared to Platinum, so I sold my Diamond and Pearl for a new Platinum, and decided to try a new Ground Monotype.

My final team will be;

;208; ;260; ;445; ;450; ;464; ;473;

I started, named myself Jimmy and my Rival Andrew, and chose Chimchar so my Rival would end with an Empoleon, for a challenge. Did the stuff with my Andrew at the Lake, beat him pretty easily after I got Chimchar, and caught a few random pokemon to trade for eggs. Hatched all the eggs, and currently training them on Route 201;

Onix lvl 10
Mudkip lvl 10
Rhyhorn lvl 10
Gible lvl 10
Swinub lvl 10
Hippopotas lvl 10

Leaf_Blade_Leafeon28
27th October 2009, 2:15 AM
Okay so I am starting an Ice monotype on my Platinum. So far have barely started and am working on my Smoochum.

Final Team will be...
Jynx
Glaceon
Abomasnow
Frosslass
Weavile
Dewgong

SolarPowerX
27th October 2009, 2:35 AM
Sounds like fun. I suppose I'll do a fire mono challange. Are we allowed to send over our pokemon team from our other game, as eggs and such?

Leaf_Blade_Leafeon28
27th October 2009, 2:57 AM
Sounds like fun. I suppose I'll do a fire mono challange. Are we allowed to send over our pokemon team from our other game, as eggs and such?

I am pretty sure at least thats what I do

SolarPowerX
27th October 2009, 3:02 AM
Ok, I suppose my team will be

Infernape
Charizard
Arcanine
Typhlosion
Torkoal
Flareon

foxyman1167
27th October 2009, 3:03 AM

Go ahead, that's what I do. I'm weird like that, as I always breed for males with the right nature and ability, and I enjoy breeding for egg moves too. The rules say you can't, but you aren't forced to follow the rules.

SolarPowerX
27th October 2009, 3:10 AM
hmm, well since technically the rules say I shouldn't, I won't. It'll be more of a challenge that way anyway. I'll get started.

EDIT: after reviewing the pokedex, I realized the only fire types available before the Elite 4 are Chimchar and ponyta, so maybe I will send over a few pokemon.

bleeding-chocobo
27th October 2009, 3:12 AM
I'll do a fire monotype team. Final team will be:

Arcanine
Houndoom
Typhlosion
Infernape
Magmortar
Charizard

I'll get started tomorrow on my Platinum version. Wish me luck!

foxyman1167
30th October 2009, 11:43 PM
Well I finally finished training my team to lvl 10 on Route 201. Everyone is doing nicely, although Onix is a little weak offensively compared to everyone else. Went through Jubilife City, got the Poketch, beat the trainers at the school, gave Andrew the Town Map and healed. Went north, beat those trainers, and went towards Orebourgh. Challenged my Rival, and Onix soloed him with Rock Slide. Beat all the trainers, got HM Rock Smash, and headed towards Orebourgh Mine. Found Roark, trained everyone to lvl 15, and hit the Gym. Easily crushed the trainers, and challenged Roark. Mudkip OHKOd Geodude with Waterfall, then Onix 2HKOd Onix with Iron Tail, and Swinub managed to hang on against Cranidos, 3HKOing with Rock Slide after Curse. Had to heal up a Potion, but I came out on top.

Currently headed towards Floaroma Town, and Mudkip just evolved.

;095; lvl 15
;111; lvl 15
;220; lvl 15
;259; lvl 16
;443; lvl 15
;449; lvl 15

On the way through Orebourgh Gate, I ran into a;

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfsa/74.png!! This is my 4th random Platinum encounter in less than a month!!

It has a Naughty nature, Somewhat Vain, Sturdy, and a lvl 5 male.

HoagiethePokeBreeder
4th November 2009, 5:13 PM
I'm going to be doing a Monotype Bug challenge on Platinum! Starting today.

My team will be...

