PDA

View Full Version : The Official Dinosaur Fan Club!

mystery piplup
14th August 2009, 7:31 PM
The Dinosaurs fan club

Welcome to the official Dinosaurs fan club! Don't be shy, join if you love Dinosaurs! Dinosaurs ruled the earth millions years ago, until they became extinct. Many fossils has been discovered. Here we discuss the awesomeness of Dinosaurs. Such as Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Styracosaurus, Suchomimus, Anchiceratops, etc.

Rules:
1.Follow all Serebii forum's general rules. Same for the club rules
2. No one liners!
3. Discuss about Dinosaurs, ONLY!
4. No falming, trolling, etc.
5. Respect other members
6. Please post proper grammar, no " hy cn i join i leik danosaurz i haz lots of dinoz toyz"
7. In order to join, you must put "Tyrant Lizard" in your first post here.
8. If you got a fan art, please give credit to who made. And make sure its Dino-related
9. Stay on topic
10. ~Have fun~

Ranks:

Tyrannosaurus:
Owner of this club

Spinosaurus:
Co-owners.

Carnotaurus:
Very active members

Triceratop:
Active members

Fossils:
Normal members

Members:

Tyrannosaurus:
Mystery Piplup

Spinosaurus:
~
~

Carnotaurus:
None

Triceratop:
None

Fossils:
Dilasc
Drake Pokétrainer
Mi10ticFan
LegendaryRotom
Griff4815
LoneStarAkira
crobatman

Club banner/userbars:
None atm.

Dilasc
15th August 2009, 10:00 AM
This places seems a little known gem, lost to time.

Dino fossil! (because I have to)

My fascination with dinosaurs takes me back to much of my childhood, facinated with dinosaurs and the reptiles I at that point believed they were related to...

This is of course the Late 80's/Early 90's when feathers were only on Archaeoptryx, Hepsiornis, Icthyornis and maybe Avimimus.

It was a time when Tyrannosaurus I remember reading was sized at somewhere from 45-50 feet long, Tarbosaurus at about 2 to three feet shorter depending on source and Spinosaurus barely 40.

At a time when I never would've imagined Tyrannosarids as not even being as closely related with other Carnosaurs as with Ceolorusaurs (though the discovery didn't surprise me much as I remember)

I used to have a lot of dinosaur toys, books and posters, most have deteriorated, ripped or been given away or sold on EBay by my mother, and now as I've revived my dinosaur love brought on by my rekindled fascination with science and knowledge, I'm kicking myself for allowing these gems to be lost!

Not that I have the capacity to truly study science yet, I'm a theatrical person, but I one day hope to combine my fascination with prehistoric life and evolution with story to tell about some dinosaurs rarely touched upon by media.

I wonder if talk of prehistoric contemporaries of Dinosaurs such as Megazostradon, Sarcosuchus, Icthyosaurs or Pterasaurs would be welcomed. If not directly then, then their effect on the dinosaur world.

Drake Pokétrainer
15th August 2009, 10:09 AM
Awesome, a dinosaur club <3

I'll join.
Dino Fossil.

Well, I've been obsessed with dinosaurs as long as I can remember (so at least since my 2 years). I remember my dad went to the store with me to get my first toy car and I came back with a toy Pachycephalosaurus instead xD

My favorite dinosaur is the Eoraptor lunensis. I simply adore small Theropods <3

And currently I'm making a Dutch dinosaur list (with 863 species on it, I update it if there's a new species) as I thought the Dutch wikipedia data of dinosaurs sucked and I decided I could do better.

I'll post some paleoart later, I found an awesome artist on Deviantart.

Illusione-Tempus
15th August 2009, 11:38 AM
I never knew there was a Dinosaur Club!

Dino Fossil (cause I have to)

I have been obsessed with dinosaurs since... Well, 4th grade, which is about 4 years ago. I like all kinds of dinosaurs, I even once tried to convince my mother to buy a book about them. :p

I remember my dinosaur toys collection, too bad my youngest brother went up and made some of them missing, and those were the ones I really love T.T

I hope I may join the club as well as the other posters before me =]

~ Mi10ticFan http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv33/Mi10tic_Fan/Sprites/350.gif

mystery piplup
15th August 2009, 2:20 PM
To all the above posters, welcome!

