PDA

View Full Version : ~The Hoenn Club ~

Nidoprince
14th October 2009, 7:33 PM
Welcome to the Hoenn club, the club of all things Hoenn. I'm the owner of this club, Nidoprince. Lets start off with some rules, shall we?

~Rules~

#1: Absolutely positively no one liners! If you don't have anything else to say in your post, reply to a topic or start a new one, I don't care, just do more than just one line. I know you have more to say than just one line of words :)

#2: Only post about Hoenn and 3d generation stuff. That means no HGSS stuff in here. You can however talk about RSE remakes and what you want in them, etc., but you can't reveal any news about it until it is officially announced.

#3: Be active. What's the point of being in a club if you don't discuss? That's what I thought. If you haven't been on for a while, I'll drop you from the club.

#4: No chatspeak WHAT SO EVER! At least try and have good grammar. You learned it/are learning it in school people. I'm sure you don't write stuff down like this for an essay: Lyke, OMG, da dinos got extinkd bc of lyke, a mteor!

#5: There will be co-owners, but if you ask to be co-owner, not only will you get a strike, but you will never be able to be co-owner.

#6: Only post here if you're a member or you want to be a member. If you reply to a topic when your asking to be a member to avoid a one-liner, that's fine, but don't randomly reply to a topic.

#7: Don't be rude to anyone. Try and be nice and don't start flame wars.

#8: If you want to join, have HOENN FOREVER including all caps in your post. Also say why you like Hoenn and want to join.

#9: No double posts. Have something else to say? Edit the post.

~Fan Art~

None yet, but I do art in general, so I'll post some stuff here when I feel like it.

~Members~

Nidoprince-Member

~Topics~

What do you want in the possible RSE remakes?
What was your favorite starter from Hoenn?
What is your favorite Pokemon from Hoenn?
Why is Hoenn your favorite region?
What was your favorite 3d generation legendary?
Who was your favorite Pokemon Special character from the RSE series?
What was your favorite 3d generation season in the anime?

Feel free to make up a topic, and make sure to use spoiler tags when needed.

~Strikes and Bans~

None yet. Good, lets not wreck the flow.

About strikes and bans:

3 strikes=1 week ban
6 strikes=1 month ban
8 strikes=Banned forever

And the strikes stay on you, but just because I'm nice, I'll keep track of the strikes myself and not humiliate you. If you are a co-owner, this is how it goes:

3 strikes=Not a co-owner anymore
6 strikes=1 week ban
8 strikes=1 month ban
10 strikes=Banned forever

Alright people, thanks for taking a look! Hoenn forever~

damonchedder12
16th October 2009, 7:36 PM
HOENN FOREVER i would like to join because hoenn is my favorite region and i want to know what other people have found in hoenn.So can i join

Shining-Platinum
16th October 2009, 8:55 PM
HOENN FOREVER

I want to join becuase Pokemon Sapphire was my first 'proper' pokemon game, as it was the first pokemon game which I did not borrow from family/friends.
Hoenn is home to my all time favourite pokemon, namely Surskit and Torchic
Heonn itself is very evotic than the regions before it (Johto and Kanto) because it has volcanoes, deserts and bigger oceans, etc. Heonn was also very aesthetically pleasing to me and it's music was top notch too :D
R/S/E had the best story around it, especially Emerald with the fight of Kyogre and Groudon. It had more storyline than the previous generations and the storylines were more enjoyable.
On a final note, Hoenn should be remembered for what it actually gave us: more graphical changes (in-battle and overworld), pokemon contests (which seem to be dropped in favour of the Pokethlon :(), some pretty cools pokemon and MANY MORE! :D

Nidoprince
16th October 2009, 9:06 PM
Wow, I thought this didn't get approved. Well, lucky us! :D

You're all accepted, but I just want damon to remember that you have to at least try and have good grammar and no one liners.

I actually think the contests weren't great, and the Pokethlon looks like it's better, but other than that, Hoenn was great.

Hoenn is home to some of my favorites as well, such as Exploud, Swampert, and more.

Oh yea, and I have a new topic to put up. Here it is:

What was your LEAST favorite starter from Hoenn?

Treeko. Torchic was pretty good, and Mudkip was awesome, but I actually never finished Sapphire because of him. I'm not very good with him is all.

EDIT: I can't edit the first post with my new topic, so it will be added when the error is fixed.

