PDA

View Full Version : What is the hardest non-legendry pokemon to find and catch?

Pages : [1] 2

Rexx
9th October 2009, 12:04 AM
;246;Hiya. My hardest pokemon to find and capture was Larvitar.;246;

RagingTyphlosion
9th October 2009, 12:15 AM
Dude, this question is abit of a cliché.

Hardest IS Beldum I believe.

Low catch rate and the sucker's only move is Take Down.

AGGRON KING
9th October 2009, 12:16 AM
in which game?

masterleo
9th October 2009, 12:43 AM
Beldum. Easily Beldum

Lugion
9th October 2009, 12:51 AM
Gah, this is hard. I don't really have much trouble with Beldum, thanks to my somewhat high-level Venusaur, which has Sleep Powder.

Probably Tauros, because I've only ever found it in the Kanto Safari Zone.

◘Ins0mnIac◘
9th October 2009, 1:34 AM
Well I haven't been able to capture a Khangaskan so I'd have to go there. But Beldum took four monotonous tries. and I have no way to get a Growlithe which makes him more frustrating than either x.x

thetifftiff
9th October 2009, 2:34 AM
Since you said find and catch, I'll have to agree with ◘Ins0mnIac◘ about Khangaskan. I've never actually tried to catch a Beldum but it does seem near impossible however with magnet pull it's not all that hard to actually find from what I've heard.

Dehydrated
9th October 2009, 2:39 AM
Beldum or Chansey.

Tiomasta
9th October 2009, 5:36 AM
The rare Safari pokes...
Say, RBY. There were some pokes like Tauros, Kangaskhan, Scyther and Chansey you would only find in the Safari, and the chances of finding one were like 5%. You throwed your ball, only to find they breaking it and running away.

But excluding Safari ones...
Beldum in DPt. You have to use the PokeRadar... In the freaking Sandstorm.
Its catch rate is 3, the same as most legendaries, like Giratina.
Its only move is a recoil one, and that move only has 20 PP.
Catching one is like defusing a time bomb.

lucario the great one
9th October 2009, 1:37 PM
i would have to say beldum it is a total idiot if you try to catch it.it only knows take down and its catch rate is 3 it'll probably just faint itself from recoil damage

Pkmn Breeder Jack
9th October 2009, 4:56 PM
Spiritomb. There's just too much junk to do before you can unlock the possibility of catching him.

sitekickdude1432
9th October 2009, 10:30 PM
great marsh pokes such as tanglea and carnivine and also beldum
but the strangest of all for me was my abra :S bcause it kept running away

Rexx
10th October 2009, 12:10 AM
The hardest is Larvitar cause is the only one of the of the swarming pokemon that I havent gotten yet. Beldum is hard too.

Metagross Guy
10th October 2009, 12:39 AM
Beldum, with a catch rate of 3%, its like a crackling Darkrai in capture rates!

RedMoogleXIII
10th October 2009, 1:07 AM
Besides rare safari zone pokemon
Beldum
That darn low catch rate, Take down, plus in a sand storm
Even with a swarm its a pain in the rear.

Safari Zone have an excuse, Beldum dosen't.

RagingTyphlosion
10th October 2009, 2:51 AM
After reading this I have remembered something, I have NEVER caught a Tauros in Kanto! ever! not in R/B/Y or FireRed and LeafGreen, it has always fled from me.

I feel weak :p

leilukin
10th October 2009, 5:02 AM
-Beldum, nuff said. Capture rate of 3 for a non-legendary? What a pain.
-I have to agree with the OP that Larvitar is hard to find and catch. In my Diamond, I used PokeRadar for a long time in Route 207, but I still could not find a single Larvitar!
-Rare Pokemon in Safari Zones. In my Diamond, I had encountered Kangaskhan for few times, but I always failed to catch it. Even finding a Shroomish in Great Marsh is a pain either; it took me a very long time to find and catch it.

Lucariofan-atic
10th October 2009, 5:41 AM
Spiritomb.. and maybe i count Beldum and Larvitar for this thing.

Kreis
10th October 2009, 5:49 AM
I think Perap has a high catch rate. That sucker was harder for me to catch than Parukia.

China
10th October 2009, 5:49 AM
I'd have to say female combees/burmys
you need to put honey on a tree and wait forever
to get a small chance of finding one

Tiomasta
10th October 2009, 8:00 AM
The hardest is Larvitar cause is the only one of the of the swarming pokemon that I havent gotten yet. Beldum is hard too.

What, Larvitar? No, Beldum is way harder than Larvitar.
Beldum is a little harder to find(sandstorm), way lower catch rate(Larvitar's is 45, Beldum's is 3), only has 20 PP and its only move is a recoil one.

I think Perap has a high catch rate. That sucker was harder for me to catch than Parukia.

What's a Perap? Japanese for Paras or something?
You say Palkia? You must have some really bad luck, since Palkia isn't that hard.

Or even better-- er, worse, Munchlax. Freaking 1% find rate.

Kreis
10th October 2009, 8:03 AM
What, Larvitar? No, Beldum is way harder than Larvitar.
Beldum is a little harder to find(sandstorm), way lower catch rate(Larvitar's is 45, Beldum's is 3), only has 20 PP and its only move is a recoil one.

What's a Perap? Japanese for Paras or something?
You say Palkia? You must have some really bad luck, since Palkia isn't that hard.

Or even better-- er, worse, Munchlax. Freaking 1% find rate.

Japanese for Chatot, I forgot the NA name for it. And as for being difficult, yes it was. It has the same catch rate as a Paruka, and for being a non-legendary Pokemon, it was pretty difficult to catch.

javivaldez
10th October 2009, 8:04 AM
Mine was munchlax it took forverei had to make like 10 honey trees but i got teired so i breed one

defno
10th October 2009, 8:31 AM
I has to be either Spiritomb or female combees -.-
Spiritombs have the most ridiculous method ever and female combees are just...

mullen
10th October 2009, 8:51 AM

You can save your game before touch each tree.
If you find combee, you can load your game and try again.
The combee will still be there, but the gender and level may change.
Then you can try until find a female one.

mullen
10th October 2009, 9:02 AM
For me, the hardest are Dunsparce & Kabuto.
The swarm for Dunsparce never happened, I have tried it everyday for 3 months.
Meanwhile, I have digged nearly 100 fossils, but only one is for Kabuto.

Other pokemons that are hard include.
Feebas(3 days)
Beldium(lots of hours & balls)
Munchlax(lots of days & honeys)

I hope I can meet Dunspare as soon as possible, and finish my collection.

m!ss p!nk
10th October 2009, 1:20 PM
Spiritomb .. he was hard o.O"

Dragonite19
10th October 2009, 1:25 PM
;374; Hands down Beldum. I spent literally over an hour in ONE battle with a Beldum. It cost me well over 100 Ultra balls. No non-legend should have those kind of stats.

torchic_lover
10th October 2009, 1:26 PM
Miltank is hard to find, but not to catch. Beldum is murder though.

