PDA

View Full Version : The Inheritance Club

Mrs. Lovett
27th August 2009, 8:57 PM
http://i28.*******.com/9qh4rk.png

Welcome to the Inheritance Club! This club is dedicated to the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini, set in the magical world of Alagaësia.The books are Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and a fourth book which is still yet to come. Here, you can discuss the plot, characters, events, etc. to your heart's content. You may post your own series-related art here if you wish. If you want me to put it up here, just ask. All fans are welcome to join!

RULES&GUIDELINES:
The first time you break a rule, I will give you a warning. The second time, you'll be banned for 1 day. After that, the bans keep piling up. So, if you break a rule and return after your 1 day ban, then break another rule, you get a 2 day ban. And so on.

1. All forum rules apply.
2. When in doubt, use a spoiler tag. To make a spoiler, press the 'SPOIL' button on the editing box. (Next to the IMG200 button)
3. Respect other opinions and views.
4. You can make a new topic at any time, but make sure it has something worth discussing.
5. Feel free to speculate on the fourth book, but if you have any confirmed news about it, please put it in spoilers and include a link to your source.
6. If I give you a warning, or if a co-owner gives you a warning, listen to us.
7. If you hate the books, then by all means, leave. No bashing people who think differently.

MEMBERS:
To become a member, all you need is an interest in this series. Just post saying you want to join, and I'll add you to the member list.
NOTE: If you are a member, we'll assume that you've read Eragon already or at least are close to finishing it. I don't expect members to put spoilers for Eragon for this reason, else there will be little to talk about :/ So basically, the only rule for becoming a member is to have read at least some of Eragon. I won't hold it against you if you haven't, but be careful.

Mrs. Lovett - Owner
Phendrona
Shadow XD001
Proby3
Edge Master
Gren Draco

CLUB ACTIVITIES:

Once you become a member, you can partake in various club activities.
- Take the quiz here (http://www.alagaesia.com/characters/index.html) and see which Eragon character you are most like. Then, post your results.
- Think you know all there is to know about the series? Test your knowledge with the trivia quiz (http://www.randomhouse.com/quizzes/index.cgi?Eragon)! The quiz may have some spoilers for the first two books, but they don't reveal anything big.

Note: most of these activities are taken from the official website of the author. I do not own any of the content of these activities, I am only linking to them.

What got you interested in the Inheritance series?
What is your favorite spell in the Ancient Language? Why?
Who is your favorite character? Why?
What are your hopes/theories about the last book?

OFFICIAL CLUB ARTWORK:
Show your support for the Inheritance Club by putting these in your signature! You don't have to give credit for these, just copy and paste the codes into your signature. Just don't claim them as your own work.
http://i27.*******.com/2i763hx.png (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=10379527)

http://i27.*******.com/2i763hx.png (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=10379527)

http://i29.*******.com/2dqna81.png (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=10379527)

http://i29.*******.com/2dqna81.png (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=10379527)

http://i27.*******.com/11imo10.png (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=10379527)

http://i27.*******.com/11imo10.png (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=10379527)

Have fun!

Mrs. Lovett
29th August 2009, 12:47 AM
Woo, club's approved! Feel free to join at any time, I'll be working on a club banner :P

Phendrona
29th August 2009, 1:06 AM
Hey! I'm joining for sure! Can't wait to see the banner!

Favorite spell? Brisingr. Definitely

Mrs. Lovett
29th August 2009, 1:29 AM
Welcome to the club, Phendrona! I added your name to the list. My turn to answer some topics:

I bought the book Eragon in a book fair a few years ago. I read it, but I assumed that there would be no more books in a long time, so I let it sit on my shelf for a while. Then, I heard about a new book called Eldest, and went to get it. I've been hooked ever since, and bought Brisingr on the first day it came out here.

I'd have to agree on Brisingr. It has a great wording, and it's short and simple.

I also thought of a new topic: What were your thoughts on Brisingr?
(Be sure to put your answer in spoilers, because some people might not have read this book yet.)