It was a time when Tyrannosaurus I remember reading was sized at somewhere from 45-50 feet long, Tarbosaurus at about 2 to three feet shorter depending on source and Spinosaurus barely 40.
Wait, I thought the Spinosaurus is taller than Tyrannosaurus. =\

Well, I've been obsessed with dinosaurs as long as I can remember (so at least since my 2 years). I remember my dad went to the store with me to get my first toy car and I came back with a toy Pachycephalosaurus instead xD
OMG, a toy Pachycephalosaurus? Give me!

I remember my dinosaur toys collection, too bad my youngest brother went up and made some of them missing, and those were the ones I really love T.T
I used to have alot but lost them(all of them). :< My favorite among them was my toy Tyrannosaurus. <3 I used to play that alot. other than toys, I used to watch Jurassic park 1, 2 and 3 with my sister everyday. I also played Warpath: Jurassic Park when I was a kid.(and I still now 8D)

EDIT:
Forgot to add a new topic:
What do you prefer? Carnivores dinsoaurs, or herbivores dinosaurs?
I prefer the Carnivores. I like how most of them look (Acrocanthosaurus <33333) and I like their sharp teeth.

Dilasc
15th August 2009, 7:51 PM
Spino is larger, BUT many of the books I read were when there was less data so it was always shown a bit shorter. Many sources put Tyrano at sizes of 45 - 50 feet long with Spino at about 40... this was a time before the later Jurrasic Park films and I guess the discovery of a larger Spinosaurus.

This was also a time when Anatosaurus was the acceptable name for Anatotitan, though I had known that it was also sometimes called Trachodon in the past before that.

Both and those in between omnivores are the most versatile ones because they'll eat whatever's available, and in times when it's rough, will more than likely pull through a bit better than pickier eaters.

LegendaryRotom
15th August 2009, 9:09 PM
Ufufufu, joining~
Dino Fossil.

Mmmm, I suppose I became interested in dinosaurs (and prehistory in general) after I first visited the American Museum of Natural History in NYC when I was four.
What a beautiful Ornithischian fossil hall~
My plans for the future are, actually, to become an Exhibition Director for the Smithsonian Institute.
Cambrian Aquarium Project V 1.0- Coming Soon.

What do you prefer? Carnivores dinosaurs, or herbivores dinosaurs?
Herbivores by a long shot. I never like carnivores, especially not Rex or Spino.
The idea of a bipedal mass of teeth and talons never really appealed to me.
BUT, I love Hadrosaurs and Iguanodonts. Such a sucessful family of dinosaurs. Sadly, they're always overshadowed by flashier,
more commercialized hebivorous dinosaurs like the Stegosaurs, Sauropods, and Chasmosaurine. HUGS FOR HADROSAURS (http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1307/withthecharo.jpg)@ Dinosaur Crossing, Connecticut.

Camptosaurus is my favorite dinosaur. Er...Because there's absolutly nothing special about it aside from the primitive Iggy "swiss army hand".
Yay! Shunned Jurassic Iggy extrordinaire (:

This was also a time when Anatosaurus was the acceptable name for Anatotitan, though I had known that it was also sometimes called Trachodon in the past before that.
Poor Anatotitan has an identity crisis comparable to that of Indricotherium.

mystery piplup
15th August 2009, 9:25 PM
You'r in.

Herbivores by a long shot. I never like carnivores, especially not Rex or Spino.
Why do everybody hates my favorite dinos? D8 well, atleast I never saw a Baryonyx hater.

Sadly, they're always overshadowed by flashier,
more commercialized hebivorous dinosaurs like the Stegosaurs, Sauropods, and Chasmosaurine. HUGS FOR HADROSAURS @ Dinosaur Crossing, Connecticut.
Indeed.
But I like Stegosaurs. such beautiful creators. =3

Drake Pokétrainer
17th August 2009, 8:49 PM
Carnivores, especially the little Theropods like Coelurosaurids and Dromaeosaurids. But I like the big ones too.

I certaintly don't like Iguanodontids and Hadrosaurids, it's really hard to give them a description in my list (especially the Iguanodontids), they behaved almost the same and Iguanodontids almost look the same.

By the way, I found this (http://patriatyrannus.deviantart.com/gallery/#Paleoart) paleoartist some time ago, I think his art is awesome. I followed his stories of the Eoraptor couple, the young Tyrannosaurus and the Pteranodon.

