PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Force Deck (Modified)

Nidoprince
22nd November 2009, 6:30 PM
This is my possible BR deck. It's between either this or Mightyena!

Pokemon (22):

2 Duskull (Stormfront, 59/100) - 1 Dusclops (Stormfront, 35/100) - 2 Dusknoir (Both Stormfront) - 1 Dusknoir Lv. X (Stormfront, 96/100)
2 Gastly (Stormfront, 62/100) - 2 Haunter (Arceus, 41/99) - 2 Gengar (DP 27/130 and Arceus 16/99 "Cursegar") - 1 Gengar Lv. X (Arceus, 97/99)
2 Baltoy (Great Encounters, 60/106) - 2 Claydol (Great Encounters, 15/106)
4 Spiritomb (Arceus, 32/99)
1 Azelf (Legends Awakened, 19/146)

Trainers (10):

1 Luxury Ball
4 Rare Candy
1 Premier Ball
4 Pokedrawer+

Supporters (11):

4 Roseanne's Research
2 Palmer's Contribution
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Bebe's Search

Stadiums (2):

1 Moonlight Stadium
1 Miasma Valley

Energy (15):

13 Psychic Energy
2 Cyclone Energy

I'm pretty flexible with what cards I need to use, as long as the card isn't super expensive.

Strategy:

Hopefully start with Spiritomb (4 Spiritomb gives decent probability, the rest are Pokemon Communication bait), set up any other basics, but aim to start up Dusknoir. Retreat with Moonlight, or by paying the cost, bring out Dusknoir and battle with it while finishing up Gengar, let Dusky die, bring up Gengar DP and level it up, and Curse with Cursegar and Shadow Dance and Life Drain with the other to make multiple KOs. If I can't make multiple KOs or any KOs with Shadow Dance/Life Drain/Curse combo, I Compound Pain (Which I can do with Dusknoir's Ectoplasm) to make KOs or I just use that and Curse to warm up Shadow Dance. A few things I'm having trouble with:

Nidoqueen...?

Should I bulk Gengar and/or Dusknoir?

NM or Palmer's?

Rate please. Thanks for taking a look!

Teleri(Squirtle)
22nd November 2009, 6:44 PM
Nice
it's really cool, I
like the changes.

Nidoprince
24th November 2009, 3:09 AM
Thanks :D I got the League leader at a Pokemon League to give me some new cards to use. I gave her some of my old rares for all her trouble though. Now all I have to do is get:

Moonlight Stadium
Dusknoir Lv. X
Gallade 4 Lv. X
Uxie Lv. X (Should I?)
Dusknoir (Promo)

And I'm all set. I just don't know what to remove, so I posted here...Any suggestions, and should I add some of the cards I listed after the deck?

Nidoprince
28th November 2009, 5:35 PM
Another update...One thing I don't get is how other people get so many page views and replies, while only one kind person posted here...

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 8:36 PM
Yet another update...I traded my Time-Space Distortion for my old Dragonite I accidently traded because I thought I had a double of, but I'll just buy it for cash. I also got Moonlight Stadium in there and took out a Roseanne's Research. *Waits patiently for rate*

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th November 2009, 9:12 PM
I Really like it! XD
I like seeing how it's evolved since i first saw it... XD
one question. how dependent is you deck on getting cards out fast...?
just wandering as I can think of only one thing to change... but its only if you need to get cards out fast...
but i think its really cool.
have you played a game with it newly updated?

;007;

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 9:21 PM
No, I haven't for the latest update. I will tonight though. My deck does need to get cards out fast, but it mainly relies on the energy pulled out. If I don't have an energy in my hand for a single turn, I'm doomed right then. That's why I put in more energy, and it helps. Overall, that's one thing in my deck that would win me a ton of games, because I have a lot of good Pokemon, but they need to go through stages and energy and such to be good.

EDIT: I just forgot: Now that I have Moonlight Stadium, I can get the best out of Skuntank G. Just need to know how many to put in and what to exchange for it.

