[4] Uxie (Legends Awakened)

Trainer Cards
-20-
[4] Buck's Training
[4] Poke' Healer+
[4] Warp Point
[4] Bebe's Search
[2] Miasma Valley

Nidoking is my favorite Pokemon, with Nidoqueen in close second, so I thought "why not make a Nido-Deck for my triumphant return to the PKMN TCG?" So, I looked up the legal tourney formats, along with the most recent sets, and got my happy self to work.

Okay, quick breakdown.

This deck is a basic Beatdown, with some poisonous undertones. Meaning my main purpose is slapping some face and poisoning some bodies. Warp Point, Cyclone Energy and Nidoking's Poison Rub attack spread the toxic-y goodness around, while Nidoqueen's Poke'Body and Poke'Healer+ keep my poke's alive to poison again.

Miasma Valley is good for a little extra damage, allowing me to take out basics before they become a threat.

Buck's Training is one of my favorite supporters of all time, fusing PlusPower with the almighty BILL of old. Nidorina, Nidoran (M), Buck's Training, Bebe's Search and Uxie allow me to thin my deck/search for Evolutions, since Elm's Training Method isn't legal anymore T.T

Nidoran (F) and Call Energy allow me to set up my board, as well as thin my deck.

-T/K

Lucario_X_Froslass
13th October 2009, 7:40 PM
XD Royalty with the SW and MT versions? Fail. Get the RR versions of each. Then it'll be better. Thin the Energy a bit, and add more trainers.

~L_X_F

TenteiKarite
13th October 2009, 8:46 PM
XD Royalty with the SW and MT versions? Fail. Get the RR versions of each. Then it'll be better. Thin the Energy a bit, and add more trainers.

~L_X_F
I'm not really a fan of the RR versions of these pokes, especially not the Basics and stage-1s.

The only one I'd really consider using is Nidoqueen.

-T/K

Lucario_X_Froslass
13th October 2009, 10:50 PM
>.>; Why not? They're superior to the ones you're using. XP Nidoqueen PWNs, and the Nidoking isn't as great as the 'Queen, but...yeah. It'll be better than the ones you have... And the basics and stage ones are better for the 'King 'cuz they have nice, better, faster attacks. Nidoran (f) MT for Call for Family, and the Nidorina MT for Rescue, as you should probably know... XP Wutever. And you should add in more trainers.

~L_X_F

TenteiKarite
14th October 2009, 7:24 AM
>.>; Why not? They're superior to the ones you're using. XP Nidoqueen PWNs, and the Nidoking isn't as great as the 'Queen, but...yeah. It'll be better than the ones you have... And the basics and stage ones are better for the 'King 'cuz they have nice, better, faster attacks. Nidoran (f) MT for Call for Family, and the Nidorina MT for Rescue, as you should probably know... XP Wutever. And you should add in more trainers.

~L_X_F
Already modified the Poke'mon Lineup. I'll test the Male Nidos as I have them now (not really looking to splice Fighting in for the 2 NidoKing)

What trainers would you recommend, and where?

-T/K

Shadow Eeveelution
14th October 2009, 8:37 AM
Put Claydols or Uxie..in there..trust me...they need it

TenteiKarite
14th October 2009, 8:23 PM
Put Claydols or Uxie..in there..trust me...they need it
Um... Which ones?
I know that an experienced player probably wouldn't have to ask, but I'm just getting back in, and as far as I know, there are a TON of Uxie. Claydol maybe not so mcuh, but I'd still like to know which one you're referring to.
Also, which Baltoy should I use, if you're not talking about a PKMN SP?

-T/K

Lucario_X_Froslass
14th October 2009, 10:50 PM
They're staples in good competitive decks, and as you're a new player, you MOST LIKELY wouldn't have any. >.>; BTW, they're the ones from LA (Uxie) and GE (Claydol).

