PDA

View Full Version : The D/P Type Scramble Challenge

Nightlingbolt
30th October 2009, 3:53 AM
Okay, I just came up with the concept of a Type Scramble challenge, and I'm looking to see how many people are interested.

A type scramble challenge is basically a scramble challenge, except instead of giving out Pokemon, you give out types. For example, if I'm playing Pearl and given the types Electric, Rock, Ground, Psychic, Flying, and Water, I would have to make a team in which all of these types are represented. A sample team in this instance would be:

Luxray
Sudowoodo
Hippowdon
Alakazam
Staraptor
Empoleon

However, if there's a Pokemon that has two of the types listed, you can combine the two types into that one Pokemon. Now, I can combine Rock and Ground, as well as Flying and Water, so my new team could be:

Luxray
Golem
Alakazam
Gyarados

But that would only give me four Pokemon, so I would need at least two more types, let's say Dark and Bug. Therefore, my team would be something like this:

Luxray
Golem
Alakazam
Gyarados
Weavile
Vespiquen

Now here, I have two Flying-types, Gyarados and Vespiquen. I can choose to keep them both, or I can drop one and use a Water/non-Flying-type or a Bug/non-Flying type. So my final team could be

Luxray
Golem
Alakazam
Gyarados/Empoleon
Weavile
Vespiquen/Dustox

Everyone with me so far? Good! Now for some rules:

1. No suggesting the same type someone else did. If you have two of the same type, it should be either a coincidence or the player's own decision.
2. Legendaries are fine, but no Ubers (Garchomp being the exception due to not being Legendary).
3. State your version and trade capabilities with each challenge.
4. The first six people to reply get to declare a type for the challenger to use. One type, per challenger, per post, in a format:

Darth Osiris, take an Electric-type.

6. NO suggesting type combinations. The Pokemon are up to the challenger to decide. You can suggest Steel, you can suggest Ground, but you can't suggest Steel/Ground, since the only Pokemon of those two types would be Steelix. I realize this may be redundant when paired with rule 4, but I'm trying to close the loopholes here.
7. ALL types are fair game. No exceptions.
8. You may choose up to ONE type to have on your team. However, someone else must decide the Pokemon for you.
9. No suggesting a so-and-so type that isn't a certain Pokemon. The point of this challenge is to grant players the freedom of choice the game normally gives them while encouraging the use of types they otherwise wouldn't use.
10. All SPPF Forum rules apply.
11. Failure to follow these rules will result in warnings or a ban from the thread for a period of time to be determined by me.
12. Have fun!

EDIT: Some rule changes.

foxyman1167
30th October 2009, 11:18 PM
Okay, I just came up with the concept of a Type Scramble challenge, and I'm looking to see how many people are interested.

A type scramble challenge is basically a scramble challenge, except instead of giving out Pokemon, you give out types. For example, if I'm playing Pearl and given the types Electric, Rock, Ground, Psychic, Flying, and Water, I would have to make a team in which all of these types are represented. A sample team in this instance would be:

Luxray
Sudowoodo
Hippowdon
Alakazam
Staraptor
Empoleon

However, if there's a Pokemon that has two of the types listed, you MUST combine the two types into that one Pokemon. Now, I can combine Rock and Ground, as well as Flying and Water, so my new team could be:

Luxray
Golem
Alakazam
Gyarados

But that would only give me four Pokemon, so I would need at least two more types, let's say Dark and Bug. Therefore, my team would be something like this:

Luxray
Golem
Alakazam
Gyarados
Weavile
Vespiquen

Now here, I have two Flying-types, Gyarados and Vespiquen. I can choose to keep them both, or I can drop one and use a Water/non-Flying-type or a Bug/non-Flying type. So my final team could be

Luxray
Golem
Alakazam
Gyarados/Empoleon
Weavile
Vespiquen/Dustox

Everyone with me so far? Good! Now for some rules:

1. No suggesting the same type someone else did. If you have two of the same type, it should be either a coincidence or the player's own decision.
2. Legendaries are fine, but no Ubers (Garchomp being the exception due to not being Legendary).
3. State your version and trade capabilities with each challenge.
4. The first six people to reply get to declare a type for the challenger to use. One type, per challenger, per post, in the following format:

Darth Osiris, take an Electric-type.

6. NO suggesting type combinations. The Pokemon are up to the challenger to decide. You can suggest Steel, you can suggest Ground, but you can't suggest Steel/Ground, since the only Pokemon of those two types would be Steelix. I realize this may be redundant when paired with rule 4, but I'm trying to close the loopholes here.
7. ALL types are fair game. No exceptions.
8. You may choose up to ONE type to have on your team. However, someone else must decide the Pokemon for you.
9.All SPPF Forum rules apply.
10. Failure to follow these rules will result in warnings or a ban from the thread for a period of time to be determined by me.
11. Have fun!

IDK if you are doing it, if so, take a Steel type. Must know Flash Cannon, and be called SteeleyDan.