GengarNightmare
10th October 2009, 5:15 PM
Hardest to find: Kangaskhan - because you have to check the Great Marsh every day until you see him, not to mention trying to capture it.

Hardest to capture: Beldum. No arguement. Catch rate of 3 on a "normal" pokemon is rediculous. I mean, the Dimension pokemon (Dialga and Palkia) both have catch rates of 30! I caught Dialga on Platinum version with one Quick Ball without weakening it, but it took an average of 20 dusk balls to catch one beldum that was asleep with 1HP.

Crazy.

MrPostman
10th October 2009, 5:43 PM
Feebas.
Munchlax.
Female combees.

JDavidC
10th October 2009, 5:47 PM
Beldum - for some reason it has a catch rate that is the same as that of ubers like Arceus. No, just... no. I was very surprised I even caught one in my Platinum game.

Ahmed48
10th October 2009, 9:58 PM
I would say spiritomb and beldum. Easily said...

Duragon31
10th October 2009, 10:51 PM
hardest to find is a tie between munchlax and feebas, both are pretty much just lucky finds

hardest to catch goes along with everyone else being beldum for every reason already mentioned

aaron-now
11th October 2009, 2:10 AM
Feebas to find, which I had to trade for over the Wifi.
and Beldum for catching. I might try using a Ghost type next time it swarms...

Another is Miltank in Diamond (haven't bothered with Taruos and pearl). I spent ages looking for it, and finally found it, after 18 Chanseys and a shiny Starly.

WynautQueen
11th October 2009, 2:22 AM
Yep. Feebas, female Combee and Munchlax are all pretty hard.

Beldum isn't hard to find once they're around, but they just won't stay in the dang ball. That and their only move being one that damages itself makes it one tough Pokemon to get. It's a miracle I got three shiny ones.

lucarioman098
11th October 2009, 7:59 PM
i think mine was ditto i could never find then when i did i would try not to kill it then it wodl transform so it was harder to catch uh i hated it

GoodPokemonTrainer121
11th October 2009, 9:21 PM
Female Combees and Khangaskan and Beldum!!!

RukarioX
11th October 2009, 9:27 PM
In Pearl, I looked for Bagon for like an hour, then, I used 80 ultra balls to catch it. I was extremely frustrated when I finally caught it.

Midnightkitsune
11th October 2009, 11:21 PM
ditto is and eevee for platinum

(s.i.e)
12th October 2009, 11:45 AM
chansey sure is a pain in the butt, especially it's holditems take long to obtain.

deoxyclone
14th October 2009, 10:08 AM
the hardest to find is feebas of course!
and to catch is beldum!
maybe spiritomb since there are very few people who plays pokemon with DS in my country (most of them using emulator just like me.. hehe! ;p)

squlicky4
16th October 2009, 10:24 AM
well i would have to say gible took me ages to catch

MegaTravis
16th October 2009, 12:24 PM
Beldum and Chansey. Very, very frustrating.
Oh yeah and Feebas.

Nibbles4Ever
16th October 2009, 10:42 PM
Beldum and chansey for sure >.<

HookShot
17th October 2009, 12:25 AM
Let's see, Beldum, Feebas, Munchlax, Beldum, and Beldum are all a pain to find and catch.

But, Beldum is the only pokemon I've ever fought that has Struggled itslef to death. So Beldum wins my vote.

sweet_piplup123
17th October 2009, 4:37 AM
Beldum, Kangaskhan and Spiritomb.

*shudders*

I don't have problem with Feebas, I got mine through Ruby/pal park (it's easier to catch them there).

Pseudo-Unlegendary
17th October 2009, 6:23 AM
Chansey, arghhhhhhhhh. It makes me want to pull my hair out. You almost never see it and when you do it runs. Thank god they introduced heppiny or I would've gone straight up nuts.

Noctourniquet
17th October 2009, 10:53 AM

What are these?

And Beldum, definitely.

Tiomasta
17th October 2009, 11:09 AM
What are these?

Hm? You skipped page 2, apparently.
Perap is Chatot and Parukia is... Well, Palkia.

So, on 4th gen...
Hardest to catch : Beldum
Hardest to find : Munchlax?

With Feebas, you're pretty much guaranteed to see it if you spend a few hours on it, but nothing compares to Munchlax's 1% appearance rate. Right?

Noctourniquet
17th October 2009, 11:19 AM
Hm? You skipped page 2, apparently.
Perap is Chatot and Parukia is... Well, Palkia.

So, on 4th gen...
Hardest to catch : Beldum
Hardest to find : Munchlax?

With Feebas, you're pretty much guaranteed to see it if you spend a few hours on it, but nothing compares to Munchlax's 1% appearance rate. Right?

Oh, right.
I think you can SR for a Munchlax...

WarriorPrince
17th October 2009, 4:18 PM
I have to say Khangaskan.

Tiomasta
18th October 2009, 12:15 AM
I think you can SR for a Munchlax...

No, you can't. The game sticks to whatever poke it chose, you can only SR for gender and stuff.

lucario96
18th October 2009, 7:04 AM
Hardest to find for me was my feebas

Adeku
18th October 2009, 7:18 AM
Feebas,Smeargle,Chansey,Kangaskhan,Scyther,Pinsir are the hardest I've caught also Munchlax.

newmoon island
5th November 2009, 4:27 AM
Spiritomb, because you have to meet 32 people underground.

Noctourniquet
5th November 2009, 12:23 PM
Spiritomb, because you have to meet 32 people underground.

This.
And Beldum, because it generally insists on killing itself.

ClassicalwaterPokemon
5th November 2009, 2:31 PM
I would have to say the hardest to catch was Beldum.

Ace Trainer Brad
5th November 2009, 2:39 PM
I think Feebas is one of the most difficult Pokemon to find.

ShinyPichu4Ever
5th November 2009, 2:59 PM
To find: any shiny pokemon
To catch: Beldum

Lucas666
5th November 2009, 4:25 PM
feebas, beldum, and that one that is like a painter and i cant remember his name, ever!!!

ShinyPichu4Ever
5th November 2009, 6:14 PM
feebas, beldum, and that one that is like a painter and i cant remember his name, ever!!!

You mean Smeargle?

