PDA

View Full Version : psychic touch

lucarioman098
15th August 2009, 3:36 AM
here is another deck that i want rated and also is it better or worse than my dam burst deck

4 Deoxys Normal (Legends Awaken)
4 Deoxys Attack (Legends Awaken)
4 Deoxys Speed (Legends Awaken)
4 Deoxys Defense (Legends Awaken)
4 Roserade GL (Rising Rivals)
4 Frosslass GL (Rising Rivals)
2 Heracross (Rising Rivals)
2 Espeon (Rising Rivals)
1 Gallade X (Rising Rivals)
3 Gallade GL (Rising Rivals)

2 Aaron's Collection
2 Felicity's Drawing

18 Psychic
6 Grass

im new at pokeon tcg so be specific about why i need to change things around please

Excitable Boy
15th August 2009, 10:53 AM
How, exactly, does your deck operate?

lucarioman098
15th August 2009, 2:38 PM
yeah i dont know some guy suggested it to me so i dont actuallly have it yet and he didnt tell me how it works so i didnt really think it was good anyway

Excitable Boy
15th August 2009, 3:31 PM
I would suggest coming up with a general strategy before throwing together random cards of the same types.

Lucario_X_Froslass
21st August 2009, 10:42 PM
XD You have a full Gallade Lv.X line! Try a spread deck! ^_^

This deck can't be helped; just destroyed...

~L_X_F

Shide
22nd August 2009, 9:20 AM
How do you play Gallade without ralts or kirlia?

Instead of Deoxys, put your deck around Gallade lvX

and add some more trainers!

SkittyOnWailord
23rd August 2009, 12:12 PM
How do you play Gallade without ralts or kirlia?

Gallade GL is a basic...

As for the deck. Take out about 12 Pokemon and about 6 energy and put in more trainers and supporters.

Lucario_X_Froslass
24th August 2009, 6:17 AM
XD Never mind tying to help the deck. Just use this list, I guess.

Pokemon: 21
1 Gallade 4 Lv.X RR
1 Palkia G Lv.X PL
3 Gallade 4 RR
3 Crobat G PL
2 Palkia G PL
1 Toxicroak G Promo
1 Spiritomb LA
2 Mesprit LA
3 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
3 Unown G GE

Trainers: 28
3 Roseanne's Research
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
1 Aaron's Collection
3 Team Galactic's Wager (IDK; good disruption nao. ^_^)
1 Moonlight Stadium
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
4 Energy Gain
3 Power Spray
4 Poke Turn
2 SP Radar
1 Night Maintenance

Energy: 11
5 Psychic Energy
3 Water Energy
3 Call Energy

Bad deck...but it could work... =P I just made the list off the top of my head, so...yeah. It's junk...but try something liek that.

~L_X_F

blue furret
25th August 2009, 1:55 PM
yeah i dont know some guy suggested it to me so i dont actuallly have it yet and he didnt tell me how it works so i didnt really think it was good anyway

I guess the biggest problem is that mainly the deck doesn't do anything. Froslass is way out of character for the rest of the deck. If you want to do grass and psychic I don't think it'd be a problem but Froslass is water and gets rid of all those lovely status conditions that you'd be giving your opponent. The attack version of a Gust of Wind isn't terrible but it's weak.

I would start by dropping the Froslass.

Also the Deoxys. I've read a few of them and I just don't get that Deoxys is more than a novelty at this point. They don't really seem to do anything except for the option to change into speed form to retreat for free?

I agree with one of the above posters that you need to focus your deck to do something. I know it was just a suggestion from some guy but take a look at what all the cards do and see if you can find a theme. Then expound on that theme by contributing more cards that fit the theme and enable or abuse the theme.

If you have a heavy poison theme then Croagunk (SP, psychic) is better than Froslass at dealing extra damage.

If you're playing only grass and psychic then maybe Miasma Valley would be a good option.

Aaron's Collection is fine and I'm a fan of Felicity's Drawing but a deck would only benefit from having more card drawing power. Something that's very true throughout almost every customizeable card game is that card advantage is the best advantage. Free card draw is better than resource tapping card draw but in this game the free cards (trainers) aren't as good as the resource driven cards (supporters). Bebe's search, it seems, is quite a staple in every deck because it lets you search out any of your pokemon. But without a strategy it's useless. Roseanne's Research also is a staple because it finds your basics and energy which is all you technically need to play the game.

But without a strategy for the deck you can't win the game consistently if ever.

I would play with the list you have on Apprentice or Redshark and figure out what you like about it and what you don't. Then come back and ask more questions.