PDA

View Full Version : A New Beginning For Everything--Team Galactic Fan Club

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th October 2009, 7:05 AM
Welcome to the NEW Team Galactic fan club! Wherein, as the name suggests, we discuss everyone's favorite bowlcutted psychotic spacemen.

Topics are wide open. The only real rule is that conversations must be related to Team Galactic in some capacity. Within that, there's room for lulz, serious discussion, fanfics, fanart, cosplay, shipping, and so on--perhaps even in the same posts? Perhaps.

But of course, our new universe must be made orderly, so there must be rules.

-No ship wars. I don't care if you ship the whole team with each other at once or figure every one of them wouldn't touch the others with a ten-foot length of Red Chain or anything in between. Be civil or be cast out.
-No asking if you can join. If you post here, you're a member unless you get the boot.
-You must have your hair dyed turquoise and cut into--oh wait, wrong set of rules.
Follow the rules and we will create a world without strife.

Anyway, to begin, some discussion questions:
-Who's your favorite Galactic and why?
-What's your favorite portrayal of Team Galactic--DPverse, Ptverse, DPAverse, Specialverse, animeverse, or anything else?

LightingKimba
4th October 2009, 10:34 PM
Yo~, Blackjack! Thanks for re-making the TG Club!

Who's your favorite Galactic and why?
Right now, I'll have to say Saturn. He's a pretty cool bishounen dude, and from most of his character's adaptations, appears to be a pretty loyal guy to his boss. In a sense, he's probably what Jeremiah was to Code Geass, extreme loyalty.

What's your favorite portrayal of Team Galactic--DPverse, Ptverse, DPAverse, Specialverse, animeverse, or anything else?
DPA! is my fave adaptation of the DP games in general, so only naturally, the TG portrayal in that series would be my fave.

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th October 2009, 10:50 PM
Ooh yes. DPA has some awesome Galactic stuff. Although I thought it was strange that Cyrus never brought up emotionlessness, given that it's one of his primary traits in the games. It also takes him five volumes to mention his motives.

And of course, the screwed up timeline with Mitsumi.

But gotta love Moobtacular Saturn in it. Figures Hareta would get it right. Assuming Saturn sounds there like how he sounds in the Japanese version of the show, it's no wonder Roark would be a moron about it (...why am I assuming Japanese voices in the English translation? I'm not entirely sure. I think the idea I have of the translator watching the Japanese episodes and getting confused has something to do with it).

starliteevee
4th October 2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks for re-making the club, Blackjack! I would've been here sooner, but I was wasting my life away on TVTropes.

Who's your favorite Galactic and why?
Saturn, definitly. In his Japanese form, he's bishi-licious, and I love his crescent-styled hair and slanty cat eyes. Heehee...

What's your favorite portrayal of Team Galactic--DPverse, Ptverse, DPAverse, Specialverse, animeverse, or anything else?
Hm, not sure on this one. Animeverse, maybe, but I really don't know. I've never played the games, never bought a manga book, and have only seen the anime. So, I guess I'll have to go with that.

LightingKimba
4th October 2009, 11:09 PM
Ooh yes. DPA has some awesome Galactic stuff. Although I thought it was strange that Cyrus never brought up emotionlessness, given that it's one of his primary traits in the games. It also takes him five volumes to mention his motives.

Sucks I'm still at vol. 4, then. Vol. 5's due out in America sometime this month, I've heard, though.

And of course, the screwed up timeline with Mitsumi.

I actually like Mitsumi as a character. Imo, she's probably the best adaptation of Dawn out there (I mean, who doesn't love a Broken Bird these days?)

But gotta love Moobtacular Saturn in it. Figures Hareta would get it right. Assuming Saturn sounds there like how he sounds in the Japanese version of the show, it's no wonder Roark would be a moron about it

I was actually confused whether Saturn WAS a dude in DPA! for a while, since Roark and a few other gym leaders kept referring to him as a "she".

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th October 2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah, it comes out on Tuesday. I just have the benefit of spoilers. I just wonder how some of this will be translated--especially the massively PoundingHeartshippy scene. Cyrus almost BREAKS in it. It's awesome.

I do like Mitsumi. But that whole bit about her being taken in as a child screws up the timeline because Cyrus would have been in his mid-teens when that happened. The most logical way to fix this would be that there was another leader before him (hey, it happened with animeverse Rocket, right?).

I think Roark is the only one who calls Saturn "she". Hareta says "he" though, but then Hareta can probably smell pheremones or something.

chosen_one386
6th October 2009, 10:49 PM
Yayness for the new club! :) Okay, I have a topic I was thinking of today...

Okay, picture a live-action movie... Which actors would play our favorite Galactic members? For Cyrus, I've always pictured either Keanu Reeves or Jeffrey Donovan. Anyone else?

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th October 2009, 7:03 AM
I have to say, ever since it was on fandomsecrets, I can't shake the feeling that Robert Pattenson looks like Cyrus. Which he really doesn't, but in Twilight he kinda does, and that's really creepy given the whole "sex symbol" thing. Also the fact that Christopher Walken looks like a way older Cyrus, too.

And this is impossible because this is a cartoon character, but I've always thought Charon bore a strong resemblance to The Brain. I firmly believe that this is why The Brain's Japanese dub actor voices Charon.

Nidoprince
7th October 2009, 4:56 PM
Normally I would ask to join, but since if I post I automaticly join, I guess I'm in! I'll get done with some topics:

I have to say...Saturn. Reason being is that he has a Toxicroak, one of my favorite Pokemon.

-What's your favorite portrayal of Team Galactic--DPverse, Ptverse, DPAverse, Specialverse, animeverse, or anything else?

DPA! Definatly. First of all, that's actually how I grew to like TG so much as my favorite bad guy team. Especially since DPA! makes the team very...hilarious. I don't like how they are portrayed in the anime. I don't really know why, I guess I didn't think of Mars being this cute, bubbly ballerina with a squeaky voice. I don't remember how I thought of her, because the anime completely changed my vision on her. I guess the others not so much. The games made TG look very cruel and black hearted. I remember going into the Velistone city TG building, and I was at the last part where you see Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit locked in these...things, with the techy music, and I thought that was cruel. The DPPt special I never read, so I can't say anything about it.

Mandi.
7th October 2009, 10:26 PM
I WANNA JOIN. MANDI WANNA JOIN! :>
and aw, damn you beat me. I SO wanted to make this club, aha. AH WELLS. I'd fail @ owning a club, so woo.

MARS. MARS. She is just perfectly adorable little evil. And I tend to love any cute characters. I mean, I love all of the Galactics. But Mars is definitely my favorite out of them. I think her personality is the easiest to get out of the other's. She's more playful, childish. People tend to see her as immature and very young. I actually think she has to be at least 18 ..I mean, she's a commander in an evil organization. And hey, I'm 19 ..I act like an immature insane freak loads of times. I actually think she's really playful, but she is definitely independent and knows what's she's doing.
And she's so cute. YES. You get why I love her.
JUPITER AND SATURN I LOVE YOU TOO. AND AKAGI. AND PLUTO. AND GRUNTS.

hm, well I never read the manga.
I'd say ..Platinum ..just because TG had such a bigger role in that game ..and Pluto was added in.
Animeverse maybe ..but I have to see their finale first, and how it all plays out. :3

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th October 2009, 10:28 PM
And speaking of the finale! Red Chain episode announced. Thoughts on that?

starliteevee
8th October 2009, 12:09 AM
Yes. Well, um, no, not really, except that I am super excited for it! It seems that they've captured the Lake Trio, and I hope that Giratina eats Cyrus woops his ---! Or, have Dialga or Palkia do it. Either would work.

And welcome Kit Kat and Nidoprince!

chosen_one386
8th October 2009, 2:27 AM
My favorite Galactic member? Definantly Cyrus. :) IDK why, he just exudes awesomeness.

My favorite Galactic portrayal? Well, since I have a semi-Galactic fic, I'm pretty biased toward the Galactic members and how they are portrayed in my fic. With Mars being Maxie's insane twin sister and Cyrus being the craziest uncle ever...

This finale better be better than the TA/TM finale...IT BETTER BE!

Blackjack Gabbiani
8th October 2009, 12:51 PM
So I read DPA5 and oh wow...

I love the spin it put on things. It made Cyrus's denial of emotions seem far more personal than anything else, because we *saw* his own emotions bring him pain rather than just assuming.

And there is something seriously wrong with him. Going to all that trouble just to make Hareta hate him, even when he's planning to undo the universe *anyway*? He can't bear to destroy it if there's something worth saving in it, that's what I think. So he had to convince himself that there wasn't even when he knew there was.

Pamizard
8th October 2009, 4:06 PM
Awesome u revived the club why did the first one get closed???

Anywho Cyrus is my favorite galatic memebr ;D

And i think i liked galatic in the Platinum game.

^_^ anywho glad this club is back and running

Rommath
8th October 2009, 4:18 PM
Good to see a remake. Hopefully I'll at least be a bit more active in this one. ^_^

Mars. Mainly because she has an interesting personality and strong loyalty to Cyrus and Team Galactic. And the hair.

At the moment, animeverse. Mainly because of the job the writers have done of portraying Cyrus and Team Galactic, the psychotic boss over a team far superior to Aqua and Magma. And the fact a simple preview already beats the entire TA/TM finale arc...

Nidoprince
8th October 2009, 5:45 PM
So I read DPA5 and oh wow...

I love the spin it put on things. It made Cyrus's denial of emotions seem far more personal than anything else, because we *saw* his own emotions bring him pain rather than just assuming.

