PDA

View Full Version : Your first shiny caught in D/P/PL

porygonfan
9th October 2009, 5:45 AM
What was the first shiny you caught? Mine was a female Onix caught on the first day of play. http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/pokepics/new/0095Front_f_shiny.png

miloticsavior
9th October 2009, 5:49 AM
The first one I caught was a Shinny Starly in diamond. Then I started a new game, so its long long gone. I regret little.

dpdude
9th October 2009, 5:55 AM
my first shiny was a shiny bidoof not too long ago in pearl.

javivaldez
9th October 2009, 5:58 AM
mine was a magikarp

mattj
9th October 2009, 6:03 AM
hee hee! My first ever "caught" shiny in like 10 years of playing, ever, was a shiny illumise that I caught while first "calibrating" when I was first learning to RNG!!! It's so ironic that after all these years just before I learn how to RNG shinys I run into and catch my very first shiny! XD

Bank$
9th October 2009, 7:05 AM
Machop while EV training

Luckster
9th October 2009, 9:01 AM
My first shiny that was caught was a Shiny Scyther....I traded it off almost right away cause I hate Scyther. I don't remember what I traded it for....

Blazing Charmander
9th October 2009, 2:23 PM
My first 4th Generation random encounter Shiny was a Starly, which was followed in my next file by a Bidoof. Sadly, I made the rash decision to restart these files without transferring them to somewhere safe. Ah well, I could always chain for them I suppose. Other than these though, my first ever Shiny in this generation was a chained Oddish.

diablo_200525
9th October 2009, 2:55 PM
Well the first shiny i caught in platinum was the noble Darkrai. 8D
Captured about a month ago or so

toge5556
9th October 2009, 3:04 PM
marril! i ran into it, and i almost fainted (like this *o*)

dragon-dark-master
9th October 2009, 3:05 PM
Lickatung, after hours and hour of chaining...

andyhaj
9th October 2009, 4:32 PM
Kricketune is my first and for now the only self caught shiny in 4th gen...

Shining Latios
9th October 2009, 4:34 PM
I think it was a Miltank for me.

Dehydrated
9th October 2009, 4:55 PM
I think it was a Starly. :3

Purplepassion
9th October 2009, 5:10 PM
Piplup, I think....

shadow and jolteon
9th October 2009, 5:13 PM
mines was a tetacruel while i was ev training my blastoise lols!! but my very first shiny i ever was a phyduck in emerald and i was stupid enough to kill it!! i also saw a shiny caterpie in fire red but my pokemon were to strong and i kilt that aswell!! so really only tentacruel.

FlyingFlygon
9th October 2009, 5:30 PM
I can never understand how so many people find shinies. I've been playing since R/B/Y, but I've still never seen a wild shiny, nor one in the battle frontier, from breeding, or from chaining. The only shiny I've ever had is when my friend gave me a shiny stantler.

Lauratheleafeon96
9th October 2009, 5:35 PM
Mine was a beautiful Chingling it was level 22 and it was the most funniest thing eva because i never expected it and since then i have caught over 134 different shinies

Ends With A Bang
9th October 2009, 5:43 PM
Never had one. Makes me feel rather unlucky when I see lots of people posting they've come across one.

RedMage
9th October 2009, 5:59 PM
the first shiny I caught was a Machoke near Celestic Town. I was so happy when I found and I nicknamed it SHINY!!!! out of excitement. It turned out to have a Calm nature,but I still evolved it anyway. I haven't caught a shiny since,but I did hatch a random shiny Charmander.

HookShot
9th October 2009, 11:20 PM
My first, a Geodude in Pearl! Found it in the Oreburgh mine while training my Budew. Now it's a Golem resting safely in my Diamond.

Electric
9th October 2009, 11:27 PM
Ponyta at the route west of Veilstone City, the place where its always raining. That was also my first shiny ever.

RedMoogleXIII
10th October 2009, 3:28 AM
My caught shinys arent that many
I caught a shiny Kricketune in Diamond quite a while ago and today in Platinum I found a shiny Ferrow

Dark Eevee
10th October 2009, 3:30 AM
East Sea Shellos in Diamond.

the elite trainer
10th October 2009, 3:34 AM
Chained a shiny shinx, showed up at chain 5 or something. Caught two others also.

Daimona
10th October 2009, 12:38 PM
My first and only random shiny encounter in 4gen was a Staravia in the trophy garden on diamond.

Had plenty of random encounters with shiny zubats in emerald though.

Poke_Mania97
10th October 2009, 12:40 PM
mine was a shiny female steelix from victory road! It also had double edge and rock head

Birnax
10th October 2009, 12:59 PM
My first shiny was a Lumineon caught in Canalave City.

ガバイト
10th October 2009, 1:01 PM
my very first shiny on Diamond was a shinx (it's kinda common if you ask me) my second was a gible (that secret cave place, took me alot of hours to even encounter it)
since that.. i got no shinys encounter, but im soft resetting for a shiny legendary!

