PDA

View Full Version : Will you be getting PMD for the WiiWare?

aaron-now
16th July 2009, 2:15 PM
Yes. They are true. The images have been floating around for a few weeks now, but they have been confirmed. Will you be downloading it when it comes available in your region and what version will you get?

I know personally I won't be getting, as I am not a fan of the game, that and having to choose between the HG or SS is enough for the next few months ^_^

Shadow Tepi 8
16th July 2009, 2:55 PM
Aye, despite having a likeness towards the Mystery Dungeon games, I'll probably not buy one of them from WiiWare, most likely due to other games that may come out. I may change my mind later though.

If I were to get one of them, it would probably be Blazing Adventure Squad, as I like fire types more than I like water or electric.

SmashBrosplayer!
16th July 2009, 3:42 PM
I've never had a mystery dungeon game so I am thinking of downloading it, with the wiipoints remaining from Melee!Pokemon Scramble! (Storming adventure squad is my choice cause Riolu is a starting pokemon there)

Torpoleon
16th July 2009, 3:42 PM
Yes! I'll get Stormy. My brother will get Blazing. This when they are released for the WiiWare in the U.S. Anyways, we'll need two 2,000 Wii pint cards for this. We should have 1,600 left! This games will rock!

SilverLanayru
16th July 2009, 4:22 PM
Might as well call me a PMD fanatic...but I'm definitley getting this game when it comes out in the U.S. for the WiiWare. I'll most likely get the Blazing version, since I've always been a Charmander ever since the first PMD game of the series (and I will always be!). I think I may also get the Stormy version, mostly because the Pokemon I chose as my partner in PMD2 was Piplup. :]

Glacier99
16th July 2009, 5:32 PM
I'd like to but I can't. My stupid Wi-fi connector broke rendering me unable to download stuff.

Krake
16th July 2009, 5:45 PM
I probably won't. I didn't like the first one that much, and I personally think that Game Freak is going overboard with all the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles.

abraxas
16th July 2009, 6:01 PM
I would if I had a way to do so, but, alas, I don't. Oh, well, that's life.

Rannoyin
16th July 2009, 6:34 PM
Probably not. They look nothing different than the last 3 games they've made, aside from Ranch graphics and whatnot. Plus, I'm tired of Pmd.

miu miu
16th July 2009, 6:40 PM
No, I'm still waiting for the ranch update to come out in the U.S., and I'm not a big fan of PMD.

Miles "Tails" Prower
16th July 2009, 6:45 PM
Even if I had a Wii, i'd prolly not.
The 3D Ranch models are quite ugly. I can understand them not being able to use the PBR models because it's just a Wiiware title, but these Wiiware games seem like excuses to use those models used as much as possible.

Mudkip8003
16th July 2009, 9:20 PM
Ya, I will. I'm geting Stormy Cause i'm being Squirtle

Dark Slash
16th July 2009, 10:29 PM
Im getting HG then Melee Scramble why not get PMD
I only played PMD 2 and it was very fun so i think im gonna get Blazing adventures first because Arcanine=Fav pokemon and the storm so i can merge save files and i can hasve Lucario to :)

King_Zora
16th July 2009, 10:34 PM
I will get it, I didn't even know about this.

Electric
16th July 2009, 11:05 PM
YES I WANT STORMY VERSION!!!!!

I'm actually more excited about these games than HGSS because I don't have a DS and man those things are expensive :( plus the game will be $35+... well all I have to do is buy 2000 Wii points because I actually have money for that :)

Silent Conversation
16th July 2009, 11:15 PM
I'm not sure... I'm still deciding between this and Pokemon Scramble. Although this seems like it's going to be a longer, more adventurous game, I'm starting to find the Mystery Dungeon games repetitve. So, I'm not sure (but if I do decide on getting MD, I'm gonna get Stormy version)

ForeverFlame
16th July 2009, 11:28 PM
Yes. I'm a huge fan of Dungeon Crawlers, and the fact that this one is in 3D makes it a definite yes. It's a shame that they're reusing those cheap little chibis from MPR thought.

Sora
17th July 2009, 12:39 AM
It's a shame that they're reusing those cheap little chibis from MPR thought.
I'm getting Blazing (Eevee and Growlithe ftw) since I'm a total PMD loyalist but yeah, not happy about the chibis.

Rakurai
17th July 2009, 1:47 AM
Maybe.

If it's of a length comparable to the original games, I'd probably end up getting the Light version for Shinx, since it's the starter that appeals to me the most.

AK Punk
21st July 2009, 11:34 PM
I'll probably get one of them. It will give me a reason to play my Wii since so far its been just a waste of money. Hopefully it will be as fun as MD2.