Shadow XD001
16th October 2009, 10:55 PM
HOENN FOREVER

Hey, Nido-prince! Hoenn is one my favorite regions! My first game was Sapphire and that was about the Hoenn Region! Compared to the Johto (excluding HG/SS) and the Kanto games the R/S/E graphics had dramatically improved and there was also double battles and Emerald had one of the best story lines. (Second to Platinum) I also like in Emerald how it's like a combination of Ruby and Sapphire with Kyogre and Groudon both in it and you can choose either Latios or Latias.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Nidoprince
17th October 2009, 3:09 AM
(Hi, Shadow)Accepted! I can't believe I'm not the only one who had a 3d generation game that came first! I thought I was the newest Pokemon fan out there, but boy was I wrong! I think the graphics in general improved a lot through the trainer games, except the jump from RBY to GSC. Seriously, it was just an improvement with the color. But the GSC jump to RSE and the RSE jump to DPPt were great. And yea, Emerald is like my favorite Pokemon game. The game is cool, it's got a huge Battle Frontier, and the main boy character is awesome and has a normal sized head.

Shining-Platinum
17th October 2009, 11:09 AM

Dare I say it, but Torchic. It was my first starter of Sapphire, mainly because I liked fire type starters in the games before. I loved it. Beat all the gym leaders with it's fire/fighting combo and even beat Steven with a breeze with it. However, I then started to think it was TOO overrated. All my inexperienced friends were like: "OMGOMGOMG FIRE RULZZZ!!!111 IT PWNS ALL!" I then slowly turned away from fire starters (and Blaziken). In my opinion, fire starters are used when you don't want a challenge in the games, but hey, that's me.
Treecko and Mudkip are fine with me. :D

junpearl63
17th October 2009, 11:21 AM
HOENN FOREVER

I always love Hoenn region, because my first ever pokemon game was pokemon ruby. Beside, hoenn pokemon rocks! And, of course, Hoenn region have a lot of surfing area, and I love it <3 The male and female potagonist look cool too. Especially brendan....and I'm in love with Wally (poor guy, seems like everyone in the forum hate him...)

I have to say Torchic. I like all of them, but Torchic is pretty decent....

I will work on the club banner later.

Shadow XD001
17th October 2009, 1:05 PM
Thank you fro accepting me, Nido-prince! (how could you not? I made you ca Co Owner in my Zelda Club!)

Anyway, yeah I got Sapphire in 2004 and I was only 7 and now I'm 12. I also have Ruby and Emerald as well. That's the only Generation where I have all the games for it (Trainer ones not PMD ones) because my brother gets the opposite as me.

I don't really play Saphhire and I keep starting new games, but my Emerald and Ruby files are permanent. I'm trying to see all Pok&#233;mon in Ruby and it's going good.

Well, to be good of course. Also, to not be like HG/SS because of Groudon and Kyogre. There's not really much to say about it.

My favorite starter is Torchic. I just love fir types. I can beat the game with a Mudkip, but never Treecko (except in my first Sapphire file) and I just have more fun always having a Blaziken in the end and not a Swampert as the starter.

Bossk
17th October 2009, 3:45 PM
HOENN FOREVER

I like Hoenn because it has some of my favorite Pokemon and I LOVED the games.

Also, they won't be making RSE remakes anytime soon. They;re already working on Quartz and Topaz, which I will ignore

new topic!

What was your Hoenn party?

Mine was

Sceptile
Swellow
Crawdaunt/Walreign
Salamence
Flygon
Seviper

Nidoprince
17th October 2009, 4:30 PM

Dare I say it, but Torchic. It was my first starter of Sapphire, mainly because I liked fire type starters in the games before. I loved it. Beat all the gym leaders with it's fire/fighting combo and even beat Steven with a breeze with it. However, I then started to think it was TOO overrated. All my inexperienced friends were like: "OMGOMGOMG FIRE RULZZZ!!!111 IT PWNS ALL!" I then slowly turned away from fire starters (and Blaziken). In my opinion, fire starters are used when you don't want a challenge in the games, but hey, that's me.
Treecko and Mudkip are fine with me. :D

HOENN FOREVER

I always love Hoenn region, because my first ever pokemon game was pokemon ruby. Beside, hoenn pokemon rocks! And, of course, Hoenn region have a lot of surfing area, and I love it <3 The male and female potagonist look cool too. Especially brendan....and I'm in love with Wally (poor guy, seems like everyone in the forum hate him...)

I have to say Torchic. I like all of them, but Torchic is pretty decent....

I will work on the club banner later.

