PDA

View Full Version : Older players, new member

Mr. Ocasio
1st September 2009, 7:28 PM
yes I am new and I am an adult Pokemon player.:025n172:
Yes there are many out there. My purpose for being here is if there are any here at Serebi.net and make friends with them, thus exchange codes and such.

This is how it started:
I became a player back in 1998, at the time I worked at a hospital, when I was given the graveyard shift (11:00pm till 7:30AM) to work twice a month, nothing kept me awake, not even coffee.
Pokemon Yellow came out in those days and I reserved a GBC bundle I saw in a TV commercial at my local Toys R US.
I started playing Pokemon Yellow around 2:30AM when no patients came and I had all my work done. It kept my attention and alertness better than any cup of coffee, and I was still awake in the morning.
Since then it all has snowballed from there: video games,once I thought were a waste of time, have become my hobby. I own several gaming systems and games including imports. But Pokemon was what got me into it and I'm quite fond of the game. I even own a small collection of Pokemon mini plushies;munchlax;;174; and have watched the anime show in its dreadful English version over the years.

I was given a Wii this year as a present from other adult gamer friends, but sadly they're not into Pokemon, so I cannot play PBR with any of them... :(
I'm not really a hardcore know it all gamer, I take this just as a my hobby, so so easy on me. Oh and I'm old, how old? Old enough to be the father of many members here.

RayRay
1st September 2009, 7:53 PM
Hey, Welcome to the forums! You'll find many adult players here, me being one of them! (21)

Hope you enjoy your time here, and be sure to read the rules ;)

klubkj
1st September 2009, 7:58 PM
yeah the mods are mostly adults.

zandgaia
1st September 2009, 8:38 PM
yeah the mods are mostly adults.

*Cough*withnolive*cough*

Nah, mostly they're friendly. Except for one (as far as I know) <_<

Yeah. New members always welcome I guess, adults are ok. Be being not one of them (13)

If you have a question. Click my name (zandgaia) and there you can leave a message with your question.

SolarPowerX
1st September 2009, 9:04 PM
Games are meant to be fun for all, I think it's great we have adult players these days. Welcome

mattj
1st September 2009, 11:12 PM
I'm 24 and love pokemon too. Nice to meet you.

Mr. Ocasio
2nd September 2009, 4:27 PM
Thanks everyone. What else I can say about myself gamewise?

My other games include Animal Crossing WildWorld and CityFolk and also enjoy the Harvest Moon series, just bought an used Tree Of Tranquility last week.
The irony is that I bought my DS Lite to play Pokemon Diamond, but it was a few months before I came out so I bought it with ACWW, and now I'm like addicted to it. I've played it every day since then!!!! To my surprise many adults including other men like me enjoy it in both the DS and Wii versions.
Anyways, I cannot wait till Pokemon Heart Of Gold and SilverSoul arrive next year! I'm still debating which I should get? Because I have to be realistic and unlike previous games I am only going to buy one (financial reasons, don't ask... :() Any suggestions please? Thanks. ;)

~Silver Aura~
3rd September 2009, 4:55 PM
Hi welcome to Serebii. I'm an adult player too. (23. 24 in october) I started playing at around 12 or 13 and still love it. I'm getting Heart Gold BTW.

Mr. Ocasio
1st November 2009, 2:24 PM
I'd like to get in touch with any older players from this site. Especially if they're 25 years or older. Thanks.

Mr. Ocasio
1st November 2009, 2:25 PM
I'd like to get in touch with any older players from this site. Especially if they're 25 years or older. Thanks.

Skull-Kid
1st November 2009, 3:23 PM
Welcome to the fourms!

Please read the rules and if you have any questions just VM/PM me or a member of staff. We'd be happy to help :)

I'll add you as a friend :) Hopefully the first of many :)

Dan The Poke Man
1st November 2009, 3:42 PM
I'm 11 and i know im going to play it until i die which i hope never happens yeah even adults can play pokemon i know this one dude who has a teacher who likes pokemon... chuckle well yeah have fun and ill add you as a friend if you like :) :D :)

kuriboh361
1st November 2009, 4:19 PM
Welcome to the forums, guy who's almost a decade older than me. I'm twelve and... I'm currently not that adult friend you've been searching for although I do know some people who meets your criteria. I'll post them here later perhaps.