-Beautifly/Dustox (Whichever the Wurmple Becomes)
-Wormadam (Ground Form)
-Armaldo
-Illumise
-Venemoth
-Kricketune

...I think I'm in for a challenge! But that's what I'm here for, right?
And furthermore, to use Pokemon that I've never gotten to try out!...
I'll be back with an update soon!
~Hoagie

The Head Honchkrow
4th November 2009, 5:40 PM
I've been doing this challenge on my French Platinum and I've reached the 8th gym.

This is my team at the moment:

;395; - Lv. 52
Gastrodon (West) - Lv. 51
;342; - Lv. 52
;121; - Lv. 52
;171; - Lv. 52
;062; - Lv. 52

~The Head Honchkrow~

HoagiethePokeBreeder
9th November 2009, 4:50 PM
Well, I've gotten quite a bit accomplished since my last post...

-I've obtained the remaining two members of my team, Beautifly and Wormadam (Sand Cloak).
-I've made it through Eterna Forest w/ Cheryl.
-I managed to Conquer Gardenia in Eterna City.
-I met Cynthia and received Cut.
-I blasted out Jupiter from the Eterna Hideout.
-Caught a Gible in Wayward Cave =D
-Got a ton of useful items underground.

And am now on my way into Mt. Coronet to reach Hearthome City. And just got the VS. Seeker ! ^_^ My favorite Key Item that one can obtain!

The team:

;267; Goibija - Level 21 - Sky Plate
-Modest
-Harden, Gust, Stun Spore, Morning Sun

;314; Zaptress - Level 23 - None
-Jolly
-Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, SolarBeam, Wish

;048; Swiffer - Level 23 - None
-Naughty
-Leech Life, Confusion, PoisonPowder, Zen Headbutt

;402; Maestrik - Level 25 - SilverPowder
-Naive
-Rock Smash, Return, Fury Cutter, Leech Life

;347; Scandalous - Level 22 - Iron Plate
-Adamant
-Metal Claw, Rock Slide, Cut, Aerial Ace

;413; Equator - Level 24 - None
-Quirky
-Rock Tomb, Hidden Power Dragon, Confusion, Earthquake

foxyman1167
9th November 2009, 5:05 PM
I also made some headway with my Ground mono. I beat Gardenia after like the 4th try, as my Gible saved my ***. Trained on the Cycling Road, and got my team to lvl 25 and got the VS Seeker. Talked to Cyrus, and made it to Hearthome. Went to the Gym, beat all the trainers, and got to Fantina. I beat Fantina after a crit Bite from Hippopotas. I really love his Sandstorm, it saves my *** so much. It finished off her Haunter, and it also killed Prinplup. They're currently at lvl 26, about to head to Solaceon.

;095; Rocky lvl 26
;111; Jack lvl 26
;220; Fluffy lvl 26
;259; MuddyBuddy lvl 26
;444; Rampage lvl 26
;449; QuickSand lvl 26

HoagiethePokeBreeder
17th November 2009, 5:47 PM
I have an Update!...

So with my Bug Team...
-Got the Relic Badge
-Got the VS. Seeker
-Obtained Eevee, Porygon, and Togepi.
-Made it to Veilstone
-Got Maylene's Badge.
-Made it to Pastoria City...
-Venonat Evolved <3

Am about to challenge Crasher Wake...

Team!

;267; - Goibija - Level 35 - Sky Plate
-Modest
-Mega Drain, Gust, Stun Spore, Silver Wind

;413; - Equator - Level 35 - None
-Quirky
-Rock Tomb, Bug Bite, Psybeam, Earthquake

;049; - Swiffer - Level 35 - None
-Naughty
-Leech Life, Psybeam, Sleep Powder, Gust

;347; - Arkaire - Level 35 - Iron Plate
-Adamant
-Metal Claw, Rock Slide, Cut, Aerial Ace

;314; - Zaptress - Level 35 - None
-Jolly
-Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, Solarbeam, Wish

;402; - Maestrik - Level 36 - SilverPowder
-Naive
-Rock Smash, Return, Slash, X-Scissor

foxyman1167
21st November 2009, 9:27 PM
I'm gonna have to quit my challenge. The pokemon grew too slow, and I lost interest in the pokemon I was training.

col_serra
23rd November 2009, 12:38 PM
i want to due an ice type mono but two are ice types more tundra(stantler and empoleon)

Jojo-
23rd November 2009, 7:58 PM
Hmm.. I think I will start this on my Platinum version. Psychic types for me!

