PDA

View Full Version : Your most clever/favorite named Pokemon in your team

porygonfan
6th October 2009, 3:38 AM
Which Pokemon names you gave your Pokemon are your favorites, please say the name and what type of Pokemon you gave that name.

I only have 1.
A Female Piplup I named Cascada, in Spanish cascade means "waterfall", and well, Piplup is a water type.

Dehydrated
6th October 2009, 3:43 AM
Rayquaza. It's named Ozone.

Either that or my Golem. It's named Boulder.

HoagiethePokeBreeder
6th October 2009, 3:43 AM
I think that my Fave would have to be my IV bred, EV trained Jynx named Aunt Vicky. =)

3lmi
6th October 2009, 3:49 AM
I got a Rapidash and named it Charger after a horse escape game I played online.

Abus0ru
6th October 2009, 3:55 AM
My best named pokemon would be my shiny Absol. I looked up a bunch of foreign names for words that had to do with Absol, and I found out the Dutch word for soul is Ziel, and it sounds pretty cool, so that is his name. :)

Wigglytuff FTW!
6th October 2009, 4:43 AM
I named my Shiny Giratina "Betsalel", because according to the site I got it from, in Hebrew, it means "son of my sorrow", so I think it's really cool.

Blazing Charmander
6th October 2009, 9:51 PM
For the 4th Gen games, probably my Leafeon on Platinum that I nicknamed 'Saria'. She kinda fits the forest guardian image that Saria personifies in Zelda: OoT. Plus she recently learned Grasswhistle lol (C-Down, C-Right, C-Up). :)

mxe567
7th October 2009, 12:23 AM
My Arbok that i named Kobra...and my Muk that i named Kum

jirachiken
7th October 2009, 12:34 AM

^Oh, yuck! I have a shiny Sceptile named LeafFrenzy, Gyarados named Riptide,and a Starmie named Stellar.

Dave.
7th October 2009, 12:46 AM
I named my Hypnosis Crobat Morpheus.
Freddy the Darkrai.
Oedipus the Gallade.
Demian the Weavile.
Abraxas the Absol.

Bank$
7th October 2009, 12:56 AM
lol.... Kum

Mrs. Lovett
7th October 2009, 1:08 AM
My favorite nicknamed pokemon are:

-Voldemort the Giratina
- Napoleon the Empoleon

leon25270
7th October 2009, 1:24 AM
1) Mightguard the Squirtle and Dragnforce the Horsea.

I use these Pokemon for IV Breeding. Mightguard has perfect HP, Defense, and Sp Defense IVs while Dragnforce has perfect Attack, Sp Attack and Speed.

The names are shortened versions of spells from Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

2) Defog the Staravia.
Defog used Defog!
Yeah. Seriously.

3) ATKDEFSPE the Horsea, HPATKSPE the Horsea, SpDefense the Remoraid, Defense the Remoraid, SdfBARB the Barboach, DefSdfBARB the Barboach, and many others.

Yeah. Some Pokemon with flawless IVs in certain stats... That's how I used to take note of them before I realized I could just make use of those six markings...

GengarNightmare
7th October 2009, 1:55 AM
o_O

My Scizor has, probably, the best name of all my pokemon. I've named it "Bonesaw". I got it from Spiderman. You know (if you've seen the first movie) the cage match?

"BONESAAAAAAAAAAAAW IS READYYYYYYYYY!!!!"

