PDA

View Full Version : PMD2: hidden items in walls

goldgolem
2nd September 2009, 2:42 AM
NOTE: I WILL BE UPDATING THIS POST FROM TIME TO TIME TO INFORM ON WHAT ITEMS ARE HIDDEN IN WHAT DUNGEON.
dungeon currently being searched for hidden items: Crevice Cave and a couple of forests(i was suddenly curious about what was in it so be back soon with my results)

has anyone else besides me come across hidden items in walls?
i believe the ability Absolute Mover and i think Rock Smash can uncover these hidden items.
NOTICE: apparently,ghost pokemon can collect the hidden items by going through the walls but the cost might be expensive due to the lost of 5 belly for each wall you go through(going through corners doesn't count).

the items i found in the walls were green gummis,Lost Loot,stat-boosters and money.i used Palkia to find these items btw.

most likely its possible to find the items is when you rush by walls or through corridors and come to a certain stop and if that happens then on a wall on either side in front of you has the hidden item.can confuse you if your pokemon passes by water/lava/abyssal spaces when rushing.

so i'm wondering if anyone else found hidden items besides me.

the early dungeons or weak dungeons do not contain items inside their walls as far as i seen so far.

i have gone through Mystery Jungle and the walls contain items somewhat fairly often until the dungeon undergoes the change at floor 16 then the items appear less often.i found Sitrus Berry and Life Seed in Mystery Jungle(i comfirmed it).
the usual hidden items are found in the walls along with Joy Seed.

Giant Volcano contains the 2nd most Lost Loots while Mt. Avalanche takes the title of having most.

Spacial Rift contains no items.

Bottomless Sea contains hidden items as well, i have gotten Lost Loots,gummis,money,Joy Seed(surprisingly) and Protein(not sure if other vitamins are hidden in the dungeon).this dungeon also contains Life Seed.

Giant Volcano also has stat-boosters in it and Ginseng too along with the usual hidden items.

well i just went through the entire Dark Crater dungeon and only found money, so i can only say that no items hide inside the walls.

Marine Resort can have Friend Bow(not too sure if this item was in a wall because i used One-room Orb) along with money inside the walls.no further info.

World Abyss has vitamins,money,gummis and Lost Loot.still searching...

explorations for Lost Loot and other items are underway.there are probably other items hidden in these dungeons, but i'm just saying the items i gotten, so you can probably find them if you search.

goldgolem
2nd September 2009, 10:55 PM
well i went through a dungeon earlier(forgot which) and i obtained a few different gummis and curious to know if wonder gummi is within the walls.another item i obtained was Ginseng so rare items,money,gummis and boosters are within the walls of dungeons.

Yellow Aura
3rd September 2009, 2:44 AM
Wow, really? I've never heard of that before. I've gotta try that sometime...

AstralEon
4th September 2009, 11:04 AM
Yep, it's true.

I found some hidden treasure inside the walls too. They are located at the very end of a wall; outer perimeter of a floor room.

It's rare to find them, and only can be found in certain stages.

I first found out about this when I used a 'One-Room Orb', and right at the very corner of the whole floor was an item. Don't remember what it was, haven't played MD2 in months. (waits for MD Sky to be released)

'X-Ray Specs' cannot pick up the location of the hidden item(I think). And not so sure about the 'Trawl Orb' either.

Rakurai
4th September 2009, 12:00 PM
While the X-Ray Specs won't tell you where hidden items are, they can be used along with the Acute Sniffer IQ ability to determine how many hidden items are on the floor.

Useful for deciding whether or not it's worth using a One-Room Orb.

(s.i.e)
4th September 2009, 12:40 PM
i didn't knew that, funny i'll try it out once i get my game back.

Brumrha
4th September 2009, 2:17 PM
The people of ChunSoft have had the idea of having buried items in certain dungeons ever since they've made the first PMD. Nowadays, it was a cinch to get my hands on the buried items, as by then, everyone can learn the same IQ skills.