And there is something seriously wrong with him. Going to all that trouble just to make Hareta hate him, even when he's planning to undo the universe *anyway*? He can't bear to destroy it if there's something worth saving in it, that's what I think. So he had to convince himself that there wasn't even when he knew there was.

That's great! I can't wait 'til it comes out where I am. It's supposed to come out this month, but I haven't seen it yet. Cyrus in general looks like he has some life troubles. Especially in that Sugimori image of him. I couldn't find an image, but hopefully you know what I mean. I think he's probably the most insane team boss yet.

chosen_one386
8th October 2009, 10:32 PM
Meh, I may glance over the new volume of DPA, but I won't buy it. The artwork just puts me off for some reason. I am, however, getting the new volume of Pokemon Adventures that comes out this month. :)

Nidoprince
9th October 2009, 3:48 AM
You know, I wish they sold Pokemon manga every month like comic books and some other manga are. I have to wait next year just to buy DPA 6, and same with Pokemon Adventures probably. It's gonna take forever to get to the DPPt series!

Chelc
9th October 2009, 4:56 AM
I'm sorry but this was not supposed to be approved...Shadowfaith probably had no idea (big surprise!), but Kirby is handling the state of the new Club, and she says that there cannot be a new Club yet, and I am closing this on her orders.

Ok, I can finally leave now. Bye guys.

Shadowfaith
20th October 2009, 4:08 AM
Discussed and Approved by the club mods, this thread is now re-opened.

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th October 2009, 4:24 AM
Excellent. The path to a new universe is never an easy one.

...ok first we should probably establish if anyone but me actually *likes* hearing me blather on like a Cyrus parody.

Nidoprince
20th October 2009, 4:40 PM
Yay, the club's back in business! Oh yea, I just got DPA 5. Normally I would discuss the volume, but since this is a Galactic club, I'll discuss what I thought about Galactic in the volume. To begin with, Cyrus was a freak in it. He looked like a crazed assasin in some parts. He got really obsessed about his ideas and being so close to accomplishing them. As for the commanders, they didn't get that many panels. I wish they would've made a game addaption about the double battle on Spear Pillar: Jun and Hareta vs. Mars and Jupiter. I guess it would've taken up some time for the final battle though, which I would not have liked.

Blackjack Gabbiani
21st October 2009, 2:04 AM
What I didn't like was what they did to Mt Coronet. Instead of a mountain, it looked like a slag heap with some ruins on top. Hey, maybe it was finally Earthquake!

(notice how it's never Earthquake? Someone always thinks it is, but...)

What I ADORED was that Cyrus seemed to learn from his mistake and realized that the world, bitter and warlike as it is, is better off even with all that than not existing at all. And holy crap Jupiter. Didn't know you cared so much. If I hadn't already shipped them...

Nidoprince
21st October 2009, 4:04 AM
If Hareta and Jun were kidding about the whole "Make the world dissapear thing," then Mars is such a sap, at least, that's what Mitsumi would call her that if she was still in TG (Like she did to Hareta in the first chapter). C'mon, you can't believe something right away that you don't worship and go against it. But otherwise, it was easy for them to convince the TG commanders about Cyrus.

Blackjack Gabbiani
21st October 2009, 5:12 AM
Apparently Mars saying that they were going to destroy the world and then freaking out when Cyrus says they were going to do so is a translation screwup. The guy who does the summaries for Bulbapedia says that in the original she tells Hareta basically just that Cyrus will control Dialga and that everything's for the sake of saving everyone.

Although admittedly I'm not sure if that's what you were talking about.

Nidoprince
21st October 2009, 2:56 PM
Yes, that's what I was talking about. Sorry about that, I have trouble writing down what I would say speaking into words on a computer. Of course she believed Cyrus when he admitted it, but she also believed Hareta and Jun when they said it. Mars has said before that it's for the sake of the world that they get Dialga, but at this particular time she had to believe Hareta and Jun.

Blackjack Gabbiani
21st October 2009, 4:27 PM
Well it *was* for the sake of the new world, anyway. Cyrus just kinda...I donno, I guess let them believe that "new world" was a metaphor.

What's interesting is that, as least from what we see in DPA, he doesn't lie. Just kinda omits the whole "oh yeah, you're going to die" part.

Same in DP, although then the toll isn't brought up by anyone. I always assumed that at least the four agents on the Spear Pillar would survive, if not everyone in the mountain (based on a few things. One is that there's far, FAR more female grunts per capita there than any other point in the game and I figured that was some sort of repopulation scheme, and two is that there's the talk about how Coronet is where Sinnoh began. Rather than Sinnoh, you know, forming as the mountain was pushed out of the sea by volcanic activity. They make it seem so mystical, and a grunt says he can feel the mountain's weird energy...yeah).

And then you get to Platinum where he claims he's lying and that the new world will only be for him, but he talks about others being there, especially at the end. So did he mean the POWER would only be for him (which we could really already guess)? Did he mean that he'd just be the only Galactic? Was it a front to get you to betray your anger at him so he could lecture you on your emotions?
Gyah so confusing.

Nidoprince
21st October 2009, 4:58 PM
Well, what I get from the games is that he wants to rule the world like any other villain in any other story, and needs Dialga/Palkia/Giratina for that task. I haven't played DPPt in ages, so I'm just trying to rememmber what he wanted.

DPA goes a bit deeper into that, saying he wants to be a god at first, and make the world all peaceful and using Pokemon for that task. Then he gives up afterwards when Hareta and friends stop him, and gets Palkia in to make the world dissapear.

It's all very confusing, but man, they sure did a good job on creating Cyrus himself. I remember when it started out with Giovanni, just wanting to steal Pokemon, then Archie and Maxie wanting to overthrow eachother, and finally Cyrus, with the being a god concept, which actually goes deeper than I thought.

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd October 2009, 3:36 AM
With Cyrus I think it's not so much "rule" but "control". That regimented control he has over himself to keep his own internal rage from getting out, he thinks he can impose that over everyone to keep peace. The problem (well, one of many, of course) is that his control over himself isn't nearly as absolute as he thinks it is.

Nidoprince
22nd October 2009, 4:29 AM
Yea, he's basically trying to control the world and make it better (Like how he would probably picture a god), but that whole concept isn't easy to put into action when the whole philosophy of "What is good and what is evil?" comes into play. Because good and evil opinons differs from person to person.

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd October 2009, 4:53 AM
It's pretty interesting, posing questions like "is world peace worth it if it means giving up our emotions?" (and yes I know he doesn't say in DP that he wants to get rid of them in anyone but himself, but still, with as much of a control freak as he is...)

Nidoprince
22nd October 2009, 5:48 AM
I've always liked philosophy and philisophical questions, but I never thought Cyrus and Team Galactic could actually get on to these types of debates. I think DPA did a part on that, even though I'm probably the wrong guy to get an opinon on that since I've always liked DPA. I don't know why, but they just tried to focus on TG and...presto! They did a great job on the concept.

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd October 2009, 8:26 AM
Oh yes! I think that's why people like TG so much, because you can really get deep with conversations about them. Well, one of the reasons anyway.

Of course, just because we CAN doesn't mean we HAVE to. So now it's time for hilarity.
Since Halloween is gaining popularity in Japan, it's probably doing so in the Pokemon world as well (although that world seems to be multicultural, it's still based *mostly* on Japan, after all). So what do you think the agents would go as?

Let's face it. Cyrus would go as an early god. Greek, Babylonian, Egyptian, something around that era (and yes I know that's a damn big era).

And then he'd be all "...I did not give permission for you lot to alter your uniforms in such ways."

Nidoprince
22nd October 2009, 4:32 PM
Oh yea, he'd definatly be a Greek God. I'm sure the commanders would be his slaves, but if they were allowed to be whatever they wanted, then Mars would be a black cat, Saturn would be something I'm not sure of (Mabye Saturn the planet), Jupiter would be...mabye a highschool student ("I feel like the world got reborn!") or a cheerleader. Then Charon wouldn't be able to get off his lazy behind would be Albert Einstein. But seriously, I think that those would be the costumes if Cyrus didn't let them be whatever they wanted to.

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd October 2009, 3:47 AM
Of course, there's another solution to all this. Who else has the same name scheme as Galactic commanders?

You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Nidoprince
23rd October 2009, 5:05 AM
Where are you going with this? OK, sure all their names are based off of space and all, but what does that have to do with Halloween costumes?

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd October 2009, 6:43 AM
That's why (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_moon).

Imagine it.

Hmm. I wonder who Cyrus would be. There's a character named Helio but it doesn't quite work. Maybe Galaxia.

Nidoprince
23rd October 2009, 5:28 PM
You just depended on the wrong person to know about that. I don't watch much anime except for Naruto, Pokemon, and sometimes Sonic X and Yu-gi-oh.

But that would be a great idea. While they're at it, the Sailor Moon characters could be the commanders and grunts.

chosen_one386
23rd October 2009, 10:54 PM
XD At first I thought you were going to allude to the Roman Gods and Goddesses... But Sailor Moon is a good allusion, too. I like all of the symbolism going on behind the commanders' names and such. That's why the new commanders in my fic have the names of the Greek Gods and Goddesses.

Just saying...I'm on another Galactic high...why? Because of the finale! *squee!*

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th October 2009, 2:06 AM
Oh man. The finale's going to be interesting. Anyone else going to watch it? You can download Keyhole TV and watch live Japanese shows.

Nidoprince
24th October 2009, 4:12 AM
I watch Pokemon every Saturday morning (I live in America, too lazy to watch online XD), so I'll be watching it. I'll be late in the discussion about it, but when does it air?

