PDA

View Full Version : Teleri's Decks

Teleri(Squirtle)
16th November 2009, 4:49 PM
I was making some decks.
One for fun to play against my brother and sister
and one (half done) for tounements. Please rate and comment. :)

so first my fun deck.

pokemon
Squirtle (69/127)x4
Wartortle (65/127)x2
Blastoise (2/127) x1
Magikarp (65/100) x3
Gyarados (19/100) x1
Finneon (61/100) x2
Milotic C (35/147) x1
Snover (74/100) x3
Abomasnow (12/100) x1
Buizel (92/147) x3
Floatzel (58/147). X1
Mudkip (116/147) x3
Marshtomp (67/147) x1
Swampert (12/147) x1

TRAINER
Potion (92/100) x2
Switch (93/100) x2
Luxury Ball (86/100) x1
Dusk Ball (80/100) x2
Mom's Kindness (83/100) x2
Roseanne's Research (125/132) x2
Cynthia's Feelings (131/146) x2

ENERGY
Water energy x19

So what do you think?
I will post the other one later.
But yeah. Please rate... :)

;007;

EDIT:

here's the new one

Pokemon: (22)

Gengar GL (40/111) x2*
Gengar (Diamond & Pearl) x1*
Haunter (diamond/pearl 50) x2**
Gastly (Diamond/pearl 82) x2**
Gastly (Stormfront 62) x2**
Shuppet (Platinum 92) x2**
Banette (Platinum 19) x1 *
Seviper (Platinum) x 2 **
Squirtle (Secret Wonders) x2 **
Magikarp x2
Gyarados x1
Quagsire GL (rising rival) x2 **
Milotic C

Trainers (5)
Luxury Ball x1
Dusk Ball x2
Great Ball x2
Switch x2

Supporters (8)
Buck's training x2 **
Roseanne's Research x2
Cynthia's Feelings x2
Mom's kindness x2
Pokemon Contest hall x1

Energy (19)
Psychic Energy x 9
Water Energy x 10

still 6 short... any ideas?
should i put in 2 snover and a Abomasnow? or just leave it? it looks like a lot of pokemon so...

Teleri(Squirtle)
16th November 2009, 4:56 PM
And the second deck.
I know it's only half done but I am working on it... Lol
help! XD

Gengar GL (40/111) x2
Gengar (27/130) x2
Huanter (50/130) x2
Gastly (82/130) x2
Gastly (62/100)x2
Shuppet (92/127) x3
Psychic Energy x10
Bebe's Search x2
Roseanne's Research x2
Switch x2
Potion x1

the tactics for this deck is to get things out fast and do a load of dammege then hide... lol
if you know Gengar GL's atack Attack and Hide you will know what i mean.

Poke_Mania97
16th November 2009, 9:53 PM
i would lower the pokemon to about 20-25. enrergy is good. btw im talking about the water one.

Teleri(Squirtle)
16th November 2009, 10:04 PM
ok how about me removing
Buizel (92/147) x3
and
Floatzel (58/147). X1

?
lol what should I swap them for?
do you have any idea what the oter half of my taunie deck should be?
thanks

;007;

Teleri(Squirtle)
17th November 2009, 11:51 PM
Ok so I have decided to mix the decks. they don't go together very well but I like the types...
I have found a place that has mini tounements and random games and stuff every saterday nearby so I will use it when i start to go...
I just need a few cards... (if anyone has any of them please contact me and i will pay/trade for them, I will mark them with a * for each card i need)

EDIT:

Pokemon:
Gengar GL (40/111) x2*
Gengar (Arceus 16) x1*
Magikarp x2
Gyarados x1

Trainers
Luxury Ball x1
Dusk Ball x2
Switch x2
Energy Switch x2

Supporters
Mom's Kindness x2
Roseanne's Research x2
Cynthia's Feelings x2

Energy
Psychic Energy x 9
Water Energy x 10

So... what do you think?
I still need 13 cards...
Help...(Please)

