PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Hindering Nature in relation to EV Points.

Ksi
23rd October 2009, 10:32 PM
I read both the guides on Natures and Effort Value points, yet I have a question about it.

I have a fermale Heracross named Katomu, whom has a Gentle Nature, hindering her Physical Defense growth. I have tried to EV-Train her (She is in the teens in terms of levels) in Defense and Speed (With any Pokemon near Oreburgh that give out Speed and Defense Points [Ponyta, Zubat, Geodude, etc.]) and have found, even if I fight Geodude that are below level 10 for the entire level up, she still only gains one point of Defense. Why is this prevalent? I have fought more than 8+ Geodude under Level 10 and it still rises by one.

Is it because that her nature is Gentle and that it is making the EV Points not affect her?

Too Funk to Druck
23rd October 2009, 11:49 PM
It's that, and the fact that EVs don't really start showing until higher levels, and don't show completely until level 100.

Ksi
25th October 2009, 8:33 AM
Please explain further. The guide on EVs doesn't explain the effects of Natures upon them.

Prince Amrod
25th October 2009, 10:05 AM
natures dont affect EV's. they jus hinder the total stat by 10%. So a gentle nature reduces the maximum defence stat by 10% whilst boosting special defence by 10%. EV training doesnt show up straight away in big numbers. sometimes it will show an increase of +1, other times it will show a bigger increase. there is a formula on the main site that outlines how all this interacts i believe so i would suggest checking out the game mechanics section to find this

5wamp3rt
25th October 2009, 8:04 PM
I think that there are certain "trip points" as in a certain number of Effort Points, where on a pokemon of (for example) a -Def nature, if you EV train it for Def, at a few numbers of Effort Points, like maybe 20, the stat decreases by 1. There is an article on http://www.smogon.com/ about this.

Ksi
27th October 2009, 10:44 PM
I think that there are certain "trip points" as in a certain number of Effort Points, where on a pokemon of (for example) a -Def nature, if you EV train it for Def, at a few numbers of Effort Points, like maybe 20, the stat decreases by 1. There is an article on http://www.smogon.com/ about this.

I took a look at the Stats article and found not much on it that could help me really. Could you please elaborate and be more detailed? I'm very detail-oriented.