Mudkip8003
5th November 2009, 6:22 PM
Beldum + Take Down = Hardest to catch. If your talking about finding them, Pikachu in the Trophy Garden, for some reason. It took me about 30 tries to find it.

dragonmasta
5th November 2009, 6:39 PM
To find: any shiny pokemon
To catch: Beldum

fail :-) lol
its any shiny pokemon with pokerus, perfect IVs, the right nature and (if it has 2 possibilities) the right ability (and if you want a certain pokemon that needs a certain gender) the right gender.
thats just damned near impossible to get.

don't know the calculations though

Hiro__
5th November 2009, 9:37 PM
I don't get peoples laments about safari zone pokemon in kanto. I got tauros by accident, got scyther from the safari zone, and caught chansey (although it WAS a pain.) my solution: Get XD. Tauros, Chansey, Scyther, AND Kangaskhan all available as shadow pokemon there. :D I would have to say beldum is the worst in trying to get. I'm just going to restart and play through ruby for one. :D

Short Wing
5th November 2009, 11:01 PM
Back in Kanto, Chansey was a pain to catch in the Safari zone, oh and practically half the Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum and XD.

Larry
5th November 2009, 11:36 PM
Beldum and Chansey.........

freakyboy05
5th November 2009, 11:40 PM
Beldum + Take Down = Hardest to catch.
Especially since its catch rate is equal to a legendary's >_<
I hated finding Smeargle, Dunsparce, Chansey and Ditto back in gens I and II
And Feebas, the hardest Pokemon to find, ever.

SeriesVet
6th November 2009, 12:45 AM
Tauros.
Oh the memories..

The red, hot, angry, GBA throwing memories..
Stupid Tauros..just stay in your ball..

Eiker
6th November 2009, 7:16 AM
Feebas only because I don't want to relive the nightmares of Ruby/Sapphire catching Feebas.

shaoon
6th November 2009, 7:32 AM
Wait beldum only has a 3&#37; catch rate? Well now everything makes sense.

Bank$
6th November 2009, 8:55 AM
Beldum.. I hate catching those.

hydroforge
6th November 2009, 12:58 PM
I used Shedinja with False Swipe to catch my Beldum with one Pokéball.

Hardest I believe was Munchlax took ages to catch the guy!

masterkaaos
6th November 2009, 1:07 PM
Tauros.
Oh the memories..
Stupid Tauros..just stay in your ball..
(^^fave quote ive ever made lol)

haha! yeah Tauros was the LAST pokemon i needed when i finished my Blue Version back in the day on my first ever Game Boy hmm lol.

i ended up trading and trading back with my friend after several days worth of trying, that was my first ever dex trade

yeah in gen 4 i vote Feebas, damn thing takes forever to find and no ones likes doing it

that or the runners, i HATE runners >.<

Agonist
6th November 2009, 1:17 PM
the hardest one to catch in this gen is beldum and to find, for me anyway, is wobbufet
in previous gens chansey, sycther and kangashkan- it took me 5 and half hours to catch kangashkan to complete the kanto dex

YoYie
6th November 2009, 6:55 PM
in third gen, i collected every pokemon, and the hardest without any doubt where chansey and tauros. the two i got at the very end actually, exept jirachi, celebi and mew :(

frozenthrone101
6th November 2009, 6:59 PM
Beldum and relicanth

Lorde
6th November 2009, 7:01 PM
Feebas would be hard to find but not hard to catch :/

Relicanth would be hard to find and hard to catch.

dj-tiny
6th November 2009, 8:28 PM
i say febass

PokemonQueen
6th November 2009, 8:30 PM
Beldum, chansey, and munchlax :/

frozenthrone101
6th November 2009, 8:32 PM
Relicanth would be hard to find and hard to catch.

Actually i ran into him when i wanted to

Nebbio
7th November 2009, 9:33 AM
Wailmer. He kept escaping.

ARCEUSŁ^
7th November 2009, 11:55 AM
easy beldum its got the same catch rate as arceus and its only move is take down

ARCEUSŁ^
7th November 2009, 11:56 AM
also houndours kept using roar

Surfer_Dude
7th November 2009, 12:35 PM
Beldum! Stupid take down, killing itself...

disposable_heroes
7th November 2009, 2:10 PM
Beldum. Route 228 Swarm that rarely appears for me, plus a catch rate of 3, and you'll have to bring Ghost Pokemon for Take Down not to have effect.

Kangaskhan. Only appears in the Great Marsh around 5% of the time, and most of the times I find one, I fail to catch it. Only exception: FireRed.

Chansey. Same story as Kangaskhan, but in FireRed' Safari Zone, and not the Great Marsh. However, I got really lucky in Diamond and caught one WITH a Lucky Egg on it.

Chatot. Always keeps on using Uproar, which damages my low-level Pokemon I use for catching, and even without Uproar, it's still a pain to catch.

Munchlax. I haven't even encountered it in ANY of my 4th Gen games, and if I do, it will be hard to catch because it's catch rate is 50!

Thank you for letting me rant.

Lauraeevee96
7th November 2009, 2:14 PM
to find in d/p it was togepi but luckily in platinum you got it in an egg but to catch i would say skorupi i got it down to just one hp and i still didnt catch it.

disposable_heroes
7th November 2009, 2:47 PM
to find in d/p it was togepi but luckily in platinum you got it in an egg but to catch i would say skorupi i got it down to just one hp and i still didnt catch it.

How do you get a Skorupi down to 1 HP? It's only available in the Great Marsh, and there, you can't use ANY Pokemon to help with catching.

Leaf Storm
8th November 2009, 12:38 AM
Um. Bagon was crazy for me. D;

halloweenghost
8th November 2009, 2:25 AM
I'm gonna say Spiritomb as they way you battle and catch him.. oy..you know about 70 percent of anyone who has one traded for it lol.

Giratina93
8th November 2009, 3:30 PM
Tauros, easilly. Stupid cow was VERY hard to find, and refused to stay inside the Pokeball AND constantly fled..

For some strange reason, I caught a Beldum on my first try with a Quick Ball.

Envice's Tyrannitar, on the other hand... UGH! SO VERY HARD! I had used the Master Ball on the Metagross, so the T-tar was PURE EVIL! I had to let my (then) 5 year old brother snag it, and he caught it on the first turn... WITH A TIMER BALL! *Bangs head against wall.*

Honurable mention goes to Bagon. SO... MANY... GOLBATS & SOLROCKS... Stay in the Ultra Ball, you stupid Dragon!

fatyeti4
8th November 2009, 6:41 PM
Idk, it just must be me, because i have caught several beldum in platinum, and it didnt really take that long. its usually only 2-3 ultra balls and i got it...

disposable_heroes
8th November 2009, 9:16 PM
Um. Bagon was crazy for me. D;

Yeah. Me too. It took around a half-hour to find one, and I had to battle THREE DIFFERENT TIMES because my Poké Balls ran out (except for my Master Ball from FireRed). :@

Heart
9th November 2009, 12:38 AM
Beldum. It's catch rate says it all. ;P

ComelyCleric~
9th November 2009, 4:52 AM
I would have to say Beldum is the proper answer, as first of all, you either have to cheat and change the time on your DS to find one, or wait until it swarms naturally, as it is a swarm pokemon making it hard to find first of all. Now though all swarm pokemon have an equally likely chance each day as appearing as the swarm, to add to Beldum's case as the hardest non legendary pokemon to catch, it has a catch rate of 3, meaning that it is as hard to catch on average per pokeball as an Arceus. Thats 3 out of 255. Next, to further add to its case, it has Take Down, a move which causes it to take recoil damage each turn it hits you, and eventually KO itself. Though even if you thought ahead and brought a pokemon like haunter along, to sleep it and not take damage from Take Down, it will eventually use up all of Take Down's 20 pp and start to struggle, thus KOing itself anyway. You can actually make a case that Beldum is the hardest pokemon to catch in the entire game, with these reasons to back up your argument.

