PDA

View Full Version : help with my deck!

Moontini
16th August 2009, 6:57 AM
hi, i'm kinda new to this, but me and a bunch of my friends just started playing for fun, and my deck does pretty decently against them, but some of my friends just blow it out of the water. like no contest. i really like the idea of my deck, witch is pretty much get bellossom down, and heal alot, while getting xatu out to give my opponent all the status ailments they give me. with those 2 healing my attacker (mewtwo, mew ex, or bellossom/vileplume), i just kick butt! (sometimes >.>)

anyway, here it is

3-2 xatu (secret wonders)
1 mew ex (legend maker)
2 holon's castform (for my mew)
2 turtwig gl (rising rivals)
2 mewtwo (legends awakened)
1 mewtwo (majestic dawk)
1 mewtwo lvl x (tin promo)
4 oddish
3 gloom
2 bellossom (hidden legends)
1 bellossom (legends awakened)
1 vileplume (legends awakened)

pokemon: 25

2 computer search
4 bill
1 prof oak
1 lookers investigation
2 energy search
2 energy retrieval
2 night maintenance
2 celio's network
1 great ball
2 lucian's assignment
1 miasma valley
2 double full heal
1 mr. fuji

trainers: 23

5 grass energy
6 psychic
1 call energy
energy: 12

any pointers would be great, im not looking to spend alot of money, so dont totally revamp my deck ><, but i have a shoebox overflowing of base-fossil cards, from when i was younger, and a decent collection of random current boosters from current sets that I've picked up since i started playing.

anyway, thanks

acidicpoke
16th August 2009, 11:11 PM
You don't have enough energy. In a deck the average amout is about 15-20 i use 22 energy and use the extras to discard to allow me to use trainers/supporters.
If your looking for healing then leafeon (rising rivals) is a good option as is tropius (rising rivals) shaymin (supreme victors). You can create a neverending healing cycle if you have enough energy to retreat as leafeons pokebody removes 20 dmg whenever you atatch an energy card.
Hope it helps, Acid

Lucario_X_Froslass
21st August 2009, 11:58 PM
XD Your nergy are fine. I don't see any problems with them, actually! =3

For a beginner, this deck is really something! You actually made a nice deck. Just tell me what your friends are running and I'll help ya counter 'em all! ^_^ PM me or something.

~L_X_F

Shide
22nd August 2009, 10:18 AM
try building on turtwig with grotle and torterra, in exchange for some of oddish's evolutions.

Also take out some of your trainers for energies.

Lucario_X_Froslass
24th August 2009, 6:56 AM
No! Keep your Energy the way they are!

BTW, what type of decks do your friends use?

~L_X_F

blue furret
25th August 2009, 4:16 PM
I agree you have enough energy for this deck. Energy search, Bill, Professor Oak and the fact that you can use Holon's Castform as energy is really important to note. When you're using trainers to draw cards instead of supporters your deck is a lot thinner than it actually looks. I would probably leave out the great ball *if you're only running one simply because Luxury ball is better.

However because of Castform being so useful you might increase the ways to search out Castform for free and just put him in your hand. If you had more cards with colorless energy requirements i might recommend Double Colorless energy so Casform and your mew could just do anything you want but I don't see that happening.

one thing I will say about Castform is that he's really useful for reusing energy. Maybe consider using cards like Potion energy and full heal energy to help keep your pokemon alive or remove status conditions whenever you need.

I really like this deck idea. The only other thing i'd say is I wish there was a way to give your pokemon a status condition so that Xatu could function even better.

Are there any cards that give you a boost but give your active pokemon a status condition?

Lucario_X_Froslass
25th August 2009, 6:20 PM
@blue_furret (But is pink =3): There's (in modified...sadly =P) Skuntank G and Wigglytuff, and that's all I know of. Also, Double Colorless is an okay option if his Vileplume or Bellossom use colorless attacks or require two or more colorless to use an attack... =P Just if ya didn't notice, and sadly I don't know what these cards do. D= But I will look 'em up if need be.

~L_X_F

Poke_Mania97
1st September 2009, 11:41 AM
i would rate it 4.5! mewtwo x rocks!

SkittyOnWailord
1st September 2009, 3:45 PM
You don't have enough energy. In a deck the average amout is about 15-20 i use 22 energy and use the extras to discard to allow me to use trainers/supporters.
If your looking for healing then leafeon (rising rivals) is a good option as is tropius (rising rivals) shaymin (supreme victors). You can create a neverending healing cycle if you have enough energy to retreat as leafeons pokebody removes 20 dmg whenever you atatch an energy card.
Hope it helps, Acid

Uh, no. The adverage amount of enery in a deck is about 12-16. (And in a few cases even less) Haven't you been playing for long?

Shadow Eeveelution
1st September 2009, 3:47 PM
the main problem of this deck is it have to many pokemon