PDA

View Full Version : What's the funniest thing that happpened to you in D/P/Pt

Lucas666
8th November 2009, 4:20 PM
I just made this because I wanted to know your experiences that you thought were funny

For me, I was playing against a kid who used only Ubers, all hacked, all level 7_ and he had an Entei with wonderguard, I beat them with my level 52 Palkia! I just could not help laughing at him!

So post what you thought was funny!

DarkerShining
8th November 2009, 10:04 PM
Well, early on in my Pokemon Platinum game, I found it amusing to discover that the Budew I had captured for my team and given the nickname "Briar Rose" after Sleeping Beauty, had the characteristic "often dozes off".

Kiruria
13th November 2009, 1:54 AM
Some funny things that happened to me in Diamond:

- I talked to the Day-Care Man and received a Pokemon egg. When I immediately went back into the daycare to retrieve the parents, the woman said, "My husband was looking for you." I walked outside and received another egg!
- The event Arceus I received was quick to flee. LOL, a god, quick to flee?!?
- I went into Route 213 and used the Pokeradar, hoping to find a Swellow. Instead I found Absol, who was swarming that day. I chained nineteen Absols (and caught two of them) before the chain was broken by a Swellow, of all things! Just what I had been looking for!
- I went into the Great Marsh and caught nothing but Carvanha, hoping to find a Deep Sea Tooth. I spent an hour in there, making several Carvanhas flee by throwing mud at them, wasting several Safari Balls, encountering way too many Gyarados and Whiscash... Eventually I ran out of Safari Balls, but caught only six Carvanhas. I looked in my PC, and the first Carvanha I caught was holding a Deep Sea Tooth. XD

In all Generation 4 games:
- I caught Mesprit twice and Cresselia once in Diamond and Platinum. When I was ready to try throwing balls at them, I saved then restarted if the ball failed. Catching all three Pokemon took exactly seven tries. That was some coincidence.

Possibly my favourite Diamond funny moment:
- I was casually riding my bike up Route 210 one morning when a jogger ambushed me and demanded a battle. The battle was actually pretty funny:

Jogger: Go Ponyta!
Me: Go Sneasel!
Jogger: Ha, Sneasel is Ice-type! This should be a cinch!
Me: Sneasel, use Beat Up!
*Cresselia, Darkrai, Deoxys, and Giratina come out and attack Ponyta*
Jogger: OH SHI-
*Ponyta faints*

TR4eva
21st January 2010, 5:09 PM
um, funny huh?
Well, I went to the daycare and breed 2 Pokemon. I got an egg, when I was trying to hatch it the daycare ap showed another egg so I went to collect it and then the same thing happened twice more!!! I had a party of 2 Pokemon and 4 eggs!!! So I had 4 of the same Pokemon! Um... I can't remember anything else off the top of my head so when something else happens or if I remember other things then I'll post them.

7 tyranitars
21st January 2010, 5:16 PM
well at the moment it self it wasn't funny but I was looking for a geodude for over half a hour in the cave between ore burgh and jubilife then I finalty found one next day I went back found only geodudes :S

Luxrayess
21st January 2010, 5:38 PM
Hmm... it has to be when I was item-harvesting Horsea for a Dragon Scale. On about the third or fourth Horsea...

;300; Cicero used Covet! ...

I managed to obtain that Dragon Scale! The Horsea survived, however...

;116; Wild Horsea used Leer!

Oh, the irony... Hey, I would give that thief a dirty look too if my Dragon Scale was pilfered.
I have also mentioned this previously in another thread: I have a Timid Luxray. *starts singing:* If I only had the nerve...
I have also caught a Bibarel with a neutral Nature. It's summary read: "Loves to eat; Happily eats anything."

Pucca_ness
21st January 2010, 6:19 PM
I always find it funny when you fight the black belt in the desert above resort area and his Hariyama uses endure... well you pillock you're in a SANDSTORM IT WON'T HELP YOU HERE! Ahhh sweet lols and most times it will use endure and i get it to one health and then it's hurt by sandstorm *faints* idiot.

There's possibly other things aswell but i cannot think of them although it was pretty funny (and down right FANTASTIC) when i was chaining Starly for ev training and i was on the 40 mark so i was content and happy that i was getting a shiny then my Charmander egg started to hatch. I had completally forgotten about it and what was inside? A SHINY Charmander xD One of my dream shinies and then two mins later a shiny starly aswell!

SceptileFan
21st January 2010, 10:30 PM
The funniest thing? Well it actually happened yesterday...
I was reading online that if you use the PokeRadar it increases your chances of finding a shiny Pokemon. So I figured, what the heck? I had nothing else to do on the game, so I'll go hunting for some Shiny Pokemon. Expecting to be there for awhile, I went up tot he desert route in the Battle Zone so I could train my Torterra.

The SECOND Pokemon I encountered was a Shiny Rhydon.

