PDA

View Full Version : Kecleon Discussion

calze6
23rd August 2009, 3:06 AM
In PMD, the hardest poke to battle and recruit is kecleon. I propose a discussion thread for him.

Nebbio
23rd August 2009, 12:44 PM
Ok to kill him have a lvl 70 something like Sceptile. I piked him cause he was my partner in Red. Have Bullet seed all the time when the Kelecons at a distance.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
23rd August 2009, 8:03 PM
I've recruited him in both Red and Blue, but not Time nor Darkness. In Red/Blue the first one that attacks has boss-like stats and the others have basic power levels, but in Time/Darkness all of them have boss-like stats; with several hundred HP each.

ViewtifulJoe
24th August 2009, 2:06 AM
In Red, I got my starter (Typhlosion) to level 100 and walked onto the lava to attack while they all ran to me, though I never got one. Apparently, they have a -33.9% recruitment chance. By having a friend bow, you increase the chance by 10%. By being level 90-100, you get an extra 24%. The only way to recruit Kecleon is by being level 90-100 and have a friend bow. And even then, you only have a .1% chance.

Sprintking
24th August 2009, 2:51 AM
Yeah, recruiting Kecleon pretty much sucks. It probably took me at least 150 encounters to get one, and I could only stand about 4 or 5 of them a floor

freakyboy05
24th August 2009, 2:56 AM
Never got him and probably never will, but it's so fun to steal from him!

silversymbol
24th August 2009, 9:11 AM
I think its cool when you are on a Kecleon shop floor and use a trwl orb next to the stairs

Too_Much_Coffee
24th August 2009, 9:23 AM
It can be really annoying. I accidentaly picked up an item from his store in a super tough dungeon (I was making record progress), didn't have enough money to pay for it and he KO'd me. Darn kecleon...

Rainbowdashtheawesome
25th August 2009, 1:45 AM
I think its cool when you are on a Kecleon shop floor and use a trwl orb next to the stairs

It's even better if you sell him a bunch of stuff first. I do it all the time. I sell him a bunch of garbage I've picked up in the dungeon, walk away like a fine howdy-doo, get right next to the stairs, and trigger the trawl orb. That way I have the merchandise and the money. I mostly do this in dungeons like Lake Afar when Kecleon is selling evolution items.

Illusione-Tempus
25th August 2009, 8:28 AM
I sell him a bunch of garbage I've picked up in the dungeon, walk away like a fine howdy-doo, get right next to the stairs, and trigger the trawl orb.

Lol you are clever. I would do this but there ain't any more use for the money (300,000 Poke lying dust in the bank)

I would do that Trawl Orb thingy, especially with all the evolution items :3

sweet_piplup123
26th August 2009, 2:39 PM
I think I did the Trawl Orb thing too...but only to steal items because I'm too lazy to level up my leaders to lv 100...

swampsperts
26th August 2009, 4:13 PM
I just fight the keckleons off, so hopefully one day one will join my rescue team.

rekreatur
26th August 2009, 10:54 PM
I never really tried getting them because they have no use for me.

Killing them off with Bullet Seed, Discharge or Earthquake is fun though.

SHINY CATCHER
27th August 2009, 10:53 PM
I've caught him on Blue and Time but not Red or dark and it took me around 200-300 battles to get him with lv100+friend bow

swampsperts
29th August 2009, 7:11 AM
I've caught him on Blue and Time but not Red or dark and it took me around 200-300 battles to get him with lv100+friend bow

I believe even at that the chances are 1.5/100 of getting him to join your rescue team.

calze6
30th August 2009, 2:56 AM
I think you need to be lvl 90-100 and have golden mask and fast friend IQ to recruit him. I can't be bothered. I once stole from him without a pure seed. I sometimes sell and then steal, then kill the kecleon and get all the items back! There is a lot of evolution items in shimmer hill to steal.

goldgolem
30th August 2009, 11:38 PM
kecleon sure has a lot of teammates or brothers to come and help him after he faints.

talala
31st August 2009, 3:37 AM
i stole from one, then got killed by 3 after i killed 7 or 8, no recruit

goldgolem
5th September 2009, 5:55 AM
apparently, the several of the only places that kecleon doesn't become recruitable are probably the Zero Isle dungeons. that's my guess.