I also named my Garchomp "Weapon X". No background to that one, just my own invention. Mostly, I gave the nickname because if it's allowed to set up a swords dance, it essentially becomes "Weapon X". :D

I also plan to have Eevees that have nicknames after each of the planets and/or things relating to the solar system/space. Right now, I only have Vaporeon, but I plan to have each of the Eeveelutions with appropriate nicknames:

Vaporeon- Neptune
Jolteon- Mercury (Orbits the sun very fast, Jolteon is fast.........anyone?). I also thought about naming it Jupiter because of Jupiter's magnetic storms.
Flareon- Mars (obviously referring to the color, not the temperature, lol)
Espeon- *A "moon" related name* Does anyone know a cool nickname relating to the moon or the Japanese word for moon?
Umbreon- Twilight or something relating to night/eclipse.
Leafeon- Earth
Glaceon- Pluto

Mercury Lamp
7th October 2009, 2:57 AM
Leafeon - Jasmine
Garchomp - Cobalt ,because of its color.
Starmie- Stella
Glaceon- Silverelle
shiny Togekiss- Angeline

Deicario
7th October 2009, 3:00 AM
Espeon- *A "moon" related name* Does anyone know a cool nickname relating to the moon or the Japanese word for moon?

My friend told me akatsuki means red/blood moon which I always felt sounded pretty cool.
Bat In Hat The Golbat is probably my favorite.

LiteBlue-
7th October 2009, 3:17 AM
Turss the Torterra bkuz it's grass type and a turtle.

BynineB
7th October 2009, 3:25 AM
Named my Blaziken Buffalo, and my Sunflora Sunfauna.

LightingKimba
7th October 2009, 3:44 AM
This (http://pastebin.com/f5198066e) should have some gems, no?

Kukem
7th October 2009, 3:59 AM
Well I have a few nicknames that I kinda like.
Umbreon: Darkness
Gengar: Gina
Feraligatr: Fiona
Empoleon: Lady P
Alakazam: Kreskin
Starmie: Cosmos
Espeon: Celest
Gallade: Geno
Metagross: MacGreggor
Blaziken: Infernox
Tyrannitar: Laforge Jr.
Salamence: Semhaien
...Just to name a few. Not all original, but they are decent. Need to think of some new ones for the new team I am raising....

freakyboy05
7th October 2009, 4:06 AM
I like my Feraligatr ♀ named Coco.
Because it's a female and Coco it's short for crocodile even though it's an Alligator :P

BigDaddy D
7th October 2009, 4:07 AM
I named my Blastoise, Shellshocker

Nightlingbolt
7th October 2009, 4:28 AM
Ni the Torterra. As in "The Knights Who Say 'Ni!'" If that isn't the most epic name ever, I don't know what is.

Dark Eevee
10th October 2009, 3:43 AM
Eclipse the Darkrai
Voltage the Luxray
Shuriken the Ninetales
Naruto the Ninetales

Dawsono
14th October 2009, 7:27 PM
My Ambipom called Showboat

vitorml
14th October 2009, 10:14 PM
susano'o to swampert, because susano'o is the japanese god of water and storms.

graptakular
14th October 2009, 11:26 PM
I named my shiny red Gyrados "Carnage" after the villian in the Spiderman series. My shiny male Roserade is "Darkthorne" cuz it seemed to fit his emo colors. On Emerald I also have a Wailord named "Lord 'O" a play on calling him a lardo and a Relicanth named "Reli-old". In the old days I used to nickname my TM pokies so I remember which ones they are: Cutatron the Sandslash, Flashisimo the Electrode, Flyer the Pigeot, and Surfie the Blastoise. Oh and Donny the Rhydon

KyleKW
14th October 2009, 11:29 PM
My favorites would be

My Glaceon named Tamoe
and Espeon named Amaterasu
=D

GalladeRocks
14th October 2009, 11:33 PM
Well, I was going to name my Chimchar in Platinum Chimmy Neutron, Chimmy Carter, or Chimmy Turner, but they were all too many letters, so I just went with Chimmy. I would say my favorites are Valiant the Gallade, Balboa the Regirock, Iceman the Regice, and Gridiron the Registeel.

happyfeet
15th October 2009, 11:09 AM
i called my empoleon happy feet :)
my raichu is called chuchu haha
female magmortar is called maggie
my dragonite is called joka which is swaheli for dragon