Ever since they went along with having separate IQ groups, these items have become much harder to acquire, & even so, the only thing that I've found inside the walls is gold; I've found oodles of goodies in the walls back then in Blue Rescue Team...

sweet_piplup123
4th September 2009, 2:29 PM
Wow, you can do that? Well I never had Absolute Mover so I guess that's why I never have this experience ):

Illusione-Tempus
4th September 2009, 2:37 PM
Wow! I am surprised! :o *starts feeding Palkia lots of Blue and Royal Gummis until it learned Absolute Mover IQ*

This will take some time... *feeds him with all the gummis she had*

Brumrha
4th September 2009, 6:48 PM
Wow, you can do that? Well I never had Absolute Mover so I guess that's why I never have this experience ):

Yeah, you can. Didn't you have the first PMD? In it, everyone could learn the little slice of heaven called Supermobile, once their IQ has been maxed.

Even so, there "are" other ways. One of which is to have a leader that's ethereal (can go through walls.) It's pretty much unfeasible, however, especially if there's water every-damn-where. That's because the cost to go through walls is sky high. Ditto for the Mobile Scarf. The second way is through the use of Rock Smash, but that, too, is unfeasible in all ways except if your looking for stuff around the dungeon hallways. That's the way since that 99 PP that it has can run out faster than you think. The last way, & the one that's most straightforward, is the use of a One-Room Orb, but god knows where you can find them...

goldgolem
4th September 2009, 10:15 PM
i have found a dungeon that a person can obtain a lot of profit from if they can discover what's in the walls.

the dungeon is Mt. Avalanche.

i have gone up to 40k pokedollars by searching through the floors of Mt. Avalanche.

thats mostly from lost loots and bands/scarfs.

goldgolem
5th September 2009, 2:13 AM
note for everyone:

i have gone through Sky Stairway a few times and never found any items hidden in the walls, so if don't check unless you want to see for yourself or check anyways.

also some low level dungeons do not contain items in the walls and i'm not sure what else may or may not contain hidden items.

Illusione-Tempus
5th September 2009, 2:33 AM
Yeah, you can. Didn't you have the first PMD? In it, everyone could learn the little slice of heaven called Supermobile, once their IQ has been maxed.

Yeah, but one thing's for sure: raising their IQ is is just sooo annoying. even my Blastoise at PMD1 despite feeding him lots of Gummis his IQ's still hasn't got to Max. Well, now nearly but Gummis are hard to find

Rock Smash theory works but where might the HM be? Going through Final Maze over and over again just to find it isn't fun =/

And the All-Room Orb, you said it. (Unless people use the wondermail generator just to get one -_-)

goldgolem
5th September 2009, 2:37 AM
hard to find One-room orb but i found it a couple times but not sure where.

also sitrus berries and life seeds lurk in walls too but i forgot where i found them, sorry.

Delcatty
5th September 2009, 3:09 AM
I found some hidden treasure inside the walls too. They are located at the very end of a wall; outer perimeter of a floor room.
Actually, it's not just the perimeter. In fact, there's a MUCH easier way of finding them with Palkia, provided you don't have an empty belly. Weather conditions and poison/burn also make it annoying, but it's still possible. The method is to:

...rush by walls or through corridors and come to a certain stop and if that happens then on a wall on either side in front of you has the hidden item...
It's a LOT easier.

'X-Ray Specs' cannot pick up the location of the hidden item(I think). And not so sure about the 'Trawl Orb' either.
Correct; X-Ray specs and Trawl Orb do nothing for buried items.