Greencat
9th November 2009, 8:01 AM
Munchlax. Hard to find, only in one location, and 1&#37; chance. Also, can only be found out by guessing or using your SID. :s

Azayzal
10th November 2009, 11:56 AM
Make me feel lucky to see so many people put up pokemon i caught with ease >.< my chansey (now blissey) had lucky egg i caught it with my first quick ball throw beldum i caught with my 1 dusk ball but it was asleep so mmm Hardest for me though would have to be Feebas i just cannot find the time to sit down and fish up 4 - 10 times on a few hundred tiles of water i do a row and end up just going crazy with boredom. Hardest to catch like straight out for me was my arceus because it just swamped my team

Zerbino
10th November 2009, 12:08 PM
well i got beldum and metagross from emerald so that wasnt hard to get
i also got blissey form emerald
and a snorlax from fr

the only herd pokemon to catch for me was miltank becouse it took me about an hour to find one

chansey monk
10th November 2009, 6:21 PM
its beldum

frozenthrone101
10th November 2009, 6:58 PM
Tauros was a challenge for me i thought a quick ball would do it

Dark7
12th November 2009, 4:50 AM
The pokemon that I can't find and catch was Munchlax and Feebas.
They are too hard to find.
Beldum was an easy capture. I used a Dusk ball when I played at night.

RDSchley
12th November 2009, 6:48 PM
1. Feebas
2. Munchlax
3. Beldum

diablo_200525
12th November 2009, 6:49 PM
Feebas, Munchlax are on my list for sure....I had a third one, but i kept running into it for a while. So its just those 2.

Prinplup
12th November 2009, 7:49 PM
Shroomish in Platinum. Took like 2 weeks for it to show up in the binoculars, then it wouldnt show up in the Great Marsh and if I DID encounter one, it would run after I use a Safari Ball. But I caught one, so if I want any more I can just breed.

Tyrannotaur
12th November 2009, 8:15 PM
To find.. Munchlax and Feebas.
To catch.. Chansey or Beldum.

This is all D/P/Pt though. In 3rd gen and previous I'd say rare stuff in the safari zone. I don't think I ever caught a Chanesy in Red or Yellow, too freakin hard. Tauros took me forever to catch in both Red and FireRed. In Hoenn I'd say Regice was the worst to try to catch. I still remember spending what felt like nearly two hours throwing ultra ball and timer balls at it. Took forever.

Yup yup -;248;

pichu96
12th November 2009, 8:52 PM
To find Feebas
To catch Beldum

Shneak
12th November 2009, 8:54 PM
Beldum is very difficult to catch. Feebas and Munchlax are also very hard to find.

Houndude619
12th November 2009, 8:54 PM
Feebas is always hard to find.

I spent ages trying to get it.

Beldum is a pain to try and catch but I use a ghost poke to wear it down.

Kai678
12th November 2009, 9:30 PM
For me it was Munchlax. Feebas was fairly easy...

Dark7
12th November 2009, 10:23 PM
Good thing that in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, you can find a Feebas in the pokewalker. Not only that, it will be easier to evolve it.

Dark44
13th November 2009, 8:26 AM
BELDUM with the catch rate of 3 OMG! well it took 3 minutes for me to catch it:club::club::club::club::club::club::club::confu sed:

SpecialAcez
13th November 2009, 4:08 PM
Well the hardest to find for me would be a Munchlax. (I totally give up when it comes to finding this guy.)
The hardest to catch would be a Beldum due to its annoying catch rate.

swampertlover5712
14th November 2009, 12:20 AM
Damn you beldum!!!

Xpoison
14th November 2009, 1:38 AM
it took me 7 minutes to capture beldum. So it is beldum.

umbreon_shadow27
14th November 2009, 1:55 AM
Beldum is so annoying to me it is harder to catch than legendaries.

clone1
14th November 2009, 2:16 AM
-To find Munchlax
-To catch Beldum

clone1
14th November 2009, 2:19 AM
Meh, Beldum was annoying. It took me around 4-5min to catch. ._.

ZiZo
15th November 2009, 1:29 AM
well for me the hardest pokemon to capture was Feebas,Larvitar and Munchlax

ZiZo
15th November 2009, 1:31 AM

ZiZo
15th November 2009, 1:32 AM

muumajii23
15th November 2009, 1:49 AM
Chansey. Just 'cause she was a ***** to find. xD Even harder trying to find a Lucky Egg. (still haven't found one...)

Dragonite19
15th November 2009, 9:20 PM
Feebas. You have to get so lucky to catch one of those fishies! I mean, really 4 little spots? Not to mention only a 25% chance of it actually appearing at the spot. I've played that game for so long and only got two.

TerraWolf
15th November 2009, 10:13 PM
smeargle or an pokeradar pokemon

shadow0x
16th November 2009, 5:11 PM
munchlas and beldum....

Calm
17th November 2009, 3:06 AM
Either
beldum(for obvious reasons)
Mewtwo in r/b/y
Munchlax because of trees

ZeroGear
17th November 2009, 6:23 AM
Hardest to find and catch? Feebass, hands down. I mean, 4 PANELS THAT CHANGE EVERY FRIKING DAY? What kinda idiot thought that was a good idea?
Munchlax is up there too, as well as female combees (unless you have a ditto and breed like crazy).
But Beldum? He's actually very easy to get, especially if you own a Ruby/Saphire/Emerald game (he is given to you as a gift), or look for him at night with dusk and timer balls, and a pokemon who has a sleep/paralysis/freeze move.

Tadashi
17th November 2009, 7:55 AM
Beldum (nuff said), any Pok&#233;mon in any Safari Zone (especially the rare ones, like Chansey), Spiritomb (but once you have one, breeding is a sinch), Feebas (stupid tiles), rare tree things like Munchlax and female Combee. That's all I can think of.

InsaneLeela
19th November 2009, 3:58 PM
I also thought beldum was the hardest.

Victreebong
19th November 2009, 4:41 PM
In the 4th Gen games, Feebas, Munchlax, and Spiritomb. Feebas has always been WAY too hard to scout around for. Six tiles in an area with ~400, give me a break! Munchlax is just a big disappointment. Luckily both (Snorlax at least), along with all the other previously mentioned Pokemon can be bussed in via the GBA slot and Pal Park.