Alex Pt
10th October 2009, 1:06 PM
Mine was a floatzel outside pal park. I was lucky because it's a pretty cool shiny

Dragonite19
10th October 2009, 1:33 PM
Mine was a Fearow. ;022; I remember I had just figured out how the Pokeradar worked. I saw a shiny patch of grass and freaked out. What a great memory! :D

Final
10th October 2009, 1:42 PM
Golbatin Victory Road. It's now a Crobat flying me around.

Ludi-Cola
10th October 2009, 6:20 PM
Quiet f. bidoof on Rt 203 at Lvl 4. Random encounter. This was pretty early in my game so I was happy to have pokeballs on hand!

Xylon Uxkid
10th October 2009, 6:52 PM
My first Shiny was...nobody...I havent seen any yet.

Skull-Kid
10th October 2009, 6:55 PM
My first shiny was a female Nidoran. I found it after about ten minutes of chaining and no it's not a lie.

strike1333
11th October 2009, 2:42 AM
My first shiny was my Shiny Voltorb that I chained for. In my Leaf Green though, I encountered a Shiny Mankey right AFTER I restarted it. Thank God I still had pokeballs =D. I have a total of 7 shinies now, 1 by encounter, and 6 by PokeRadar.

Pokemon-Dratini
11th October 2009, 2:44 AM
my first shiny in Pearl was Mareep

RamOne
11th October 2009, 3:59 PM
I think it was shiny Magikarp, who is now Gyarados. But it's also possible it's Bidoof(now Bibarel), Glameow or Geodude. Don't know anymore, too long ago. I had also a shiny Golbat(caught in Sapphire), but accidentally put it on the GPS(don't remember the name) to see what that was. Stupid, stupid me. *slaps face* I believe I had it on Trade with a Bulbasaur lower than lvl 5. Stupid, stupid me.

MissFrederick
11th October 2009, 4:14 PM
I've never seen or caught a shiny in any Pokemon game I've played. I never have. When the day that I find a shiny comes, I will run around the house screaming 'I caught a Shiny!'

GoodPokemonTrainer121
11th October 2009, 10:27 PM
My first shiny I caught in Diamond was Geodude..

siburke939
12th October 2009, 12:22 AM
random bronzor in diamond - i was getting irritated going through some tunnel on my bike trying to hit ramps & getting stopped all the time (didn't want to use repels) & it just appeared - happy days!

i've traded for quite a few but no luck finding any more myself :(

deoxysdude94
12th October 2009, 12:23 AM
a gastrodon>_< it didnt even look shiny. I only knew because it sparkled.

Birds of Paradise
14th October 2009, 3:37 AM
My first shiny in the 4th gen games was bidoof, and that was from chaining. All of my shinies since have only been from chaining. The only random shinies I have encountered were in crystal and firered.

Lifeline
14th October 2009, 3:40 AM
The first chained shiny I caught was a chatot, and the first random one was a machop.

Philbro
14th October 2009, 3:47 AM
My First shiny was a Abra. I was probebly lucky that it was After i did the elite 4 while i was training some low level pokemon from breeding. Ultra ball managed to catch it *Phew*. If i found it when i just started the game. Put it this way, it would of been hard to catch

Pingouin7
14th October 2009, 3:56 AM
A Shiny Oddish on Route 229.
Female.
Modest nature.
Day right before my birthday.
Best. Day. Ever.

PikaYou
14th October 2009, 3:58 AM
I found a shiny numel but I killed it by accident. O.o But my first shiny gotta be Shiny Sandshrew which I evolved into Sandslash.

clavat
14th October 2009, 5:02 AM
well i caught a machop earlier today, but my first was a pachirisu on diamond a long time ago. someone traded me a shiny seadra over the global trade thing.

Martinzqx
14th October 2009, 5:58 AM
My first shiny was Absol=] completely legit chaining=]

legit FTW!

Shephard922
14th October 2009, 6:19 AM
My first chained shiny in Diamond was a Pikachu at chain 8. Later, I found a shiny Chingling at chain 0 (I actually was trying to chain it too, and the patch didn't sparkle because the chain wasn't started yet). Then I found a male shiny Gastly in the Old Chateau while training a Masuda Method shiny Typhlosion. I'm using the now-Gengar on my team, but it has an Impish nature... Then I found a shiny Buizel while EV training at the Valley Windworks, Modest nature and female...

boyben10
14th October 2009, 6:22 AM
I've never caught a shiny, but i've seen a shiny darkrai, but I accidentally killed it by sending out my magmortar with flame body which killed it by burning it.

Midnightkitsune
14th October 2009, 7:22 AM
golduck yesterday
without poke radar plus he had pokerus

gamerdude123
14th October 2009, 5:36 PM
i found a shiny shellos i had no pokeball i was sad

GalladeRocks
14th October 2009, 11:39 PM
In Platinum, I found a Shiny Gloom in the tall grass north of the Resort Area. I was only training my Chimchar, and all of a sudden this Gloom pops up. It took me about 20 minutes and (I think) 13 Ultra Balls and 3 Dusk Balls to catch. Now, it is a Shiny Bellossom and my most proudly displayed Pokemon. I've only ever seen one other Shiny Pokemon, and that was in Crystal.