...the only thing that I've found inside the walls is gold; I've found oodles of goodies in the walls back then in Blue Rescue Team...
Gold seems to be the most common, but I've found a lot of gummis and vitamins too.
Speaking of which: I'm doing a World Abyss B23F rescue, and I just found a buried Life Seed on 2F! :D

One of which is to have a leader that's ethereal (can go through walls.)
That's because the cost to go through walls is sky high.
I have a theory, though I don't have the necessary recruits/item to try it.
Could someone please test whether or not having a ghost leader and wearing a tight belt will work? I'd do it, but I don't have a tight belt OR a ghost. lol

While the X-Ray Specs won't tell you where hidden items are, they can be used along with the Acute Sniffer IQ ability to determine how many hidden items are on the floor.
You can also use a Scanner Orb in place of the X-Ray Specs, but it's a lot more annoying. :P
(I *think* Luminous Orb might work? Not sure, though, since I don't bother with most orbs -- with the exception of Escape Orbs and One-Room Orbs. Monster Houses ftw!)

i have found a dungeon that a person can obtain a lot of profit from if they can discover what's in the walls.
the dungeon is Mt. Avalanche.
Three words (in terms of profit): Zero. Isle. North.
It's annoying at first, but with the right pokemon it's easy. ;)
For ZI Northn runs I always use Palkia (level 100) without partners, although I could definitely benefit from Acute Sniffer...).
Items: Goggle Specs, since it's REALLY annoying to have a bag full of vitamins turn grimy because you stepped on a few grimy traps. It's also nice to have the Air Blade (multiplies damage by 1.5), but not required.
IQ Skills: Map Surveyor & Absolute Mover (Stair Sensor is nice too, and you should have it by the time you get Absolute Mover)
Moveset: Thunderbolt + Spacial Rend (link) and Bulk Up + Wide Slash (link)
Comments: I really wish that Palkia got Swords Dance to use with Wide Slash, but Bulk Up is a good alternative.
Spacial Rend is great for Monster Houses and usually takes stuff out in one hit (or at least, once you're beefed up with vitamins & ginsengs), but Tbolt is good for insurance. Make sure that Tbolt is first, since otherwise anything with Volt Absorb that survives will be healed.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WARY FIGHTER TURNED OFF! (That's my advice for EVERY pokemon that gets it -- especially when you have multi-hit moves like Fury Swipes) It's a pain in the rear when you're about to pwn a monster house, then accidentally back out of it.

goldgolem
5th September 2009, 4:32 AM
true on the zero isle north but i always use the stuff i get lol so i can hardly make profit there and also buried items in zero isle north are hard to find, i didnt find much when i went through the dungeon

also tight belt clearly says on its description, "If the holder travels though a wall or if it uses a move with a link, its belly will still go down."

as for the luminous orb, it only detects pokemon and stair locations along with the entire room layout.

Delcatty
5th September 2009, 4:59 AM
Mkay, nevermind on both counts. Like I said, I don't have a tight belt (I sold mine.) and I don't use luminous orbs.
Thank you for clarifying. I wish the tight belt thing would have worked, though. ._.;
EDIT: I feel really dumb. Earlier, I was gonna mention that the only way to get Lost Loot is in walls. Lost loot is basically a Gold Ribbon, except that it's worth 4,000.

(Please excuse typos/etc. I try to catch them all, but I'm posting this from my iPod, so....

goldgolem
5th September 2009, 5:10 AM
it's all good.

i believe Mt. Avalanche has the most Lost Loots than any other dungeon though and i think tight belt worked on ghost pokemon going through walls in PMD1 though.

calze6
6th September 2009, 2:38 AM
I got a grey gummi with darkrai.

goldgolem
6th September 2009, 3:48 AM
you found a gray gummi within the walls with darkrai?

Purplepassion
1st October 2009, 5:40 PM
Hmm.... I've never gotten Absolute Mover in PMD2, but I did in PMD1... Thanks for the tip!

suicune lover
7th October 2009, 12:08 PM
In PMD1 all I got was money, so I didn't bother to search in PMD2. I guess I might start now :>

Blazing Avenger
23rd December 2010, 10:40 AM
hard to find One-room orb but i found it a couple times but not sure where.

also sitrus berries and life seeds lurk in walls too but i forgot where i found them, sorry.
I'm pretty sure you can find One Room Orbs in one of the Zero Isles.

EzzPeon
23rd December 2010, 2:43 PM
Lol =) It was so funny when my Espeon back in blue rescue team (still have that file) got the super mobile (or whatever its called?) iq skill and it smashed all the walls ;) if i'm not mistaking i found several banana's.