Darkmaster Rannon
5th September 2009, 4:05 PM
apparently, the several of the only places that kecleon doesn't become recruitable are probably the Zero Isle dungeons. that's my guess.

Isn't that because nothing is recruitable in ther Zero Isle dungeons or something?

First I have to find a pokemon with Fast friend that I like, level it up like crazy, give it every single gummi I get, and hope I catch 1 out of 100 kecleon assassins. Now, should I use Cresselia, Jirachi (haven't caught it yet.) or Kangaskhan?

talala
5th September 2009, 6:36 PM
Isn't that because nothing is recruitable in ther Zero Isle dungeons or something?

First I have to find a pokemon with Fast friend that I like, level it up like crazy, give it every single gummi I get, and hope I catch 1 out of 100 kecleon assassins. Now, should I use Cresselia, Jirachi (haven't caught it yet.) or Kangaskhan?

Jirachi for the steel type, high defense :D

goldgolem
5th September 2009, 6:49 PM
maybe if you defeat enough kecleons, the rooms will flood with kecleons such as 10 in a 6x6 room or even more than that.

talala
5th September 2009, 7:34 PM
maybe if you defeat enough kecleons, the rooms will flood with kecleons such as 10 in a 6x6 room or even more than that.

or even a full dungeon floor O_O

goldgolem
5th September 2009, 7:36 PM
is that even possible though?

talala
5th September 2009, 7:38 PM
is that even possible though?

idk lol :p

goldgolem
5th September 2009, 7:38 PM
what level are those kecleons anyway?

talala
5th September 2009, 7:42 PM
what level are those kecleons anyway?

anywhere from like 40 to 100

goldgolem
5th September 2009, 7:50 PM
those Kecleons can do 40s on my Palkia. O.o

luckily i can demolish them with Water Pulse and Spacial Rend.

suicune lover
5th September 2009, 9:09 PM
Kecleon? Hard as hell to get. All my attacks do 1 damage (I'm level 90) So I just throw a Sleep seed, Blas seed, Stickk, Repeat. But then all the rest come >:

Shame you can't recruit the Purplle one,, I <3 that purple one.

Metagross Guy
5th September 2009, 10:49 PM
i think u can recruit kecleon ...try taking a pokemon that knows explosion and use it while near a kecleon shop he'll fight u at normal speed and u will have a higher recruiting chance..oh!! use an amber tear or friend bow all da best metro station metagross guy

goldgolem
6th September 2009, 12:06 AM
which is better? Amber Tear or Golden Mask?

RukarioX
6th September 2009, 12:10 AM
Wow, I had a level 100 Blastoise holding a Friendship Ribbon or whatever it was called, I was Rukario Rank and I still didn't recruit Kecleon :(

goldgolem
6th September 2009, 12:15 AM
they must be above legendary status.

talala
6th September 2009, 12:28 AM
Wow, I had a level 100 Blastoise holding a Friendship Ribbon or whatever it was called, I was Rukario Rank and I still didn't recruit Kecleon :(

you're forgetting the pure luck factor, with all that your chances are still under 10%

goldgolem
6th September 2009, 1:55 AM
you're forgetting the pure luck factor, with all that your chances are still under 10%

darn i forgot about that, but yea the luck factor is major in the game.

calze6
6th September 2009, 2:34 AM
What is the recruit rate as lvl 100 with golden mask? I thought it was still below zero. Is it? you really need stat upping/stat lowering moves or seismic toss/night shade to kill it. I can kill them easily!

Darkmaster Rannon
6th September 2009, 2:48 AM
they must be above legendary status.

Kecleon's power level is OVER 9000!

What is the recruit rate as lvl 100 with golden mask? I thought it was still below zero. Is it?

level 90-100 gets you a 25% and Golden mask another 24% for a total 49% Recruit rate. Kecleon has a -49.5 Recruit rate, so you also need fast friend (+1% recruit rate, woot!) on your 90-100 pokemon for a slim 0.5% recruit rate Kecleon.

calze6
6th September 2009, 2:55 AM
That's what I thought but some say its recruit rate is 33.9&#37; or something.