Brisingr was a good book overall, but the ending really surprised me! I was completely shocked when Oromis and Glaedr died, but I'm happy that Glaedr will live on as an Eldunarķ. Brisingr was a great book, and personally I'm glad that Christopher Paolini decided to extend the series.

Phendrona
29th August 2009, 3:17 AM
Might as well answer some more questions:

Well, I Joined AQ forums. It was my first forum. I was mainly in the clubs section, where I was a member of "The Dragon Rider's club". I didn't know about The Inheritance series then, but the idea of being a dragon rider was exciting and awesome for me. I later learnt that the club was based on the series (they didn't make it obvious), and I wanted to read it right away. It's a great series that I'm very happy I read.

What were your thoughts on Brisingr?
I thought it was sorta the bridge to the final book. I didn't love it as much as Eragon and Eldest, but I know the final book is going to be spectacular.

Can I make a new topic? :

Have you read any of the books in the Inheritance series more than once? If so, how many times?

I read Eragon and Eldest two times before I read Brisingr. I've only read Brisingr once, but I'll probably make an effort to read it when I get the final book (whenever it comes out).

Shadow XD001
29th August 2009, 1:28 PM
Hi, may I please join? I've been a fan of this series since about February or so, but I didn't get to read the first book since the person my school reading it took a long time and it like wasn't in the library. I've recently finished Eldest and am gonna read Brisingr after I finish Pendragon Book 10. While I can, I'll answer some topics.

Basically what I said above. I got Eragon at a Public Library and not my schools and it also came with Eldest, but I got Eldest separate. I wanted to read the series because two of my friends read it and liked it. (one is done with Brisngr and I don't know if the other finished it)

Brisingr, because it's easy to understand and probably one of the only words I can actually say in the ancient language. Plus, Book Three was named after it!

Murtagh. He just seems so cool.If King Galbatorix hadn't been controlling him, he would have been good. Like Durza, Murtagh is probably Galbatorix's right-hand man. Also, Thorn, his dragon, is cool and I was surprised he stole Zar'roc, until I read on. Thorn and Misery (Zar'roc meaning in English) are perfect match. Then comes Murtagh.

My hopes is that it's good. Whatever color the dragon is, it may be Galbatorix's dragon, which I think may be black. Also, maybe after Eragon beats Murtagh, he faces King Galbatorix and during the battle, Murtagh helps Eragon, because somehow the spell on Murtagh from Galbatorix weakened.

Oh my god. I was just on Shur'tugal.com and there was very shocking news. It was about a Third Q&A with Christopher Paolini and they could POSSIBLY be a fifth book. I don't know what it's about, but I'm more concerned about Book Four. Anyway, just thought I'd point that out. Shur'tugal.com is a reliable website for the Inheritance Cycle.

Mrs. Lovett
29th August 2009, 5:40 PM
Shadow XD001: welcome to the club! Don't worry, no one's gonna spoil the ending of Brisingr to you. Just be careful of what we put in SPOILER tags :P Take your time reading it, though. It's a great book.

I agree with what you said in your spoiler.
It would actually have been kinda cool if Eragon killed Glabatorix with Zar'roc, since it was the sword of Morzan. I was very shocked when Murtagh revealed that they were actually brothers, and the identity of Eragon's father was finally revealed.

Oh my god. I was just on Shur'tugal.com and there was very shocking news. It was about a Third Q&A with Christopher Paolini and they could POSSIBLY be a fifth book. I don't know what it's about, but I'm more concerned about Book Four. Anyway, just thought I'd point that out. Shur'tugal.com is a reliable website for the Inheritance Cycle.
Gahh! I personally hope there isn't :/ I'm already on my toes waiting for the release of the fourth book, and I'm not sure how long Christopher Paolini is gonna keep milking the moment >:0 (I know he has to write it first, but I'm still very excited for it!)

I actually found a good website for all your Inheritance questions. Be warned, it contains a lot of spoilers for the books. There's also a little section where it gives a list of the possibilities for the fourth book. It's actually quite interesting, but I think you should read Brisingr first.