Ending Team:

Alakazam http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/065-m.png

Slowbro http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/080-m.png

Hypno http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/097-f.png

Chimecho http://serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/358-m.png

Mr.Mime http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/122-m.png

Exeggutor http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/103-m.png

I will post an update probably tomorrow sometime. Wish me luck!

Hibachi
23rd November 2009, 8:55 PM
I am currently doing a grass monotype challenge. I actually started my challenge before I saw this thread :)

Anyway... I just recently defeated Crasher Wake to recieve my 5th gym badge. My current team is:

Torterra lv. 40
Leafeon lv. 38
Roselia lv. 38
Tropius lv. 37
Bibarel lv. 18

Now that I have found this thread, I will certainly post all of my recent happenings.

Jojo-
25th November 2009, 5:15 PM
Okay, I will post what I have done so far.. (Not a lot. x3)

-Sent over my eggs
-Hatched them
-Trained
-Achieved Jubililife City
-Delivered Parcel to Rival Chris
-Got Pokétch
-Defeated Rival

And that's it. Tonight I will focus on getting to Oreburgh. Also, I made slight adjustments to my team.

-Exeggutor is now replaced with a future Jynx ;124;
-Chimecho is now replaced with a future Starmie ;121;

Bambo
27th November 2009, 4:05 PM
Started my monotype challenge yesturday:
Caught a Female Bidoof named it Newton
EV Training it in HP and Attack and almost finished in HP then will move on to a attack
Newton-14

Moonlight_Murkrow96
11th December 2009, 1:42 AM
I will do a Steel Monotype in Pearl, with these pokes:

Empoleon
Bastiodon
Lucario
Bronzong
Magneton/Magnezone
Scizor/Skarmory.

Wish me luck! I'll try to update regularly.

GolemGuy
11th December 2009, 1:48 AM
I now feel like doing a ground mono-type on Pearl to complement my Ruby challenge.

Going to use Torterra, Swampert, Camerupt, Golem, and two out of Garchomp, Mamoswine, Steelix, Gliscor, and Hippowodon.

Moonlight_Murkrow96
13th December 2009, 10:43 PM
Update: I went through all the beginning stuff, named my character Moon, obviously after my Screen Name, and chose a Piplup that I named Mimi to kick off my challenge. I beat the Starly, went through Sandgem Town, met Prof, Rown and his oh-so-annyoing assisstant, Lucas, a.k.a the Fedora Wearing Freak. Hehe...Anyway, I made it all the way to Floroma Town, along the way beating my rival, getting the Coal Badge, having Mimi evolve into a Prinplup, and trading over a Skarmory from my other Pearl version, named Kohai, which means an underclassman in Japanese honorifics. He's Level 10, so...he's probably gonna disobey me until I get my Forest Badge from the Eterna City Gym.

;394; Lv. 18 (Mimi)

Moves:
Pound
Bubble
Peck
Metal Claw

;227; (Kohai)

Moves:
Leer
Peck
Sand-Attack

HoagiethePokeBreeder
21st December 2009, 6:44 AM
Weell, I'm back with another update, I'm almost done with my challenge! (Mono-Bug type)
I've managed to get 7 Badges and Catch Giratina.
Here's my team...