And then there's Spiritomb. There has never, ever been a hater as big as Spiritomb. The GTS was made for Spiritomb. Chances are, if you are lucky enough to get to an area that finds a Wi-Fi signal, nobody's going to be there to play Pokemon with you, let alone go talking 32 times to you in the Sinnoh Underground. Maybe they would in Tokyo, not in California. And when you get Spiritomb, you quickly find that he's Sableye with better defenses and no Recover.

Beldum, Kangaskhan and Combee (f) may all have hard capture rates and random factors, but they are obtainable in more than one way. Bussing and breeding aren't that hard to do. And really, when's the next time your going to play Sapphire instead of Platinum?

Tiomasta
19th November 2009, 4:46 PM
And then there's Spiritomb. There has never, ever been a hater as big as Spiritomb. The GTS was made for Spiritomb. Chances are, if you are lucky enough to get to an area that finds a Wi-Fi signal, nobody's going to be there to play Pokemon with you, let alone go talking 32 times to you in the Sinnoh Underground. Maybe they would in Tokyo, not in California. And when you get Spiritomb, you quickly find that he's Sableye with better defenses and no Recover.

The Underground is wireless, not Wi-Fi.

Alpha Gamer
19th November 2009, 6:59 PM
Feebas, Spiritomb, Kangaskhan, and Munchlax.

surfer treecko
19th November 2009, 9:11 PM
Munchlax.

Seriously, finding a shiny by random searching would probably be easier then finding one of those...

Alpha Gamer
19th November 2009, 9:19 PM
Munchlax.

Seriously, finding a shiny by random searching would probably be easier then finding one of those...

Finding Bin Laden would be easier then finding one of those.

deoxisthebest
19th November 2009, 9:23 PM
I have to say Chansey in Safari Zone in LG\FR

Pheonix987
19th November 2009, 11:47 PM
chansey sure is a pain in the butt, especially it's holditems take long to obtain.

I agree on the "holditems take long to obtain"part, but I saw a Chansey, and caught it in the second pokeball...I've seen them twice after.

For the record, the hardest to obtain was Quagsire. I threw 25 Safari balls at it... but it just refuses to be catched. I gave up on looking for Quagsire in the Safari Zone...

P.S. "hint hint" the Safari Zone part.

;078; Rapidash Rulz...

arceus7
20th November 2009, 12:08 AM
beldum was EASY to catch

Ace of ♠
20th November 2009, 11:47 AM
Any freaking rare honey tree pokemon.
I mean what the hell, 1&#37; appearance rate!
I only got Heracross, Aipom and Burmy through trades.

.::Pokemongems::.
21st November 2009, 12:53 AM
I'd have to go with Munchlax and Kangaskan.

cookies kill you
21st November 2009, 12:55 AM
for me its kangasgan or what ever lol

KrayzieBuddha
21st November 2009, 1:13 AM
Feebas man... piss me the hell off to find.

pastel
21st November 2009, 1:50 AM
safari zone tauros from FR LG, and muchclax, and vespiqueen, maybe.......sth else...

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1
21st November 2009, 2:34 AM
Feebas and Munchlax. I got them on GTS. I was too lazy to get Feebas, and I kept trying but no Munchlax.

swampertlover5712
21st November 2009, 12:31 PM
i think tauros is also hard to catch.

Esmerry
21st November 2009, 2:26 PM
For me: Chansey (LG/FR Safari Zone, to catch) - Feebas (to find) - some Honey Tree Pok&#233;mons.

I could never catch a Chansey in my Leaf Green game, because it always ran away =(

**Jirachi**
21st November 2009, 3:09 PM
Feebas,Munchlax and Heracross are hard to find but its easy to catch.I think the hardest to find and catch is Beldum.In Platinum,it only appears with swarms and only knows Take Down,so it always faints from recoil damage before I even catch it.Roamers were also really hard to both find and catch back in G/S/C,but they are easy to catch since R/S/E/FR/LG(thanks to Wobbuffet and its Shadow Tag),and easy to both find(thanks to Marking Map app) and catch/tahnks to Wobby again) in D/P/Pt.Also,I have no luck so far with Safari Zone/Great Marsh pokémon.Only exception for this is that I found and caught a Kanghaskan easily in Platinum.

nikster65
24th November 2009, 7:51 AM
The hardest pokemon to catch in pokemon Pearl or Platinum (i dont have Diamond) has to be Chansey. I was looking for one for about an hour and a half and when i found one it took me about 20 poke balls to catch it when it was on low HP.

Pokedragonman
24th November 2009, 8:24 PM
It is Feebas and/or Spiritomb

Pokefan0234
24th November 2009, 11:11 PM
Those stupid Honey Tree Pokemon and there inability to stay on a tree long enough for me to run over and catch them.

And of course, we can't forget Beldum and its impossibly high catch rate.

Nixoth
25th November 2009, 7:33 PM
Dude, this question is abit of a cliché.

Hardest IS Beldum I believe.

Low catch rate and the sucker's only move is Take Down.

thats exactly what i was going to say. i found one, and used my action replay to have it start with just one hit point, and i used a quick ball. it broke out immediately, and used take down and killed itself...i think i did eventually catch it legitemately

~ Z ~
26th November 2009, 4:32 PM
I'd say shiny Feebas, shiny munchlax or shiny kangaskhan...
I finally DID find a shiny kangaskhan, but ofcourse it had to flee...
Time to make some egs, I gues..

Hibachi
26th November 2009, 7:24 PM
The hardest pokemon for me to catch/find would be Chansey in FRLG, Chimecho & Feebas in RSE, and most honey tree pokemon in DPPt

dragon user
26th November 2009, 11:40 PM
In the days of red blue and yellow, I would say the hardest one for me to catch was catterpie because it was the only one i couldn't find i had 148 pokes including legit mew

nkishadow
27th November 2009, 4:42 AM
I say kangaskhan

Forge
27th November 2009, 8:43 AM
I have to vote:
Feebas for the hardest to find. -.- It took me FOREVER.
Beldum for the hardest to capture.
And Abra for being a teleporting ba$tard.

swampertlover5712
27th November 2009, 6:15 PM
feebas, munchlax annnnd anyone else that gave me problems... :p

thunderwolf
28th November 2009, 8:39 PM
I remember when I tried to find Nidoran (female) in FireRed. It took 3 days!

Kandkhorov
28th November 2009, 8:40 PM
I would have to say feebas and aipom >,<

WishmakerX
28th November 2009, 8:42 PM
I was only ever able to catch one Tauros in my lifetime, and it was on my Blue Version. Ah, I remember this particular poke with both envy and hate.

WishmakerX
28th November 2009, 8:45 PM
thats exactly what i was going to say. i found one, and used my action replay to have it start with just one hit point, and i used a quick ball. it broke out immediately, and used take down and killed itself...i think i did eventually catch it legitemately

Alright, if you had an action replay, why didn't you just use a WPM code? oh and I would know, my friend did it for a Beldum too.