New member alert! junpearl63 is...in! What's with all the Torchic hate? I had it in Emerald, but even though it was pretty good, I have to say I hate all of those Fire-Fighting combos they do with Infernape and Blaziken. Not to mention they have simular base stats. It WAS decent, because when I got Ruby and chose Mudkip, I was horrible at Pokemon, so the moveset for Swampert (AKA: Zania. Random name XD) in the E4 was Water Gun, Mud Slap, Take Down, and Muddy Water. I beat it on my first try, which means Mudkip is excellent. Oh yea, thanks for wanting to make a club banner. Guess you and I are the artists of the clubs!

Thank you fro accepting me, Nido-prince! (how could you not? I made you ca Co Owner in my Zelda Club!)

Anyway, yeah I got Sapphire in 2004 and I was only 7 and now I'm 12. I also have Ruby and Emerald as well. That's the only Generation where I have all the games for it (Trainer ones not PMD ones) because my brother gets the opposite as me.

I don't really play Saphhire and I keep starting new games, but my Emerald and Ruby files are permanent. I'm trying to see all Pok&#233;mon in Ruby and it's going good.

Well, to be good of course. Also, to not be like HG/SS because of Groudon and Kyogre. There's not really much to say about it.

My favorite starter is Torchic. I just love fir types. I can beat the game with a Mudkip, but never Treecko (except in my first Sapphire file) and I just have more fun always having a Blaziken in the end and not a Swampert as the starter.

Haha, when I saw your username on your post, I figured you would follow the rules, since your a club owner yourself. Wow, your the only one who has Torchic as a favorite. Anyway, I hope the RSE remakes are good as well, and that they use a new graphic style. Because by then the 5th generation will be out (if it comes).

HOENN FOREVER

I like Hoenn because it has some of my favorite Pokemon and I LOVED the games.

Also, they won't be making RSE remakes anytime soon. They;re already working on Quartz and Topaz, which I will ignore

new topic!

Mine was

Sceptile
Swellow
Crawdaunt/Walreign
Salamence
Flygon
Seviper

Quartz and Topaz? Are you sure those aren't fake games? Where did you hear about this? Anyway, you're in the club! Also, like I said to Shadow, that they will come out after the 5th generation, but since this club is about Hoenn, we can go as far ahead as we want in time. We can even talk about the remake of the remake of RSE :D I can't remember my Hoenn parties. I really didn't have much of a party in those times, just my starter and me.

EDIT: I can't edit my first post with all the members because of an error, so I'll just wait until it gets fixed...unless I have to tell someone about it. I have no idea :(

Mr. Joker
17th October 2009, 4:46 PM
Hija, can I please join? All I have to say about Hoenn is HOENN FOREVER <333.

Hoenn has to be my second favorite place in the Poke-World (Johto is the first babys). I loved the Hoenn Games although I didn't like the plots as much, I really thought that they could have been better! *Looks over at all my Hoenn Fics* My second favorite Legendary is from Hoenn, Jarachi!

Better story with both Team Aqua and Magma and the Regis, Regigigas please?
Treeco, I mean seriously, he is awsome in every way. He even helps you with Car Insurence -runs-
Probably Jarachi
Um.... it isn't..... It's my second...
Jarachi or Latios
Who was your favorite Pokemon Special character from the RSE series?
Flannery <333 or Steven!
What was your favorite 3d generation season in the anime?
Battle Frontier!

-Mr. J

GolemGuy
17th October 2009, 5:10 PM
HOENN FOREVER

THANK YOU Nidoprince for making this club. Hoenn is my all-time favorite region, of course, and I see no reason why people hate it SO MUCH.

Naturally, I want all 4th/5th Gen evolutions to move in. I also want Regigigas back, and Secret Bases. Put in someway to go to another region, Johto, probably, so the fanboys won't whine, and put more islands in the sea and turn them into a Sevii Island sort of thing. Also, put in a new rival character.

I...have no clue. Swampert wins in power, and is almost equal in design, but Sceptile gives me much nostaligia.

ARGH you have to ask me this. Well, either Sceptile, Swampert, or Rayquaza.

Best selection of Native Pokemon. Second to none. Actually going through the main adventure was so pleasing an adventure, and it was fun completing your Pokedex, unlike the other games. And it gives you a reward, a Johto starter. Oh yes, Battle Frontier, which is much better than Johto's/Sinnoh's.

Rayquaza. It was the only Legend I've ever actually used through the main game, and it has a wicked design as well. Although Hoenn legends in general are awesome: I have used/am planning to use every one of them.