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th October 2009, 6:44 AM
Not here for some time. It airs next month in Japan. That's why I suggested downloading Keyhole.

Nidoprince
24th October 2009, 2:59 PM
Yea, but if I have to download one more thing, it looks like my computer will blow up. I need to bust in the disc that erases everything or just get my new comp. I'd rather follow the storyline up to the finale anyway.

chosen_one386
24th October 2009, 6:11 PM
Is Keyhole the only place to watch it? IDK if I want to download something to watch a few episodes...though I'll probably end up watching the rest of the season on it.

Nidoprince
24th October 2009, 6:39 PM
Wait, is Keyhole subbed? With the Japanese voices? Because I hate pretty much every single Pokemon voice in the anime there is, and I'm sure the Japanese ones are way better.

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th October 2009, 4:31 AM
Keyhole is LIVE Japanese TV. That means we see what they see and hear what they hear.

Anyway, went to the prerelease today. Only three Galactic cards in the set and that's kinda disappointing given that it's really their last set. And it's an odd combination too--Cyrus gets Zapdos, Mars gets Porygon-Z, and a female grunt gets Beedrill. Very very random.

Nidoprince, be prepared to be disappointed. Japanese Cyrus sounds like a stock villian, and the three main commanders sound like preteen girls. Yes, including Saturn. I'm serious.

Nidoprince
25th October 2009, 4:35 PM
Well anything is better than the english voices. But I don't read or speak Japanese (I so wish I could! I definatly want to live there as well.), so I'll just be watching it. But it's not the battles that are exciting to me, it's the talking. So I'll just have to wait...

chosen_one386
25th October 2009, 9:39 PM
True, the Japanese voices are a bit out of whack, but I have an issue with the English voice actors as well...namely...Mark Thompson and Sean Schemmel...

I will never forgive them for Archie and Maxie...and Saturn...and Cyrus....

Nidoprince
25th October 2009, 10:02 PM
It's just that the voices sound like they try and be a cool with cool voices, but end up being weird. I'll use Ash's voice for example, which I think is done by Veronica Taylor (?).

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th October 2009, 7:57 AM
Ash *WAS* Taylor until the VA switch.

And trust me. Schemmel is way preferable to Cyrus's Japanese VA. (although I LIKE Schemmel as Cyrus. I think he adds that needed strain, and let's face it, Cyrus is one of the few characters where you CAN overact and it just adds to the character, given that it seems to be implied that the only way Cyrus can control his emotions is to pretend they don't exist, so when he DOES show anything they'd be completely out of whack)

As far as English Saturn vs Japanese Saturn, I think that depends on perception. Do you prefer Captain Nasal Passages or the Estrogen Kid? Although Italian Saturn sounds awesome, but as far as the two biggest languages go, he's kinda sunk.

I'm looking forward to hearing what Charon sounds like in English. I wonder how they'll pronounce his name. They'll probably say it "Sharon" but I REEEEEALLY don't think that's accurate. I suppose I could call NASA and ask them...

Nidoprince
26th October 2009, 4:28 PM
Sometimes the pronounciation on this show surprises me. When I heard them say Regigigas it sounded like "Rejeegigis" when I always used "Rejeegeegas." And then when in some movie Brock said "Bonslee" and in the show he says "Bonsly." And don't even get me started on comparing them with PBR pronounciation...

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th October 2009, 5:15 AM
*sigh* Guys, please get back on topic. Talking about the pronouciation of things that have nothing to do with TG is just...nothing about the club at all.

Anyway! So Cyrus has a fair amount of backstory, and Charon has a tiny bit. But the other three get squat. What do you think their histories are like?

Nidoprince
27th October 2009, 6:03 PM
Oh yea, sorry about that. I bet Saturn might have joined Galactic because he seems kind of like a guy who learned tricks on how to stay calm, and get out of dangerous situations. Mabye he was tutored by Cyrus? And Mars looks like she could've been an ordinary girl until one day something happened that changed everything. Mabye the Galactic invaded them, and Mars had no choice but to join TG. Then Jupiter is always the one with the temper, so mabye in the past she always got her way, and isn't used to the hardships of TG. Mabye she wanted to change, instead of being the spoiled one all the time. So much for that...if that happened. That's how I take their backround anyway. What about everyone else?

EDIT: Charon got a bunch of history, mabye even more than Cyrus. I've never seen the anime, games, or manga talk about WHY he wanted to join TG. But if anyone here got the Secret Key in Platinum, then you'd see how much they covered on Charon.

chosen_one386
27th October 2009, 10:36 PM
As far as the three commanders' backstories go, I don't have much of a theory about any of them except for Mars, who has a full backstory in my fic (twins with Maxie, realizes Cyrus' plan and tries to stop him, psychic, etc.). I always thought maybe Saturn and Jupiter were related, but that's a bit random.

Fun fact from my chemistry book in the magnetism section. There are two types of magnetism called diamagnetism and paramagnetism. Hrm...their prefixes sound a lot like two legendaries that are related to Galactc...

Nidoprince
27th October 2009, 10:56 PM
Twins with Maxie...that's great! If that was really what happened, I would think that Maxie would promise to destroy team Aqua so that it's out of the way, and Mars would stay in the team to find out information. It may not be a good idea, but you can tweek it and steal it for your fic if you want.

chosen_one386
28th October 2009, 10:08 PM
XD Seeing as Maxie is dead and Team Galactic has been disbanded for twenty years, that is pretty much out of the possibility. Still, good idea. :)

Okay, so when does the TG climax premiere? Next week?

Blackjack Gabbiani
29th October 2009, 5:12 AM
Yeah, that's when they air the Red Chain episode. Then the week after is the two-parter.

I'm a bit disappointed. I thought when they said we'd be getting "updates" up to the finale that that would mean we'd get what TG has been up to rather than just more clips from the eps in question.

Nidoprince
29th October 2009, 2:58 PM
Oh man...how did you expect me to know that...good job on plot though. But I wonder when the next English Galactic episode will air. The last one was with Riley on Iron Island, kind of like the games, right?

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th October 2009, 5:14 AM
So the preview aired for next weeks' Red Chain episode. Jupiter does battle using her Skuntank, and we get a creepy closeup of her (a friend of mine was surprised that Jupiter has eyebrows. They're behind her bangs).

Rommath
30th October 2009, 5:21 AM
The previews for the upcoming arc are excellent. Good to see the writers making good use of the CGI.

Also looking forward to Jupiter finally getting to battle.

Nidoprince
30th October 2009, 5:37 AM
Yea, whats up with Mars and Saturn getting the popularity, and Jupiter is the one nobody cares about? I even don't like Jupiter, but to me she just looks...weird. I don't know, just the lipstick and the purple theme...

Rommath
30th October 2009, 5:47 AM
Well, I prefer Mars over Jupiter, but with Saturn and Mars to a lesser extent always hogging the spotlight, it's nice to see some action for her, even at the climax.

I wonder what Charon might do after the arc...

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th October 2009, 8:50 AM
So according to PK0082 in the spoilers section, there's a comic out that reveals the end of the plot.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/spoilerTG.jpg
Looks to be that the way they get out of repeating the movie 11 plot is to repeat part of the movie 3 plot instead, because I swear that's the same thing that happened to Spencer Hale.

Nidoprince
30th October 2009, 5:33 PM
Yea, I did feel like the Rise of Darkrai climax was a finale. I hope it's not exactly like it though. But I didn't see the problem with the Team Aqua and Magma finale. It was actually pretty cool.

Rommath
31st October 2009, 2:49 AM
It was mainly because of various things like the late appearance of Maxie and Archie, Lance and other things that people hated it. Though I think some people go overboard with the hate it got/still gets.

Glad to see there's not a total repetition.

Blackjack Gabbiani
31st October 2009, 2:55 AM
Also that they handed the second part off to the Crappy Animators.

Hmm. So my idea--how would YOU GUYS pull off a Galactic climax? If you were writing something official.

What I'd do, and I really can't believe they haven't done this in any canon (and after this there's only Special that still runs a Galactic plot), is have the three fairies attack Cyrus. You know exactly what I mean. Take away his willpower, take away his intelligence, and take away those emotions he tries so hard to hide but we all know he has. Leave him with absolutely nothing but basic function, alive only in the dictionary sense.

...why yes, the more I like a character the more I make them suffer. Why do you ask?

Nidoprince
31st October 2009, 5:56 AM
I would definatly have an appearance by Giratina. Here's how I'd have it from start to end: Ash and co. arrive at Spear Pillar, and they realize that they are late in beating Cyrus, so they try and stop him, but then he already summons Dialga and Palkia, so then Ash and the gang try and battle them, but they don't win. Now the dramatic music plays, and Cyrus is doing his famous evil laugh, but then Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit appears, and they all can command them to use certain attacks, so they stop them. Unfortunatly, the trio is tired, and Giratina appears and gets ready to attack everybody. So then the a shot of a hot pair of lips appears (You know what I mean, the common anime shot), comanding a Garchomp to attack Giratina with a move. A Garchomp appears to attack Giratina. The pair of lips and Garchomp is none other than Cynthia and her Garchomp. So then Ash, Dawn, Brock, and Cynthia use their Pokemon's remaining health to attack Giratina in one blow. That's how I would do it, anyway.

Blackjack Gabbiani
31st October 2009, 10:37 AM
You know, I thought for sure that if they DID go the Pt route here and have the Distortion World, it would be opened from an outside source.