FlareonJupiter
30th November 2009, 12:38 AM
I eventually got Beldum on my third attempt, after the first two I found knocked themselves out.

What I did was have Banette use Will-O-Wisp to wear it down, and I kept tossing Ultra Balls. But it took a LOT of them...

Noheart
30th November 2009, 7:20 AM
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS .

That thing is a biznitch to find, at least.

Chrissy01
30th November 2009, 3:21 PM
Gah, this is hard. I don't really have much trouble with Beldum, thanks to my somewhat high-level Venusaur, which has Sleep Powder.

Probably Tauros, because I've only ever found it in the Kanto Safari Zone.

well ya, if you are looking for it in platinum/diamond/pearl then you will only have a 6% chance of finding one. I am still trying to find one but I keep finding miltank :(

THE EXTREME ONE
30th November 2009, 4:19 PM
toxicroak in the safari zone
and scyther

dragoniteKnight
30th November 2009, 10:12 PM
Spiritomb. There's just too much junk to do before you can unlock the possibility of catching him.

i second this motion, litterly impossible if you dont own two ds's (+ pkm games) or have friends (err with the game and ds of course)....other then that id have to say febass.

AKRy100
1st December 2009, 6:17 PM
Feebas is apparently hard to find so I just got one off the GTS (let someone else do your dirty work).
Beldum was hard to catch what with its recoil damage and its catch rate of 3 (the same as most legendaries).

diamond11
1st December 2009, 11:55 PM
-Beldum, nuff said. Capture rate of 3 for a non-legendary? What a pain.
-I have to agree with the OP that Larvitar is hard to find and catch. In my Diamond, I used PokeRadar for a long time in Route 207, but I still could not find a single Larvitar!
-Rare Pokemon in Safari Zones. In my Diamond, I had encountered Kangaskhan for few times, but I always failed to catch it. Even finding a Shroomish in Great Marsh is a pain either; it took me a very long time to find and catch it.
I have one. We should trade.

Xweek
2nd December 2009, 1:54 PM
People found Larvitar hard to find and catch?

I remember chaining for them on my sister's game, and I found LOADS, and they were quite easy to catch.

imajirachi
3rd December 2009, 12:20 AM
feebas is definitly the hardest to find. in ruby/sapphire/emerald its semi mediumish on the ahrd side, but in platinum. gawd! only 4 squares in the whole game have him and they move around the lake every 24 hours. gah!

A7X_Slayer
3rd December 2009, 4:37 AM
For me it was when i was playing emerald and trying to find a feebas it took me about 2 weeks to actually catch it and when i did i felt so happy :D

charigod
5th December 2009, 1:02 AM
i agree beldum is hard to catch but feebas is a pain to find

Lifeline
5th December 2009, 1:09 AM
For me it was Croagunk, it took me forever to get one. It would always flee before I could catch it. It was srsly annoying.

Charizard4Ever
12th December 2009, 5:51 PM
Beldum is probably the hardest to find and catch.
The rare Great Marsh Pokemon come next.
Munchlax and other honey tree pokemon take forever to get, but they are relatively easy to catch.

Charizard4Ever
12th December 2009, 5:54 PM
I just remembered how hard it is to get Spirtomb and Feebas without tons of outside help. Chansey also ranks up there with the hard to find Pokemon.

cookies kill you
12th December 2009, 5:58 PM
feebass thats all i have to say

Clubfoot
12th December 2009, 6:57 PM
Spirtomb or Chansey, no to Mention Ditto.

wobbuffet guy
12th December 2009, 7:46 PM
I might say Carnivine I've only ever seen it once but it's easy to catch

Yanma on the other hand is the complete oppisite it's easy to find but hard to catch in the great marsh

wobbuffet guy
12th December 2009, 7:51 PM
I have a few Feebas and Munchlax are almost impossible to find Munchlax with it's I think it's 1&#37; chance to find it and the fact that Feebas can only be found in 4 squares

I now have alot of feebas :D

Plat. Frontier
Diamond: Feebas

Pearl: Feebas

Plat.: Feebas

Feebas is hard!

Eon Master
Febass without question. It's found in three freaking tiles in the whole game.

serebiifreak
12th December 2009, 9:36 PM
Beldum or Bagon. They keep breaking out. *sob*

tyranitar90
12th December 2009, 10:50 PM
feebas was easy if you had old rod. hardest person for me to catch was pineco in gold and silver, since they were in trees and had self destruct.

Platinum fan.
12th December 2009, 11:10 PM
So far it's Beldum. I can't seem to catch the thing. I had no idea Feebas was so tough to find and catch. I haven't attempted to hunt a Feebas yet because I'm currently hunting Beldum, but mabye I should try and see what everyone's talking about.

wayne kers
14th December 2009, 11:20 AM
Beldum for sure.

it took me soooo long to catch that sucker. but had a scizor with false swipe and a haunter, so take down coudln't hit. and he had hypnosis which helped a littl

Tiomasta
14th December 2009, 12:15 PM
Feebas is hard to find, but not to catch. It's just as easy as catching a Magikarp(catch rate 255). Now, Beldum has a catch rate of a miserable 3, do the math, who's harder?

feebas was easy if you had old rod.

You can find Feebas only with the Super Rod.

WynautQueen
14th December 2009, 1:15 PM
Yep, I'd say Beldum. Shiny hunting for these was so hard; I can't believe I got two.

Katipunero
14th December 2009, 1:42 PM
Its a close tie between Beldum & Feebas

Tiomasta
14th December 2009, 2:45 PM
Its a close tie between Beldum & Feebas

No. No no no no. No, no, no, no, no.
Both take some time to find and catch. Feebas takes way more time, but Beldum is way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way harder to catch, besides not being easy to find as well, while catching Feebas is a simple as throwing a ball at the start of the battle.

Feebas shouldn't be getting any attention at all, Munchlax more than deserves this attention. Munchlax is harder to find, way harder than Feebas(finding Feebas simply may take some 10-120 minutes, finding Munchlax may be a matter of months), and Munchlax isn't easy to catch(catch rate 50), unlike Feebas.

Munchlax > Feebas
Beldum > everything else, including legendaries

darkgamerGS
14th December 2009, 7:50 PM
Okay...

Feebas wasn't that hard to find for me in Platinum. All you have to do is fish two or three times in one spot since it's like, a 50/50 chance or something if Feebas is found there, move over a square, repeat... I found a Feebas in the fourth top row starting from the top... I think I used good rod... I know that's what I caught Feebas with in Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire.

Hardest to find? Level 100 Magikarp in Platinum Resort Area... Munchlax was easier for me to find, and I still haven't found that level 100 Magikarp.
Hardest to catch? Hmm... well, Heatran and Regigigas in Platinum Struggled themselves to death four times... it took me four Beldums before I caught one (That's three suiciders.) And since Heatran's level 70 and Regigigas was level 1 and easier to weaken... I'm gonna go with Heatran.