Torchic. Not only is it not as awesome as Mudkip/Treecko, but my usage of it in Emerald was...not that good.

Past:

Ruby 1

Lv. 77 Sceptile
Lv. 50 Mawille
Lv. >50 Golem
Lv. 50 Skarmory
Lv. 50 Sharpedo (caught at Mossdeep)
Lv. >50 Hariyama (caught at Victory Road)
Used early in the game, forgot later Lv. 17 Gulpin

Emerald

Lv. 50 Blaziken
Lv. 50 Pelliper
Lv. 50 Breloom
Lv. 50 Golem
Lv. 50 Magneton
Lv. >77 Rayquaza

Ruby 2

Lv. >50 Swampert
Lv. 50 Shiftry
Lv. 42 Gardevoir (used early, swapped out later)
Lv. >50 Hariyama
Lv. 50 Aggron
Lv. 50 Manectric
Lv. >50 Altaria

Sapphire 1 (did not complete)

Sceptile
Swellow
Camerupt
Armaldo
Manectric
Sharpedo

Sapphire 2 (still in process)

Swampert
Lombre/Ludicolo
Pelliper
Tentacruel
Sharpedo
Staryu/Starmie (could replace with Lanturn, Walrein, or Relicanth)

Ruby 3 (still in process)

Lv. 26 Linoone
Lv. 25 Swellow
Lv. 25 Vigoroth
Lv. 25 Loudred
Boxed Lv. 25 Delcatty
Lv. 25 Spinda
Lv. 25 Zangoose

(could replace any of these with Kecleon, Castform, or Girafarig)

Kecleoshrew
17th October 2009, 5:46 PM
HOENN FOREVER

I would like to join, as Hoenn was my second favourite region, and many of my Favourite Pokemon were from Hoenn too.

Hm, i think that i would like to see new movesest for some of the Pokemon, as some of them had not very good Movepools. i would also like to see the Daylight System in Hoen

I remember, when i played Saphire, i loved Kyogre because it had a good move pool, and it had good stats, and it looked just plain awesome :D

Kecleon, thats my favourite Pokemon overall.

pikadude43
17th October 2009, 6:04 PM
HOENN FOREVER
it has the best legendary pokemon
and a good storyline

Nidoprince
17th October 2009, 6:26 PM
All above are accepted. I still wish I could edit my first post. Oh what to do, what to do...but oh well.

My favorite 3d generation Pokemon is Exploud. Why? Because he's got pipes, he's loud, and he has good colors. Purple and Yellow make eachother stand out (Did you know that? Art always surprises me ^_^).

Hoenn is my favorite region, but it doesn't have my absolute favorite Pokemon in it. *Points to avatar and sig* But, a lot of my other lower-class favorites are in Hoenn.(Exploud, Glalie, Swampert, Marshtomp, etc.)

pikadude43
17th October 2009, 6:52 PM
What do you want in the possible RSE remakes? The storyline having something to do with mirage island

What was your favorite starter from Hoenn?Treecko i just think it is well designed

What is your favorite Pokemon from Hoenn? Corphish

Why is Hoenn your favorite region? the pokemon were all awsome

What was your favorite 3d generation legendary? Groudon just looked cool

pikadude43
17th October 2009, 6:54 PM
What do you want in the possible RSE remakes? The storyline having something to do with mirage island

What was your favorite starter from Hoenn?Treecko i just think it is well designed

What is your favorite Pokemon from Hoenn? Corphish

Why is Hoenn your favorite region? the pokemon were all awsome

What was your favorite 3d generation legendary? Groudon just looked cool

Kecleoshrew
17th October 2009, 7:04 PM

This was my team when i got saphire (just after i beat the E4)

Blaziken lvl82 - Manetric lvl79 - Walrein lvl78 - Kecleon lvl74 - Kyogre lvl77 - Hariyama lvl72

Nidoprince
17th October 2009, 7:18 PM
^That's a cool team. That has some of my favorites in it, namely Walrein and Hariyama. My favorite Hoenn legendary is either one of the Regis or Rayquaza.

Pikadude43, please don't double post. I understand it was an accident, but it's pointless to have two posts in a row that say the same thing. Thanks :)

Kecleoshrew
17th October 2009, 7:33 PM
Sorry, random fact: The regi's (except Regigigas) arent legendaries, as there are about five of each.

Torchic, as it was a Blaziken before i got my 2nd Badge

pikadude43
17th October 2009, 7:35 PM
sorry bout the double post

kecleo what do you mean five of each ?

