PDA

View Full Version : Hey! You there!

Lone Cactus
16th September 2009, 3:50 AM
Hehe. That was a good one!

Okay, I'll get real now XP. So, I am new here at Serebii forums... Lone Cactus, really happy to be here actually! Since Lone Cactus is probably kind of annoying to type out and say, if you want to call me something like LC (no, not from The Hills), or the Cactus, or that kid with the Croconaw-biting-Turtwig avatar (isn't that great? I thought it was so funny!), then that's okay too. I really don't mind any names, hehe. Oh, though, I am not a loner... at all... I enjoy the company of other people very much. The name Lone Cactus comes from the name of a character that I draw... a lonely cactus, that I love and cherish very much. Perhaps I will post a picture of him later.

ANYWAY. So a bit about me... I assume I am supposed to do that? My Pokemon background first... I have been playing Pokemon since I was something like 6 years old. I can actually remember it now, for my birthday I got a GameBoy Color and Gold and Silver versions. I was so happy. To this date they remain my favorite games, and I am quickly developing into an obsessive HGSS fanatic as well. Oh, and I did go back and play Red/Blue/Yellow... I just started with Gold/Silver. Weird, huh? Anyway, since a young age I have been completely obsessed with Pokemon. I have a copy of every game (some more played than others... hehehe) and I look forward to every new game. Actually, that's how I decided to join these forums, because I've been going to Serebii.net every day for the past, oh, I don't know, year and I finally got up the guts to join. And I can't wait! Because I am very opinionated about Pokemon and love talking about it, which I can't do with my other Pokemon friends because they are really just casual players.

Let's see... I just finished Platinum (I know, finally right?) and am in the process of completing the National Dex and obtaining a legitimate Mew via Pokemon Ranch. Yeah, I am a completist... I've never been able to do it but I've always wanted to. I just love collecting Pokemon, especially rare or shiny ones. But I have this thing where I only acquire legitimate legendaries... so I go to great lengths to get those (for example, depositing 999 Pokemon onto MPR to get Mew... who the heck wants to do that, Nintendo? NOBODY! That's who!), and go to events and stuff. I tried tweaking once, but it ravaged my Diamond and I swore off it... too much of a hassle (I was probably also bad at it). I love competitive play as well, and I frequently make and study teams although I usually never get around to raising any of them. I prefer catching and raising Pokemon casually... yes, I am lame like that. The Pokemon that helped me beat the Elite Four the first time are always quite dear to my heart. I also love the music of the Pokemon games, a lot.

In addition to Pokemon, I also draw a lot. Mostly anime/manga stuff but probably a little different style-wise than people are used to seeing because I am not very good. When I'm not drawing, I might be running (XC and Track, but I like short distance better... SPRINTERS REPRESENT), writing (a career I hope to have one day... trying to write a novel for NaNoWriMo this year, brownie points to those who know what that is!), watching TV (my favorite show is Warehouse 13 on SciFi, which I am watching NOW... my uncle is the show's director and also it's great, you should all watch it Tuesdays at 9! [/shamelessplugging]), studying (not really a hobby but it tends to happen a lot), or eating (we all do it, but I love eating. However I am not fat, I promise, the running and eating kind of counteract each other). Oh and I'm 16-going-on-17-in-November, short for my age with short, brown hair, tan skin with no freckles, blue eyes and large canine teeth (they're pretty though). And I am male. Why was that the last thing?

So that's my life story... wow, really sorry about that! In case you are wondering, the answer is YES! I talk a lot in real life too. If you can't be bothered to read any of that I cannot blame you one bit, I probably wouldn't either, so I'll sum it up in one final sentence:

Hi, my name is Lone Cactus, call me whatever you want, I love Pokemon, as well as other things, I am a boy, and I'm quite excited to be here.

-LC

Skull-Kid
16th September 2009, 5:56 PM
Welcome!

Wow. You posted a LOT of stuff but I read it all so it's OK, I didn't skim through it :) Thank goodness you aren't actually a loner. That would have been sad :( Also good to see yet another veteran! We're getting a lot of those lately but still the more the merrier. I'm obseesive when it comes to pokemon to and yes it's really hard to catch them all. The Elite Four were'nt that hard in this game but Cynthia was a real pain in the neck.

Good to see a someone who draws. It's nice to have a hooby :) I for one am a forum greeter XD There's a section on anime/manga that you should check out. If you have any other questions just ask ok? :)

I'll add you as a friend :) You won't be lonely any more :) Also put cacturne as your avatar for fun :D

~Silver Aura~
16th September 2009, 9:52 PM
Hi welcome to Serebii. I love pokemon too. (Duh! why would I be here if I didn't lol) Yeah completing the Nat pokedex is a pain in the sandwich. (Don't ask lol) I really just play pokemon as a hobby but I try to battle competivly too. EV training is a pain though. I'll shut up now lol need anything just ask.

Lone Cactus
17th September 2009, 2:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

@Skull Kid: WOW, you read the whole thing?? Mad props, dude. Haha, yeah I realize it was like wading through a swamp or something. Glad to hear that there are tons of vets here... hope that's not too trite or anything. Not to be egomaniacal but I'm pretty legit though... I know a lot about Pokemon, especially dumb trivia. Sometimes it pays being lame. Hehehe. Oh and THANKS FOR THE FRIENDAGE!! You are so awesome to do that. I'm not like, lonely though or anything... I have friends in real life... I swear! Haha just kidding. And yeah, I looked for a Cacnea/Cacturne avatar, but I couldn't really find a good one and I don't like their 4th gen sprites, so I chose this one cause I thought it was funny.

@Pikagirl: Thank you! You're right, it IS a pain in the sandwich... can I tell you how happy I was when I read that? Very! And yeah... I'm kind of a wannabe competitive battler, I pretend to like know everything and give advice but I'm too lazy to EV train (that's tough too! So annoying). Anyway, thanks for the welcome... I was afraid nobody would respond! =D

Skull-Kid
17th September 2009, 8:13 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

@Skull Kid: WOW, you read the whole thing?? Mad props, dude. Haha, yeah I realize it was like wading through a swamp or something. Glad to hear that there are tons of vets here... hope that's not too trite or anything. Not to be egomaniacal but I'm pretty legit though... I know a lot about Pokemon, especially dumb trivia. Sometimes it pays being lame. Hehehe. Oh and THANKS FOR THE FRIENDAGE!! You are so awesome to do that. I'm not like, lonely though or anything... I have friends in real life... I swear! Haha just kidding. And yeah, I looked for a Cacnea/Cacturne avatar, but I couldn't really find a good one and I don't like their 4th gen sprites, so I chose this one cause I thought it was funny.

Yeah,the wholoe thing. Thanks for the props :) It wasn't that bad to be honest, I've read longer. I know a lot about pokemon to as does probably everone on this site. Here's a trivia question for you.

"How do you get a Farfetch'D in R/B?(Red/BLUE)"

I'll give you a cookie if you can answer ;) Good to see you have friends in real life to(obviously). Shame. Wouldn't have been funny with the cacturne thing :)