PDA

View Full Version : Mod+

Sajuuk
7th November 2009, 4:41 PM
What's that? Never heard of Mod+ before.

Shining Mew
7th November 2009, 4:49 PM
Mod+' s here have the same powers as mods (close/open threads, infract users, delete posts, etc) but can also delete signatures and ban users. Its the ground between mod and smod.

It's a promotion for a mod that's been doing a great job.
^No, its not a pat on the back, otherwise pretty much everyone would be pushed to mod+. Mods are promoted to mod+ when certain forums (usually the more active ones) could use a little bit more support.

Blue Snover
7th November 2009, 4:49 PM
It's a promotion for a mod that's been doing a great job.

Cooltrainer Seth ♂
7th November 2009, 4:50 PM
Is a mod+ this sites version of a Global Moderater or Super Mod?

Sajuuk
7th November 2009, 4:52 PM
Thank you very much for your answers posters #1, and #2.
Above poster: No, it's not. Super Mods can post all over, mods can't.

Cooltrainer Seth ♂
7th November 2009, 4:55 PM
I know what a Super Mod is -_-.
I was just asking if Mod+ was what you called them here.

Shining Mew
7th November 2009, 4:57 PM
No, we do have super mods here. Mod+ is just an step inbetween mod and smod/global mod.

Theoretically mod+ were only supposed to be able to ban and edit sigs in the forums they mod in, but IIRC the way it was set up is a bit weird so its through the entire forum.

The difference between mod+ and super mod is that smods can close threads, delete posts, etc in any forum but mod+ can only do that in the forums they are assigned to.

Blue Snover
7th November 2009, 5:05 PM
I misunderstood sorry, i never understood how the mod system worked.

Shining Mew
7th November 2009, 5:12 PM
Thats ok :P It can get confusing.. I'm not even totally sure what mod+ can and cant do. When we promote mod to mod+, we have to manually go in and change all the permissions for each forum they;re modded in (pain in the ***) and only a few months ago I noticed there was a bunch of inconsistency over what permissions were set between different mod+. Some could edit polls and some couldnt, some could delete social groups and others couldnt ... it's all a bunch of little things really, but the differences exist. Add constant forum lag to that, and thus we don;t care enough to go back through and make everyone the same.

When we promote someone to user --> mod or mod+ --> smod, smod-->admin its just a simple 3-click change, so those are all uniform.