Kecleoshrew
17th October 2009, 8:03 PM
well, there are 5 Registeel, 5 Regirock etc

heres a topic:
What was your favourite town or city in Hoenn?
slateprt city, as its just like the town i live in

GolemGuy
17th October 2009, 8:25 PM
What was your favourite town or city in Hoenn?

It used to be Mauville, as I always ended up flying there somehow. Then it changed to Mossdeep. Now it's firmly Rustboro.

Oh, and there's actually two of each Regi minus Regigigas. The Hoenn ones, and the Sinnoh ones.

And by that same logic...

-Legendary birds aren't legends (Kanto games, XD, Platinum, HG/SS)
-Legendary dogs aren't legends (Colo, FR/LG, HG/SS)
-Lugia isn't a legend (FRLGE event, XD, HG/SS)
-Ho-oh isn't a legend (FRLGE event, Colo, HG/SS)
-Lati@s isn't a legend (RSE, HGSS)
-Groudon isn't a legend (RSE, HGSS)
-Kyogre isn't a legend (RSE, HGSS)
-Rayquaza isn't a legend (RSE, PR, HGSS)
-Dragon trio isn't a legend (All 4th Gen)
-Darkrai isn't a legend (D/P/Pt, SoA)

Nidoprince
17th October 2009, 8:30 PM
It's fine pikadude, just take action :D

I think of the Regis as legendaries even though you get a bunch of them.

What was your favorite town or city in Hoenn?

Fortree city, that's where my secret base is...oops!

Plusle+Minun
17th October 2009, 8:40 PM
HOENN FOREVER

o.O Actually, Sinnoh is my favorite reigon, but Hoenn's episodes of anime I like the best. Besides, all the comics that I like to read are Hoenn-based. My favorite Hoenn pokemon would be Milotic. I know, I am so over-using.

Nidoprince
17th October 2009, 8:58 PM
Umbreon's a Johto Pokemon in case you didn't know. Anyways, you are in the club! I'm going to try to edit all the members and topics to the first post when I can use my friend's computer to try and edit it. It doesn't matter if Hoenn is your favorite region, second favorite, third favorite, or least favorite-as long as you like Hoenn, this is one other club to be in for all Hoenn/3d generation discussions!

Plusle+Minun
17th October 2009, 10:18 PM
Oops, typo.

What was your favorite town or city in Hoenn?

Fortree City. I dunno why...I guess it's very interesting.

LegendaryRotom
17th October 2009, 10:40 PM
HOENN FOREVER

Haha. My love for this region stems pretty much from its unique kind of geographic and biologic diversity.
The pokemon native to Hoenn were a completely new concept compared to the first and second gen.
They were more on the "cartoony" side rather than the "natural" like the Kanto/Johto brood.
It felt more exotic. ...Like you were traveling to a truly new world that wasn't connected to the regions in past games.

-Castform/Supercell
-Swalot/RopsTHEBug
-Illumise/NoxRegalia
-Torchic/Cyril
-Masquerain/PaperFace
-Solrock/NUredyyet

Castform, specifically this (http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/220/d/8/Supercell_by_NancelHack.jpg) Castform.

Nidoprince
17th October 2009, 11:06 PM
LegendaryRotom is in the club! I love Castform as well. It's actually pretty good as well. I beat Noland with it easily. It has a huge variety of move types, which makes it very easy to use. Castform+Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Water Pulse=FUN!

junpearl63
18th October 2009, 6:41 AM

My Ruby team (still playing it)
Swampert Lv89; Groundon Lv91; Mightyena Lv83; Typhlosion Lv87; Flygon Lv88; Aggron Lv89

What is your favorite Hoenn Pokemon?
Poochyena, Mightyena, Linoone, and Zigzagoon.

Plusle+Minun
18th October 2009, 4:18 PM
Castform is the easiest to draw.

I heard LaRousse was based off Vancouver. I was born there.

Surprisingly, I didn't play the Hoenn games, just on the VBA on my computer, and so far I only got Torchic. xD

suicune lover
18th October 2009, 4:24 PM
HOENN FOREVER

I love Hoenn. Why? Because of all the new features. Secret Bases, Battle Frontier, New awesome pokemon, Mudkipz, stunning sprites, everything. I want to join to meet people who like it too :>

EDIT: Can I say Mudkipz? It technically isn't chat speak :> Oh and can I use smilies?