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th November 2009, 9:26 PM
then i would add a card that get energies into you hand... i'v forgoten the name... i will have a look.
and maybe a rare candy(i dont have any, but want one so much...)
well good luck tonight.
XD

;007;

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 9:36 PM
You mean Energy Search? I wish I could just get more Roseanne's Research though, because not only do they search your deck for a basic Pokemon, but they can also search your deck for an energy. I just need to get 2 more of those. As for Rare Candy, I could do those, I did at one point, but then I decided I'd rather use other cards. Still a good card though, I might use it instead of Potion, since they're useless in my deck of high HP Pokemon. I need like Super Potion, Hyper Potion, etc. instead.

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th November 2009, 9:55 PM
yeah, energy search... lol thats it. *embaresd*
yeah i would swap the potion for 2 rare candies...
lol

;007;

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 10:24 PM
Feh, you're better than I am. I'm too lazy to even look through every card for a good one that fits in somebody's deck. But that's a good idea. I'll update it soon, thanks!

pokezack101
30th November 2009, 12:23 AM
Very nice deck and no I think you should not add uxie lv because it works better if you have all three

Nidoprince
30th November 2009, 12:27 AM
All three what exactly? If you're talking about the lake trio, then I think you're getting confused with Mesprit Lv. X. Uxie Lv. X does Zen Blade, which does 60 damage for 2 energy, but you can't use Zen Blade next turn.

Teleri(Squirtle)
30th November 2009, 12:08 PM
I would add

Underground Expedition 2
Aaron's Collection 2
Mom's Kindness 2
Skuntank G 2

but it's up to you...
;007;

Light Venusaur
30th November 2009, 12:10 PM
Try adding in Baltoy/CLaydols...for extra drawing power....also to along side that Uxie of yours.

Nidoprince
30th November 2009, 5:19 PM
Problem is that I only have 1 Psychic Baltoy that's not from the DPPt sets, and no Claydol. I'll try and get some though, thanks!

I have 3 Skuntank G in my deck now, I'll take one out if I don't need it. What does Aaron's Collection do again? I'm going to exchange Mom's Kindness for Buck's Training, they do the same thing but you can do 10 extra damage when you attack. I don't know about Underground Expedition, because why do that if you can search your whole deck for 2 Pokemon, and not just the 2 bottom ones? I'm talking about Roseanne's Research, I need a lot, same with Energy Gain. Basically, all the Trainers will add up like this:

Energy Gain x3
Roseanne's Research x3
Energy Search x2
Buck's Training x2
Moonlight Stadium x1

Should I do x2 Roseanne's Research and x4 Energy Gain, or 3 of each to even it out?

Lucario_X_Froslass
30th November 2009, 9:00 PM
Hmm... Seeing that you now have Uxie, you have drawpower! \o/ Try running that with PlusPower and Expert Belt if you can get it. And 4 Shuppet. Just go turbo. Run as many Roseanne's Research and Underground Expedition until you get more stuff. From what you have, this is a good base.

4 Shuppet
1 Uxie (GET MORE!)
1 Skuntank G
1 Giratina Let Loose...if you wanna
3 Roseanne's Research
2 Buck's Training
A few Energy...but make sure you have stuff to get them quickly
PokeDex
1 Luxury Ball
About 2 PokeBall
4 PlusPower
Any burnable trainers

IDK. That's a start for turbo Shuppet... ^_^;

~L_X_F

Nidoprince
1st December 2009, 1:16 AM
I can get 1 more Uxie for my league. I've had Uxie pretty much ever since Legends Awakened came out. I have like, mabye 1 or 2 PlusPower, and I didn't know I could use just one Skuntank G. I'll try that. I'm not a big fan of Pokedex and Pokeball to tell you the truth. I'm OK with Pokedex, but thanks to the coin flip with Pokeball, it got majorly unnactractive for me. I'm kinda short on time now so I can't tell you what I think of everything, but that helps a lot, thanks!

Teleri(Squirtle)
2nd December 2009, 12:00 PM
I like the trainers. :)
they go well with the deck.
;007;

Nidoprince
2nd December 2009, 9:57 PM
Thanks, but I got a Cynthia's Feelings today, and I wonder if I should put it in my deck instead of something else...I also have a Luxury Ball, don't know if I should use that or not either.