DSDark
14th December 2009, 8:01 PM
feebas is just annoying because it only in a few spots

Orcy
14th December 2009, 8:40 PM
gible.

couldnt find the right cave.

in fairness where is beldum found. i want to test

Lefler1701
14th December 2009, 8:54 PM
in fairness where is beldum found. i want to test

Diamond - Swarm Route 228
Pearl - Swarm Route 228
Platinum - Swarm Route 228

munchlax90
14th December 2009, 9:23 PM
i believeee it would haveee too munchlax! i still cant find one! if anyone can help me find one? or trade it?

munchlax90
14th December 2009, 9:27 PM
giblee is in the cave under the biker bridge thing theres a cave under thats not noticable ou have to hit the wall and keep prsseign towards it you will eventually get in a cave and have to use strenght to move the boulder and you go left and continue and follow the path up and down and have to jump a couple of thing and it iwl eventually appear ntot oo hard

striker
14th December 2009, 9:29 PM
Kangaskhan in red, the B-stard was so annoyin everytime i tried to catch him he would run.

I dont think any non-safari zone pokemon could take this title

cookies kill you
14th December 2009, 9:30 PM
what about munchlax ive tryed so much but ahh

crazysteve1001
14th December 2009, 11:34 PM
i would have to say feebas, hes like impossoble to find and he changes every day

Radon
14th December 2009, 11:54 PM
Oh man, I'm gonna have to go with Pineco. It drove me nuts with it's self-destruct.

Orcy
15th December 2009, 8:19 AM
off topic
can anyone tell me how to get further in gible wayward cave. i cant get past the jumps bit

on topic
you can migrate beldum and feebas but not gible

Shiny_Lugia
15th December 2009, 9:18 PM
i would have to say beldum it is a total idiot if you try to catch it.it only knows take down and its catch rate is 3 it'll probably just faint itself from recoil damage

Not if you use a ghost type. After all, Take Down in a normal move so it isn't affected by it.I always let it hurt itself to the right point and then I switch it with my ghost type and wait until I catch it.

My hardest to find and catch would have to be feebas.*I have good luck in catching pokemon in the Safari Zone.*

DaleL487
15th December 2009, 9:29 PM
Abra is annoying when it teleports so he's hard to catch without a masterball

Orcy
16th December 2009, 7:15 AM
mean look abra or just use ultra balls. i catch lv 50s that way

darkgamerGS
17th December 2009, 3:05 AM
Abra? Annoying to catch? Just throw a quick ball... easy. *Has no idea if I got lucky everytime I attempted a catch*

Tiomasta
17th December 2009, 1:49 PM
Actually, Abras are pretty easy to catch. Their catch rate is 200. Quick Ball.

Orcy
17th December 2009, 4:40 PM
i use ultra balls on lv 50s on full health and still catch them. a lv 7 abra is easy

Tiomasta
17th December 2009, 7:05 PM
Level has absolutely no influence at all on the chance of catching it, you know.

Agonist
17th December 2009, 7:07 PM
I like how hariyama has a higher catch rate then makuhita

Orcy
18th December 2009, 4:40 PM
no lower levels are easyer to catch. dont give me "this has a higher catch rate"

Orcy
18th December 2009, 4:41 PM
no lower levels are easyer to catch. dont give me "this has a higher catch rate"

cg_25
19th December 2009, 4:26 AM
The rare Safari pokes...
Say, RBY. There were some pokes like Tauros, Kangaskhan, Scyther and Chansey you would only find in the Safari, and the chances of finding one were like 5%. You throwed your ball, only to find they breaking it and running away.

But excluding Safari ones...
Beldum in DPt. You have to use the PokeRadar... In the freaking Sandstorm.
Its catch rate is 3, the same as most legendaries, like Giratina.
Its only move is a recoil one, and that move only has 20 PP.
Catching one is like defusing a time bomb.

I caught my beldum by weakening one until it used all its pp for takedown.

mattj
19th December 2009, 4:41 AM
Chancey gave me fits in Gen 1. Rarely encountered, couldn't put it to sleep/paralyze/lower the HP, and it just runs on the 1st turn most of the time T_T

Orcy
19th December 2009, 8:21 AM
had no prob with chansy in lg.

it was tauros i had problems with

Luxrayess
19th December 2009, 2:36 PM
Hardest non-legend to catch? Beldum, hands down! I got fed up pretty quickly during that swarm...

...so I just went to the GTS and traded a Spinda for one. ^.^ Lucky day.

Orcy
19th December 2009, 6:01 PM
my sister got a beldum easy but has not got a feebas

Orcy
19th December 2009, 6:05 PM
my sister got a beldum easy but has not got a feebas

lastdays
19th December 2009, 8:19 PM
orcy stop double posting.

and beldum is the hardest non legendary to catch. its catch rate is 3 after all, which is tied with most legends. in fact its even easier to catch than palkia and iaga, who bto have 30 catch rate. i learned this the hard way when i was chaining beldum. i only caught 1 shiny because the rest kept suiciding with take down

Orcy
20th December 2009, 11:36 AM
i only double posted once.

beldum is easy to find and can be migrated. also i think there is a move that splits the hp of the 2 pokemon and gives equal values to both. aka 50 hp and 10 hp gives them both 30 hp. use full restores and bring ultra balls and timer balls and its easy.

Noctourniquet
20th December 2009, 11:57 AM
i only double posted once.

beldum is easy to find and can be migrated. also i think there is a move that splits the hp of the 2 pokemon and gives equal values to both. aka 50 hp and 10 hp gives them both 30 hp. use full restores and bring ultra balls and timer balls and its easy.
You double-posted twice...
That move is Pain Split.
There is no way that there is a harder non-legenary to catch than Beldum.

WolvesareFunny
20th December 2009, 12:28 PM
abra/kadabra they always teleport. i need jolly timid and rash natured ones.

Noctourniquet
20th December 2009, 12:33 PM
abra/kadabra they always teleport. i need jolly timid and rash natured ones.

What possible use does Jolly Alakazam have? And the Quick Ball takes care of Abra nicely... If that fails, them Wobuffet ftw. Or anything with Mean Look that can outspeed it.

TheGambit
20th December 2009, 12:37 PM
Another possible way to collect Abras would be trade them and breed them.

What possible use does Jolly Alakazam have? And the Quick Ball takes care of Abra nicely... If that fails, them Wobuffet ftw. Or anything with Mean Look that can outspeed it.

There's a really obvious answer to that; they may want to use the Everstone strategy for passing on natures and also giving an Egg Move at the same time.

Noctourniquet
20th December 2009, 12:44 PM
There's a really obvious answer to that; they may want to use the Everstone strategy for passing on natures and also giving an Egg Move at the same time.