Darkmaster Rannon
6th September 2009, 3:04 AM
That's what I thought but some say its recruit rate is 33.9% or something.

In Pokemon Dungeon Red and Blue Kecleon is a -33.9% recruit rate

In Time and darkness he is a -49.5% recruit rate.

It's really annoying, all thanks to items that increased the recruit rate even more than the friend bow.

Illusione-Tempus
6th September 2009, 6:21 AM
It's really annoying, all thanks to items that increased the recruit rate even more than the friend bow.

Agree <_<

Well in PMD2 they're lv 42 like my friend Torosiken said. If you want an accurate level for Kecleon, Doom seed is your final answer.

Well the Vile + Violent Seed always work, too bad their attacks are so high. Momento anyone? Then Oran berries? I say no -_-

Stealing from Kecleons at the Marine Resort produces the most! They basically have at least one Gold Ribbon per shop x3

EDIT: Error detected ^_^;

goldgolem
6th September 2009, 6:32 AM
kecleon have a wierd way of showing themselves as level 42.

if they are level 42, then a 42 beating my level 100 Palkia is epic.

Torosiken
6th September 2009, 11:49 AM
Not 42, but 43.

I found the info while I throw a doom seed on it =.=''
and I defeat it. I used sing and attack it. I WON!

BUT THEN IT CALL ITS FRIENDS!! 2... 3... 4... NOOOO!! (I put this article on my site too, click http://achamo-torchic.brokenwishes.net/games/md2/kecleon.php)

goldgolem
6th September 2009, 4:55 PM
kecleon must be the most powerful pokemon ever. O.o

KingRaichu
6th September 2009, 11:11 PM
Kecleon is a bit of an odd thing...they act as merchants, being godlike to avoid players abusing stealing..but why not have them as wild pokemon...making it nearly impossible to have them on your team...especially in T/D

goldgolem
7th September 2009, 7:27 AM
never mess with a merchant and his stall.especially if it's kecleon's stall. o.O

KingRaichu
7th September 2009, 3:47 PM
It's an anti-cheating mechanic that went too far...and BECAMEE ALIVE!!!

miGz
8th September 2009, 1:34 AM
They're trying to teach kids, that stealing is a no-no.

calze6
12th September 2009, 3:17 AM
Just kill it with a lv100 using night shade/seismic toss (I use darkrai).

Metagross Guy
12th September 2009, 4:02 PM
Hmm yes try using darkrai,spirit tomb and all other levitating ghost pokemon...there was this move, i forgot it (sorry) but it lowered the enemy's stats drastically

NOTICE:

IF YOU ARE USING A GHOST POKEMON OR LEVITATING POKEMON TO FLOAT OVER TREES,ROCKS ETC MAKE SURE YOU CARRY ALOT OF APPLES

calze6
13th September 2009, 2:39 AM
I once stole from it without a pure seed (with darkrai). There were once 8 kecleons blocking the staircase. However, I somehow passed to the next floor losing only a couple of reviver seeds!

Illusione-Tempus
13th September 2009, 4:25 AM
Hmm yes try using darkrai,spirit tomb and all other levitating ghost pokemon...there was this move, i forgot it (sorry) but it lowered the enemy's stats drastically

You mean Momento? Seriously, you'll kill yourself before you managed to do it <_<

Metagross Guy
13th September 2009, 5:28 PM
You mean Momento? Seriously, you'll kill yourself before you managed to do it <_<

Not if you have skills, i never lost to a kecleon...hmm well only once : D

Anyways on topic, i just defeated 6 Kecleons. I kill them so many times and yet none of them want to be on my team, why do they hate me?...Hmm probably because i rob them mercilessly.

squlicky4
19th September 2009, 12:58 PM
ive never beaten him hes solid man

goldgolem
20th September 2009, 7:35 AM
i've used Palkia with Violent Seed using Spacial Rend repeatedly.

it seems to do massive damage after the first Spacial Rend because their type changes to dragon, and so they become weak to it.