Click at your own risk! (http://inheritance.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page)

Phendrona
29th August 2009, 10:41 PM
I'm definitely not reading that link. I don't want anything spoiler for me.

My hopes is that there will find/steal a dragon egg. I bet it's gonna be a green one. I think Arya will become a dragon rider, since the last dragon is green and Arya's eyes are always mentioned as being a very beautiful green.

Mrs. Lovett
29th August 2009, 11:06 PM
My hopes is that there will find/steal a dragon egg. I bet it's gonna be a green one. I think Arya will become a dragon rider, since the last dragon is green and Arya's eyes are always mentioned as being a very beautiful green.
It's confirmed that the last book will be green, and I think that there's a high possibility of her becoming a Rider, due to all those subtle hints that you pick up while reading. Besides her eyes, Saphira also needs a mate. If she doesn't mate with Thorn, then she must mate with the last dragon, the green one. If Arya's (what-if) and Eragon's dragon mate, then the Riders might fall in love.

My only argument to that is that it's too obvious. I personally think that Christopher Paolini will try to make it as clever, yet unexpected as possible. I'll be happy with whoever he chooses (or chose, depending on the status of the work) to be a Rider. But I think things will make the most sense if it is Arya.

Also a new topic: What do you think will become of Shruikan after all this madness ends?
I think that Eragon will, at one point, touch Shruikan's mind and find a way to free him. Then, Shruikan might turn against Galbatorix in that final, curcial battle. Then, either one of the Varden might become his third Rider, or Shruikan will just be a Rider-less dragon. If he doesn't die, that is :/

Shadow XD001
30th August 2009, 12:41 AM
I'm NOT clicking the link until I finish Brisingr (and get it) My parents went to the mall with me and my bro and we also went to Walden Books and saw Brisingr. I was like, "Dad, can I get it?", He said, "No, why don't you get it at the Library?" i was annoyed, yes, but whatever. I'm almost done with Pendragon, then I'll rush over to the Library and claim my prize.

What do you think will become of Shruikan after all this madness ends?
Since he was cursed by Galbatorix with black spells, the spells will probably end with gone after Galbatorix dies. (or maybe Eragon will spare is life???????) Anyway, the same thing happened in Book 1. The Urgals were being controlled by Durza and when he died, they became good because the spell died off with Durz dying. (not really a spoiler since you should have at least read Book 1 to join here, or be close to finishing)

Phendrona
30th August 2009, 7:58 AM
I agree with your theory on Shruikan Hikari (Mrs. Lovett ;) )

And good choice not clicking out of curiosity. Trust me, you'll regret it.

Hope more members join!

CaptainCombusken
30th August 2009, 11:34 AM
I'm in! Fave series of books by the way!

I Like Dragons...

Brisingr. Because I LOVE fire.

I can't say. Roran, Eragon probably. Because they're the mian characters really.

I Don't know why, but for some reason I don't like the idea of Arya becoming a Rider, even though it's probably the most obvious and most likely possibility.

I don't know why, but I SO want Roran to become a Rider, even though it would just be a little weird for them if Saphira and Green egg mate.

Mutargh. I got some doubts about him, but my hope is that he becomes on the good side, even if it is an unlikely eventuality.

Mrs. Lovett
30th August 2009, 6:47 PM
Welcome, Proby3! It's interesting how everyone who joined picked Brisingr as their favorite spell :P

Since he was cursed by Galbatorix with black spells, the spells will probably end with gone after Galbatorix dies. (or maybe Eragon will spare is life???????) Anyway, the same thing happened in Book 1. The Urgals were being controlled by Durza and when he died, they became good because the spell died off with Durz dying. (not really a spoiler since you should have at least read Book 1 to join here, or be close to finishing)
I hope Eragon will spare Shruikan's life... For some odd reason, I just do.

