PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon D/P/Pt monotype attack challenge.

11wildy
21st October 2009, 12:05 PM
Welcome to this new (I think) challenge for the 4th gen!

The idea for this challenge is that any pokemon you take can only know moves of 1 type, like a Gyarados with Aqua tail, Waterfall, Surf and Hydro pump.

Rules
-Please state what Pokemon you are using, with which type and the version you are using when you sign up.
-Don't forget to update.
-The challenge is over when you beat the E4.
-You may use as many HM slaves as you want, they can have mixed type attacks, but they're not allowed to battle.
-The pokemon must learn at least 4 moves of ur chosen type.
-No hacking
-No Spamming
-No Flaming
-All PC rules apply
-Have fun!

Tips
-Choose the type of the attacks you want the same as the pokemons type, so you'll get STAB over it, though you don't have to do this.
-Try making ur moveset as usefull as possible, with Physical and Special moves of that type.
-Not every pokemon has the same type, you choose another type for each pokemon you are going to use.
-Combine it with another challenge to make it harder! A monotype attack challenge with a regular monotype challenge is a lot harder, since ur prefered type of moves will be ur pokemon's side type and 1 opkemon without side type or just one for Water.

Good luck and have fun!

PS, you can start without me saying you can.

QUAGSIRE FAN12???
10th November 2009, 6:35 PM
but this restarting a game or you can do it after you beaten the e4 before

QUAGSIRE FAN12???
10th November 2009, 6:39 PM
can you use legendaries?
do you have to start at lv-1?

11wildy
20th November 2009, 7:40 AM
You have to start a new game of course. No legendary's and the pokemons start at the level you catch them.

QUAGSIRE FAN12???
20th November 2009, 5:58 PM
so that would mean buying another game for this

Agonist
20th November 2009, 6:47 PM
I thought that the monotype challenge was that you have to have a entire party of the same type, not having to know one type of move

11wildy
23rd November 2009, 7:48 AM
It is another kind of challenge.

Nightlingbolt
23rd November 2009, 10:35 PM
I would say this kind of challenge is doomed to fail. I mean, if your moves are all of one type, then you're completely walled by Pokemon that are resistant, or even immune, to your specified type.

Dresden
2nd April 2010, 8:10 AM
I have to agree with Osiris. Having one type of Pokemon is entirely plausible. Having one type of attack is just not going to work. There are combinations of TWO types that have at least neutral coverage on everything, but there is no one single type that will win the game for you. The closest type would be Dragon, which gets at least neutral on everything but Steel, but good luck leveling a group of dragons from scratch.

11wildy
2nd April 2010, 4:42 PM
No, you can have difefrent types of opkemon, so you can have a Gyarados with Water moves, a Dragonite with Dragon moves, a Golem with Rock moves etc.