Imagine it, everyone on the mountain and then all of a sudden J shows up with a yellow orb. "Hmm. I did a little research of my own. I hope you weren't planning on making a new universe and not including me. Consider our contract terminated!"

It would have been awesome.

Nidoprince
31st October 2009, 5:24 PM
Yea, but she just made an appearance. I think she is in most of the filler episodes anyway. I also thought that in order for Cynthia to make an appearance, it wouldn't flow right for Cynthia to appear in the Disortion world. I don't know why...but the Disortion world does make in appearance in my book. A short scene shows Giratina waking up in the Disortion world from all the black clouds and racket in the real world. So he comes out and attacks, but Cynthia appears, etc. So it was an outside source.

chosen_one386
31st October 2009, 8:51 PM
Well, since I've written a Galactic climax for my fic that was totally out there...I'd have to cut out some things like...

1. All of my original characters.
2. All of the Aquapolian people (half human/half Pokemon)...which is pretty much everyone...
3. The sacrifice scene (to get to Giratina, Cyrus has to sacrifice someone...mainly my main character)
4. Maxie, Lucario, Suicune, and Arceus being there (totally random, I know)
5. The whole big old battle between my main character and Cyrus.

So...that leaves me with...Ash and co. going undercover to try and stop Team Galactic, being released by Saturn, then watching while the whole world ends.

Yay...

Nidoprince
31st October 2009, 9:08 PM
Dang, it would be cool doing a 2 part episode, but too bad that they won't do it. An appearance by Arceus would be cool though, but the whole thing would be too crowded.

chosen_one386
1st November 2009, 7:45 PM
XD Arceus technically wasn't there when the whole thing went down in my fic. He was in a dream my main character had.

Oh, and a two-parter would have been great, but I really wanted TG to be in the 12th movie.

Nidoprince
1st November 2009, 10:59 PM
Yea, they need to make an actual game villian besides Team Rocket in a movie. If there is Team Rocket in a movie, then they shouldn't use Jessie and James. They have in some like Pokemon 4ever and Heroes, but I didn't like them that much.

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd November 2009, 5:50 AM
Pah, Annie and Oakley weren't Rockets.

Anyway, yeah, I'd love to see an original Galactic in a movie. Magma got an original movie character too, in Butler, and they also got the anime-only officer Brodie.

Galactic is low on original agents. The only one I can think of is K-2 from DPA (you know, buttman). There's that "grunt with his own mind" in Special, but I think he's an undercover agent of some sort, and if that's true, he wouldn't count.

I'd like to see some original commanders, even if only in the past tense (like "You remember what happened to Commander Mercury when she called Boss Cyrus a zombie to his face?" "I seem to remember that he ignored her and then docked her pay and she quit because she had a mortgage." "UNDER SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES!" "She had a mortgage under suspicious circumstances?" "......YOU HEARD ME!").

And for pete's sake, solve the issue as to if Cyrus was really running things when he was 22 (an agent mentions not having gotten a promotion in five years) or if there was a previous leader. Especially needed in DPA (shame it's over, cry cry) because he would have been in his mid-teens when he took Mitsumi in, and that would sort of require some sort of backing from an already-established organization. Even in a world geared towards ten year olds heading off on their own, that's still pushing it.

Nidoprince
2nd November 2009, 6:03 AM
I think Cyrus said somewhere he created TG to be a God. Probably in DPA (Which ended in Japan, darn it!). Speaking of which, there should be a part where Hareta speaks to Cyrus's parents in Sunnyshore like in the games.

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd November 2009, 7:18 AM
I very strongly doubt that those were his parents, given the whole tone of the exchange.

"A long time ago, there was a boy named Cyrus who lived here. He seemed to shun others, and he preferred the company of machines. He was a brilliant student, I recall. I often wonder what became of him."

I don't recall him talking about founding it. The only time frame I remember is that it existed when Mitsumi was a child, which would be about ten or so years ago. Which would put Cyrus in the 15-17 range at the time, and like I said, that's just a bit unbelievable even in a series that's focused on the adventures of ten year olds.

Of course, the simple solution is that he may just be older in DPA than he is in the games (we didn't find out how old he was until Platinum, and DP had already been out for something like two years by then), but then that still leaves the games themselves, because it's established that TG existed most likely more than five years ago. 22 is pushing it as it is, but the guy talks about not having gotten a promotion in five years, not that he was hired five years ago and never got one, which means he was likely working there for longer than that span.

Granted, TG seems very set up to Cyrus's specific goal, aside from that "alternate form of energy" thing which seems almost useless given that his ultimate goal would have rendered that unusable. But animeverse Team Rocket went through some changes as well. Under the previous leader, there seemed to have been less of an emphasis on the pseudomilitary forces that Giovanni commands, and the research seems to have been for the cause of making money rather than domination. So I'd say it's possible to take a preexisting organization and turn it into your personal egotrip...

Nidoprince
2nd November 2009, 4:36 PM
I have an idea! What if TG was something else before? Like an Italian resteraunt, or car repair shop, or an aircraft station? Anyone get where I'm going with this? Cyrus invades Galactic and turns it into a criminal gang! Clearer picture?

Blackjack Gabbiani
3rd November 2009, 7:53 AM
I'm thinking it probably would have been an energy company.

...kinda like Shinra from Final Fantasy 7.

Rommath
3rd November 2009, 2:20 PM
Hmm, didn't Cynthia say when Cyrus first appeared in the anime that he was the head of a wealthy construction company or something like that?

Also, I like your interpretations of Cyrus and Giovanni in the picture thread, Blackjack Gabbiani.

Nidoprince
3rd November 2009, 6:18 PM
More like a wealthy DESTRUCTION company. She was close though. An energy company, huh...mabye in business with Lt. Surge? They look like they could be friends.

chosen_one386
4th November 2009, 2:28 AM
XD Actually, I had a modified form of a Galactic construction company in my fic. It was a combined security/high-end business building company called Akagi International...which is about the lamest name ever, I'm afraid...

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th November 2009, 5:12 AM
Hmm, didn't Cynthia say when Cyrus first appeared in the anime that he was the head of a wealthy construction company or something like that?

Also, I like your interpretations of Cyrus and Giovanni in the picture thread, Blackjack Gabbiani.

I think Carolina said that he did something like that, but not directly construction. Bear in mind I also swear Carolina had a thing for him so I may not be the most reliable (although I've seen some fanart suggesting I'm not alone in this and now I want to see her go after Eusine on the rebound because clearly her type is young, research-oriented, motivated, and completely psychotic).

And thank you! Sadly that voice wouldn't work for the show or pretty much anywhere outside DP, but hey.

Rommath
4th November 2009, 11:34 AM
I thought it was something like that, couldn't recall exactly. I really should re-watch that episode. Still, I thought it was odd that the anime added that line, since nothing like that is mentioned in the games.

Carolina x Cyrus? An interesting shipping for sure...

Maybe Mars has got some competition.

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th November 2009, 12:10 PM
It was something about putting up buildings, but it might have been more due to funding than direct building.

Mars ALWAYS had competition. People only assume she "wins" because she goes off to find him in Pt, but there's no guarantee he'll reciprocate (I think it's more likely that he tells her to get out and leave him to his research, but he'd do the same no matter who found him). Not to mention that in DP, Mars AND Jupiter ran off with him. And then there's Saturn's bizarre fixation...

Rommath
4th November 2009, 12:18 PM
Saturn does have that almost un-nautural fixation with "fulfilling" his boss' wishes...

I can't imagine Cyrus reciprocating or even realising Mars or Jupiter's feelings. I suppose like all emotions, he would consider love or attraction pitiful and useless too.

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th November 2009, 1:13 PM
Oh more than likely. And he's so difficult to ship because he probably wouldn't have a strictly physicial relationship either, dismissing it as unnecessary. He strikes me as the sort to only BARELY permit sex for reproduction, up until his lab comes up with a more effecient way of doing things.

Of course, that difficulty in shipping him is pretty much exactly what makes doing so so goddamned irresistable.

chosen_one386
4th November 2009, 10:31 PM
I TRIED to ship Mars and Cyrus in my fic, but that didn't work out too well. I was trying to focus on his relationship with his niece instead...which bears the question, do you think Cyrus has the capacity to love as a father? In my fic, I was able to achieve that side of Cyrus in baby steps. A competely different side, but necessary for my plotline.

Oh, and I must apologize. Half of my posts in this club seem to speak only of Team Galactic as it is portrayed in my fic. I really don't want to go on and on about it, but since I don't read DPA, watch the anime anymore, or play Platinum, it's now really my only connection...

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th November 2009, 12:17 AM
Oh, that's fine. How about DP then? Since you only mentioned Platinum.

To love as a father? Hmm. Even if he did, he'd probably be all severe about it. And depending on what had happened to him in the meantime, he might try to raise the kid as his successor (Galactic leader if not full-on godhood, if he thought he couldn't accomplish it in his own lifetime).

...actually I'm covering that in a fic I'm doing with a friend. Basically what happened is that the night before they went to the mountain, his curiosity got the best of him and he spent the night with Jupiter. After his defeat, he ran off, and three years later Jupiter finds him again and introduces him to their daughter.

Nidoprince
5th November 2009, 12:19 AM
I don't really care. I actually like to hear about the fic, and how that makes you portray it. I haven't been in this conversation for a while, so I need to take some free time later to read all the posts before I butt in.

chosen_one386
5th November 2009, 1:56 AM
Oh, yes, I have played Diamond, but I mentioned Platinum because, as far as Team Galactic goes, it holds much more plotline.