Nidoprince
18th November 2009, 5:54 AM
Ok so I have decided to mix the decks. they don't go together very well but I like the types...
I have found a place that has mini tounements and random games and stuff every saterday nearby so I will use it when i start to go...
I just need a few cards... (if anyone has any of them please contact me and i will pay/trade for them, I will mark them with a * for each card i need)

Pokemon
Squirtle (96/127) x4 ***
Wartortle (65/127) x2 **
Blastoise (2/127) x1 *
Magikarp (65/100) x3
Gyarados (19/100) x1
Gengar GL (40/111) x2*
Gengar (27/130) x1*
Haunter (50/130) x2**
Gastly (82/127) x2**
Gastly (62/111) x2**
Shuppet (92/127) x3***

Trainers
Luxury Ball x1
Dusk Ball x2
Switch x2
Energy Switch x2
Potion x1

Supporters
Mom's Kindness x2
Roseanne's Research x2
Cynthia's Feelings x1

Energy
Water Energy x11
Psychic Energy x 9

So... what do you think?

First of all, it's really hard trying to evolve two 3 cell Pokemon families in a game, so I'd stick to just one in order to focus on it. If you tell me what set these are from (The numbers don't matter if you don't have the set!) then I'll help you on it, but for now, I can't. I'd also stick a Rare Candy or a few in there for good mesure. They're great cards, and if you have the right cards in your hand for evolving on the first turn, then Rare Candy is the card for you. And I don't see the point of one potion :/ I'd exchange it for either a Bebe's Search or another Cynthia's Feelings. I'd also put in some more SPs in there, or more basic Pokemon. In short, this is what'd I'd do if I were you:

Pokemon:
Squirtle x4
Wartortle x2
Blastoise x1
Or
Gastly x4
Haunter x2
Gengar x1 (And mabye use a Lv. X with him if you are willing to get a booster box to look for it, or buy it off Ebay.)

Gengar GL x2

Shuppet x4
Bannette x2

Or if you feel comfortable, or want space for something else:

Suppet x2
Bannette x1

Psychic/Water SPs or Basic Pokemon

That's some ideas for Pokemon. And for the trainers, just use some more Rare Candies and take out a Potion.

Those are my opinons, I'm a beginner at the TCG, so if you feel in your gut that something isn't right, then it's probably not ^_^' And that's only for fun anyway, so a few minor changes and you could win most matches you play. Use most of your rare cards and more for your champ deck, if you are scarce on Rare Candies or something.

Teleri(Squirtle)
18th November 2009, 4:38 PM
I have edited the above post with the new deck.
Thanks for the help :D
;007;

Nidoprince
18th November 2009, 5:49 PM
You know, I ran into the same problem that you just ran into. I couldn't fit water into my Psychic deck :/ So now it's just psychic. I'd also add some more energy in there if that's the case. I'd put in about 20, but if you have some Scoop Up and Energy Switch, I'd probably put less.

Teleri(Squirtle)
18th November 2009, 6:08 PM
yeah... it a dificult one...
hmmm
HOw about having only squirtle(secret wonders) x2
and nothing else. just have it as a basic.
then add gyarados again? would that be any good?

Nidoprince
18th November 2009, 6:34 PM
Yea, you just need to swap some families. Like, instead of doing Shuppet and Bannette, do Majikarp and Gyarados. Like that.

Teleri(Squirtle)
18th November 2009, 6:58 PM
another update... :D
;007;

Teleri(Squirtle)
23rd November 2009, 3:27 PM
I have changed it again... :)
I have marked the cards I don't have with a * so if you have them I will pay £0.50 for commons and £1 for the others unles it rarer then £1.50. :)

Pokemon: 14
Gengar GL (40/111) x2*
Gengar (Arceus 16) x1*
snover (stormfront 74) x2
Abomasnow (stormfront 12) x1

Trainers x5
Luxury Ball x1
Dusk Ball x2
Switch x2

Supporters x6
Mom's Kindness x2
Roseanne's Research x2
Cynthia's Feelings x2

Energy x19
Psychic Energy x 9
Water Energy x 10

so what you think?