Teleri(Squirtle)
2nd December 2009, 10:14 PM
I would put one or two in and swap it for some energys
lol please let us know if you win or loose any battles... ;)
;007;

Nidoprince
3rd December 2009, 3:18 AM
I've won like, 2 battles, against someone with a Royal Frost starter deck both times. I think that now that I have Energy Search, that won't be a problem, doing 1 or 2 less Energy. I got a second Uxie today, should I put it in my deck? I will for sure if Uxie Lv. X is an option, if not I might still use it, not sure.

Light Venusaur
3rd December 2009, 4:46 AM
Tell me what you think of this one.
.::Pokemon (22)::.
2x Giratina (#10-Pt1)
1x Giratina Lv.X (Tin)
2x Uxie
2x Baltoy (SV)
2x Claydol (GE)
3x Duskull (#59-SF)
2x Dusclops (#34-SF)
1x Dusknoir (#17-SF)
1x Dusknoir Lv.X (#96-SF)
2x Gallade 4 (RR)
1x Gallde 4 Lv.X
2x Alakazam 4 (#38-RR)
1x Alakazam 4 Lv.X (RR)

.::Trainers (18)::.
2x Luxuray Ball
2x Premier Ball
2x Prof. Oak's Visit
2x Rare Candy
2x Rosie's
2x Buck's
2x Moonlight Stadium
2x Mom's Kindness
2x Bebe's Search

.::Energy (20)::.
14x Psychic
3x Upper
3x Call

Nidoprince
3rd December 2009, 2:45 PM
Unless I get Alakazam 4 Lv. X in my RR booster box, I don't want it in my deck. I for sure want Gallade 4 Lv. X and Dusknoir Lv. X, and then the rest, Uxie Lv. X, Alakazam 4 Lv. X, and Mismagius GL Lv. X are optional. And I don't have a second Luxury Ball, which is pointless anyway because you can only have one. That's a great idea though, I'll take all that into consideration.

Oh yea, I forgot to tell you guys...Today, I'll be ordering my cards! They'll probably include...

Dusknoir Lv. X
Buck's Training
Rosseanne's Research x2
Energy Gain x2
And mabye TG's Mars x1/2

Teleri(Squirtle)
5th December 2009, 11:53 AM
Where do you
order your cards from? I hope to order mine later...

;007;

Nidoprince
5th December 2009, 2:54 PM
I get them off Ebay, but from good sellers, because if you buy from a bad one, there's a good chance you'll get a fake card. Oh yea, here's what I ended up getting:

Dusknoir Lv. X
Energy Gain x2
Team Galactic's Mars x3 (It was only 3 dollars, which was cheaper than getting one)
Buck's Training

I didn't get Roseanne's because it was really expensive for a UNCOMMON card. It was 12 dollars for 2, and I was on a 30 dollar budget, so I decided that I'd trade it with someone at the league, since it's a popular card anyway.

Teleri(Squirtle)
7th December 2009, 12:29 PM
Nice haul
I use pokeorder, it just seems the cheapest. i have all the cards missing from my deck and some random cool cards(meowth and a psyduck and a few others)
for 26.03, and its like... 20 cards, i dont know if thats any good...

whats the best card to get pokemon into your hand?

Nidoprince
7th December 2009, 4:10 PM
From your bench, I'd say a type of Scoop Up card, or for SPs that one in Platinum, forgot what it was called, Turn something, I think. Then the best card to get cards from your deck into your hand is Luxury Ball. You can search for any Pokemon, excluding Lv. X, but the only catch is that you can only have one in your deck :/

I'm finnally starting to get better--I've won another 2 matches at the league, lost one.

Teleri(Squirtle)
7th December 2009, 9:37 PM
Thanks I will have a look later :)

nice welldone. :D

Nidoprince
7th December 2009, 11:02 PM
I just got some my cards in the mail. The only ones I didn't get was TG's Mars, but the rest were fast shipping anyway. I'll work everything out when I need to, AKA: Sometime before or at League. I'll also wait until I get Cynthia's Feelings and TG's Mars, or it's a waste.