;413; Equator - Level 47 - Item: None
Nature: Quirky
Moveset: Rock Tomb, Bug Bite, Psychic, Earthquake

;314; Zaptress - Level 47 - Item: Magnet
Nature: Jolly
Moveset: Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, Solarbeam, Wish

;402; Maestrik - Level 48 - Item: SilverPowder
Nature: Naive
Moveset: Rock Smash, Return, Night Slash, X-Scissor

;049; Swiffer - Level 47 - Item: None
Nature: Naughty
Moveset: Signal Beam, Psybeam, Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb

;267; Goibija - Level 47 - Item: Sky Plate
Nature: Modest
Moveset: Giga Drain, Gust, Shadow Ball, Bug Buzz

;348; Arkaire - Level 50 - Item: Iron Plate
Nature: Adamant
Moveset: Metal Claw, Rock Slide, Cut, Aerial Ace

I'll update once I finish my challenge! After this one is done, it's on to my Monotype Flying Challenge! Wo0T!

foxyman1167
27th December 2009, 10:26 PM
I've been planning a mono Fighting type team I may try out, but I cannot decide on the last member.

Infernape
Machamp
Poliwrath
Gallade
Lucario
Toxicroak/Breloom

Any ideas?

Champion Shirona
28th December 2009, 7:53 AM
Breloom would be good since its attack is high but it will be a pain to train from Shroomish,Toxicroak can be alright.

Moonlight_Murkrow96
30th December 2009, 5:37 AM
Toxicroak seems like a pain to catch, with Croagunk being in the dreaded Safari Zone/Great Marsh. Though, I'm not sure if you can catch Shroomish right off the bat, before the National Pokedex/Elite 4. I'd say Breloom.

HoagiethePokeBreeder
3rd January 2010, 4:13 PM
Hello All! I managed to finally complete my Monotype Bug Challenge! I must say, this was harder than any Scramble or Monotype Challenge I've ever taken! It took probably ten or eleven tries before I was able to beat the Elite Four!
Haha, and you'll see who my star team member was when I give the team layout...

;402; - Maestrik - Level 55 - Item: SilverPowder
Nature: Naive
Moveset: Rock Smash, Return, Night Slash, X-Scissor

;314; - Zaptress - Level 55 - Item: Magnet
Nature: Jolly
Moveset: Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, SolarBeam, Wish

;267; - Goibija - Level 57 - Item: Big Root
Nature: Modest
Moveset: Giga Drain, Gust, Shadow Ball, Bug Buzz

;413; - Equator - Level 57 - Item: Razor Claw
Nature: Quirky
Moveset: Rock Tomb, Bug Bite, Psychic, Earthquake

;049; - Swiffer - Level 58 - Item: Razor Fang
Nature: Naughty
Moveset: Signal Beam, Psychic, Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb

;348; - Arkaire - Level 68 - Item: Iron Plate
Nature: Adamant
Moveset: Metal Claw, Rock Slide, Cut, Aerial Ace

So yeah, Armaldo was about 10 levels higher than everybody else after the E4 and Victory Road was all said and done, lol! Just goes to show who's useful (or who isn't).
Anyway, here's a bit of a team analysis for anyone interested.

Most Useful Team Member - Armaldo
Second Most Useful Team Member - Venemoth
Least Useful Team Member - Kricketune
Most Versatile Team Member - Illumise
Most Underrated Team Member - Beautifly
Either Incredibly Useful, or Incredibly Useless - Wormadam (Sand Cloak)

And this marks the beginning of my Monotype Flying Challenge! I will post once I decide to start. Happy New Year!

renoum
6th January 2010, 7:42 AM
I think i'll do a dark type challenge on Diamond.
My future team will be:
-Drapion ;452;
-Weavile ;461;
-Tyranitar ;248;
-Cacturne ;332;
-Umbreon ;197;
-Honchkrow ;430;

surfer treecko
24th January 2010, 4:47 PM
ah wus bored, and Pearl is starting to become a dead weight, so I'm starting a Poison monotype challenge.

Anyways, standard procedure, listen to old man ramble, name Rival embarassing name, blah blah blah. I picked a Turtwig, since that seemed like the best choice for beating the first route.

