PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon genders and Dungeon floors.

DarkerShining
14th October 2009, 2:09 PM
In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness, you may have noticed that all Pokemon you encounter on a dungeon floor all seem to be the same gender?

Well, on odd numbered dungeon floors the pokemon will always be male, (with the exception of the female only and genderless pokemon) while the pokemon on even numbered dungeon floors will always be female. (with the exception of male only and genderless pokemon)

Also, this also applies for clients of missions and Pokemon that hatch from eggs. If you remember what floor the mission takes place on, you can easily guess what gender the pokemon you're about to recruit will be.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows if this applies for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Sky as well?

Eeveefreak
17th October 2009, 5:45 PM
I had sort of noticed/not noticed that about Time/Darkness, personally. I'd noticed from time to time a sort of 'gee I'm seeing a lot of male pokemon, and I want to recruit a female x...' but I'd never linked it to floors of a dungeon.

Observational evidence does seem to indicate this holds true in Sky as well, after watching while going through a few dungeons. Good to know, and I'll certainly be keeping it in mind in the future.

Sceptrigon
18th October 2009, 3:12 AM
I think I also noticed something about the Starlys I was trying to recruit in Mt. Bristle. I was trying to find a male Starly to compare sprites to a female I recruited. The thing was, that I kept seeing female Starly and NO male Starly =o

I dont remember the floor number though, you might be on to something cool (and/or wierd), EeveeandKirliafan. I dunno if this will also happen similarly to Sky, I dont have the game yet.

toge5556
18th October 2009, 3:18 AM
wow good note.

DarkerShining
18th October 2009, 11:27 AM
Actually, this isn't the first thread I've made about this, I made one back in 2008 shortly after I had made this discovery to check if anyone else had noticed this. I'm glad I made this discovery since most of the pokemon I recruit are ones that join you as the reward for finishing a mission and those who hatch from eggs, and I like to give my pokemon nicknames... So yeah.

The only time I was wrong was when I got a male Burmy from an egg that I received on the 18th floor (I think) of a dungeon, presumably because the only pokemon related to Burmy in that dungeon was Mothim, Burmy's male only evolution.