Lucario_X_Froslass
8th December 2009, 8:38 PM
Well, if you're gonna buy cards, the Shuppet deck I put in the deck garage is good and cheap to build. A bunch of builds have won multiple Cities, and that's one of them. You should also add in a Memory Berry in my deck to beat good Gyarados with Mr. Mime and to return Banette to your hand so you can counter Mewtwo Lv.X faster (1 energy ^_^) You could-if I hadn't already-add a TM TS-2 Devolutor to beat Gyarados directly. Just ask about my build and I'll modify it for budget reasons.

~L_X_F

Nidoprince
12th December 2009, 4:48 AM
If trading/selling is what you're after, then I can't and never will, sorry, I just don't :/ I'd rather build my own deck anyway, that's half the fun of PTCG. I think I have most cards you have in your deck anyway. You said to add more Uxie in my deck, exactly how many would you reccomend total? I have 2 now, but I'll get a third on Saturday since I only need one more battle to complete my scorecard in the league.

Just to not double post, I quoted my old one. Anyway, got another update. I'll probably update this after the holidays thanks to gifts and cash (Hey, who said I can't spend a certain fraction on Pokemon cards? Perfect opportunity to get my booster box!) along with my cards I ordered.

EDIT: Update. I've bought a Darkrai tin and pulled a Gallade 4, so I'll be adding that into my deck.

Teleri(Squirtle)
19th December 2009, 12:32 AM
Nice,
I love gallade, and tha is a nice card,
did you get it holo or?..
Lol

Nidoprince
19th December 2009, 1:04 AM
Uh, it was a reverse holo. I have a regular holo already from the Gallade deck.

Teleri(Squirtle)
19th December 2009, 12:12 PM
Ah cool, will you put them both in or just one?

Nidoprince
19th December 2009, 3:34 PM
Both, because I know someone who has Gallade 4 Lv. X and I might get it today. It's best to have more basics if you have the Lv. X version.

Teleri(Squirtle)
29th December 2009, 12:22 AM
Nice(sorry it's been so long)
did you get it? Lol
have you won any more battles?
;007;

Nidoprince
1st January 2010, 1:38 AM
Not the Gallade 4 Lv. X =_= I'm going to get a booster box and hope for it. Oh yea, and last time I went to League it was deserted, so I only played 2 battles, one I won, one I lost.

Quote of old post to not double post. Anyways, I have another update, but what I'm mainly after is to get rid of some of the Pokemon for trainers. I play my other deck with over 30 trainers, and even though that's a lot, I realized lots of trainers helps a lot. With the other deck there wasn't many good Pokemon, but let's say I did a mix of good Pokemon and lots of trainers.

I might ditch Gallade 4 until I get the Lv. X version. I've never gotten a chance to show off Mismagius, so I don't know how well it works. Actually, if I've never brought it up in battle, that may prove I should get rid of it. Then there's Giratina, Bannette, and others, but another problem is this: There are other cards that go well in the deck once I get them, like the lake trio, Mewtwo, and others. And the absolute worst part is that I can't tweak and test in League for a while. >_<

Liriane
1st January 2010, 3:05 AM
Maybe Take out the Mismagius and Baynette, But it's a great deck

Nidoprince
2nd January 2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks, I'll consider it ^^ Anyways, I downloaded a program called Redshark, where I can battle people with cards I might not even have. So let's say I want to invest in a 30 dollar card, I can try it on Redshark, and if I don't like it, I don't waste my money.

Quote of old post.

Anyways, I have a few cards that I think are worth putting in, but I don't know what to take out. Here's what I have:

Bebe's Search x2
Premier Ball
LA Azelf
Another LA Uxie
Crobat G
Great Ball x2

I don't have any more of what's listed, except for Great Ball. :/ Here's what I've been thinking of taking out:

Mismagius and Misdreavus (Espeon 4 will be the replacement when I get it. It's exactly the same, but it's an SP, thus easier to play.)