Yes, I can see him being pretty strict to his children and training them to be his successors. It was a bit different, though, with his relationship with his niece (Kris). First of all, they did not even meet until she traveled to Sinnoh and he was about to unleash his plan. Also, the fact that she isn't his real child (though he stepped into the father role for her after a time) might be why he wasn't so strict with her. What really strained their relationship was his emotionless personality (which slowly disappeared over time) and the fact that he didn't seem to care about Kris, who had grown to care for him quite a bit. His not returning her love hurt her much.

Ooh...sounds interesting. I'd like to read that. :)

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th November 2009, 12:35 PM
skdftrticret i missed the Jupiter episode. My internet went out for almost two hours, coming back ten minutes after it ended.

WHYYYYYYYY WHY MUST I FAIL AT EVERY ATTEMPT AT MASONRY--wait. Scratch that.

Anyway, I made something fun, with this dollmaker (http://www.subetahq.com/wardrobe/index.php)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/cyrussubeta.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/jupitersubeta.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/saturnsubeta.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/marssubeta.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/charonsubeta.jpg

Oh, and since Filb has the screencaps up, I made you all a little somethin' somethin'.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/iadviseyouanim.gif

chosen_one386
5th November 2009, 10:02 PM
XD Nice, nice. :) I am SO in the Galactic mode today...but I really wish I could watch today's episode. I hope they get the pics up soon on the main site.

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th November 2009, 10:33 PM
Eee I know. As I said, Filb has 'em. And I noticed an art error at one point--when Jupiter's Skuntank is guarding the cell and it laughs, the background is that of INSIDE the cell rather than the hallway it's sitting in.

Nidoprince
6th November 2009, 2:46 AM
Gosh, I swear you got every detail down with the dolls. I loved the end of the world thing on Cyrus XD Oh yea, the animation thing was hilarious! Charon has been the person I've never seen him as XD

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th November 2009, 3:37 AM
Oh yes, that was amusing. Although I should redo it since I for some reason put his pants tucked into his boots.

I couldn't get Charon's tendril combover, but you work with what you have.

Rommath
6th November 2009, 4:03 AM
Charon hitting on Jupiter = disturbing but incredibly amusing. :)

It reminds me of how disappointed Charon is that Jupiter and Mars would rather be with Cyrus than him when they desert him at Stark Mountain. There's so many great shippings with Team Galactic.

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th November 2009, 6:47 AM
Well, you burn your bridges with the rest of your coworkers, you expect there'll be issues. Made especially creepy by the fact that Cyrus was going to kill the both of them and they were more than likely aware of it.

Rommath
6th November 2009, 6:58 AM
Perhaps they liked the thought of perishing beside Cyrus rather than away from him? It seemed strange how Charon seems to act how frustrated he is to be left to struggle with the remains of Team Galactic, while Saturn is the one who actually manages what's left of Team Galactic back at the HQ. It always seemed a bit contradictory to me.

Perhaps I'm looking too much into this, because Charon wasn't in DP after all.

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th November 2009, 7:39 AM
Maybe because basically going to Battle Island is optional. Although for story purposes I also think it could be seen that Charon tried to appoint himself leader but wasn't actually in the ranking for it, so he just acted like he was.

Rommath
6th November 2009, 1:32 PM
I suppose you're right. Or perhaps it was an oversight or something.

An impressive start to the Galactic arc. Team Rocket and Looker antics, Jupiter finally getting some decent spotlight, Meowth helping Ash and Co and breaking into the base.

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th November 2009, 9:50 PM
It seems Coronis posted some scans (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=10668725&postcount=35) from Special's latest edition. Cyrus takes a Draco Meteor attack and tells Cynthia that her Garchomp is too bound by emotion and it prevents the attack from being as strong as it could be.

So uh...given how much damage it did to him, I gotta wonder--is he a freakin' masochist or something? It looks to be that if it was much stronger it would have killed him.

Nidoprince
7th November 2009, 1:18 AM
Cyrus looks different from what I usually see him as in DPA. But that's Special art for ya, right? I've seen some of them, since I didn't want to be spoiled so much, but they really got down some fighting scenes in there...

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th November 2009, 3:13 AM
They gave him more of that pallid glare he has in his Sugimori art, but the massive dark lines around the eyes are a detriment. And I'm not sure what's with Jupiter's linebacker shoulders.

And Saturn oh boy you idiot get out of that capsule.

starliteevee
7th November 2009, 3:25 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
I missed the episode because I couldn't find it :<
Darned Youtube.

It looks good though, though the Magma/Aqua start seemed promising too. I refuse to get my hopes up. This could yet turn out badly.

And I think Cyrus is freakiest in anime and DPA!. Gosh, I remember that picture Blackjack posted in the Social Group >_< Thing still gives me the creeps.

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th November 2009, 3:42 AM
Well, we already know it'll be rushed.

Couldn't find it? Get Keyhole TV (http://xorsyst.com/japan/watch-japanese-tv-online/) and watch it live (to the mods, this is a legal program which you'll see if you click the link).

Hey, maybe this week we can make a chat while it airs! That would be awesome.

And holy crap I know. Oh my god DPA Cyrus exudes fury even when he's trying to win someone over. But I adore how he managed to get through all that and realize that he was doing everything wrong, and try to set things right. When a character has that much hatred in them, at so many things, it's really satisfying to see them make a change like that.

DPA8 is out now (Japanese obviously). It's the last volume, and a friend of mine got it but hasn't started reading it yet. I hope the epilogue is good.

Nidoprince
7th November 2009, 3:51 AM
I wish they would subtitle it, then I would chat with you guys while it airs. I kinda want to understand what people are saying, probably unlike the rest of you. Besides, I don't know if my comp will download it or not, but I'll try sometime. Anyway, I thought you said that it already aired. Wait, will it air again?

Also, can you tell me what legendary is featured this time either in a special chapter or main plot in DPA? Please be Arceus...

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th November 2009, 4:57 AM
I don't know yet. The friend said the cover just has Hareta and his pokemon. Although I know the last big battle involves Giratina.

The Jupiter episode aired already. The one--actually two--next week will be the finale.

Nidoprince
7th November 2009, 3:12 PM
I don't think that the ending will be that great because they pretty much left the reader thinking the series is over after the Galactic finale. But they could make Charon be in the last episode with the Stark Mountain thing. That'd be cool...

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th November 2009, 5:37 PM
So I had some more fun with the dollmaker.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/godcyrussubeta.png

Also, Sato posted the summary for the first chapter of DPA8 over on Bulbapedia.

chosen_one386
7th November 2009, 11:19 PM
I like Special Cyrus' looks more than DPA Cyrus...DPA Cyrus is just plain scary...

Okay, I'm pretty mad...I want to watch the finale, but I don't want to download Keyhole...darn it all...>_> Since it's live, what time does it come on...in EST?

Blackjack Gabbiani
8th November 2009, 1:50 AM
Honestly I have no idea.

I'm wondering if I should take screenshots. Keyhole has pretty crappy quality, and last time I took screencaps, of only ONE episode, I took over 180 of them. This is TWO episodes.

Nidoprince
8th November 2009, 2:37 AM
REALLY?! Another 2 part episode for the Galactic finale?! *Backround turns into a field of flowers. Makes another one of those cheesey flower angels mostly used in comedy movies* YAAAY! Remember what I said before about wanting a 2 part finale? Well not only is it great that you took the time to make a bunch of screen shots, but the magic words "TWO episodes" was enough to convince me the finale will be awesome!

Blackjack Gabbiani
8th November 2009, 5:10 AM
This shouldn't be new. It's been in the anime forum for probably about a month now.

Anyway, Sato continues with reading DPA8 and he said something may not be true.
He said that when Kaisee addresses Pluto and "dad" is said, he said the "dad" is coming from Hareta talking offscreen. So Dogasu's claims of Pluto being Hareta's grandfather may not be true after all. HOWEVER, Dogasu said that it was confirmed later on...so it's anyone's guess.
Both Dogasu and Sato have been wrong before, I might add.

Nidoprince
8th November 2009, 7:03 PM
I never go to the anime forum though, that's probably why. Also, I when the new Arceus TCG set will come out. Can't wait for Gengar Lv.X...just saying. I don't know why the didn't do a card for Saturn or Jupiter in this series. And the Porygon-Z and Zapdos for TG is very random, mentioned earlier. Same with the Beedril for the grunt, they could've just done Dustox or Beutifly, and that would've been fine.

chosen_one386
8th November 2009, 7:37 PM
Zapdos isn't THAT random. I mean, we mostly think of psychic Pokemon when we think of Team Galactic, but since they focus so much on technology, wouldn't electric Pokemon be connected to TG as well?

Nidoprince
8th November 2009, 7:44 PM
Yea, but don't you think that mabye it would make more since if it was a GL card belonging to Volkner as an Electric type user? And if they did need electricity, then shouldn't they use Rotom? That'd make much more since to me.

Blackjack Gabbiani
9th November 2009, 2:57 AM
Well, they had a ton of Rotom cards already, and the forms were all connected with Charon.

I guess my question isn't so much "why Zapdos?" but "why ONLY Zapdos?"

Nidoprince
9th November 2009, 4:28 AM
Exactly, but in the last set, Supreme Victors, Cyrus I think got a Charizard (Promo, tin exclusive) which is even more random. Then again, doesn't everyone like Charizard since the 90's--even a crazy God-wannabe blue-greyish haired leader of a criminal gang obsessed with space. I still think Jupiter and Saturn should get their own cards in the new set, since it's the Platinum finale. Platinum was too short, and even if you combine it with the DP series, it's nothing compared to Ex series.

chosen_one386
9th November 2009, 11:59 PM
The EX series was LONG...

