PDA

View Full Version : Zero Isle Discussion

calze6
19th July 2009, 7:16 AM
I propose a thread for discussion on the zero isle dungeons. I've completed North and East. any tips on a team for West?

Lempika
21st July 2009, 10:19 AM
Since this is a discussion thread for Zero Isle, maybe you should make an introduction to some newcomers to what exactly is Zero Isle, such as How many floors, etc.

Orangefeather
21st July 2009, 3:12 PM
I never even go to zero isle.. I tried once and died on floor three. I don't have the patience to do it.

rstu198
23rd July 2009, 1:54 PM
Wow..nice and interesting. i will try it later. Thanks for sharing information. Thanks for the comment, are you talking about the whole designing or a part of? Not bad. Have you done this type of stuff often? It seems like it. i like the idea but how do members of the public remove there details. stainless steel pipe (http://www.steelpipes-china.com/)

calze6
26th July 2009, 7:20 AM
OK. Zero Isle contains very hard dungeons. You cannot recruit anything there. In Zero Isle North, there are 75 floors and have pokes of around lv90. In the other 3, you are reduced to lv1 temporariliy but will gain exp. In south and west, you cannot carry items. East and west has 40 floors and south has 99 floors (I don't think I'll manage it). The highest lv1 stat of a poke is spiritomb although it needs like 1700exp to the next level as opposed to bulbasaur's 9 exp.

(s.i.e)
4th August 2009, 11:24 AM
for west you say? that's a hard question as it is a difficult map. there allways is the standard RPG strategy known as level grinding. it works for me in most cases.

hailflameblast
6th August 2009, 7:00 AM
Well....
I have cleared ZIW(Zero Isle West) but I had to use help. Had to be rescued on 25F,35F,37F.

EDIT:I used a team of Chimchar,Piplup,Rotom,Dragonite.

AstralEon
6th August 2009, 6:15 PM
Oh hey I got something for a Zero Island discussion.

For those who are wondering about the South side. Take a look at this.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=350509

It's very old though and I suggest you NOT to reply in it. Just look and reply in this thread instead.

calze6
8th August 2009, 6:36 AM
A pity that your starters didn't evolve. That might have been easier. But no one can rescue me. Or did you use A-OK?

calze6
22nd August 2009, 4:34 AM
What treasure is at west and south?

hailflameblast
28th August 2009, 4:42 PM
Well, I didn't beat it ZIW 'honestly'. I didn't know anyone who would rescue me, this was before I joined SerebiiForums, so I decided to try and Google the AOK.

Worked like a charm.

In case you want to know, its the 3rd search result if you type "aok generator' in your Google Search.

hailflameblast
28th August 2009, 4:43 PM
Well, I didn't beat it ZIW 'honestly'. I didn't know anyone who would rescue me, this was before I joined SerebiiForums, so I decided to try and Google the AOK.

Worked like a charm.

In case you want to know, its the 3rd search result if you type "aok generator' in your Google Search.

Nightlingbolt
28th August 2009, 8:55 PM
Zero Isle? No way. The rewards just aren't worth the headache in my opinion. In fact, looking back, I was pretty ****** when I beat Final Maze and just got a Brown Bow. I mean, seriously, Marowak, WTF?

calze6
29th August 2009, 5:25 AM
I got killed in a monster house in west. I probably shouldn't have used spiritomb...

Delcatty
29th August 2009, 10:18 PM
Zero Isle? No way. The rewards just aren't worth the headache in my opinion. In fact, looking back, I was pretty ****** when I beat Final Maze and just got a Brown Bow. I mean, seriously, Marowak, WTF?
Actually, I find the rewards to be very worth it -- in ZI North especially. Not only do you get the items on the last floor, but there are a TON of vitamins/sitrus berries/life seeds all over the place. If you expect to die, bring either 2 escape orbs, a cleanse orb and an escape orb, or the goggle specs and an escape orb. I recommend the goggle specs version, since it's also annoying to run into grimy traps when you've got 5+ calciums. (annoying thing...) With the orbs/specs, if you get close to dying, just use the escape orb. Voila! You're done, and you still have all the great stat-ups! :D ZI South also has a ton of stat-ups, including quite a few ginsengs, though it's not as practical to run through it just for the stat-ups. Sometimes you're lucky enough to find two escape orbs, but it's rare to find an escape and a cleanse orb, and even more rare to find the goggle specs at all.

Summing up the rewards:
By the way, I'm not 100% positive about some of the rewards below. I haven't run through ZI East/West/South in quite a while, so I'm relying on sources for those.
ZI North:
Golden Mask (2.4x better than the friend bow, and you absolutely have to have it or the Amber Tear in order to recruit Kecleon.)
2x Wonder Gummi
1x Wonder Chest (1.1x; you defeat an enemy that's usually 100exp, but instead you get 110)
ZI South:
1x Deluxe Box (Joy Seed?)
96F sealed chamber treasure chest: Miracle Chest (1.3x total experience; you defeat an enemy that's usually 100exp, but instead you get 130)
* PLEASE make sure to get the chest on that floor. It is NOT on the last floor (I almost made that mistake. I grabbed the chest on 96F because it was there and I had a spare key, then panicked when it wasn't on 99F. Turns out that chance saved me from having to do it twice.)
ZI East:
1x treasure chest
1x White Silk
ZI West:
1x Amber Tear
1x Wonder Gummi
1x Deluxe Box

Kecleon is impossible to recruit without one of these items. And before you ask; no, a friend bow is not good enough. The math is as follows:
Kecleon's recruit rate (according to some sources. I don't know the *exact rate offhand, so I'll trust them): -49.5%
Mask/Tear: +24%
Level 90 - 100: 25%
Fast Friend (IQ skill for Group B (http://www.serebii.net/dungeon2/iqskills/B.shtml) and Group H (http://www.serebii.net/dungeon2/iqskills/H.shtml)): 1%
Items Total: 24% + 25% + 1% = 50%
-49.5% + 50% = 0.5% (a 1 in 200 chance)
Compare that to the Friend Bow (10%); 25% + 10% + 1% = 36%
-49.5 + 36% = -13.5%
Therefore, you need the golden mask or the amber tear in order to get Kecleon. And even then it's a pain in the behind. I've been trying for months. D:

calze6
30th August 2009, 2:52 AM
Geez, it's the honour of passing it. You can easily get these items via wondermail.

goldgolem
31st August 2009, 12:26 AM
yea but where's the fun in that? :P

also i beaten Zero Isle North a couple times and loved battling the extremely strong pokemon there and only opened up the first 5 sealed chambers in it so i still need to completely finish it.i love the 2 wonder gummis at the end.

calze6
6th September 2009, 3:06 AM
I died on zero isle east 34F. I'm awaiting rescue!

calze6
6th September 2009, 3:39 AM
Here's some good pokes on zero isle east, west, south.

Mew - great movepool (via TMs) and HP.
Octillery - awesome moves (psybeam, aurora beam, rock blast, gunk shot, water gun).
Mamoswine (starts with powder snow)
Togekiss - awesome starting movepool.

Does anyone know any other good zero isle users?

goldgolem
6th September 2009, 3:41 AM
giratina because it can learn Ominous Wind at lvl 10 i think,forgot what level.

Metagross Guy
12th September 2009, 6:18 PM
Lucario learns dark pusle at level 5 and metal claw at level 3...

Salamence learns a good movepool set in the first 10 levels

calze6
13th September 2009, 2:35 AM
Dragonite and charizard has good starting movepools too.