LegendaryRotom
18th August 2009, 6:20 AM
I certaintly don't like Iguanodontids and Hadrosaurids, it's really hard to give them a description in my list (especially the Iguanodontids), they behaved almost the same and Iguanodontids almost look the same.
Really, now? I'm not one to argue, but do we really know how dinosaurs behaved when they were alive? Sure, we have some fossils that give hints.
But, dinosaur behavior could only be fully understood if we had a living, breathing dinosaur to study! Everything is speculation! o^__^o Haha. But would you really want to be studying those vicious little beasts with the serated teeth and hooked claws? Yes?

But the design that Iguanodonts and Hadrosaurs had was adorable and functional! So horse-like and sleek compared to bulky herbivores such as the Ceratopsians and Sauropods! If I could imagine riding any dinosaur in a show ring, it's gonna' be an Iguanodont.
And they were probably very quiet and gentle to~ The kind of animal that would sit under an apple tree with it's buddies all day~ (not literally, of course. Hypothetically.)
They were almost certainly herd dwellers, and, trust me, herd animals are dramatic and hysterically funny. I'm sure you could find some over-the-top Iggies just as well as you could find some wise-cracking Raptors. *shot for using the word; 'raptors'*

Heh. I just love them. Plain and Simple.

Indeed.
But I like Stegosaurs. such beautiful creators. =3
Stegos are okay. But their close kin- the Ankylosaurs- are win of the epic veriety. Oh yeah~ I wouldn't want to get near one of those clubs,though. O__O;

Griff4815
18th August 2009, 1:46 PM
Dinofossil

I bet I can name just about any dinosaur you can throw at me. I was a huge dinosaur nut as a kid and sort of still am.

mystery piplup
18th August 2009, 2:48 PM
Dinofossil

I bet I can name just about any dinosaur you can throw at me. I was a huge dinosaur nut as a kid and sort of still am.
You are in.
Ok then, whats the shark-toothed dinosaur?

[/quote]Stegos are okay. But their close kin- the Ankylosaurs- are win of the epic veriety.[quote]
OMG yes! *high five*

Drake Pokétrainer
18th August 2009, 8:15 PM
Really, now? I'm not one to argue, but do we really know how dinosaurs behaved when they were alive? Sure, we have some fossils that give hints.

It's just that Iguanodontids almost look the same. A creature's appearance gives us some hints of how it lived. (Too bad they couldn't get some DNA out of that Edmontosaurus mummy)
I didn't have anything against them before I started to make that list. But it's just so annoying to give differend descriptions if they look so similar and if every website and book gives them almost the same description.

Haha. But would you really want to be studying those vicious little beasts with the serated teeth and hooked claws? Yes?

Actually, I would. I'd be crazy enough to do that ^_^
At least, your chances to survive would be bigger than when you anger Megalosaurid or something.
Although I'd like it more when there's a mad Compsognathus chasing me than an Utahraptor...

'*
Heh. I just love them. Plain and Simple.

And I wouldn't even dare to try to change that, I don't like Iguanodonts, you maybe don't like small Theropods.
Nothing wrong with that :D

Griff4815
18th August 2009, 8:28 PM
What do you prefer? Carnivores dinosaurs, or herbivores dinosaurs?

Carnivorous dinosaurs, I have to say.

LegendaryRotom
18th August 2009, 9:12 PM
OMG yes! *high five*
Ankylos be high five material yes
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8608/anky.jpg

It's just that Iguanodontids almost look the same. A creature's appearance gives us some hints of how it lived. (Too bad they couldn't get some DNA out of that Edmontosaurus mummy)
I didn't have anything against them before I started to make that list. But it's just so annoying to give differend descriptions if they look so similar and if every website and book gives them almost the same description.
ROFL that Edmontosaur mummy made cry. I'm sure there's more mummies out there, though.
Maybe in the Arctic/Antarctic. Lots of little (and big) dinosaurs lived down there as it began to freeze up.
Haha. Maybe there's a frozen one down there! You never know!
(Of course, the DNA remains would probably still be to fragmented to do anything with...)

I still think there's a way to "created" dinosaurs, though. Or, at least small theropod ones,
through manipulating the genes of birds and selective breeding. It would take thousands,
maybe hundreds of thousands of years, but I think it could be accomplished.