I remember the day I got Brisingr... I bought it at a bookstore, and it took all my willpower NOT to look on the next page to see what would happen next. I used to do that with a lot of books, but I promised myself I wouldn't do that with this series... D:

Edge Master
30th August 2009, 10:16 PM
can i join? right now im halfway through brisingr
What got you interested in the series?
My friend was reading them
What is your favorite spell in the ancient language?
ill be different than everyone and say its jierda its cool to just break stuff

Mrs. Lovett
30th August 2009, 10:52 PM
can i join? right now im halfway through brisingr
What got you interested in the series?
My friend was reading them
What is your favorite spell in the ancient language?
ill be different than everyone and say its jierda its cool to just break stuff
Of course you can join. Welcome!
While you're still halfway through Brisingr, you should steer clear of some of the spoilers here.

Guys, I'm currently working on a button for those of you who want to advertise the club in your signature. Feel free to make your own graphics too!

Shadow XD001
30th August 2009, 11:14 PM
No, when I said Eragon might spare his life, I meant Galbatorix. There is a .1 % chance of that happening.

Guess what? Another failed attempt to get Brisingr! I rode my bike with my bro (Torpoleon here), and my parents and we went to the Library, and my bro got two books. I was hoping to get Brisingr because I just really wanted to read it. It was really weird because I see it there, but guess what? It's in Spanish! I know it comes in different languages, but come on! They have English copies, but other people had them (unfortunately) and it's not like all of the people in the U.S. know Spanish. (I know some, but not enough for a 700 paged book)

The closet one coming back Sept. 10th, more waiting...... Hopefully, I'll be done with Pendragon.....

Has something like this happened to you with the Inheritance Cycle. (this is still talking about the Inheritance Cycle)

Phendrona
30th August 2009, 11:35 PM
Eragon. He's the main character, so why not?

And I can't see Roran becoming a Dragon Rider. He can't use magic.

Edge Master
30th August 2009, 11:50 PM
Whos your favorite character?
probably Roran. hes just awesome with that nice hammer of his. too bad he probably wont be a rider though. and i bet aria wont be either its too obvious. but she would make a good rider i bet

Mrs. Lovett
31st August 2009, 12:08 AM
No, when I said Eragon might spare his life, I meant Galbatorix. There is a .1 % chance of that happening.
Oooh. Well, there's definitely a greater chance of him sparing the dragon's life rather than the king's.

This actually gives me an idea for a new topic: What if Eragon does spare Galbatorix's life? What would make him do so? What do you think Eragon would do next? Would he make him right his wrongs, if that's even possible?

And that really sucks about the Brisingr-failing-to-get. No, this has never happened to me while buying any books.

And I can't see Roran becoming a Dragon Rider. He can't use magic.
True, when Eragon asked him to train with the pebble, nothing happened to Roran. But in the fourth book Roran might get a sudden outburst of magic, though it's unlikely.

Shadow XD001
31st August 2009, 2:29 PM
I could imagine Roran becoming a Rider in the Fourth Book. Judging by what you said, he couldn't use Magic in the Third Book. Eragon couldn't use magic in the First Book. That was before he found Saphira's egg and when he touched he got the gedwey ignasia. (you know, that mark on a Rider's hand, signifying the Dragon in there wants that person to be their Rider)

So, if Roran touched the egg he might get the gedwey ignasia! There's not a good chance of that, but you never know.

What if Eragon does spare Galbatorix's life? What would make him do so? What do you think Eragon would do next? Would he make him right his wrongs, if that's even possible?
It's possible. He could take away his magic powers (if possible) and throw him in prison until he learns his lesson.

Gren Draco
31st August 2009, 7:47 PM
Hey, can i join? I've been following the series since about 2 months before the release of Eldest.
I wanted a new book to read, and i've always loved dragons. So naturally, the cover caught my attention, and i've loved them since then.

i can't really remember any, but the one the Elves weave to bring Du Weldenvarden to life is probably my favourite. What can be better than giving nature a helping hand?