~L_X_F

Poke_Mania97
16th October 2009, 8:43 PM
to be honrst i dont like the deck,. this is cause i dot like those pokemon(the nido family are alright). Hey i jst dont like them casue i just dont. it still is prbaly good

Poke_Mania97
16th October 2009, 8:44 PM
and where is the LV X'S AND Ex's? Get a mewtwo lv x or gallade 4 or gardevoir x

Excitable Boy
16th October 2009, 8:54 PM

Ignore him.

You don't need a Level X to have a good deck.

What you do need are some good Trainers and Supporters. You've got a good start, but try some Bebe's Searches and some Roseanne's Researches. You can find them in packs of Mysterious Treasures and Secret Wonders. Bebes also come in Rising Rivals (I think) and Rosies in POP 8 packs. You should also use some Rare Candies and Broken Time-Spaces to speed up evolution, which can be found in Great Encounters and POP 8 packs and Platinum, respectively.

Miasma Valley is another good card from Platinum that could be used to add some damage to your opposition's Bench, but isn't required. You should also add more of your final Nidos.

To make room for these, take out a few of your Psychic Energies, your Quick Balls, and a couple of Bucks.

Warp Point can also work instead of Moonlight Stadium, since it helps disrupt your opponent's Bench. It's found in Diamond and Pearl and Majestic Dawn, as well as a bunch of old sets.

TenteiKarite
17th October 2009, 7:29 AM
They're staples in good competitive decks, and as you're a new player, you MOST LIKELY wouldn't have any. >.>; BTW, they're the ones from LA (Uxie) and GE (Claydol).

~L_X_F
Thank you for that. I'll look into fitting a couple of either one in. I'm not really too fond of Toxicroak anyway, except that it helps keep stuff poisoned.

to be honrst i dont like the deck,. this is cause i dot like those pokemon(the nido family are alright). Hey i jst dont like them casue i just dont. it still is prbaly good
Ugh, why did you find it necessary to rape the English language with this post? Telling me that my deck is bad because you don't like the Poke'mon themselves, as opposed to not liking it because I used sub-par card choices, is kinda stupid.

Ignore him.

You don't need a Level X to have a good deck.

What you do need are some good Trainers and Supporters. You've got a good start, but try some Bebe's Searches and some Roseanne's Researches. You can find them in packs of Mysterious Treasures and Secret Wonders. Bebes also come in Rising Rivals (I think) and Rosies in POP 8 packs. You should also use some Rare Candies and Broken Time-Spaces to speed up evolution, which can be found in Great Encounters and POP 8 packs and Platinum, respectively.

Miasma Valley is another good card from Platinum that could be used to add some damage to your opposition's Bench, but isn't required. You should also add more of your final Nidos.

To make room for these, take out a few of your Psychic Energies, your Quick Balls, and a couple of Bucks.

Warp Point can also work instead of Moonlight Stadium, since it helps disrupt your opponent's Bench. It's found in Diamond and Pearl and Majestic Dawn, as well as a bunch of old sets.

Phew. That's kind of a relief, since I'm not really a fan of the whole LV.X mechanic anyway.

Surprisingly enough, I was thinking about a lot of those trainers as I was building this. I guess my thought process was anchored in the old-school Poke'mon TCG, where about 20-22 Energy was standard >.<

I'll get to work on that right away, but I think I'll keep my 4 Buck's Training in because I foresee it wrecking massive amounts of face in the near future.

-T/K

Poke_Mania97
17th October 2009, 11:51 AM
ahh :S1 sorry! if u dont want it then u dont wwant it! no need to go all bad on me. im sorry for whatever ive done! yeesh! and please dont use the word "Rape". this is a very bad world and makes me believe that u have bee brought up badly(which u have not). and im english anyway so dont be like that! m laptop is kinda slow when typing which is why it comes ut wrong! eg. pokemon goes like okemonp

Poke_Mania97
17th October 2009, 11:53 AM
if u want u should get a Gallade 4 from the theme deck. or if u can get a gallade from Sw with the family which may take long so dont. so i woud ust get Gallade 4 plus u get more psycic and i thin fight energy...