Teleri(Squirtle)
23rd November 2009, 3:32 PM

Pokemon: 14
Gengar GL (40/111) x2*
Gengar (Arceus 16) x1*
snover (stormfront 74) x2
Abomasnow (stormfront 12) x1
Milotic C

Trainers x5
Luxury Ball x1
Dusk Ball x2
Switch x2

Supporters x6
Mom's Kindness x2
Roseanne's Research x2
Cynthia's Feelings x2

Energy x19
Psychic Energy x 9
Water Energy x 10

so what you think?

Nidoprince
24th November 2009, 3:02 AM
I'd add in a few Rare Candies if you could. Probably just 2 for you. I don't know what else you could do, but I can however, give you advice on where to get cards. First of all, in the TCG discussion forum, which is the main forum of this one, you'll find a sticky for trading. You can post your wants in one, your haves in the other. And, if you'd rather not meet people in person/ship it to them (Like me. I imagine that's what you do.), then here's where you can buy those cards:

Gengar GL x2 (Cutting Edge theme deck, the one with Gallade on it, Psychic and Grass.)
Gengar (Stormshaper theme deck, the one that has the yellow Arceus on it and is Psychic and Electric.)
Haunter (Same as above)
Gastly (Same as above)

As for Squirtle, you'll just have to get Secret Wonders booster packs. If you can, whenever you're out at a Pokemon Card carrying place I'd buy a few packs of it. Whenever I want a certain card, I buy one pack every time I'm out.

Teleri(Squirtle)
24th November 2009, 10:29 AM
yeah. i will check it out. sounds cool

well my sister has the cutting edge deck and I might get a load of a friend at some point and if they dont have it i might have to buy them...

I have found a company that sell single cards(and decks) from alll the sets
so I will probably get some from there.

http://www.pokeorder.com/

so yeah. thanks for the addvice.
one question, is it easy to trade in a taunement?
lol i was wandering as I want to start going when i have alll of my deck built... :D

Nidoprince
24th November 2009, 4:40 PM
In a tournament? I've never been to one (I will though, at the city championship) but I do know that it is very easy to trade at a league. And, pretty much all the cards you want, the league leader might give it to you for free. They have BUNCHES of cards that are mainly duplicates, and I got some too. So yea, visit one sometime and try it out.

Teleri(Squirtle)
24th November 2009, 7:31 PM
Cool, I will try it out. :)

Poke_Mania97
24th November 2009, 8:11 PM
hm ur a water and psycic person. why not get that milotic c overflow deck? ooh maybe u want to make your vry own one.

im nt saying u need to but if u find a gengar lv x, it will be awseome to put it in ur deck

Nidoprince
24th November 2009, 10:02 PM
Yea, if you have the extra money, and you really like to play and have gotten into it, get a booster box. It's different if you just play at home, and buy packs here and there, but if you've, lets say, entered 5 tournaments and are a member of a league, and you really like a set and you don't even have one Lv. X in your deck, buy a booster box. They're 80 dollars, but they contain 36 packs, and AT LEAST one Lv. X card. I'd suggest going to Youtube and type in "Pokemon Booster Box" and see what they open up, and go from there. They show you all the good cards in the set from what they open in the vids.

Teleri(Squirtle)
25th November 2009, 10:48 AM
hm ur a water and psycic person. why not get that milotic c overflow deck? ooh maybe u want to make your vry own one.

im nt saying u need to but if u find a gengar lv x, it will be awseome to put it in ur deck

I was thinking of adding the milotic c, and the lv x would be great. :D

nidoprince, that box idea is amazing! And it's Christmas soon. That's On my Christmas list! :D
lol yeah, I have found a leage, just waiting to finnish the deck before joining... :)

Nidoprince
25th November 2009, 4:40 PM
No problem, but the only thing is that...if you're asking you're mom or dad or something, they'll probably NEVER give it to you. I remember when I wanted a 10 dollar card, and my parents are very flexible, and that ruined their whole day just the thought of it! I also learned about boxes, and they said that you never get anything good, but I wasn't asking for it at the time because I knew they wouldn't buy it for me. So I would put faith in Santa for that, or just save up money. My mom gets 100 dollars every year, so yea, I don't see why you wouldn't.