The Ra'zac, they just sound really cool and interesting. And i felt sorry for them being the last members of their race, the riders where wrong to drive them to extinction, yes they killed humans but humans kill rabbits. Does that mean the Riders should kill them? The Ra'zac where just doing what nature intended.

i try not to theorise too much about the last book, as i don't want to possibly spoil anything for myself.
I'm too busy crying over the death of Gladrae (Typo), his death was horrible. Especially when he was trapped in that jewel for the rest of eternity, it's horrible :(

Mrs. Lovett
1st September 2009, 1:09 AM
Gren Draco, welcome to the club! Although...

I'm too busy crying over the death of Gladrae (Typo), his death was horrible. Especially when he was trapped in that jewel for the rest of eternity, it's horrible
But I completely agree, that part made me feel sad too :(
But on the bright side, Eragon will still be able to refer to Glaedr for wisdom through the Eldunari.

Gren Draco
1st September 2009, 1:34 AM
Gren Draco, welcome to the club! Although...

But I completely agree, that part made me feel sad too :(
But on the bright side, Eragon will still be able to refer to Glaedr for wisdom through the Eldunari.

Yeah but that's not nessecerily a good thing, as it will constantly remind me that Glaedr isn't really alive anymore.
and i hope Eragon does the right thing when he's killed Galby, i hope he sets Glaedr free.
I am of course presuming he kills Galby, though it might not be true. That's what's so great about these books, they're so unpredictable.

Mrs. Lovett
1st September 2009, 1:42 AM
Yeah but that's not nessecerily a good thing, as it will constantly remind me that Glaedr isn't really alive anymore.
and i hope Eragon does the right thing when he's killed Galby, i hope he sets Glaedr free.
I am of course presuming he kills Galby, though it might not be true. That's what's so great about these books, they're so unpredictable.
If Eragon sets Glaedr free, then he won't be able to educate the new Rider. Or maybe Eragon will just have to educate the new Rider on his own. And yes, these books are really unpredictable! I wasn't expecting Oromis and Glaedr to die at all :( When Oromis said "When we next meet, let it be before the gates of Urū'baen', I got all hopeful and stuff that Oromis would be able to assist the Varden in battle...

For those of you who bought Brisingr, did any of you get the Brisingr Extras CD? It has a conversation with Christopher Paolini in it. It's just so weird listening to them pronounce the names of the characters when I have totally different ways of saying them. Saphira is supposed to be pronounced 'Suh-fear-uh' but I pronounce her name 'Suh-f-eye-ruh'. Arya is supposed to be pronounced 'Ah-ree-uh', but I say it 'Ar-eye-uh'. :P

Edge Master
1st September 2009, 1:46 PM
i got those extra CDs out of the library. im glad that i pronounced everything how they did so it wasnt too confusing
man its so tempting to look at those spoilers. at least im almost done with Brisingr

Shadow XD001
1st September 2009, 4:13 PM
I used to say Arya 'Ar-ya' but then I saw the pronunciation guide at the back of books and now I say it correctly. (mostly) I think the words in the Ancients Language should have a pronunciation, where Christopher Paolini writes how to say them.

Mrs. Lovett how did you get the ^ above Uru baen?

Phendrona
1st September 2009, 10:30 PM
I don't have that CD but I always pronounced things right. There are pronunciations at the back of the book though.

Mrs. Lovett
1st September 2009, 11:07 PM
It interesting how other people say the names :P I think that it's right to have a pronunciation guide at the back of the book, but I don't really go by it. When I read a word, the pronunciation usually sticks unless it's crucial that I get it right.

Mrs. Lovett how did you get the ^ above Uru baen?
Actually, I copy/pasted it from Google :P I think that Urû'baen is better than just typing plain ol' Urubaen. But I'm fine either way.

Phendrona
3rd September 2009, 1:06 AM
I hope that we learn Eragon's true name. I think that's what the Raza'ac were talking about at the beginning of Brisingr when they were saying "he has almost found the name" or something along those lines.

