PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt at deck building - be gentle :0)

Hobbes130
28th September 2009, 9:47 PM
So here is my first attempt at deck building - it has gone through a few evolutions since we first created it as we have traded/ purchased/ aquired new cards

It used to include
4 Koffing RR-68 (useful for the Offensive Gas attack whichfor 1 energy confuses & poisons)
2 Weezing RR-87 (Has the pokebody that prevents your op taking a prize card when confused)
2 Gengar GL RR-40 (again annoying because it could cause confusion for 1 energy)
2 Spiritomb C SV-84 (for 1 energy you can attack the bench with 10 each)

Pack as it stands now

My Psychic Type Deck (modified)

Pokemon
QTY NAME SET COLL.#
1 Gallade 4 RR 20
1 Mewtwo LA 11
1 Mewtwo LV.X PR DP28
2 Giratina PL 27
1 Giratina PL 28
1 Giratina LV.X PR DP38
4 Ralts PL 89
1 Kirlia PL 51
3 Kirlia SW 53
4 Gardevoir PL 8
3 Misdreavus PL 83
2 Mismagius PL 55
1 Mismagius SF 7

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
QTY NAME
1 Moonlight Stadium
3 Bebe's Search
2 Roseanne's Research
3 Underground Expedition
1 Luxury Ball
1 Quick Ball
4 Energy Search
2 Volkner's Philosophy
2 Felicity's Drawing

Energy
QTY NAME BASIC SPECIAL
16 Psychic Energy √

This pack has won a few times and seems pretty strong however it is slow to set up and it fails when I can not get enough energy in my hand, would welcome advise on better trainer/ supporter cards. I want to sort it out for Autum Roads - willing to source other cards if I don't have your suggestions so please feel free to suggest whatever you think. As a beginner I welcome all advice but please be gentle :0)

Poke_Mania97
29th September 2009, 6:13 PM
Very Nice Deck for a begginer! I would give u a gold, no PLATINUM Medal for making such a good Deck for the first time! I personly dont like Psycic Pokemon(apart form Mewtwo)! My first deck was called Inferno Chalenge when it came out! My star Pokemon was Base Set Charizard! It is in my current Deck called Scorching Fighter!

Excitable Boy
29th September 2009, 9:36 PM
Cut some lines, bolster the ones you keep, add Uxies, and get some better Trainers.

Lucario_X_Froslass
30th September 2009, 12:38 AM
@a person: Well, he's not competitive. Not everyone has to be... It's somewut expensive to be... XP

Pretty nice, actually, for a first attempt. Mewtwo Lv.X is a must, 'cuz it autowins the unprepared SP deck, which...none probably will be. It's still very nice, granting you tons of prizes /vs/ them. As your deck is a bit slow, ditch the Gardevoir, and it might help. It won't make it competitive-good, but it helps for low-leveled gameplay. For the trainers, take out the Energy Search, as you only run one type, and get 4 Pokedex, and 12 trainers that draw cards or go through your deck quickly. And your deck will be a bit better without dishing out vast amounts of cash.

~L_X_F

Poke_Mania97
30th September 2009, 6:45 PM
@a person: Well, he's not competitive. Not everyone has to be... It's somewut expensive to be... XP

Pretty nice, actually, for a first attempt. Mewtwo Lv.X is a must, 'cuz it autowins the unprepared SP deck, which...none probably will be. It's still very nice, granting you tons of prizes /vs/ them. As your deck is a bit slow, ditch the Gardevoir, and it might help. It won't make it competitive-good, but it helps for low-leveled gameplay. For the trainers, take out the Energy Search, as you only run one type, and get 4 Pokedex, and 12 trainers that draw cards or go through your deck quickly. And your deck will be a bit better without dishing out vast amounts of cash.

~L_X_F

Very True! Exactly the reasons why I HAVE ONE!!!!

Lucario_X_Froslass
30th September 2009, 8:41 PM
XD Mewtwo Lv.X is a TIN PROMO... It's easy to get. /me has a few, actually.

~L_X_F

Poke_Mania97
1st October 2009, 7:14 PM
XD Mewtwo Lv.X is a TIN PROMO... It's easy to get. /me has a few, actually.

~L_X_F

!yep waseome Card from a tin! Once i was about to play it on my second turn of a match! But then hte school bell went:(

Shadow Eeveelution
4th October 2009, 3:35 AM
But not all tin promo are easy to get..since Mewtwo X is release along time ago..I'm pretty sure its really hard to get by now

Poke_Mania97
23rd October 2009, 2:00 PM
But not all tin promo are easy to get..since Mewtwo X is release along time ago..I'm pretty sure its really hard to get by now

YER SOMETIMES, NOT IN MY TOY STORE! The have the LA tins, SF Tins, Plat Tins and SV Tins. they also have all those in theme decks as well

Excitable Boy
23rd October 2009, 9:56 PM
Does it really matter?

Poke_Mania97
25th October 2009, 6:09 PM
YES it does

Shadow Eeveelution
29th October 2009, 7:22 PM
YER SOMETIMES, NOT IN MY TOY STORE! The have the LA tins, SF Tins, Plat Tins and SV Tins. they also have all those in theme decks as well

I'm just saying like in my country...only 1 store left selling the Tin Lvl X..and i'm pretty sure the mewtwo is long gone due to high demand..

Try to be nice to others to would you

Poke_Mania97
29th October 2009, 8:38 PM
im just kidding around! and he gets on my nerves anyway

defg408
11th November 2009, 7:17 AM
cheap nike shoes (http://www.ashoess.com)nike shox shoes (http://www.ashoess.com)Nike Air Max LTD (http://www.ashoess.com/nike-air-max-ltd-men-shoes-c-1.html)nike Shox R4 (http://www.ashoess.com/nike-shox-r4-men-running-shoes-c-8.html)nike shox nz (http://www.ashoess.com)

Teleri(Squirtle)
13th November 2009, 9:43 PM
This Deck looks really good.
the only advice I can think of is

2 Giratina PL 27
1 Giratina PL 28
1 Giratina LV.X PR DP38
4 Ralts PL 89
1 Kirlia PL 51
3 Kirlia SW 53
4 Gardevoir PL 8
3 Misdreavus PL 83
2 Mismagius PL 55
1 Mismagius SF 7

is a lot of the same pokemon.
if you changed the amounts then added more energy trainers that help bring the pokemon to your hand... that might help...
lol but i think it's a really good deck.

Teleri;007;