Zenotwapal
21st July 2009, 11:58 PM
Nah.

I lost intrest of these games hlaf way through the last dungeon games (explorers of Darkness and stuff)

GS Fan
22nd July 2009, 5:09 AM
Im getting HG then Melee Scramble why not get PMD

Same here
;491;

Opal Pikachu13
22nd July 2009, 11:17 AM
I'm getting the Light version, and I'm gonna be Shinx with either Togepi or Pichu as a partner. ;403;

TurtwigFan1
22nd July 2009, 11:50 AM
Yep, but I'm sad that there's no Grass adventure squad. Why not just make four :) or take away the Electric one? But I'll probably go for the Electric one, being a Pichu or something like that.

derekkoch
22nd July 2009, 12:24 PM
I agree with you^ why no grass team

still sounds fun but i want too be a treecko with a turtwig as a partner so I'm not getting them

WynautQueen
23rd July 2009, 3:53 AM
Sure I will. And I'll get Stormy so I can be a Wynaut. <3

~Silver Aura~
24th July 2009, 4:26 PM
If I figure out how to get wii points by then I might. Though it kinda looks weird in 3D proberly because I'm used to the previous graphics. :)

neonmew
15th August 2009, 2:31 AM
I got Light Adventure Squad awhile ago and it is pretty fun but really hard. What makes it really hard r the pokemon towers enemies can make.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
15th August 2009, 2:48 AM
I would if I had a wii. Why can't they make these games for multiple systems, anyway? I would have loved Pokemon Battle Revolution, but I don't have a wii and no other games for it are in any way appealing to me.

FocusPresenceEndurance
15th August 2009, 5:44 AM
Eh... I've been considering it. But at the present time, I'm not particularly interested. I really loved the mystery dungeon series up until now, and I had been hoping there would be an actual new PMD story coming out after Explorers of the Sky. But the fact that they use Pokemon Ranch frames kinda turned me off. When I heard that it would be a Wii game, I was hoping they would come up with their own frames for the Pokemon. Instead I find that they are reusing a style that I don't particularly find attractive. It just doesn't feel like they tried that hard to make the game. Sorry to anyone who does like Pokemon Ranch style Pokemon.

Well, maybe as time goes by this will grow on me. Things like that usually happen to me. That and I am one of those guys who will prefer story and game-play over graphics. But for now, my answer is no.

TraverseTown
15th August 2009, 7:24 AM
I'm very mad. When I heard about these games I was excited to play as Bulbasaur or Turtwig, but they aren't even starters. Azurill and Mareep are starters, but they couldn't afford the Grass? Unfortunately these games seem to be plugging the Lugia/Ho-Oh/Arceus trio idea. I'll probably get light, since I do like Mareep.

SolrockBeingOfTheSun
15th August 2009, 8:01 AM
I might get one,if I do it would be the light version due to togepi

(s.i.e)
19th August 2009, 3:24 PM
if i have some points left on my wii i'll most likely get it, however at the moment i don't so i'll have to wait some time.

chicco
19th August 2009, 9:43 PM
I will get all three games ^^

Brumrha
20th August 2009, 12:41 AM
I unfortunately can't...

It's because:
- I don't even have a Wii
&
- I have no Wi-fi access in my home.

It's a shame, though, as the Poketower maneuver in this game is neat for many reasons.

Sprintking
20th August 2009, 1:12 AM
I'll probably be getting all three at some point, but I'll start off with light for sure.

Koridojo_Blaziken
20th August 2009, 1:17 AM
Highly doubt it.

First off, there's the quite material problem of neither owning WiiWare, nor having the funds for one. And secondly, I figure I have enough Pokemon games as is--all the way back to Yellow, in fact! XD Probably I'll be getting Explorers of the Sky and HeartGold/SoulSilver (depending on which Pokemon are available in each version of the 2nd gen remakes), and that'll be it for a LOOOOONG time. It's about time I started spending my money on other games, like the upcoming KH3 or Assassin's Creed 2...

....on second thought, maybe I WILL try and get a Wii. So I can get that Final Fantasy game coming out. XD

ViewtifulJoe
20th August 2009, 9:37 PM
Wait, what are the three types? And do they determine what pokemon you start with?

suicune lover
21st August 2009, 1:59 PM
Might,might not. If I get bored of HGSS then I will.

Pikanyaa
21st August 2009, 5:57 PM
I'm going to be getting LAS because I've had Pikachu as my character for the past MD games. I'm just upset that they took away the ability to choose partners that you've had in the DS games. I'll have to use that special mission code to get Chikari back. ;-;

Assuming each game only has one save file, I'll probably be convincing my brother to get BAS. He was Torchic in MD2.