Mrs. Lovett
3rd September 2009, 1:26 AM
Update! I finally finished on those club buttons I was talking about earlier. Put them in your sig if you want to link to the club:

If you don't like these, you can always make your own. The codes are on the first page if you would like to use one of these.

Phendrona
3rd September 2009, 2:33 AM
wow, their amazing! Great work. I'll try to fit it in my sig somehow.

Mrs. Lovett
4th September 2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks, Phendrona! Oh, and I almost forgot, I wanted to reply to your previous post:

I hope that we learn Eragon's true name. I think that's what the Raza'ac were talking about at the beginning of Brisingr when they were saying "he has almost found the name" or something along those lines.
In one of the books, I forgot which, Oromis mentions that the Ancient Language, which was established by the Grey Folk many years ago, has its own true name. And if Galbatorix finds that name, he would become powerful beyond imagination. I wonder if that's what the Ra'zac meant... If it is, then Eragon better hustle. If King G. finds that true name, then he'll be unstoppable!

I dunno, something about this theory makes me think. The name being Eragon's true name is a bit obvious.

Edge Master
4th September 2009, 2:40 AM
wow i like the buttons theyre really cool
i was surprised how gladier gave eragon his heart of hearts. i imagine it as a diamond shaped gold gem think and like the whole concept. and i like eragons new sword its a nice color and i like how it turns into fire. i think its awesome how oromis and gladier are going to go and help the other elves in their up coming seige on giliad i think it was anyway i love brisingr so far!

Mrs. Lovett
5th September 2009, 12:05 AM
^^ I'm glad you like the book! The ending is fabulous, btw.

New club activity! Take the quiz here (http://www.alagaesia.com/characters/index.html) and see which Eragon character you are most like. Then, post your results here. I got Brom :P

Shadow XD001
5th September 2009, 2:39 PM
I took the quiz! It said I was most likely Arya. So yeah. I really can't wait to start reading Brisngr.

For all of you who have read it, can you rate? Like was it a five or something? The highest being ten.

Phendrona
6th September 2009, 2:44 AM
^^ I'm glad you like the book! The ending is fabulous, btw.

New club activity! Take the quiz here (http://www.alagaesia.com/characters/index.html) and see which Eragon character you are most like. Then, post your results here. I got Brom :P

Meh, I thought Eldest was better, but each to their own...

*takes quiz*

I got Eragon :p.

Mrs. Lovett
6th September 2009, 4:27 PM
Interesting results, guys. I took the quiz a thousand times, just to see all the results possible. I got Saphira a lot too... Has anyone taken the trivia quiz yet? I think I mention that in the first post as well. Anyways, I took it and I got 2 wrong :P

Shadow XD001
6th September 2009, 5:56 PM
Muh. Took the quiz and got THREE wrong. The one about where King G rules, who Solembum communicates excluding Eragon, and one other, which I forgot. Since I finished Eldest, and the quiz really only has spoilers for Books One and Two (although pretty obvious stuff) it was still okay.

Edge Master
8th September 2009, 12:37 AM
finally i am finished with brisingr! i liked it. but the end was sad whenoromis died i was shocked
on the quiz i got all correct :) i didnt think i would but i did.

Mrs. Lovett
8th September 2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I was sad about that part too, Edge Master :(
At least Glaedr will live on as an Eldunari, right? I'm glad that Eragon will still be able to seek his master's advice in the fourth book. Maybe Glaedr will still be able teach Eragon from his heart of hearts...

Тhis place looks like it could use a.... NEW TOPIC!
>:0

What do you think Solembum meant when he said that Eragon will leave Alagaesia forever? (This was back in Eragon, btw.) Where do you think he will go?

Edge Master
11th September 2009, 10:20 PM
What do you think Solembum meant when he said that Eragon will leave Alagaesia forever? (This was back in Eragon, btw.) Where do you think he will go?
well im not sure but could be he'll live in Surda. i dont think that cause its kinda obvious.but maybe hes talking about eragons death cause if he dies then he wouldnt be in alagaesia. other than that i got no idea.