PDA

View Full Version : Something makes me wonder about Dusknoir.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
7th November 2009, 9:56 PM
Once you and your partner meet Dusknoir for the first time, he doesn't realize that you (the player) come from the future. Alright, that's okay, however that's not the question I'm talking about. Was Dusknoir ALREADY in the past even BEFORE the events of Mystery Dungeon 2 took place? Lets skip to the chapter where everyone is overreacting about Dusknoir's appearance. The question is:

>How did the members of the guild (excluding the two of you) know about the Great Explorer Dusknoir? Didn't he just arrive to the past from the future recently?

Perhaps before time stopped, he wasn't a bad guy (and not anymore thanks to Explorers of Sky's special episode 5) and everyone idolized him.

Then there's the problem with Grovyle and you originally being a human, even though there aren't any humans in the world of Pokemon. That is a question for another time. Actually, that is a question yet to be discussed about because the first Mystery Dungeon games had a short synopsis of a magnetic lab established by humans, but noooooo, you're a human turned into a Pokemon. Until now thanks to the Wiiware game.....actually are you even a human in the Wiiware version?

Kindrindra
7th November 2009, 10:17 PM
Actually, it's stated he DIDN'T arrive recently. I'm pretty sure he came to the past to look for you, and decided that it would be easier to find you if he had a good reputation. Thus, he started doing missions and such-such... until he happened to meet you by chance.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
7th November 2009, 10:30 PM
Actually, it's stated he DIDN'T arrive recently. I'm pretty sure he came to the past to look for you, and decided that it would be easier to find you if he had a good reputation. Thus, he started doing missions and such-such... until he happened to meet you by chance.

Oh, I forgot about the Luxray season thing on Amp Plains. How did he know about the season where the Luxio and Luxray (or Electrike and Magnetric on Sky) being inhabited there? There's something else as well, but what?

Kindrindra
7th November 2009, 11:46 PM
Hmm...
Maybe the season is still present in the future?
Or maybe, when he was a little Duskull, he learned about it in social studies class?

A_Merry_Snowrunt
8th November 2009, 2:42 AM
Hmm...
Maybe the season is still present in the future?
Or maybe, when he was a little Duskull, he learned about it in social studies class?
But there's a Duskull in the present already working for the bank! 0__o

Silverninetails
8th November 2009, 3:28 AM
Oh, I forgot about the Luxray season thing on Amp Plains. How did he know about the season where the Luxio and Luxray (or Electrike and Magnetric on Sky) being inhabited there? There's something else as well, but what?

When he revealed that he came from the future, he stated that before he came to the past, he read up on everything about the past, which will include the fact that the electric pokemon will roam Amp Plains at that season.

5wamp3rt
11th November 2009, 5:02 AM

xD

Dusknoir came to the past after you did, because you came at the same time as Grovyle. So he came to the past during the story.

Armored Zangoose
11th November 2009, 3:54 PM
Dusknoir studied everything Explorers discovered in the past. (Like the Water Float and Amp Plains)
He then followed you and Grovyle to the past, so he came after you.
He hten discovered everything before it was originally discovered, making him become famous almost overnight.

But there's a Duskull in the present already working for the bank! 0__o

Maybe Dusknoir WAS a Duskull working for a bank in the past. Oh, now what?

Yeah, I seriously doubt that.

Little Wishling
22nd November 2009, 4:49 AM
He's an agent for primal Dialga, and that gives him the benefit of being able to warp through time and study up on things. That's how he knows about everything. There's a ton of detail left out from the game, and how he managed to get everyone to respect him so quickly is one of them. But then again, it's never mentioned WHEN he arrived in the past. The Dusknoir chapter happens "a while" after the expedition to Fogbound lake. A while could be months, which is enough time for Dusknoir to get comfy, let the world know about his discoveries, and establish a rapidly growing fan club.

serebiifreak
9th December 2009, 3:50 AM
My guess is the reason (most likely wrong) since primal dialga is on his side, he was sent back before all this happened. Then he studied everything he knew. Now we all know about the change the past you screw up the future right, am I right? (wynaut reference) Thus this is how he became famous.

sweet_piplup123
10th December 2009, 7:40 AM
I think Dusknoir was placed in the past by his "master" so to ensure that no one else from the future (example: Grovyle) goes to the past and uncover the secrets.

AshMayMistyHikarifan
11th December 2009, 7:51 AM
I'm a bit lost on Dusknoir...

How does everybody know of him if they didn't know he came from the past? I mean, how does everybody in the land know of Dusknoir's reputation and who he is and all that? Also, how long exactly was Dusknoir in the region?

I think to me as I play both the Time/Sky, the chain of events are:

Darkrai did something to collapse Temporal Tower in the past. I think because the lead (player) Pokemon was not in the past, that's why Dialga went mad. But then when you (player) is sent to the past with Grovyle, and then Darkrai got wind of it and turned you into a Pokemon, Dialga in his mad state sent Dusknoir to find/eliminate you.

THen you/partner foiled Darkarai's plot to save Temporal Tower, and restore Dialga. In return, Dialga rewrote history that included the lead Pokemon.

UPon the failed plan, Darkrai focussed on creating a rift in the fabric of space, thus going into Palkia's relm. Then Darkrai tries to eliminate both you/your partner. Cresilia of course stops it. Then you/your partner must take on Darkrai.

I also feel the reason why the lead/partner Pokemon couldn't evolve was due to Dialga's slight rewrite, but also what Darkrai did to the fabric of space. Stopping Darkrai of course put everything to normal.

hailflameblast
13th December 2009, 11:33 AM
I think Dusknoir was actually sent to a time before you and grovyle were sent back. This way, he could be great with his 'impeccable' knowledge.

I suppose working for the ruler of Time gives you some benefits.

Excitable Boy
19th December 2009, 11:37 PM
Well, when your character asks who he is in his chapter, the other apprentices are surprised you've never heard of him. If I had to guess, he probably arrived soon after you did, so maybe when you saved Azurill at Mt. Bristle?