Poke_Mania97
17th October 2009, 11:56 AM
and i guess i agree with "a person". i didnt have any lv xs i my first deck back in 1997-1999(when i was a baby and then when i was 2)! was champ and i still am!

Excitable Boy
17th October 2009, 5:53 PM
If you don't mind having to use Fighting Energies or Multi Energy in your deck, RR Nidoking is a more powerful and more reliable option than the Secret Wonders one. I would at least try one of them in your deck, to see how you like it. Territoriality in particular works well with Miasma Valley.

Poke_Mania97
17th October 2009, 8:43 PM
maybe get a mewtwo LA. this is an alright card that is usefull or if you are seeking for lots of fight/psycic energy get cutting Edge theme deck and like i said b4 use Gallade 4 it is an alright and sustainable cards

Poke_Mania97
17th October 2009, 8:45 PM
and yer nidoking from rr is better than sw version, it has a poke power/poke body

Excitable Boy
17th October 2009, 11:33 PM
maybe get a mewtwo LA. this is an alright card that is usefull or if you are seeking for lots of fight/psycic energy get cutting Edge theme deck and like i said b4 use Gallade 4 it is an alright and sustainable cards

and yer nidoking from rr is better than sw version, it has a poke power/poke body

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you have utterly no clue what you are talking about, which you don't, then shut your claptrap.

Poke Powers or Bodies do not instantly make one Pokemon superior to another.

Poke_Mania97
18th October 2009, 9:51 AM
Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you have utterly no clue what you are talking about, which you don't, then shut your claptrap.

Poke Powers or Bodies do not instantly make one Pokemon superior to another.

what have i done to you? dont be rude im just trying to give my opinion and minor help which is what you do here. If my advice isnt good then fine dont listen to me just read through posts and ssee ifi will have ood advice. so please dont be rude

Shadow Eeveelution
18th October 2009, 6:57 PM
what have i done to you? dont be rude im just trying to give my opinion and minor help which is what you do here. If my advice isnt good then fine dont listen to me just read through posts and ssee ifi will have ood advice. so please dont be rude

You not even giving a proper advice for this deck...

You forget some of the most important card for a deck

Roseanne's Research (SW/P8)
Nigh M (MT/SW/P8) or Palmer (SV) or Pokemon Rescue

Excitable Boy
18th October 2009, 7:33 PM
For the sake of arguing, these are all of the posts that you made in the thread.

Not helpful in the slightest.

Not required.

ahh :S1 sorry! if u dont want it then u dont wwant it! no need to go all bad on me. im sorry for whatever ive done! yeesh! and please dont use the word "Rape". this is a very bad world and makes me believe that u have bee brought up badly(which u have not). and im english anyway so dont be like that! m laptop is kinda slow when typing which is why it comes ut wrong! eg. pokemon goes like okemonp

if u want u should get a Gallade 4 from the theme deck. or if u can get a gallade from Sw with the family which may take long so dont. so i woud ust get Gallade 4 plus u get more psycic and i thin fight energy...

Makes no sense when considering the main strategy of the deck.

and i guess i agree with "a person". i didnt have any lv xs i my first deck back in 1997-1999(when i was a baby and then when i was 2)! was champ and i still am!

Champ, you say? I would hardly consider those two decks you made back in July "champ" decks.

"Alright card that is usefull" and "alright and sustainable cards" can hardly be considered good reasons to use a card.

Like I said, entirely false.

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm only trying to say that no advice is better than bad advice, which you seem to be giving, considering this mountain of evidence. The reason I'm doing this because while I may be able to ignore your advice because I know it's bad, other people believe you.

And I would think that most people would hardly consider my advice to be "minor help".

TenteiKarite
19th October 2009, 5:32 AM
And I would think that most people would hardly consider my advice to be "minor help".
I agree. Totally ended up reworking the deck based on your suggestions. I like the way it looks better now, despite Uxie not being one of my favorite (or even liked at all) Poke'mon.

Thanks.

Anybody else got anything to say?