Skipping ahead, I caught a few Budews and Zubats, and picked the ones with the best natures (both neutral). I beat the crap out of the wildife for a bit, before trying to beat some trainers and losing to a Starly somehow, getting their levels to 10 and 8.

Beating my rival was suprisingly easy. All I did was confuse them with Zubat, paralyze them with Budew, and then Hidden Power them to death. And that was it.

Team so far:

;041; (Purple) Lvl 8
Leech Life
Supersonic

;406; (Murphy) Lvl 10
Absorb
Growth
Hidden Power
Stun Spore

EDIT: Great, I think this thread is dead... Anyway, here's an update.

The route before Orebrough City was tough, mostly due to Zubat being a failure, so I switched to Budew. From then on it was easy. I swept through the mine, and most of the gym, but I did have a little trouble with Cranidos, who didn't go down in one hit from Mega Drain.

I caught a Geodude, and taught Rock Smash to it, then beat the crap out of Team Galactic in a tag battle, and Zubat finally learnt Bite, which actually made it quite good. I beat more crap out of more Galactics, and Stun Spore made quick work of Purugly.

In Eterna Forest I picked up a Cascoon, who to be honest was a bit useless. Even when I evolved him he still couldn't do much, but the other team members made up for that. After hours of switching out Dustox, I made it to the other side, where Zubat tore Gardenia to pieces with Wing Attack. Unluckily, I wasn't so lucky with Jupiter, I had to battle twice because of some bad luck.

Finally I traded over Geodude for a Stunky, making the 4th member of my team. And that is that.

;041; (Purple) Lvl 21
Leech Life
Confuse Ray
Wing Attack
Bite
Usefulness: 8.1/10
Poisony-ness: 15&#37;

;406; (Murphy) Lvl 20
Mega Drain
Growth
Hidden Power
Stun Spore
Usefullness: 5.9/10
Poisony-ness: 15%

;269; (Zmobie) Lvl 19
Gust
Harden
Protect
Usefulness: 2.5/10
Poisony-ness: 20%

;434; (Oscus) Lvl 16
Focus Energy
Posion Gas
Screech
Fury Swipes
Usefulness: 2/10
Poisony-ness: 40%

HHKgirl2007
26th January 2010, 10:09 AM
I have almost completed a Ground- monotype challenge but forgot to post it here so there's no point starting now. But, I will soon start a Psychic type challenge with Pokemon pre-chosen with a Random Number Generator.

So my future team:

Alakazam ;065;
Slowbro ;080;
Starmie ;121;
Gardevoir ;282;
Grumpig ;326;
Bronzong ;437;

First post of Team Psychic will come after I finish my Ground challenge and make significant progress on the new Psychic team.

surfer treecko
27th January 2010, 8:55 PM
Wow, turns out I've done quite a lot since last time...

I tried training up Zmobie and Ocsus on the route west of Eterna City, but soon gave up. I got the bike from the bike guy, and beat the cycling road with a bit of difficulty (my team has no way to beat electric types). Also, I managed to evolve Purple somewhere along the way.

Skipping ahead, I beat my rival in Hearthome City (who hasn't evolved his Starly, for some reason) pretty much entirely with Golbat, who was starting to get over-leveled. So I tried using Zmobie on the route to Solaceon, and finally got him to learn a decent move! (Psybeam). From then on it was beating the Lost Tower while switching between my weakest team members.

For the route that lead to Veillstone, I pretty much used Golbat all the way, since none of my other pokemon could beat the things there. The gym was much easier then I expected, because none of teh fighting types could do more then 5 damage at a time to Dustox, and moonlight meant they could never KO me. The only thing that caused any trouble was Lucario.

The Pastoria Gym was also suprisingly easy, only one of my pokemon fainted and that was Golbat. Afterwards I tried looking for a Croagunk, but gave up and traded one over. And finally, I managed to evolve Murphy! But he still has a pretty bad movepool.