Nidoprince
18th October 2009, 4:35 PM
You're in the club! You can use smilies, and you can say Mudkipz if you mean it in a joking way. Like the popular saying "I heard you like Mudkipz." I honestly don't know where that came from...

suicune lover
18th October 2009, 5:10 PM
If you don't know, you don't need to know. Seriously. My friend told me on Msn.

I don't want any Sinnoh Pokemon! You cannot believe how mad I was when I found they were in HGSS!

Mudkipz.

Absol, Flygon, Salamence, Marshtomp and alot more. I think all the Hoenn pokemon are actually very well designed, and are just awesome.

Mmmm. Johto is actually my fav region, but Hoenn is a close second. I just like all the pokemon, the new features, the amazing sprites.

I actually didn't like many of the 3rd gen Legends, but I like the Lati's best. They arn't what you expect a Dragon type to be like, but at the same time they have a very good backstory.

Shining-Platinum
18th October 2009, 5:14 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't been active for awhile on this thread, so I'll compensate with a long-ish post. :D

I generally want alot of things. Mainly, I want the contests to come back. I haven't played the Pokethlon and I'm still used to the good old pokemob contests. Also, an item where we can listen to the original scores again, for nosalgia purposes. More and new areas should be added in, just like in HGSS. An area west of Dewford Town would be nice.

My favourite starter would be either Mudkip or Treecko, but I'm slightly sideing with Treecko at the moment because it really helped me defeat Wallace in Emerald.

Too many too choose! :D
If I had to choose a majority of pokemon though, it would have to be pokemon that are small and cute. (because I'm a sucker for them XD) Pokemon like Surskit, Shroomish and Shuppet are love!

Rayquaza. It was seriuosly epic in the cutscenes it was it in Emerald. :D

Nidoprince
18th October 2009, 6:01 PM
If you don't know, you don't need to know. Seriously. My friend told me on Msn.

I don't want any Sinnoh Pokemon! You cannot believe how mad I was when I found they were in HGSS!

Mudkipz.

Absol, Flygon, Salamence, Marshtomp and alot more. I think all the Hoenn pokemon are actually very well designed, and are just awesome.

Mmmm. Johto is actually my fav region, but Hoenn is a close second. I just like all the pokemon, the new features, the amazing sprites.

I actually didn't like many of the 3rd gen Legends, but I like the Lati's best. They arn't what you expect a Dragon type to be like, but at the same time they have a very good backstory.

Aww man, I hate being the one not knowing all the innapropriate stuff! It's a trip back to when I was a little kid, when I was so naive! But, I guess it's for the better :/ Anyway, I'm going to make up a ranking system soon. Mabye when the error on the first post fixes?

LegendaryRotom
19th October 2009, 12:07 AM
Specs(4th gen) or Sp.sweeper Casform is for mowing through in-game, in my opinion.
That is; Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball.

Competitive Casty should spam Weather Ball. (:

In contrast to Shining-Platinum's post, I hope you can obtain many Sinnoh-native pokemon before the national dex.
Furthermore, I hope it establishes
some connection or differentiation between the mythological roles of Groudon and Heatran.
And, of course, what I'd be looking most forward to would be the upgraded scenery and detail.
Oh man, do I want to see that underwater trench and Meteor Falls on the DS. (or w/e new system Nintendo comes out with)

Like the popular saying "I heard you like Mudkipz." I honestly don't know where that came from...
I believe it originated from a comment on a Mudkip fc on deviantart.
Don't quote me on it, but I think that's it.
You know how internet memes can spring up from just about anywhere...

Nidoprince
19th October 2009, 12:45 AM
I bet they're not going to do that many Sinnoh native Pokemon when you start out the game. It'll mostly be Hoenn and 5th generation Pokemon. At least that's what I think. I don't mind Sinnoh native Pokemon that much actually. What I have a problem with is how you're going to complete the dex. "All new Pokemon Hot Ruby and Cold Sapphire! Now with new features from the old Ruby and Sapphire and 650 Pokemon to catch!"

It's gonna be hard. Really hard.

Bossk
19th October 2009, 1:21 AM
You're in the club! You can use smilies, and you can say Mudkipz if you mean it in a joking way. Like the popular saying "I heard you like Mudkipz." I honestly don't know where that came from...

Neither do I....so confusing....

Do you like Mudkipz?

lawl, I just had to do it, but yes I do XD

Sorry, I wish I had more to post

Plusle+Minun
19th October 2009, 3:07 AM
I bet they're not going to do that many Sinnoh native Pokemon when you start out the game. It'll mostly be Hoenn and 5th generation Pokemon. At least that's what I think. I don't mind Sinnoh native Pokemon that much actually. What I have a problem with is how you're going to complete the dex. "All new Pokemon Hot Ruby and Cold Sapphire! Now with new features from the old Ruby and Sapphire and 650 Pokemon to catch!"