Not to be too off topic, but what's hilarious is that when I was choosing between a few booster packs or an Overflow deck, I got a few Stormfront packs and one Supreme Victors pack to try it out, and that was my first pack and I got Milotic C. Everything that's a top card that I don't want seems to come up. Like Uxie from LA, but I use it now.

EDIT: If you want a good set to get a box from, go here. (http://www.serebii.net/card/dpt.shtml) Those are all the current legal sets. Look them over and see which one is best for you.

Teleri(Squirtle)
26th November 2009, 11:34 AM
thanks yeah, I Really hope i get the box, i cant wait until christmas... :D

It can be so funny, my friend got a deck and i got a booster and it had the same rare... :D

I think i will go for Mysterious treasures booster box...

later i will edit my post again with a few changes... :D

Nidoprince
26th November 2009, 4:21 PM
Personally I don't like the MT set mostly because it doesn't have SPs. I'm getting Rising Rivals for that reason, in hopes of getting all of the Psychic SPs. But since you don't have Time-Space Distortion, you should definatly get it.

Teleri(Squirtle)
26th November 2009, 6:10 PM
What's the best series in your opinion?
;007;

Nidoprince
26th November 2009, 7:33 PM
For me? For every card in the set, I'd have to say...it's tough actually...Each set is good for certain things. So I can't really say. But I can say this: That if you want Pokemon that are easy to play and are pretty decent, then you need a lot of SPs, and those can be found a lot in Platinum Rising Rivals and Platinum Supreme Victors. If you want more powerful Pokemon and trainers, and Pokemon that are harder to play but better, stick with one of the DP sets or Arceus. If you want a fair mix, go with Platinum. If you're going with a Platinum set, Platinum or Rising Rivals is best, especially for your deck. I'm not very familiar with the DP sets, so you'll have to do some research.

Teleri(Squirtle)
26th November 2009, 8:09 PM
Cool, I think i'l choose the rising rivals box, I was going to pick one with a squirtle in it... But rising rivals seems to be a better choice.
Thanks for all your help by the way.
;)

Nidoprince
26th November 2009, 8:56 PM
No problem, but see it's best to do a set that you want the most cards from. If I'm not getting the Rising Rivals box, I'd have to buy:

Gallade 4 Lv. X
Alakazam 4 Lv. X
Mismagius GL Lv. X
Alakazam 4
Mismagius GL
Gallade 4
Espeon 4

All induvidually, and that's about the same price as a box altogether...Besides, Squirtle is a common card, you can buy it for really cheap or just try some booster packs. So just remember to always get a box if you really like a lot of the cards in the set.

Teleri(Squirtle)
26th November 2009, 10:08 PM
I think I will go for the platinum box.
:D

it has I lot of cards that I like and will fit into my deck... :) what do you think?

Nidoprince
26th November 2009, 10:29 PM
It's your choice, really. I'm not trying to tell you what to buy, because you're the one who has to choose in the end. But, I have to say, that's a great choice for your deck.

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th November 2009, 3:44 PM
I hope to make an order from pokeorder later.. i was thinking about adding a Platinum Seviper... what do you think?
it's attacks fit in with the deck so...
:D

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 5:29 PM
Seviper's really good, and you should be able to get even more if you buy that box.

