PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! I'm new

Runnerman
30th October 2009, 12:10 AM
Howdy! Runnerman here, big fan of Generations 1-3 (was very disapointed with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, actually) and here to hang out and chat with ya'll. Scrolling through the forums here, there are one or two questions that I do have.

1) How active are the forums?

2) What is the average age demographic for the website? (I'm 19)

3) Saw a signature that mentioned about "Soft-reseting" for a "Shiny". I do now understand what this means.

4) Is there anyway I can get the wifi connection thing for my FireRed version? I bought it used, so it was only the cartridge I got.

Thanks a ton.

~~Runnerman

Dan The Poke Man
30th October 2009, 12:27 AM
Hello dude

and sadly only the ds games have wi-fi so F- aka FAIL

SmartD
30th October 2009, 1:03 AM
Hi there, I think I can answer most of your questions.

1.Mostly active
2.around 12-23 years of age or older, give or take.
4.only Diamond/Pearl/Platinum works with Wi-Fi, sadly.

Anyway, have fun and be sure to read the rules.

SolarPowerX
30th October 2009, 2:12 AM
Welcome to the forums :D Soft resetting is when you reset your DS by pressing the L,R, Start, Select, buttons at once (It's faster then turning your DS on and off).

A shiny is a pokemon that's a different color then normal, like the red gyrados for example. Every pokemon has a "Shiny" form, people like to collect them because they are rare. Every time you encounter a pokemon, there's like a 1 in 8000 chance of it being shiny.

So, some pokemon, like Mewtwo in firered, only appear once, but even it has a shiny form.

So, the trick is, people approach these pokemon that appear once (let's use mewtwo for example), they SAVE the game right in front of them, and they battle him. If it's a shiny mewtwo, then they'll catch it, but if it's a normal mewtwo, then they will soft reset, go back to it, and battle it again, and repeat this process until the mewtwo is shiny, then they catch it. But remember, this can take a real long time to happen, the odds of a shiny are 1-8000 (actually more I think).

Hope this answers your question.

Runnerman
30th October 2009, 8:01 AM
Oh wow, thanks a ton!

If I get a shiny pokemon that is not at its last evolutionary stage, then will it stay a "shiny" when it evolves?

Skull-Kid
30th October 2009, 6:28 PM
Welcome to the fourms!

Please read the rules and if you have any questions just VM/PM me or a member of staff. We'd be happy to help :)

I'll add you as a friend :) Hopefully the first of many :)

SolarPowerX
31st October 2009, 12:43 AM
Yup, once a shiny always a shiny

LegendaryGarchomp
31st October 2009, 12:50 AM
Hey there and welcome to the forums, I would answer your questions but they've already all been answered. Hope to see you around!