It's gonna be hard. Really hard.

Won't it be? It's hard enough with 493.

Do you liek Mudkipz?

That's a really narrow minded question. :|

Nidoprince
19th October 2009, 3:34 AM
^I agree. It used to be "Catch 151 Pokemon and enter the hall of fame and you're a Pokemon master!!!" then it became "Catch 251 Pokemon and enter the hall of fame and become a Pokemon master!!!" and then it became "Catch 386 Pokemon, enter the hall of fame, beat the battle frontier, and contests and your a Pokemon master!!!" And finally the current situation is "Catch 493 Pokemon, enter the hall of fame, beat the battle frontier, and contests, capture 50 flags in the underground and you're a Pokemon master!!!" In the future: "Catch 650 Pokemon, enter the hall of fame, beat the Battle Frontier, and all the contests, the Pokethlon, and you're a Pokemon Master!!!"

Neither do I....so confusing....

Do you like Mudkipz?

lawl, I just had to do it, but yes I do XD

Sorry, I wish I had more to post

OK...I won't add that to the topic list when the error fixes, but...

Do you like Mudkipz?

Yes...yes I do, and I'm proud of it!!!

I have an announcement to make: When the error fixes every new thing will be added, so if you are wondering why you aren't on the list, you will be soon :)

Plusle+Minun
19th October 2009, 4:14 AM
It really annoys me when the people go, "I finished the game!" after beating the E4. I mean, then you've gotta get a Platinum ranked card, contest, Stark Mountain, etc etc.

My favorite 3rd gen legend would have to be Groudon and Kyogre (because the shipping is adorable).l

Nidoprince
19th October 2009, 4:39 AM
Oh my gosh, yes. Let me recount a story from a long time ago that was about this:

I was talking with my friend about a Pokemon game (forgot which) and then some random kid comes up and says "What are you talking about?" And I said we were talking about Pokemon...So he stands there for a few seconds, almost drooling, then says "I beat that game!" And walks away. That was just a month after the release.

junpearl63
19th October 2009, 2:21 PM
Alright, new topic guys:
Which is your favorite Hoenn shipping?
Hoennshipping (becuase they're canon. I like most of canon ship except for Ikarishipping and Pokeshipping) and NewRivalshipping (I don't understand why people hate Wally and this ship. The shipping is cute, especially when you play the game as a girl)

3D banner, meh, not so good:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7935/30991417.png

Nidoprince
19th October 2009, 5:49 PM
Oh my gosh, that banner looks amazing! I'll get it up when that error on the first post is able to be fixed. It looks kind of like a CD album, but that's the coolest part! Thanks so much!

Anyway, I'm not a shipper in general (Don't know all the names for it and all), so I won't be able to answer it, but I'm sure other people are, so it will be added.

Plusle+Minun
19th October 2009, 10:35 PM
Contestshiping, Firestormshipping, Gracefulshipping, etc etc. I'm a huge out-of the way shipper, like Foruneshipping, Elegantshipping, etc etc etc.

Um. Can someone provide a list of Hoenn ships?

Nidoprince
20th October 2009, 12:44 AM
Well, like I said, I don't ship, but I can try and get some.

All right, down to business: I'm hosting a poll, not on top of the thread, but just by posting. So here's our question:

Do you want ranks and/or userbars in the club?

Sometimes people hate ranks, sometimes people love them, so I decided to let the members decide. I don't think I'll bother PM/VMing you guys, because the only people who care about the club will read this post anyway.

Plusle+Minun
20th October 2009, 12:47 AM
Userbars would be cool, but ranks I don't really like.

Oh, I would make userbars if interested.

Nidoprince
20th October 2009, 12:54 AM
You can? That'd be great! I'll keep your vote in mind.

By the way, I have a new topic:

What do you want in the RSE remakes if they don't use Contests or Pokethlon?

I don't know exactly, but mabye something more action-based.

Plusle+Minun
20th October 2009, 3:21 AM
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9010/thehoennclub.png

Sorry about the stroke. I'll make some banners soon.

