View Full Version : Registeel Move Help

19th September 2009, 4:10 AM
I'm thinking of replacing my Dusclops (wall) with a Registeel, and I'm scratching my head over a moveset, since he doesn't learn Iron Head here.

My Registeel on shoddy battle is a beast, I definately would want him to be my last pokemon alive, cause he can usually win the game for me 80% of the time. So I'll model this Regi after my shoddy regi which is:

252 HP | 252 SpD | 6 def
Impish (+Def -SpA)

(which leaves his stats at 364 HP |370 DEF | 399 spD assuming he has perfect ivs)

Sleep Talk

Earthquake hits many things but, what do I do with the many levitate/flying pokemon in the Battle Frontier. :/ Brick Break/Body Slam hits alot too, but he's helpless against ghosts; his team mate Latios is weak to ghost. Metal Claw sucks, but how strong will it be with his stab?

Or I could model him almost exactly after my Dusclops and make him have

Double Team
Seismic Toss

19th September 2009, 10:53 AM
Here's a move set for Registeel.
Registeel: Focus Slash
Zap Cannon
Hyper Beam/Thunderbolt

19th September 2009, 4:19 PM
You must waste alot of oxygen.

19th September 2009, 6:01 PM
And that means what exatly? That I'm a waste or you're being a tube. I'll go with b.

Why ask then?

19th September 2009, 11:16 PM
In most cases it is best to use a nature that boosts a stat you're investing evs to. This wins some extra stat points. Choose either curse or sleep talk or you'll have troubles with attacking. Personally I would use something like that:

1. Rest
2. Curse/Sleep talk
3. Earthquake
4. Rock slide/Toxic

Use toxic only if you have gengar covered well. I believe there are many possible variations with registeel, it learns some other useful moves you should consider, like thunderwave and seismic toss.

20th September 2009, 6:49 PM
I'll probably try out Rest/Curse/EQ/ Rock Slide, and if that doesn't work very well I'll try Sleep Talk. :3

22nd September 2009, 10:55 PM
I would drop Curse for Toxic, and put Seismic Toss or Earthquake.