IDK, Zapdos is kind of random if they did include and electric type. Where did Raikou go? Raikou suits TG a bit. I can see Cyrus having one.

Nidoprince
10th November 2009, 2:10 AM
Guess so, more so than other teams such as TR, TM, and TA. If I recall, there was something simular to the G, GL, C, and other cards that there are today, forgot what it was called. Mabye you should look it up on Serebii TCG section or something, but this leads to a new topic: Replacing what other gym leaders used in the series, what Galactic members would you replace them with? I think that Misty's Gyarados would obviously belong to Cyrus, her Poliwrath to Saturn. I'll add more later. What are you guys' opinons on this?

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th November 2009, 3:16 AM
Tonight's the big finale! Or today depending on which time zone you're in.

Also I'm working on a fanmix and I want to get it out before then.

Nidoprince
12th November 2009, 3:36 AM
My timezone is GMT -5, what time will it be on? Or did I miss it? I downloaded it, I might watch it some of it. I'm not going to watch the whole thing, but it'd be interesting to see the Japanese voice actors for the first time.

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th November 2009, 3:42 AM
It'll be at I think 2 am Pacific (if not then 3) and I have no idea what that is compared to GMT.

Nidoprince
12th November 2009, 3:47 AM
Wow, that's pretty late. But, if you're talking about the west coast, that means it's a few hours behind for mee. Mabye 6 or 7. I just need to know what channel it's on (Just got Keyhole) and I'll be watching it.

EDIT: Did some math and I probably won't be able to watch it. I have an art project to do (For myself) and I won't be able to find out what channel and time it is exactly, (Don't know about the west coast at all) in time to watch some of the show. i'll just be a little behind. Too bad I don't understand Japanese anyway...

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th November 2009, 1:31 PM
Well. Um. That was interesting. Highlights under the cut.

-J captures the Fairies, gives them to the commanders, and all of a sudden her ship "mysteriously" fails, falls into the lake, and blows up. It's not known what happened to her, but the guess is that she got out and left her agents to die.

-TR dresses up as Galactics and kicks some *** with Looker...offscreen. Cynthia shows up, does battle with Jupiter (by which I mean she forces surrender almost immediately using Garchomp), and Jupiter spends the rest of the eps captive, with Looker and JJ&M as her guards. At one point she has what looks like a combination between a religious experience and a powerful orgasm.

-Cyrus opens some sort of portal with swirling galaxies in it, then walks the **** into it. It closes behind him. Mars screams after him but Saturn stops her from following.

-At the end, Saturn and Mars are also arrested. Charon is mysteriously absent when the others are hauled off to jail.

Also at one point Dawn touched Mesprit. FAIL.

But yeah...I have to say that it's a bit mixed for me.

On the one hand, giving Cyrus his own universe like he wanted made me happy, but on the other hand, you know he won't live to enjoy it. Even if the vacuum of space doesn't kill him (and in this series it's doubtful that it would even damage him), he doesn't control anything and so thus is mortal. And at 27, having even a hundred more years is almost impossible. Sure that sounds like a long time, but in the cosmic scheme it's almost nothing.

Although he seemed *happy*, which...makes me think that he'd die with a smile no matter what. Because he'll exist in a quiet, peaceful place that he brought into being, and that's what he wanted.

Nidoprince
12th November 2009, 5:25 PM
What would you rate it? Is it better than the TA/TM finale? I won't look at the spoilers, so I guess I can't get any hints :/ Oh yea, I missed it, but the good news is that I finished my project. And it is indeed good for the club, not just for me. EDIT: OMG, I can't believe I forgot this: Was it better than DPA's volume 5 Galactic "finale?"

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th November 2009, 5:27 PM
It was better than that, yes. It was also severely rushed, but it didn't suffer as much for it.

Nidoprince
12th November 2009, 5:31 PM
Did they combine some Platinum finale into it? Oh yea, I edited the first post. Didn't think you would reply so quickly. But I hope they didn't rush the Lake trio coming, because in the game there was a cutscene for it, which means it's a big deal. Actually, there should've been like one of those scenes that just shows what's happening while they are battling Cyrus or something. Or at the end of part 1, if it'll show the Lake trio on their way. But that didn't happen in the games, they just came at the time of need.

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th November 2009, 5:33 PM
No, it wasn't better than DPA5. And they kinda put a bit of Pt into it, but only in a sort.

Nidoprince
12th November 2009, 6:37 PM
Yea, I can't imagine the Reverse World thing in the mixture of it all. They'd either have to do it Platinum based or DP based for it to make since. And DPA definatly did a good job on their finale, and plus, the anime really isn't the best anime around :/ They take more time on manga since it's shorter and requires less work. Oh yea, there's one more thing I need to show you:

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/Pokesme12/015.jpg

SURPRISE! You know, that project I was talking about was for (I gave myself the project) drawing an anime character since I just learned how. I had to show it to someone later today, so I had to miss the finale yesterday. But, I decided to make a fan art peice for the club for an apology. Anyway, that's my own, fan-made TG member, Venus. She's not as old as Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, and definatly not as old as Charon. Probably an age that Mitsumi had to go through in her early Galactic stages. She's the 5th comander, and she's always serious no matter what, like Cyrus, her dad.

I told you this was good for the club :P You can add it to the club's fanart if you want to, Blackjack. I know it's not that good, since it's only the second anime style character I've ever drawn since I've learned XD

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th November 2009, 10:40 PM
I'm wondering how old she would be if Cyrus is her father though. Because honestly, someone like him isn't the sort to have an "early start".

chosen_one386
12th November 2009, 10:53 PM
Argh! *bashes head against desk* I don't want to wait until the spring to see these episodes! :( But, alas, I must wait. Sounds like they were better than the TA/TM finale...thank God.

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th November 2009, 11:00 PM
Oh very much so. Like I said, still rushed, but far more reasonable in it this time.

Nidoprince
13th November 2009, 12:04 AM
Yea, I need to wait too :/ Not to mention for HGSS, and all the other Pokemon games that are old news in Japan.

And I just made up that last tid-bit about Cyrus being her dad, because it seemed reasonable for someone that young to be the leader's daughter, but then again, you do have a point. I just realize the new club doesn't have the fan art section like the old one :P Oh well, as long as you guys like it, that's all that matters.

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th November 2009, 12:42 AM
Oh, I can make one. Only got seven pages to go through.

Nidoprince
13th November 2009, 1:19 AM
Make what? You mean a fan-made Galactic member? I said so much in the last post and pretty much all of it is make-able, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th November 2009, 1:55 AM
No no, a list of fanworks that we post.

Nidoprince
13th November 2009, 4:04 AM
Oh yea, that's true. You could make one, but I seriously think the only people that donated some are you and I. I don't think there's 1: many artsy people in the world 2: many club members who are active and 3: many artsy people who are in the club.

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th November 2009, 4:33 AM
Well there's also fanfics. I've got a few up and I'd just need to link them.

Nidoprince
13th November 2009, 5:20 AM
True, I do know that you and some other members here (I know you're out there chosen one! You can't hide from me! *Shakes fist at sky*) who have fics, probably more writers than drawers. Anyway, we need a topic that isn't about the club. We need another TG topic. We could bring up my old TCG topic that everyone forgot about, but I don't think that's a good one that'll last a while.

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th November 2009, 5:28 AM
Well, there's the topic of the ending but you haven't seen it yet.

People seem to be torn about what happens to Cyrus. Most people seem to think that the portal was destroyed, but others hold that the entire new universe was. Which of course would be fatal to him since he was in it at the time. But honestly I don't remember any indication that it was anything but the portal.

I mean, either way we'll never see him again, but still.

...I want the twerps to run into Cyrus's grandfather. I mean, now with the implication that they'll go to Stark Mountain, it would be very interesting.

Nidoprince
13th November 2009, 2:58 PM
We'll have to bring that up when the club has seen it, cause seriously, I think you're the only one who watched it :/ Anyway, I got a decent topic: In what ways are Team Galactic related to TA, TM, and TR? Well, I know they do wear cool uniforms. Pretty much every single one does.

Rommath
13th November 2009, 3:12 PM
Well, just seen the two episodes and although they seemed rushed, I liked how things turned out. Perhaps another episode would have been batter to even things out, I mean, the Tag Battles and Summer School got four eps, why not the big Galactic climax? Although I'm torn about whether I want J dead or not. She seemed like such a great villain to die so suddenly. Especially when most people here were saying she would probably just capture the pixies, get her money and fly off on Salamence.

Well, there seem to be some similarities between the Galactic Commanders and Rocket Executives. Mainly because there's four of them, and Athena looks vaguely like Mars...

Hmm, that's a difficult one actually. I might edit this post if I think of anything.

chosen_one386
13th November 2009, 3:26 PM
True, I do know that you and some other members here (I know you're out there chosen one! You can't hide from me! *Shakes fist at sky*) who have fics, probably more writers than drawers. Anyway, we need a topic that isn't about the club. We need another TG topic. We could bring up my old TCG topic that everyone forgot about, but I don't think that's a good one that'll last a while.

*hides like a ninja* You'll never find me!

Sorry I've only been able to come on once a day...school is killing me. Yeah, I have a few fics. One is totally Galactic-centric, but the writing is bad. I'd rather post the link to Aftermath, which contains flashbacks from the bad writing fic. And, though my new fic is not entirely Galactic-centric, Cyrus, Mars, Saturn, and Neo-Team Galactic are all major players in it. Especially Cyrus, who has now taken Palkia's place in the legendary hierarchy.