Golden Wisp
20th September 2009, 6:56 PM
I stole from him many times. By both using a pure seed and taking items and Running to the staircase. :P You can befriend one of the kelceons but their recruit rate is equivalent to a legendary pokemon so if you want one you better bring a friend bow.

Little Wishling
21st September 2009, 5:31 AM
In the Red and Blue Rescue team games, if you're monstrously lucky enough to recruit him, what Friend Area does he stay in?

Purplepassion
21st September 2009, 6:42 AM
Kecleon is hard. I stole from him a couple of times and I only escaped once...

Golden Wisp
25th September 2009, 3:18 AM
In the Red and Blue Rescue team games, if you're monstrously lucky enough to recruit him, what Friend Area does he stay in?
It stays in the Overgrown Forest friend area. :)

Shiny qwilfish of doom
25th September 2009, 10:38 AM
I recruited a Kecleon at Wyvern Hill once,and boy it took atleast four weeks of Kecleon hunting to get it.

calze6
26th September 2009, 7:03 AM
Kecleon, I think, is harder to recruit in PMD2 than PMD1.

Shiny qwilfish of doom
26th September 2009, 9:52 AM
Kecleon, I think, is harder to recruit in PMD2 than PMD1.

Pretty much correct, They kill you much faster then in PMD1. That's no joke.

goldgolem
28th September 2009, 6:07 PM
it's dangerous to even let one get right to you because either they attack or use Tail Whip/Screech, which can help cause severe damage to you.

i'm currently trying to recruit it with my Palkia with Golden Mask.i found some methods to avoid their physical attacks,but its Shadow Sneak,Screech and Psybeam still hit me.it's well worth the cost for me.

Kecleon is quite the opponent for me to battle. lol

calze6
29th September 2009, 9:43 AM
Don't you need fast friend IQ as well to make a 0.5&#37; chance? Come to think of it, I don't know anyone who has a kecleon from time/darkness. If you do, please tell us!

Illusione-Tempus
29th September 2009, 12:51 PM
Anyways on topic, i just defeated 6 Kecleons. I kill them so many times and yet none of them want to be on my team, why do they hate me?...Hmm probably because i rob them mercilessly.

My method of robbing:

Sell Stuff, Pure Seed + Trawl Orb, Take items before Kecleons reach you

Works for me and Palkia, I wouldn't want to waste money on a Gold Ribbon, but stealing one is a really good way to gain money :"

Lithium_Catalysis
29th September 2009, 11:49 PM
Fighting Kecleon is the most fun I've had on EoT. I mean, it took long enough to recruit him on BRT, I can't be bothered doing the hard yards to get him this time around.

calze6
1st October 2009, 7:12 AM
Don't bother with trawl orb. They are too precious. Just use the pure seeds with no recruits. You should be safe!

Birds of Paradise
13th October 2009, 11:41 PM
Huh, I didn't realize they had such a low recruit rate, but why do people want to recruit them? Because of their ability or something?

Pingouin7
14th October 2009, 3:40 AM
Kecleon has it's recruit rate in the negatives.
You have to use Golden Mask/Amber Tear, be Lv. 100 with Master Rank and Fast Friend ability to even have a chance of recruiting it.

calze6
17th October 2009, 6:29 AM
You don't need master rank and you only have to be lvl90+. People want to recruit them because of honour and their strength.

Sceptrigon
18th October 2009, 4:15 AM
I remember defeating Kecleon in a flash using regular attack (i think..) using a lv. 100 Kyogre in the 1st MD. You're gonna need a pretty high leveled pokemon (like my Kyogre, maybe not that high), or some pure seeds and Agility (if in MD2).

Rakurai
18th October 2009, 4:26 AM
Simply being level 100 isn't nearly enough to put up a fight against a Kecleon in PMD 2, considering that all of its stats are maxed out (At the normal cap of 255, which can be exceeded with hold items and moves) with the exception of HP.

No other Pokemon gets even close to maxing its stats purely through leveling, so you need to use a ton of stat boosting items and/or moves to stand a chance (Bringing a Pokemon that knows Acupressure would be a good idea).