My bad. I never thought of that :(

TheGambit
20th December 2009, 12:48 PM
My bad. I never thought of that :(

Haha! It doesn't really matter.

Anyway, my input on the discussion would be Beldum too. It has a nasty habit of breaking out at the last second.

Pokebal123
20th December 2009, 7:57 PM
Let's think... Non-legendarie? K, of course Beldum and Chansey, but... ...And Tauros...

Dragon Houou
20th December 2009, 9:01 PM
Definetly chansey, that pokemon was annoying as hell to catch. Even with ultra and nest balls, there is almost no success.

Tiomasta
20th December 2009, 9:16 PM
Beldum has a catch rate of 3(besides Beldum, only legendaries have a catch rate that low).
Chansey has a catch rate of 30.
Tauros has a catch rate of 45.

No comparison there.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok&#37;C3%A9mon_by_catch_rate

Besides legendaries and Beldum, the lowest catch rate is 25, with pokes such as Mantyke, Snorlax and Skarmory.

Icy_Snorunt
20th December 2009, 9:16 PM
I would have to go with Zubat...nah just kidding
For me it would be Beldum. That thing was impossible to maintain inside the darn ball
Another poke that was hard to catch was Pineco aswell in my Silver. It just kept on selfdestructing :(

ultimo3000
21st December 2009, 3:03 PM
It has to be chansey. No matter how low i got its hp i still couldnt get the thing.

Tiomasta
22nd December 2009, 2:40 AM
It has to be chansey. No matter how low i got its hp i still couldnt get the thing.

Dude, there are many things that are muich harder to catch than Chansey, even excluding legendaries.

Da_impos
22nd December 2009, 2:52 AM
well, when i first started the game, the hardest pokemon was abra,
which i caught with a premier ball :)

but i find gible hard, and beldum is pretty hard too.

Orcy
22nd December 2009, 9:38 AM
in lg and fr chansy was hardest because it ran and if it was in the new "safari zone" then it would be hardest along with tauros but they are now in a route.

beldum however is a swarm so if it faints you just find another or put them to sleep on low health.

i say munchlax because it is impossible to find and it is the pre evolved form of snorlax

disposable_heroes
25th December 2009, 2:58 PM
in lg and fr chansy was hardest because it ran and if it was in the new "safari zone" then it would be hardest along with tauros but they are now in a route.

beldum however is a swarm so if it faints you just find another or put them to sleep on low health.

i say munchlax because it is impossible to find and it is the pre evolved form of snorlax

For Chansey/Tauros: I wholeheartedly agree.
For Beldum: Yes, but since it has a catch rate of 3, it would be like catching Articuno or Giratina, without the extra-powerful moves. But it takes recoil with every Take Down it uses, thus it can faint if you don't use a Ghost-type, and even if you do, there's no Ghost/Rock, Ghost/Ground or Ghost/Steel, so your Pokémon would be taking damage from each turn due to the sandstorm, complicating things even further.
Munchlax: 1% probability of appearing on honey trees. Need I say more?

HappyJuiceStick
25th December 2009, 3:05 PM
Ditto of course! It's hard to find him!

disposable_heroes
25th December 2009, 3:12 PM
Ditto of course! It's hard to find him!

Very true. In FireRed and LeafGreen, Ditto was found in the routes east of Fuchsia City, and it had a very rare chance of appearing. Then, once you find one, you'll have a hard time capturing it, since it only has a 35/255 catch rate.

In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, it was even harder, since you now have to wait for the RNG (Random Number Generator) to pick Ditto when you want to capture it. Then it becomes really tedious trying to find one. In the Trophy Garden in Mr. Backlot's mansion on Route 212, the special Pokémon found there daily after receiving the National Dex have a very low encounter rate.

Recipe for catching: Immediately switch in to a Magikarp, since Transform copies catch rate.

A7X_Slayer
25th December 2009, 6:46 PM
When i was playing Leafgreen I was looking for a Ditto. It took me about 30-50 mins to find him

Connorspace
26th December 2009, 12:36 AM
For me... Its a tie between Spiritomb and Feebas

Catching them's easy.
Finding them isn't...

Tiomasta
26th December 2009, 1:33 AM
When i was playing Leafgreen I was looking for a Ditto. It took me about 30-50 mins to find him

Munchlax. Waaaaay harder to find than Ditto, in any game.

For me... Its a tie between Spiritomb and Feebas

Catching them's easy.
Finding them isn't...

Munchlax wins. Munchlax is harder to find than those two(Spiritomb isn't hard to find o_o), and Munchlax isn't easy to catch, unlike those two.

C'mon, people. The topic says "the hardest", but most posts say stuff like Tauros or Chansey, all of which lose to Munchlax(hardest to find, also not easy to catch) or Beldum(hardest to catch, also not easy to find), and by far.

disposable_heroes
26th December 2009, 2:09 AM
Okay, based on the information I found:

Hardest to find:
1. Munchlax (by a small margin)
2. Feebas

Hardest to catch:
1. Beldum
2. Steelix/Skarmory and many others

Tiomasta
26th December 2009, 4:02 AM
Okay, based on the information I found:

Hardest to find:
1. Munchlax (by a small margin)
2. Feebas

Small margin?
But you can try for a Munchlax like, once per 6 hours or so, and you can try for a Feebas three, four times per minute.

foxyman1167
26th December 2009, 4:37 AM
Munchlax by far, then Feebas, and then Spiritomb (Its easy to catch, but a pain in the *** to find)

Champion Shirona
26th December 2009, 5:34 AM
Munchlax,Feebas,Spritomb whow 2gen in a row.

mattj
26th December 2009, 6:00 AM
Missingno took me forever to catch in R/B. I mean, there's only like 1 patch in the ENTIRE GAME to encounter it in???!!!? And then it screwed up my game?! What'supwiththat?!?!?!!!

tom-tom
26th December 2009, 6:16 AM
feebas hands down

The_Green_Jester
26th December 2009, 7:21 PM
Beldum most certainly. Stupid catch rate of 3.

The_Green_Jester
26th December 2009, 7:23 PM
Beldum most certainly. Stupid catch rate of 3.

shaq-attack
27th December 2009, 3:41 PM
From what I've heard, Beldum.

Orcy
28th December 2009, 10:37 AM
new idea.

all the starters eg chamander, mudkip etc

you cant find them or catch them

Orcy
28th December 2009, 10:39 AM
new idea.

Tiomasta
28th December 2009, 2:50 PM
new idea.

I don't think "impossible" counts as "hard".

And you can, in fact, find and catch a Torchic.

Skull-Kid
28th December 2009, 2:54 PM
Spiritomb.

You can't obtain it naturally without Wi-Fi.

RichRI322
28th December 2009, 11:18 PM
Entei was the hardest for me. I chased him around forever.