More events, like random encounters of really rare pokemon, more stuff like Villas in Platinum etc.

junpearl63
20th October 2009, 7:15 AM
There MUST be contest. Otherwise, I would dump Nintendo and Pokemon. Pokethlon is bad enough. Well, I think if they remake RSE, they should, make surf pokemon can be seen outside...when you surf, you pokemon looks like a black whale.....second, I want pokemon walking outside with me like in HGSS. I also wanted to included Sinnoh in it. Strange idea, isn't it? I thought if Gold and Silver have Kanto, RS should have Sinnoh.

Some more CD album!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5307/3dedited1.png

Mudkip users:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5038/mu3.png

Treecko users:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1554/tru3.png

Torchic uses:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4609/tu3.png

Nidoprince
20th October 2009, 3:27 PM
Yea, I always thought it was so weird in Silver and Crystal (Never got Gold :X) that I would be Surfing on a Gyarados or Suicune and it would appear that I am riding a pink Lapras. I liked the GSC series, but the graphics were horrible! So yea, they should have you actually riding the Pokemon, because if they can make field sprites and battle sprites for every Pokemon, then they should make the field sprites for Surfing.

junpearl, I gotta say something: Although you have a request shop with a lot of people requesting, you make banners like there is no tomorrow! Seriously, the way you can make great banners for clubs and users in a quick time is so out of my league, but only you can do that. I didn't even have to ask for them, or get started. For that, I give you major kudos. Keep up the good work!

Anyways, I like how you made them the same style as the old one, and you made them for the starters. I am a huge Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert fan, and that banner for them is awesome.

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot about Plusle+Minun's userbar! I saw it yesterday, but it was late so I had to go to bed quickly and didn't reply. But I don't see what there is to be sorry for-It's great! I love how you used the sprites and put them so that it looks like one's behind the other.

We got some good artists here, and the first post will get one huge update as soon as I find out what's wrong with the post.

Plusle+Minun
20th October 2009, 11:03 PM
I superly dislike it, so quick and simple. Plus nowadays I do my own rendering and stroking. I'll try again tomorrow.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9010/thehoennclub.png
Sorry I don't have anything else to say.

Nidoprince
21st October 2009, 12:11 AM
Well I like it. Besides, there is always room for improvement in everything. I'm sure if you wanted to, you could critique the Mona Lisa XD Stuff you don't like helps you improve, and stuff you like shows how you've improved. Either way, every donated peice of artwork goes on the first post...again, an error keeps on appearing when I try and edit it, so we'll just have to wait until I find a solution.

Ooo cool! People really like my saying "Hoenn Forever." All I did was think of a random code for the club, and tada, it's a Hoenn hit! I keep on thinking you used PMD art, but it's TCG. I don't know why, I guess the way the PMD artist (reffering to the art from the commercial for PMD Sky when I say PMD art) and the TCG artist for those images (Except Mudkip) have simular coloring styles.

GolemGuy
24th October 2009, 2:39 PM
We need more activity.

NEW TOPIC.

Is there any Hoenn/Johto Pokemon you wished Game Freak had put into the dex, but didn't?

I would immediantly say Bellsprout, but the guy really dosen't fit with the region. Hmm...Maybe the Hypno line. He's been overshadowed by Alakazam for all of his days, and maybe some prescense would end his curse.

Nidoprince
24th October 2009, 4:58 PM
I forgot what was and wasn't in the dexes, but I'll add the topic as soon as I email Serebii...oh yea, this club does need people who are more active. I usually like to get the last post, but then I can't double post, so I have to wait for sometone else to post.

Lucariofan-atic
25th October 2009, 10:54 AM
HOENN FOREVER
I want to join because Hoenn is my favorite region. Plus, pokemon Sapphire is the first pokemon game i've play, and they have some great legendary pokemons, including Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groudon. Beside, I want a remake for this third generation game, too.

btw, is it too late for me to join? (with a lot of topics and all..)

Nidoprince
25th October 2009, 3:31 PM
You are accepted! I created most of the topics on the club, and then the members created a lot as well, but the club is just getting started!

The weather trio (Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza) is so awesome. What got me is the paterns they have either in black, red, or yellow.

Eclipse
3rd November 2009, 8:01 AM
HOENN FOREVER

Hey there, I like Hoenn mostly because of the map structure of the game. Everything about the land - especially the desert. Some of the creatures are decent too, but alot of them need evo's.

I'd have to say Hoenn is my favourite gen after Johto, and it's game layout pwns Johto's.

Nidoprince
3rd November 2009, 5:15 PM
Not a one liner...good grammar, code posted...not only that, but you saved the club...You're accepted! By the way, once I finish making fake evos for Kanto and Johto, I'll be making Hoenn evos. Also, I wonder where all the members went...