Snorlax2999
19th October 2009, 5:25 AM
A few years ago, I'd been looking for a strategy to recruit Kecleon for PMD2. I finally found what seemed to be a plausible one on another board. I used it (altering a few small things) and lo and behold--it worked! It took about 3-4 real-time weeks of playing 2-3 hours a day, but it worked!

What I did:

Recruit hoppip
Raise (pump it full of golden seeds) to jumpluff lvl 100 for best results
Stuff calciums in till bursting
Stuff (wonder)gummis in till bursting
-Make sure to have giga/mega drain
-have a pokemon that increases sunlight (I used groudon)
-get globes to increase speed in sunlight (I mostly used generators to get all my supplies)
-bring golden mask, reviver, and violent seeds
-find kecleon send groudon back, eat seed, go to town (near a stairway for escape)
-the kecleons will be pretty much one-shotted so you can kill like 20 at a time sometimes without dying.
-when plan fails, reset, start over.

Obviously, this would take a considerably longer time to those who don't want to use generators, but still.

Sora
19th October 2009, 9:58 AM
My method of robbing:

Sell Stuff, Pure Seed + Trawl Orb, Take items before Kecleons reach you

Works for me and Palkia, I wouldn't want to waste money on a Gold Ribbon, but stealing one is a really good way to gain money :"

I'm going to try that now.

I think people recruit Kecleon for the sake of completion. Do they retain the godly stats once you recruit them? Because that might be another reason.

Rakurai
19th October 2009, 10:28 AM
I'm going to try that now.

I think people recruit Kecleon for the sake of completion. Do they retain the godly stats once you recruit them? Because that might be another reason.

They do, but considering that you need a comparably godly Pokemon to recruit one, it won't be that useful.

It also doesn't dominate the level one dungeons like it did in PMD 1, as all of its major stat gains take place in a level range you'll never be able to realistically reach in one of those dungeons.

jaimster
20th October 2009, 10:37 PM
Guys,.. Just throw a hunger seed at him,.. He wont be able to move and his attacks do 1 HP

Yaragorm
21st October 2009, 6:53 AM
Ugh. KECLEON....I always hate these guys. In red, I got to Level 100 and with a friend bow and pretty much every single favorable thing possible to allow recruiting...I think I recruited one once but another Kecleon killed it...........

In Time, they're even worse. In red, they could be killed in one hit if you're lvl 100. But in Time/Darkness/Sky, all the kecleons need like 4 hits to kill, and that is really dumb....

I always rob them whenever I can, it's so fun.....

jaimster
21st October 2009, 8:18 AM
Hunger Seed! X3
Dont know if it works actually but it worked on Palkia,.. xD His attacks did 1 damage!

Eeveefreak
21st October 2009, 5:59 PM
Good idea...but as you've got a .1&#37; chance of recruiting...that's a lot of hunger seeds. Useful for one or two Kecleons...but probably not all that helpful for recruitment in the long run.

That is an interesting general tip, tho...I'll have to look into that sometime. That said...I have yet to recruit Kecleon in either game...I never reached 100 in the first game, and the second...well...I don't have a pokemon with Fast Friend at 100th, so... *shrugs*

Eeveefreak
21st October 2009, 6:14 PM
Edit: Didn't realize that it posted twice somehow. Sorry. >.>;;; Evil computer.

jaimster
21st October 2009, 7:56 PM
No but it IS usefull when you want to steal something

Eeveefreak
21st October 2009, 8:07 PM
Eeeh..maybe. He brings friends. Lots of friends. Who are all as ubered out as he is. @.@ I find it better to trawl and run or use the Pure Seed and run, than try out carrying lots of Hunger Seeds to throw at every Kecleon between me and the exit. o.o;;

jaimster
21st October 2009, 9:01 PM
That was what I meant yea,.. xD How you get to the exit is your own problem but hunger seeds will surely help ^^

Spirit of Darkness
22nd October 2009, 7:17 PM
Keckleon is hard to get, but it is fun to steal from it. xD

5wamp3rt
24th October 2009, 10:00 PM
I've used Vacuum-Cut while I was in the Kecleon room on a random wild pokemon. It hit Kecleon also, and then it beat me. :(