Anyway, my team:

;042; (Purple) Lvl 31
Leech Life
Confuse Ray
Wing Attack
Bite
Usefulness: 9/10
Poisony-ness: 15&#37;

;315; (Murphy) Lvl 31
Mega Drain
Growth
Hidden Power
Stun Spore
Usefullness: 7/10
Poisony-ness: 15%

;269; (Zmobie) Lvl 28
Gust
Psybeam
Protect
Moonlight
Usefulness: 4/10

;434; (Oscus) Lvl 29
Focus Energy
Toxic
Screech
Slash
Usefulness: 5/10
Poisony-ness: 43%

;453; (Gunther) Lvl 24
Pursuit
Faint Attack
Revenge
Swagger
Usefulness: ?/10

Sy123456789
30th January 2010, 11:34 AM
I will start a Dragon monotype team,
Its obvious I need to trade
Ending Team

Dragonite-Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Draco Meteor

Salamence- Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Crunch

Flygon- Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Faint Attack, Fire Punch

Kingdra- Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Agility, Icy Wind

Altaria- Safeguard, Dragon Pulse, Perish Song, Sky Attack

Garchomp- Dragon Claw, Dig, Fire Fang, Crunch

Notes: I have to use Garchomp as there arent any other Dragon pokemon
I have to have Dig on Garchomp as 1. It makes it tad bit harder 2. I use my Earthquake TM on Flygon
I will interchange a pokemon with a HM Slave between routes that need HMs, I will replace Interchange between Garchomp, then I would VS Seeker the missed exp. with it.

Challenges: The pre evos are remarkably weak so until I can I have to do with them
The fact I might get bored of this, it is rare because I like challenges.

HHKgirl2007
1st February 2010, 10:12 AM
Well, it's been nearly a week, but I've finally made some progress on my Pearl Psychic type team. Most of the time was spent training my Pokemon, which was a real pain since Ralts and Spoink only knew Growl and Splash respectavely.

So I started the new game, gave my Rival a generic name and started off on my Pokemon journey! I chose Turtwig as my starter because, though I won't be using it, it'll make my life easier vis-a-vis my rival. After transferring the eggs, I trained on Route 201 until all my Pokemon were on level 5, which was not easy with an entire team of level 1 Pokemon (Abra and Bronzor were majorly helpful here). Eventually I made it to Jubilife City, where I got the Town Map and the Pok&#233;tch. I proceeded to Oreburgh City, beating my rival in the process. Currently, I am in the Oreburgh Mine, about to talk to Roark so he'll return to the gym. Obviously with my Pokemon's levels, I'll train them up some more before challenging the Gym (Cosmic's time to shine (pun unintended)).

Team Psychic as of now:

Einstein ;063;/Abra
Level 8
-Teleport
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Bug (yeah, I know >:( )
-Calm Mind
(Note Bred with a male Alakazam with latter 3 moves)

Daphne ;079;/Slowpoke
Level 7
-Curse
-Yawn
-Tackle
-Growl

Cosmic ;120;/Staryu
Level 7
-Tackle
-Harden
-Gyro Ball (Parent had this move)
-Water Gun

Charity ;280;/Ralts
Level 7
-Growl
-Confusion

Miss Piggy ;325;/Spoink
Level 8
-Splash
-Psywave

Clink ;436;/Bronzor
Level 7
-Tackle
-Confusion
-Hypnosis

I will edit this post as soon as I defeat Roark!

HoagiethePokeBreeder
20th February 2010, 2:52 PM
Well, today I'll be starting my Platinum Monotype Flying Challenge!

Soooo, I'll be using...

;006; Charizard

;226; Mantine

;291; Ninjask

;189; Jumpluff

;472; Gliscor

;164; Noctowl

Woot! I'll be updating soon, once I make some progress...

.Veaux
20th February 2010, 11:09 PM
I tried on of these on Sapphire a long time ago. Never finished it though...
I think I'm going to try a flying monotype challenge :P .