-T/K

Shadow Eeveelution
19th October 2009, 6:08 AM
-18-
[4] Call Energy
[4] Cyclone Energy
[8] Psychic Energy
[2] Fighting Energy

Pokemon Cards
-22-
[1] Nidoking (Secret Wonders
[2] Nidoking (Rising Rivals)
[3] Nidorino (Secret Wonders)
[3] Nidoran-M (Secret Wonders)
[3] Nidoqueen (Rising Rivals)
[1] Nidoqueen (Secret Wonders)
[3] Nidorina (Mysterious Treasures)
[4] Nidoran-F (Mysterious Treasures)
[2] Uxie (Legends Awakened)

Trainer Cards
-20-
[3] Buck's Training
[4] Poke' Healer+
[3] Warp Point
[3] Bebe's Search
[1] Miasma Valley
[3] Roseanned
[1] BTS
[2] Super Scoop Up

Poke_Mania97
19th October 2009, 5:59 PM
For the sake of arguing, these are all of the posts that you made in the thread.

Not required.

Makes no sense when considering the main strategy of the deck.

Champ, you say? I would hardly consider those two decks you made back in July "champ" decks.

"Alright card that is usefull" and "alright and sustainable cards" can hardly be considered good reasons to use a card.

Like I said, entirely false.

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm only trying to say that no advice is better than bad advice, which you seem to be giving, considering this mountain of evidence. The reason I'm doing this because while I may be able to ignore your advice because I know it's bad, other people believe you.

at least i said i was sorry in one of the posts. fine but pleas dont make fn out of my decks. on of them was sort of bad... but the other one is good to me and has one all my battles. you have no right to say my other deck is bad(my good deck). its not nice. ive worked hard making that. made it to show my grandad so he can see ive put lots of effort and congratulate me. so please dont diss my decks. i will agree my other advice is bad.
and when i say "champ" i mean champ of my year group. i know i wont be the best but thanx fr really putting me down more.

Poke_Mania97
19th October 2009, 6:00 PM
You not even giving a proper advice for this deck...

You forget some of the most important card for a deck

Roseanne's Research (SW/P8)
Nigh M (MT/SW/P8) or Palmer (SV) or Pokemon Rescue

very true i have both one of each

TenteiKarite
1st November 2009, 5:03 PM
Okay... Back on topic please!

Any more suggestions?

-T/K

Lucario_X_Froslass
4th November 2009, 7:42 PM
>.>

<.<

^.^

v.v

No more complaining?

Okay. Here's how I'd run Royalty.

Pokemon: 24
2 Nidoking RR
1 Nidoking SW
2 Nidorino w/e set is good...
3 Nidoran (m) w/e set is good... (I'll just skip the set for the ones I dunno)
3 Nidoqueen RR
(IDK wut the SW does, but if it's good, take out a RR for one...)
2 Nidorina
4 Nidoran (f) SW
2 Claydol GE
2 Baltoy GE
2 Unown G
1 Azelf LA

Trainers: 22
4 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
1 Lucian's Assignment
2 Broken Time-Space
1 Luxury Ball
4 PokeDex
4 Rare Candy
1 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance

Energy: 14
4 Call Energy
3 Upper Energy
7 (In a combo of Fighting and Psychic Energy depending on the Energy requirements, 'cuz I've never and am not going to check.)

PokeDex helps speed, so that's nice. This deck is a bit slow, so let your opponent get a KO to gain mileage with Upper Energy. Just set up like crazy while they do. It also penalizes your opponent when they attack when you have Nidoking out, and Nidoqueen negates any hit that does 20 or less.

~L_X_F

Teleri(Squirtle)
13th November 2009, 8:21 PM
I Really like this Deck, I am new to this but it looks really well thought out.
I really like it.
I have been curius about making decks and I am a bit to used to the old format...
the deck I made is about hitting hard then hiding so this has a nice contrast.
if there were marks out of ten i would give this an eleven... XD
I'm not a bit Nidoking/NidoQueen fan but I like this...

Teleri;007;