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th November 2009, 9:14 PM
yeah, that's one of the resons I picked that box. it has loads of cards that fit the deck... XD

;007;

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 9:24 PM
Also, if you get more SPs in your deck, try Energy Gain from Platinum. If I wasn't getting Rising Rivals, I would get Platinum for that reason and yours. It lowers the cost of energy for SPs by one colourless energy. So anything that needs 2 energy only needs one, and anything for 3 energy only needs 2. I would get as many as possible if you get more SPs.

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th November 2009, 9:28 PM
Wow, thats a good idea. haddent thought about it.
What water SP's are there in platinum?

i will post a update very soon... XD

;007;

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 9:43 PM
Lets see...

Dialga G
Palkia G
Weavile G
Gyarados G
Toxicroak G
Bronzong G
Crobat G
Houndoom G
Honchkrow G
Purugly G
Skuntank G
Dialga G Lv. X
Palkia G Lv. X

Just so you know, in the box, you're pretty much guaranteed to get one or more Lv. X. Most videos I've seen, people get like, 2 Lv. X in one box. Anyway, that's the list of all the Platinum SPs.

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th November 2009, 9:56 PM
I like the sound of
Weavile G
Gyarados G
Crobat G

lol
;007;

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th November 2009, 9:59 PM
Pokemon:
Gengar GL (40/111) x2*
Gengar (Arceus 16) x1*
Magikarp x2
Gyarados x1

Trainers
Luxury Ball x1
Dusk Ball x2
Switch x2
Energy Switch x2

Supporters
Buck's training x2 **
Roseanne's Research x2
Cynthia's Feelings x2

Energy
Psychic Energy x 9
Water Energy x 10

still 7 short... any ideas?

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 10:27 PM
I'd exchange 2 Mom's Kindness for 2 Buck's Training. They do the same thing, but you can do 10 more damage than usual if you play it and attack after.

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th November 2009, 10:36 PM
That's a good idea. What set is that in?
Any ideas for the other 11 spaces...? Lol XD

;007;

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 10:40 PM
It's from Legends Awakened. You can just get the Heatran deck from the series and easily get 2 along with some other cards. For the other spaces, it all depends what you have that's Psychic/Water. If you show me some that you've been thinking of, I'll tell you what to do for replacements. Right now that's what I'm doing since I'm missing way more than 11 spaces XD

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th November 2009, 11:22 PM
I'll have a look,

I have added another update. :D

later I hope to buy my cards... So I will update then :)
;007;

UPDATE(still waiting to buy them though...)

so here it is. i have added a stadium and 2 greatballs so... that leaves me with 2 more spaces i think... any ideas?

Pokemon: (22)

Gengar GL (40/111) x2*
Gengar (Diamond & Pearl) x1*
Magikarp x2
Gyarados x1
Milotic C x1

Trainers (7)
Luxury Ball x1
Dusk Ball x2
Great Ball x2
Switch x2

Supporters (9)
Buck's training x2 **
Roseanne's Research x2
Cynthia's Feelings x2
Mom's kindness x2
Pokemon Contest hall x1

Energy (18)
Psychic Energy x 9
Water Energy x 9

what do you think?

;007;

Teleri(Squirtle)
9th December 2009, 8:31 PM
My Brother Has just pulled(or whatever) A

LV X!!!
It's the flotzle gl lvx card... wow its cool!

;oo7;

Poke_Mania97
28th December 2009, 6:49 PM
wow lv x pull!

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th December 2009, 12:17 AM
Yeah, and today I pulled a raqwasa c lvl x in a booster. But it was in the raquasa tin... Lol so I have two. One promo and one normal... :)
I am thinking of changing a few cards In my deck. I will probably update tommorow:)

Nidoprince
29th December 2009, 1:25 AM
Hmm...Floatzel GL would be a great addition to your deck, but not Rayquaza C, unless you add Fighting. Actually, Floatzel GL is one of the best Water Lv. X IMO. On a side note, you're so lucky, I found a Rayquaza tin in Target yesterday but some jerk opened the tin and took the Lv. X. And, out of every pack I've opened, I've never gotten a Lv. X.