Related to others? Well, I can see TG and TR being related, especially with the new Rocket Executives in HGSS. Athena, Apollo, etc., names that are the Greek versions of the commanders'. Strange thing about this is is that I started my current fanfic before HGSS was fully revealed, and my Neo-Team Galactic has commanders name Apollo and Aphrodite. Strange... >_> It's like GameFreak read my mind...from thousands of miles away.

Edit: Just looked through the episode pictures. These two episodes were WAY to rushed, but looked awesome.

Nidoprince
13th November 2009, 4:57 PM
Yea, I've seen some pictures of the new admins in TR, and they are almost as cool as the TG commanders. I've never actually played HGSS, so it's not like I can see their personalities or anything to compare :/ they still look simular though, but it's all in Pokemon, so of course they're simular. If you told me to compare TG to Kingdom Hearts characters or something that'd be MUCH harder.

chosen_one386
13th November 2009, 5:56 PM
We don't get as much personality with the HGSS executives as the TG commanders have. If you ask me, the only team who has more personality is the Cipher.

Nidoprince
13th November 2009, 8:44 PM
Dang, the thing I liked in DPA is that the characters had personality. Not just TG, but all of them. Like how the anime portrays the grunts, it's just too much like TR. I thought they'd have voices that are high and annoying. It's all topsy turvy in the animeverse.

chosen_one386
13th November 2009, 10:11 PM
They would ALL have high voices? Nah, I just expected them to have pretty much the same normal to deep voices all of the other team grunts have had. Generally, I really don't care about the grunts at all, much less their personalities. it's the commanders I focus on.

Nidoprince
14th November 2009, 12:06 AM
Yea, me too, but it irked me when the TG grunts made a first appearance, and they looked like another average Pokemon character with a turqoise bowl-cut hairstyle and spacey uniform. The voice is kind of undescribable. I was picturing...Oh gosh, what's that guy's name that has Heracross that teamed up with Dawn in the tag battle series of episodes, has green hair and glasses? He also has a little bit of a "thing" for Dawn...CONWAY! That's him! Was looking for a picture of him on Serebii, but found his name on the episode guide. Anyway, I was imagining his voice for the grunts, but a little higher.

Blackjack Gabbiani
14th November 2009, 8:35 AM
People wanted Conway to be a Galactic undercover, the way he told the twerps to go to Veilstone and then muttered something like "this will serve our purposes nicely".

Although there's that awesome fic by Shinneth where Conway is
Saturn's cousin

Nidoprince
14th November 2009, 5:09 PM
Hey, that's not illogical. But yea, he does look like he could be working for somebody, doesn't have to be TG. He's a bit shadey, don't you think?

I'm also going to go to this Pokemon League thing (All my Poke-friends are very far away :(), and it's Cyrus season until the 7th of December. If I play enough matches, I get an Arcanine G or Dialga G. Or something else Cyrus themed. Plus, I really need someplace to test out my deck. I thought it was worth 5$ a day :D

Blackjack Gabbiani
14th November 2009, 10:31 PM
I'm trying to finagle the guy who runs the local league for the posters when they're done. Although he wants a rare Deoxys card of mine and I'm not about to part with it for a *poster*. This thing's worth cash money! Maybe I should *offer* cash money for the poster. Although no one would ever want to go in my den if I hung it up...

...actually that may be a good thing.

Nidoprince
15th November 2009, 4:04 AM
This would be the way to handle it: *Insert Blackjack's name here*: "You know what, I'll offer you 10 dollars for this rare poster. I'm actually getting ripped off because this guy on SPPF that I know who is pretty active on the Galactic club and is obbsessed with Nidoking just got a rare anime poster for 4 dollars, and this is worth a little more, but I'm giving you extra so that you can get the darn Deoxys. And that same guy who got the deal on the poster won't trade any of his rare cards unless he has a double, so don't think I'm the only one who barely trades good cards." League owner: "Dude, are you sure about this? I can trade you two if you want or something...I feel bad that you have to spend so much money on this." *Insert Blackjack's name*: "I'll tell you what, I'll give you five dollars for that poster, and then five dollars to shut up about my Deoxys!" Legue owner: "Deal!"

*Bows* Oh yea, I also got an Arceus pack at the League (Convieniently located next to a Japanese anime store) and got Beedril G, and then put in my long lost Crobat G in my deck. Hey, I just realized, TA, TM, and TR got their own TCG expansion, but what about TG?! And TG is the best team yet, and Pokemon co. knows it!

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th November 2009, 4:44 AM
However, TG's cards were spread out over *several* sets, which is something the others can't say.

Nidoprince
15th November 2009, 4:58 AM
True, they did a bunch for I think 4 expantions.

Current topic going off the TG line, so I'll bring up something else, mainly concering the anime. With the finale over, what sort of episodes are going to have a TG feel to it? Or do you think the rest best be untold?

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th November 2009, 5:49 AM
I think Charon will show up again, given that he wasn't arrested like the other three. He *may* spring them out of prison, but given that none of them liked him it's hard to tell.

Now see, if I was writing it, I'd get the heroes to Stark Mountain, going through to find Charon, when this little old man would approach them and ask if they could take him to Heatran's den. They think he might be a police officer so they help him out. And when they get there and find Charon, the old man hauls out a powerful team and proceeds to go apeshit on Charon. "You were there when my grandson abandoned the universe! You could have stopped him and you only stood there! I will make you pay!"

Nidoprince
15th November 2009, 5:27 PM
I think that Charon would be calm and not try to attack them when he sees them enter the mountain. "Follow me." He'll say. Then he'll awaken Heatran, go nuts, and he tries to steal (No pun intended with the steel type Heatran) it, and Ash and co. try to stop him, Looker walks in, and they all battle him together.

chosen_one386
15th November 2009, 10:14 PM
I doubt that Ash and co. will follow him anywhere, but seeing the state of their IQ these days, anything could happen. I second your theory, Blackjack. That would be epic. Although, I do hope we see a bit more of the commanders, possibly Mars and Jupiter like in Platinum.

Blackjack Gabbiani
16th November 2009, 12:18 AM
That would be interesting. I mean, they're only in prison. They could be busted out.

Although I wonder what the heck they can be charged with. Certainly the crimes on their missions, but overall, I doubt there's any laws against trying to unmake the universe. Maybe conspiracy to commit murder?

Nidoprince
16th November 2009, 1:10 AM
Well, seeing trying to make no universe is worse than kidnapping, raping, and murdering. Actually, you're pretty much killing everyone anyway, so if you failed, I really don't think they'd do a death sentence. I don't even think people do that anymore. So they'd probably have to put them in jail forever. I wonder what a court session would be like with the Galactic team, haha. Cyrus: "It was all for the good of the world! Our world is taken over by war and such! There should be NO universe!" Judge: "Has the jury reached a conclusion?" Jury: "We find the defendant...Crazy." Judge: "Send him to the nuthouse!" Cyrus: "Exactly, I thought you'd...Wait, did you say crazy? Are you kidding me?! If I'm crazy, how did I assemble the red chain, awaken Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, and almost undo the universe?! WAAAAIIIIT!!!!" Poor TG...

Blackjack Gabbiani
16th November 2009, 3:03 AM
I think some strong antipsychotics could do him some good.

I think that's the real tragedy. If he was stable, he could be a hero. But he doesn't have that regulation inside himself and instead does everything full force without considering other options. He's right about so much, but because he's so convinced that his way is the only possible way to do things and that everyone needs to listen to him or all will be lost and you don't want to get unmade you want to see my paradise and so on; he's so solid in his ideals and so extreme in them that, even in the pursuit of paradise and peace, he does such unparalleled (for that world) evil.

And that, I think, is what made the difference in DPA, because he learned that flexability. Better that the world exist with all its flaws than not exist at all.

chosen_one386
16th November 2009, 10:17 PM
I wonder what would happen if he was put in a mental institution? "So, what's wrong with you?" "Oh, just tried to destroy this world and create another one." "Try having OCD for once, then tell me you have it worse."

Which kind of makes me wonder what it would be like if Cyrus met Monk, the OCD detective. ...... I have internet ADD, apparantly.

Blackjack Gabbiani
17th November 2009, 4:57 AM
Oh golly.

...why did I just picture Looker as Monk? And he's in the casino for so long because he's trying to make all the numbers line up.

Although what I'm really picturing is something like Arkham. Let's face it, Cyrus is already Pokemon's answer to Ra's al-Ghul (with a bit of Maxie Zeus tossed in for good measure. And yes I know Ra's was never in Arkham, but you get my point).

chosen_one386
18th November 2009, 2:45 AM
XD. I know, right? That's got me thinking of other detectives, too...maybe I should make a list... >_>

And...I have no idea what you just said in your last paragraph. XD It might as well be Japanese to me.

Blackjack Gabbiani
18th November 2009, 4:56 AM
Ra's al-Ghul and Maxie Zeus are Batman villians. Ra's is several hundred years old and is trying to restore the world to the beauty he knew in his youth--which, of course, means eliminating most of the humans on the planet because they're ruining everything. Zeus...well, he's got a massive god complex, as his name implies.

chosen_one386
19th November 2009, 12:25 AM
Oh... >_< I really need to brush up on my Marvel heroes. I had no idea about them...

So...now that the Galactic climax for the anime and DPA is past, the only one left is the Special...

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th November 2009, 2:17 AM
Batman is DC, not Marvel.