Nightlingbolt
31st October 2009, 12:53 AM
Sure, I'll give my creation a whirl. And I'm declaring Empoleon, which is the only Pokemon I will get to declare. So I've got:

1. Empoleon (Steely Dan (you misspelled "Steely"), must know Flash Cannon)

If you declare a Pokemon, you get to use it no matter what, as long as it's one of the types you've already been given. This means that if you've been given Steel, like I have, you can declare a Pokemon of that type, say, Empoleon. That way, if I'm given Psychic, I don't have to use something like Bronzong.

GolemGuy
31st October 2009, 1:16 AM
Take a Ground type because it rules.

Oh, it has to be in some official format. Well, poo to you.

Darth Osiris, take a Ground-type.

Nightlingbolt
31st October 2009, 1:23 AM
Just letting you know I'm playing Pearl and have trading capabilities with Diamond and Platinum, though I'd prefer not to use them.

11wildy
1st November 2009, 11:13 AM
Darth Osiris, get a Psychic type which must know only offensive moves.

Tinweasel
1st November 2009, 7:35 PM
Darth Osiris, use a Poison type that only knows one move that causes poison at a given time. (For argument's sake, zero poisoning moves is also acceptable, if you want to do that.)

Everyone else, I have a copy of Diamond and no means to trade.

Nightlingbolt
1st November 2009, 7:47 PM
Yay! Someone else wants in!

Tinweasel, take a Fire-type which must know Fire Blast as its only Fire-type move.

11wildy
2nd November 2009, 9:21 AM
Tinweasel, get a water type pokemon which cannot use Surf in a battle, you can learn it to him, only not use it.

foxyman1167
4th November 2009, 3:38 AM
Darth Osiris, use a Poison type that only knows one move that causes poison at a given time. (For argument's sake, zero poisoning moves is also acceptable, if you want to do that.)

Everyone else, I have a copy of Diamond and no means to trade.

Take a Rock type, must know Stealth Rock, and must begin every battle with Stealth Rock.

Nightlingbolt
4th November 2009, 3:51 AM
Okay, so far I have:

Empoleon (Steel)
Ground
Psychic
Poison

I need at least two more types!

Leaf_Blade_Leafeon28
4th November 2009, 7:20 AM
Darth Osiris take a Electric type that is not Luxray

Tinweasel
4th November 2009, 10:18 PM
So far, I'm seeing:
-Fire type with no moves besides Fire Blast
-Rock type which begins each battle by setting Stealth Rock

I need four more at minimum.

R_N
5th November 2009, 1:02 AM
Darth, take a...Normal type.

Almost never see those tossed around.

Nightlingbolt
5th November 2009, 2:18 AM
I can combine Normal and Psychic in Girafarig, so one more Pokemon.

kpt25
6th November 2009, 2:48 AM
Darth Osiris,take a bug pokemon that cannot learn X-Scissor

smartie
7th November 2009, 3:13 PM
Tinweasel, get yourself a nice Water pokemon that MUST know hydro pump.

charizard117
9th November 2009, 12:29 AM
I'm bored (even though I'm also doing a scramble challenge in emerald) so I'll take a challenge. I'm playing on diamond. Thank you all in advanced.

Leaf_Blade_Leafeon28
9th November 2009, 12:44 AM
charizard take a Rock type

HoagiethePokeBreeder
9th November 2009, 4:29 AM
Charizard117, please take an Ice type. Good luck!

foxyman1167
11th November 2009, 11:11 PM
I'm bored (even though I'm also doing a scramble challenge in emerald) so I'll take a challenge. I'm playing on diamond. Thank you all in advanced.

Take a Water type, that must know Waterfall if its a Special based pokemon or Surf if its a Physical based pokemon.

charizard117
13th November 2009, 6:13 PM
Take a Water type, that must know Waterfall if its a Special based pokemon or Surf if its a Physical based pokemon.

What do you mean? Special or physical based in their own individual stats or their species general stats?

Dahweenkster
30th November 2009, 9:06 AM
I'd assume he meant Individual stats, IE if its SA is higher give er waterfall, if its PA is higher give it Surf...

Anywho, Charizard117, take a Ghost type that must learn at least 1 HM move...

And I'll also do a scramble, I've been bored enough to restart my Platinum!

Rokroad
30th November 2009, 10:51 AM
Dahweenkster, for your Scramble Challenge.

Take a Flareon with Superpower.

Plat. Frontier
4th December 2009, 11:53 PM
@Dahweenkster

Take a Grass Type with Vine Whip!

Nightlingbolt
28th December 2009, 9:44 PM
Not that anyone posts here anymore, but from now on, I just want to see the type, or at least a move that's common to all Pokemon of that type.

Ursafan
31st December 2009, 3:05 AM
Dahweenkster take a fire type with at least one o in the name.

Vermehlo_Steele
5th January 2010, 4:19 AM
Dahweenkster you shall obtain a Dark-type that learns Thief

weaviledarkrai
1st February 2010, 11:35 PM
Not that anyone does this forum, but im playing