7 tyranitars
21st February 2010, 11:22 AM
I'm going for a steel monotype

empoleon
steelix
bronzong
magnezone
lucario
hm slave

well I chose piplup as starter
and I'm on my way to enterna right now

prinplup lv 22

dancing_totodile
4th March 2010, 3:48 PM
Awesome I finally found this, well, after I trade over all my current Diamond pokemon and get back to having a pokedex after restarting the game, I think I'm going to do a Mono-Steel Type Challange as Jirachi is currently being given out by Gamestop in USA. Since Jirachi isn't on the Uber list, I think this is gonna be fun!

I just don't know what other Steel Types I'm gonna have, any suggestions? I kinda want Mawile, but I've been raising one of those in Ruby, so I dunno, maybe I'll do it just to play with it in PBR too!

Edit-Update:
Okay, so I've started my challange and have gotten this far.
Amelia (Piplup) - Relaxed (Starter)
Lvl: 14
Moves: Pound, Growl, Bubble, Water Spourt
Ability: Torrent
Yes, I know, not Steel, but it becomes one, so why not use it. :)

Jirachi - Mild
Lvl: 5
Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest, Draco Meteor
Ability: Serene Grace
The newest (and US Gamestop Event) this is what started me wanting to do the Steel Challange

Bridget (Mawile) - Quirky
Lvl: 14
Moves: Astonish, Fake Tears, Rock Smash, Bite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
It knows dark moves... (Ghost Gym Leaders are my weakness) and it is just fun.

Hermia (Skarmory) - Hardy
Lvl: 10
Moves: Leer, Peck, Sand-Attack
Ability: Keen Eye
Still working to get good moves on this one.

Laramie (Burmy) - Relaxed
Lvl: 9
Moves: Protect
Ability: Shed Skin
Yeah... This one is going to Wormadam (Trash)... slowly getting there.

I'm also working on getting Aron (Adamant/Naughty) and Onix-Steelix (Adamant/Naughty). I know this team has a ways to go, but I've beaten Roark and just trying to get an Onix before I move on. Any suggestions for moves or things I should try and get TMs for or just Teach them ingeneral? I'm open to suggestions.

Oh! I'm also looking for item suggestions as I think I'm giving the Quick Claw to Aggron. My only request is I want the items to be get able in the game as I go (I'm playing Diamond) and don't really want to use the "Choice" items I don't know why, but after looking at tiers and such, I just don't like how "Choice" items are always used.

celebimasters_93
11th September 2010, 11:00 PM
i will take the monotype challenge on platinum

i will use the fire type pokemon
my team will be as follows

infernape
houndoom
rapidash
flareon
magmar
magcargo/camerupt

chose chimchar beat roark with level 24 chimchar headed to eucreteak will update when i have all 8 badges as i have limied computer acsess

Potatoknight
24th September 2012, 10:46 AM
I already did a monotype steel platinum (Empoleon, Skarmory, Scizor, Bronzong, Magnezone & Bastiodon (I don't feel like evolving a Riolu))

So I will do a monotype poison diamond

meh pkmn

1. Nidoking
2. Skuntank
3. Drapion
4. Crobat
5. Roserade (EDIT : Getting Toxicroak Instead)
6. Tentacruel

MAJOR EDIT
I'm gonna do a different type instead (I was progressing too slowly). Type : Ice

meh pkmn

1. Walrein Ice/Water
2. Froslass Ice/Ghost
3. Abomasnow Ice/Grass
4. Mamoswine Ice/Ground
5. Weavile Ice/Dark
6. Delibird Ice/Flying

(note:i will start posting my progress every monday)
(note2:i might change my chosen pokemon)
Wish me luck ^_^ (gonna start today)

bobandbill
28th September 2012, 10:13 AM
Don't bump threads from two years ago please.

Note we now have a challenge section as well if you look, so post there if you wish. Closed.