Yeah, so it is. And sadly I don't know much about Specialverse TG (Viz is lazy, summaries don't cut it, and why the hell would I want to read illegal scans rather than support the legit companies?)

chosen_one386
19th November 2009, 3:32 PM
Oops, sorry. >_<

Other than the summeries on the mainsite of Special, IDK much about Specialverse Cyrus either. All I know is that he seems to be not as crazy as his other counterparts.

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th November 2009, 3:47 PM
I donno. Calmer isn't exactly the same as saner. This is the guy who carries a giant quill pen with him everywhere in case he has to sign his name. And who took a Draco Meteor from Cynthia's Garchomp and proceeded to berate her because it wasn't as strong as it *should* be (given how messed up he seemed afterwards, I got the impression that at full strength it would have killed him. Not that that would stop him for long, given that death seems to be merely a temporary setback in most cases in that series).

...gyah, like I said, always struck me as borderline suicidal. Things like that and the way he...you know...on the show just solidify it for me.

chosen_one386
19th November 2009, 9:46 PM
XD The quill pen was news to me. I have, however, heard about the Draco Meteor. Yes, erm....quite crazy. I think he is the craziest character in the series. Still, he doesn't rant as much about stuff in Special.

Nidoprince
20th November 2009, 4:15 AM
You mean Cyrus? Definatly. Mabye not so much in the anime (Ash would be first in that case), but in DPA, you better believe it. Pretty much every villain is crazy though. Think about it: To have the guts to take over the world and be dictator or whatever? The whole thing sounds crazy.

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th November 2009, 5:51 AM
I think everyone in Sinnoh is crazy. Look at the variety of characters we get there--even the random trainers standing by the side of the road are crazy. TG are just the bad kind of crazy.

chosen_one386
20th November 2009, 3:23 PM
I don't really equate Ash with being crazy. Stupid, yes, but not crazy. As for everyone in Sinnoh...we have some weird folks there. I can't really think of any off of the top of my head...except for maybe Fantina and Crasher Wake. Any others?

Nidoprince
20th November 2009, 5:29 PM
Looker...He's definatly the type that's a wannabe, and is crazy about it. A dectetive that gambles?! The third gym leader, forgot her name, is also pretty crazy. Same with Candice.

chosen_one386
20th November 2009, 7:11 PM
Maylene? I don't really think she's crazy. Looker, though... >_> Man's got a few marbles loose in his head, though he rocks in the anime.

Nidoprince
20th November 2009, 9:05 PM
She's more wild-crazy. Looker isn't as weird as he is in the games. The only part I liked with him was when he steps up to the plate against Charon at the battle at Mt. Stark.

chosen_one386
20th November 2009, 10:37 PM
I hate not having Platinum. >_< I'm probably missing out on a lot of Galactic action.

Nidoprince
21st November 2009, 1:45 AM
Oops, sorry about that. I didn't want to spoil anything. But yeah, you're missing out. Charon stars in it, with Looker. But now you'll probably want to get HGSS when it comes out instead of getting Platinum.

Blackjack Gabbiani
21st November 2009, 4:24 AM
I always got the impression that Charon had only recently started to make anything of himself. Which explains why he goes mad with power so easily.

Nidoprince
21st November 2009, 4:30 AM
I wish I could see Charon in the anime. I completely forgot how he acts :P Sometimes I gotta wonder: Does Platinum take place after Diamond and Pearl? Like, Lucas from DP really is just Lucas the III's grandpa, or Dawn is just Dawn the III's grandma XD

Blackjack Gabbiani
21st November 2009, 6:02 AM
They're just alternate universes of each other.

Nidoprince
21st November 2009, 1:21 PM
Dang...That'd be cool though, but it'd be major de-ja-vu if that really happened.

chosen_one386
21st November 2009, 7:48 PM
All I know about chronology in the games is that HG/SS is three years after FR/LG...

Oh, and I already know about all of the spoilers from Platinum. :)

Nidoprince
22nd November 2009, 1:04 AM
Well, I gave you something to add to your collection. Now you have to trade your spoiler since you have 2 :P

I always thought the games happen after eachother, but I have no idea how you figured that out.

chosen_one386
22nd November 2009, 6:48 PM
:p Go onto the main site to look up more spoilers.

It says in G/S/C that it had been three years since Red became the champion at the end of R/B/Y.

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd November 2009, 1:49 PM
So, and forgive me if I've asked this before, what do you think was everyone's reason for joining? I know the "want to change the world" aspect was big, but once the commanders knew the real plan (and you cannot tell me they didn't know in gameverse. Saturn says later he didn't, but earlier he had told you exactly what was going on, so he's only kidding himself), what would burn the fervor to continue to such a drastic measure? Do you think they all had sad childhoods like Cyrus?

chosen_one386
23rd November 2009, 3:56 PM
I personally favor the belief that Saturn was beaten as a child...

Not. IDK, it seems like Mars would have had a happy childhood. Jupiter and Pluto on the other hand...maybe not so much. Maybe they were all power hungry, or, like Cyrus in my fic, suffered from some great tragedy that forced them to realize that the world was a flawed place.

Let's expound on this...

Nidoprince
23rd November 2009, 4:11 PM
Well, all the grunts seem to be just plain poor, Mars probably had a happy child, but like, Cyrus set her mansion on fire for a cool backround to say "Join Team Galactic!"

Saturn comes next on happy list. He seems like he could've just been bored and needed something in his life besides what he was given, so he joined Team Galactic, again with Cyrus's request.

Jupiter probably had a bad childhood, but not as bad as Charon. She probably struggled for survival, and then Cyrus gave her the option to "take care of her" only if she joined Team Galactic.

Charon probably had early depression. Mabye his parents died early or something, I don't know.

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd November 2009, 4:39 PM
Hmm. The time frame is suspect here, given that the three main commanders are probably in their 20s (Jupiter may be in her 30s), and, given Cyrus only being 27, they couldn't have been brought up in the team unless there was a previous leader (which is my theory for DPA given Mitsumi's past).

Nidoprince
23rd November 2009, 4:43 PM
Yes! An unkown leader that led Team Galactic when Cyrus was only a little kid, and couldn't remember it now. That'd be awesome. I love all the characters in Team Galactic.

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th November 2009, 7:37 AM
It would be win and awesome, and it's really the only way to fix the timeline issues. Even the games state that TG was around five years ago, and 22 is pushing it for a founder.

chosen_one386
24th November 2009, 3:44 PM
It's makes me wonder if Cyrus' plan was a continuation of the former leader's plan, or if Team Galactic held an entirely different purpose before Cyrus took control. In my fic, Cyrus joined Team Galactic at the age of 18, but didn't become leader until his late thirties. Way off balance from the games, but there must have been a leader before him.

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th November 2009, 3:22 AM
No idea. I know that animeverse Team Rocket seemed to be more money-oriented before Giovanni took control...it's funny though because in the games they're all about money. But anyway it shows a shift in focus.

chosen_one386
26th November 2009, 5:03 PM
Has anyone here seen that extra part of the first movie that shows more of Mewtwo's creation and clones? I heard that it was part of the Japanese DVD release of the movie...it shows Madame Boss in it. I think that she was the one who originally came up with the concept of Mewtwo, but I may be wrong. Giovanni is supposed to be much smarter than his mother.

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th November 2009, 1:56 PM
She's not in the movie, just a CD drama.

Anyway, so what do you wager this hypothetical previous TG leader was like? And what happened to them?

chosen_one386
27th November 2009, 4:20 PM
^ Yeah, that was what I was talking about. >_< Just couldn't remember what it was called.

Hrm...well, first of all, we need to decide male or female. Though throughout the series, we've seen mostly male leaders, even TG could have a female leader. From what we know so far, it probably wasn't one of Cyrus' parents...or his grandpa...or could it have been? :0 Hrm...

chosen_one386
27th November 2009, 4:20 PM
^ Yeah, that was what I was talking about. >_< Just couldn't remember what it was called.

Hrm...well, first of all, we need to decide male or female. Though throughout the series, we've seen mostly male leaders, even TG could have a female leader. From what we know so far, it probably wasn't one of Cyrus' parents...or his grandpa...or could it have been? :0 Hrm...

Nidoprince
27th November 2009, 4:49 PM
I think...that it was his older brother/sister. Cyrus was probably still a baby, and the brother/sister was probably pretty old...like in highschool or colleage. So Cyrus was just born while the brother/sister was plotting a big plot, and he just heard the news. So then, he/she had to sacrifice him/her self to do something, like trigger a bomb or something.

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th November 2009, 1:11 AM
I did a fic where it was a woman named Galatea (which doesn't mean what the impulse to think it means is. I used that to my advantage). She was more of a directly religious leader (compared to Cyrus's "hardly anyone knows he plans to become god" angle), and believed the world could be saved from its current point. Which, of course, put her at odds with the "it's decayed too far, the only way to save it is to start it over" belief of a certain officer of hers.

chosen_one386
29th November 2009, 12:36 AM
Hrm. I can't imagine Cyrus having a brother or sister. He always has struck me as an only child. >_> Only children...yeah, we have issues sometimes. Sometimes, only children have much more pressure put on them than children with siblings do.

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 1:28 AM
Mabye he got so self-centered because he's the only one who'd pay attention to himself, he's what he lives for, that's why he wants to be a God. But yea, you have a point.

Ellie
29th November 2009, 3:22 AM
Tiffany is remaking this club due to the large amount of problems with it. This was debated among many other staff members so don't think it's just me doing this and/or whine to me. The new club made by Tiff will be up shortly.

Have a nice day.