I can dream~

And I wouldn't even dare to try to change that, I don't like Iguanodonts, you maybe don't like small Theropods.
Nothing wrong with that
Yeah. It's cool, no worries.:cool:
Anyway, it's not like this is one of my "Heatran conversion" rants. small theropods are alright, I just don't like their sharp pointies. *shudders*
I still have a hard time looking into the mouth of any carnivorous dinosaur.
That's why I spend all my prehistoric museum time in the not as crowded Ornithischian halls being all;
"asdfghjkl lookie at that Tenontosaur gaiz"

Oh, and the Paleozoic halls, but that's for a different thread. ;)
~
Ok then, whats the shark-toothed dinosaur?
Charcharodonto-whatsits. My speeling are horrble

Dilasc
19th August 2009, 4:39 AM

Largest Hadrosaur in China:
European Abelisaurid:
Name three species of Oviraptorids:
An Apex Predator of Late Jurassic China:
Name Means Heavy Claw:
Name Means Bird Mimic (there are 2):

Anyone can have fun answering those if they'd like.

New club question though.

Do other Prehistoric contemporaries of the time interest you?

I find it to be an interesting world where tiny mammal hide away and crocodilians sometimes rule, or Pterasaurs rule the air or Plesiosaurs at sea.

LoneStarAkira
19th August 2009, 4:56 AM
DINO FOSSIL! |D

I've loved dinosaurs ever since I was really young, which probably brought half of the teasing I used to get at school. I used to draw them alot, too, and I often talked about them back in primary school.

My fascination with them is probably what drew me to mythical animals, as they, too, are similar to dinosaurs in their own ways. Not many people I'm close to these days know about my love for dinos. ;3

My favourites have always been the Baryonix, Troodon and Velociraptors, so it seems that I like the odd-clawed ones, and carnivorous. >:3
Non-dinosaurs that I really like as well are the Archeopteryx and the Plesiosaur.

Griff4815
19th August 2009, 2:42 PM
I didn't use the internet for any of these, so you know.

Largest Hadrosaur in China: Yunnanosaurus (spelling?)
European Abelisaurid: Not sure.
Name three species of Oviraptorids: Oviraptor, Troodon, errrgh, I forget the other one I'm thinking of. It has a head crest.
An Apex Predator of Late Jurassic China: Yangchuanosaurus (spelling?)
Name Means Heavy Claw: Baryonyx
Name Means Bird Mimic (there are 2): Ornithomimus (I thought that that was the only one that meant bird mimic). There's chicken mimic and stuff for others.

mystery piplup
19th August 2009, 2:43 PM
@LoneStarAkira: You'r in

My favourites have always been the Baryonix
So I'm not the only one. :3

Do other Prehistoric contemporaries of the time interest you?
Well, not really.

There's chicken mimic
Gallimimus.

Dilasc
20th August 2009, 7:31 PM
Troodon is a Troodontid.

There are plenty of Oviraptorids: Numtegmaia, Citapi, Chirostenetos.
The largest Hadrosaur is I believe Shantungasaurus. It is about the same size as Lambeosaurus, approximately 50 ft long.
The other bird mimic is Avimimus (avi means bird) which I've never seen a non-feathered depiction of.

For those who don't understand what contemporary means, I'm pretty much asking about creatures who taxonomically don't fall under Dinosauria.

This would include Crocodilians, Protobirds, Pterasaurus, Icthyosaurs, Plesiosaurs, Mosasaurs, mammals, early Archosaurmorphs and so on. Though the dinosaurs were most prevalent, the presence of these who shared their world is undeniable.

crobatman
20th August 2009, 7:36 PM
Dino Fossils.

I am a fan of dinosaurs, and I am in the animal lover's club, so i will join this club too.

mystery piplup
20th August 2009, 8:02 PM
Dino Fossils.

I am a fan of dinosaurs, and I am in the animal lover's club, so i will join this club too.
Welcome.

New topic: Would you rather study the herbivores, or the carnivores?
I rather study the herbivores, theres alot of mystery sorrounds them.

LoneStarAkira
20th August 2009, 11:04 PM
Would you rather study the herbivores, or the carnivores?
If they were alive and I had to study them up close... herbivores plz.

It'd be interesting to study their diets, and how they survive, really. They were such large creatures. ;3;

Hey, is it alright if dinosaur art is posted here? I'm thinking about doing some.

mystery piplup
21st August 2009, 12:52 AM
Hey, is it alright if dinosaur art is posted here? I'm thinking about doing some.
Well, yes, ofcourse you can!
Dinosaur arts are appreciated~

kingmn2
21st September 2009, 12:13 AM
Hey, I play Dinosaur King,

My favorite dinos are: Carnotaurus, Fukuiraptor, and T-rex.

Griff4815
21st September 2009, 12:42 AM
Would you rather study the herbivores, or the carnivores?

Carnivores. Sharp claws/teeth are cool.