This was both hilarious and a pleasant surprise at the same time.

Noctourniquet
21st January 2010, 10:39 PM
The AI used Explosion in my Froslass's face. I almost screamed FAIL.

A7X_Slayer
21st January 2010, 11:05 PM
So I wuz playing Platinum about 5 dayz ago(just riding my bike around Oreberg city minding my own buisness) And then a wild pokemon encounter *Music starts*
And out of all the pokemon that i could of encountered it had to a Geodude(Shiny) I wasn't really wanting this so I traded it, even though it had desent IV's(At least I so)

but yeah I was laughing becuse it had to be first shiny since December 14 2009 ;D

weavileluver1
23rd January 2010, 8:36 PM
Funniest thing that happened to me? Well, it wasn't exactly funny but in the E4 Weavile survived 1) a Signal Beam from Lucian's Espeon w/ 44 HP left, and 2) an EQ from Cynthia's Garchomp w/ 2 HP left. And they say Weavile's defenses suck! My ;461; rules!

Noctourniquet
23rd January 2010, 8:37 PM
^ That can't happen. Ever.

GoombaGeek
23rd January 2010, 10:03 PM
Well, I was staying up until midnight playing Colosseum, and my Shadow Skiploom (new file)... kept being left with only 1 HP. I would heal it, and it would keep getting left in the extreme red again. That was mildly interesting.

Padfootismine
24th January 2010, 8:30 PM
I was breeding Shinx's. Apparantly my Luxray and Shinx don't like each other. I wasn't too bothered, just thought it would take slighty longer to get an egg.

One popped up, I left. Two seconds later, I checked the app and the was another one! So I went to get it, left, checked the app, and again, another one!

So much for not liking each other! xD

Noctourniquet
24th January 2010, 8:56 PM
^ There is not a set number of steps required to get an egg. IIRC, if they don't like each other, you have a 12.5% chance of getting an Egg every 255 steps.

Padfootismine
24th January 2010, 9:05 PM
^ I knowthat, but what I found funny was Nintendo logic.

Thor's Beard
24th January 2010, 11:27 PM
At a pokemon event in the Summer I decided to partake in a small 4 person knockout tournament. I was put up against three people 6 or 7 years my junior (I'm 18) with most likely hacked teams of legendaries, there was at least one Arceus and this was before the Japanese event. I proceeded to wipe the floor with them only to see them leave the stage and return to their parents looking rather disheartened!

Thor's Beard
24th January 2010, 11:32 PM
At a pokemon event in the Summer I decided to partake in a small 4 person knockout tournament. I was put up against three people 6 or 7 years my junior (I'm 18) with most likely hacked teams of legendaries, there was at least one Arceus and this was before the Japanese event. I proceeded to wipe the floor with them only to see them leave the stage and return to their parents looking rather disheartened!

Sy123456789
25th January 2010, 7:58 AM
What I found funny was that after 2 years of playing pokemon, many playthroughs I have never ever had a shiny (random one), my friend just started playing for the first time when he got to the route under Veilstone he found a shiny Rhyhorn, I didnt believe it untill he showed me, then I went home, my brother said he wanted a go at it and I told him to battle only, he went into the grass and found a shiny machop, WOW

Pucca_ness
27th January 2010, 6:47 PM
Oh i also went to a pokemon event some time ago. We were standing in the queue to fight David the pokemon trainer (Ash to all the little kids) and there right in front of me was a kid (age range i'd say was 7-9) ARing a lv99 Suicune and a bunch of other lv 99 legends. He was saying "Wait till he fights these he'll be so surprised! And i'll win!"

Needles to say, David wiped the floor with his lv 100 Dratini, shiny Camerupt and Exploud.

Don't ask me why he had a lv 100 Dratini i really do not know :P Maybe he just likes it.

Also when my Fiance went into a double battle with another kid against David and a kid. The kid with my fiance kept using surf :P My fiance was going nuts because it was hurting him more than any of the opponents were haha! We were all practically yelling at the kid to use another move but he was a stubborn little thing lol =P

I know it's not necessarily in game but it's still involving D/P/Pt so i hope it counts in this thread.

I also thought it was funny how i said to my other half that i had never found a moonstone in the underground... half an hour later i find one.

Dynamite
28th January 2010, 12:34 AM
I found it pretty funny when in Platinum, when you're going to Lake Verity with you're rival to catch Mesprit, there's a bit of dialogue your rival says to you that's just... xD

Rival: ...Wait! What...?! We don't have anything on us! You know, Poke Balls!
P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

I swear, the first time I saw that, I was just cracking up for a good 30 seconds. xD

denizenofevil
28th January 2010, 1:24 AM
I caught one of those pixy legendary pokemon with a pokeball on my first try.

rocky505
28th January 2010, 8:20 AM
I caught Palkia in one try didn't even have to weaken it. Dialga took three trys though.