PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to...

ajc2123
15th October 2009, 2:32 AM
Get the nature you wanted on a legendary? This question wouldn't apply to you of course if you don't soft reset or trade for a nature you wanted, but I'm curious.

I've been trying for an adamant regigigas for 2x battle with a cresselia. I didn't SR the cresselia but I REALLY want the adamant regigigas and its taking way longer then I thought lol.

Skaisdead
15th October 2009, 2:35 AM
It would take less time if the damn thing didn't have a catch rate of three. I've never soft reset for a legendary. I never use them anyways. However, my Dialga did have a modest nature if memory serves.

dpdude
15th October 2009, 2:59 AM
i think it took me seven tries to get my timid palkia in platinum. im not gonna use it though.

Elementer
15th October 2009, 3:04 AM
I was lucky when I got a quiet Dialga- the one nature I wanted. It only took 1 try.
As for Palkia (this is in Platinum), I think I set a new record. 274 SR's and not one Modest or Timid. CURSE YOU GAMEFREAK!! and it was my favorite legendary too *sob*

;156; ;476; ;318; ;408; ;484;

Pingouin7
15th October 2009, 3:13 AM
Hum...
Synchronize anyone?

Skaisdead
15th October 2009, 3:28 AM
Hum...
Synchronize anyone?

For those who use an adamant Alakazam.

Final
15th October 2009, 8:47 AM

Who said you had to use it for a purpose other than Synchronizing?

Anyway, I don't really keep count. Using Synchronize Pokemon really saves time.

(s.i.e)
15th October 2009, 12:49 PM
the longest i had took me over an hour but the shortest was on pokemonday with the darkrai which merely took me 5 minutes.

it had good IV's too.

Pamizard
15th October 2009, 4:47 PM
Took a fre soft restarts to get a modest naruted Shaymin and it also took me a couple of SR to get a hardy nature Darkrai

zlxq3000
15th October 2009, 4:58 PM

...You'd get it up to the level of Alakazam for Synchronizing? I've got a whole troupe of just Abras and Raltses, one of each nature, that I'm eventually going to use for Synchronizing missions (mainly Ditto hunting). No need to level them up; just put them first in the party, then switch out at the start of battle.

Tiomasta
15th October 2009, 5:30 PM
No need to level them up; just put them first in the party, then switch out at the start of battle.

Or even better, make they faint before you start searching your pokes. Synchro will still work and you don't need to switch in your other poke.

I have a box full of Synchronizers too. Catching Ralts is better, because if their ability isn't Synchronize, it's Trace, and Trace gives a message at the start of the battle. Not to mention Ralts appear a little more often
Oh yeah, only if it's in Platinum. In D/P, Ralts is a PokeRadar one.

Pkmn Breeder Jack
15th October 2009, 5:51 PM
On my Pearl, the first Palkia I caught was Modest with 31 Sp Atk IVs. I was so happy. XD

ajc2123
15th October 2009, 8:29 PM
whoa wait a minute, throwing out sync pokemon makes sure the wild pokemon is the same nature!?!?!?!

*Facepalm* Why do I keep missing these little tips even after reading a bunch of sites XD

Kiwy
15th October 2009, 10:03 PM
actually i did never ever ever get a legendary with a good nature, from now on my kadabra collection will be used to get legendaries D;

Ahmed48
15th October 2009, 10:11 PM
I got lucky enough to get a modest Azelf, as for the rest of the legendaries, I never tried to get a good nature for them, it's too much work -_-

Dave.
15th October 2009, 10:45 PM
Always used the Synchronize Trick

Bugfan-Eric
16th October 2009, 4:03 AM
*faceplame* I can't belive I forgot about Synchronize.
Hey a little off topic question to ask I saved in front of shaymin and if I live to get a pokemon with synchronize timed or modest nature and go back will it still be their?

RedMoogleXIII
16th October 2009, 9:07 PM
On Platinum I used the RNG to get a Timid HP GRASS Zapdos with the IVs
31\02\31\30\31\31
Hidden Power - Grass 70

Took about 2 to 3 tries as well and each attempt of when I had got the proper seed took about 20 minutes to advancethe frame enough (took a more like 10-15 trys to get the proper seed, but 2-3 to actually get the right frame which was more time consuming)

Dave.
16th October 2009, 9:08 PM
Shaymin's Nature isn't set until you're battling it. If you save in front of it with a Timid/Modest Synchronizer nothing happens.

Slowking[George]
16th October 2009, 9:11 PM
Get the nature you wanted on a legendary? This question wouldn't apply to you of course if you don't soft reset or trade for a nature you wanted, but I'm curious.

I've been trying for an adamant regigigas for 2x battle with a cresselia. I didn't SR the cresselia but I REALLY want the adamant regigigas and its taking way longer then I thought lol.

Was SR for 10 days on my Platinum to get a neutral-natured Giratina with decent IVs (i.e. more than 20) in all stats. And so it happened in the end. It was tiring though. :[

Tiomasta
16th October 2009, 9:35 PM
whoa wait a minute, throwing out sync pokemon makes sure the wild pokemon is the same nature!?!?!?!

*Facepalm* Why do I keep missing these little tips even after reading a bunch of sites XD

That's not exactly it.
Leading with a Synchronizer will make any wild poke(except runners) have a 54% chance of having the nature of your Synchronizer.

I remember I was SRing for a good Giratina for hours. I was tired. Then got a good one and saved.
The other day I thought that I must have clicked the wrong nature and IVs on the IV calculator when I caught it, because when I saw it later it was Quiet with not good IVs. x(

zlxq3000
17th October 2009, 12:38 AM
Or even better, make they faint before you start searching your pokes. Synchro will still work and you don't need to switch in your other poke.

I have a box full of Synchronizers too. Catching Ralts is better, because if their ability isn't Synchronize, it's Trace, and Trace gives a message at the start of the battle. Not to mention Ralts appear a little more often
Oh yeah, only if it's in Platinum. In D/P, Ralts is a PokeRadar one.

Heh, I cheated for my Abras; I bought them from the Celadon Game Corner, then sent them via Pal Park.

Surfer_Dude
24th October 2009, 12:02 AM
I don't care about the natures of legendaries because i don't use them

Charizard Lord
24th October 2009, 8:04 AM
I caught a Timid Azelf with an awesome Sp. Attack IV on my first try. It also only took a few tries to catch a Modest Dialga and Timid Palkia on my old Platinum file. Catching a Giratina with a good nature on my new file, though, is going to prove a challenge...

foxyman1167
24th October 2009, 11:40 PM
About 30 minutes, but I was SRing for a Timid Azelf with great IVs (x/x/x/31/x/23)

devildamo
25th October 2009, 2:12 PM
the first legendary i caught with the right nature was palkia (pearl) it took me 2 weeks but when it had the right nature it had 29 iv's in special attack 31 in special defence and was shiny

Hollyoaks the espeon
25th October 2009, 2:30 PM
Cyril: It took me four days to get the right Darkrai with perfect IVs

Nightlingbolt
27th October 2009, 11:03 PM
I don't SR for natures because I don't battle competitively. It's all about the journey for me!