PDA

View Full Version : Hi

rocketnyasu
16th November 2009, 1:51 AM
Hi, there! My name is Meghan, and I am a, twenty-something year old Pokemon fan. I've been a fan of Pokemon since the good ol' days of Red and Blue. As a pre-teen, I collected the cards and I still would never want to part with my collection. (I love my Japanese Here Comes Team Rocket card!) But the games and anime were always the most special to me. Pokemon isn't really a thing of nostalgia for me... I never stopped liking it, really. The fact that a group of college friends and I eagerly piled in a car to get our copies of Diamond/Pearl on the day those games first came out speaks to that.

My favorite Pokemon is Meowth. I even have a level 97 Meowth part of my team on my copy of Platinum. There are many other Pokemon I like however.

I am an artist and I enjoy family friendly comics and animation most of all. Not because I have kids... I've just always appreciated things that everyone can enjoy, and I really love animation that appeals to adults just as much as it does kids. I have been working on my own Web-comic for nearly two years. It's a very rewarding experience, even if I am not able to devote as much time as I was one able to it.

Sure, I'm a geek and a nerd, but at least I enjoy it!

sapphire_addict
16th November 2009, 2:12 AM
Hi and welcome! I'm glad you've kept with Pokemon fore so many years!

ChuklaeAquos
16th November 2009, 4:59 AM
Hi rocketnyasu! I hope you have a great time and enjoy the forums ^_^

ivanreal
16th November 2009, 5:22 AM
welcome to the forums it's cool to see the older players join here if you need help with anything please don't hesitate to ask, enjoy your stay

Skull-Kid
16th November 2009, 4:36 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Please read the rules and if you have any questions just VM/PM me or a member of staff. We'd be happy to help :)

I'll add you as a friend :) Hopefully the first of many :)

rocketnyasu
16th November 2009, 11:58 PM
Thanks, everyone for the warm welcome.

And thank you for adding me as a friend, Skull-Kid! I'll try my best to follow the rules.

Rosemary
17th November 2009, 1:10 AM
Hi welcome to the forums read the rules and have fun
and if you need help just ask :)

kabzy
17th November 2009, 6:02 PM
hi rocketnyasu, welcome to the forums :) . And yeah its great to see people in their 20s playing pokemon. Hope i can be like that too. And i love art too. Im currently working on Gym leader Erika, her japanesishness is very artistic i think :)

I'll send you a friend request too, its great to see someone who is an artist :)

rocketnyasu
17th November 2009, 10:47 PM
Thank you, rosemary and kabzy for the welcome!

And thanks for the friend request, kabzy. And it's always great to see other people who are interested in art. I'd like to see what you're working on now. Erika was always a neat looking character.