EDIT: Here's what I took out and added:

Removed:

Misdreavus x2
Mismagius
Duskull

Put in:

Uxie
Premier Ball
Bebe's Search x2

GalladeTheGreat
3rd January 2010, 2:54 AM
Hey Nidoprince, if you haven't already can you edit your deck on the first page, then I would be happy to help you out some more but right now I have no idea whats in your deck haha.

Nidoprince
3rd January 2010, 3:52 AM
Yes, I've just edited the first post with the changes.

GalladeTheGreat
3rd January 2010, 5:28 AM
Looks like a really good deck. You could also try mixing up your Dusknoir and using one of the two from Stormfront, I have them both and they are both really good. You could also try another Giratina even if its LV.X and finally for this deck you should have 4 Roseanne's Research. Hope that helps.

Nidoprince
3rd January 2010, 6:39 AM
I don't have anything you've listed, but I do have one more LA Giratina. I like all the Dusknoir, but the promo one is the easiest to get, and I like that one.

Teleri(Squirtle)
3rd January 2010, 8:10 PM
I would put one of both in...
But what to swap them for... I don't know...

Nidoprince
4th January 2010, 1:08 AM
One of what exactly?

GalladeTheGreat
4th January 2010, 5:20 PM
He's talking about the Dusknoir I think :S
Dusknoir front Stormfront is really good and the promo is good too but I recommend mixing them up because they both have different abilities and attacks.

Teleri(Squirtle)
4th January 2010, 8:40 PM
Yeah I ment one of each dusknoir... Sorry should of posted the name...

Nidoprince
11th January 2010, 12:27 AM
I'll try and get it then. I only use both Promo Dusknoir because that's what I have and can afford for now.

Quote of old post. Anyways, I got A LOT of good cards that are worth considering:

4 Pokedrawer +
2 Pokehealer + (I'll try to get more)
Roserade SF family
Darkness Mist Dusknoir (Is this the good one?)
Another Premier Ball
Giratina LA (Is it better than Strafe Giratina?)

GalladeTheGreat
11th January 2010, 3:23 AM
All those cards should help your deck, I know you don't like doing RL trades but I have a bunch of those cards if your willing to trade for them. Dusknoir 17/100 is really good but so is Dusknoir 1/100. So it really depends which one you can get your hands on. I think I'm gonna try and make a deck like yours, test it out and let you know what works :).

Nidoprince
11th January 2010, 5:11 AM
Uh, I got all those cards in packs, that's why I posted them. There are a bunch of reason I don't do RL trades (Unless I know them in real life), but I won't discuss it on a deck thread.

Sinnohdragon
1st February 2010, 6:21 PM
It doesn't look bad, but i'm slightly confused as to what the strategy is. Is it to snipe and spread? There seems to be an awful lot of different Pok&#233;mon. I'm not an expert in SP decks but you do have 2 different 3 stage lines and some level Xs. Because if its a spread deck i understand the Gallade, Dusknoir and Gengar but i don't think Giratina is necessary. But if you're using Skuntank Gs then isn't there a deck specific for them using poison and other Sps like Toxicroak?

Nidoprince
13th March 2010, 10:07 PM
The strategy is to load up Dusknoir ASAP so if it gets KO'd it'll still be early in the game enough to have Ectoplasm work. I'm waiting until I can get all the lake trio and Gallade 4 Lv. X for a new strategy.

Quote of old post to not double post.

UPDATE!

-1 Giratina Wrack Down
-2 Bebe's Search
-2 Dusclops
-2 Shuppet
-1 Bannette
-2 Energy Search
-2 Gallade 4

+3 Roseanne's
+1 Cyrus's Conspiracy
+2 Prof. Elm's
+1 Giratina Earth Power
+1 Espeon 4
+1 Moonlight Stadium
+1 Roserade SF
+2 Roselia SF

Quotes of old posts. Another update--here's what I've done:

-2 Psychic Energy
-1 Skuntank G
-2 TG's Mars
-2 Gengar GL
-1 Espeon 4
-1 Cyrus's Conspiracy
-2 Energy Gain
-2 Prof. Elm's
-1 Rotom
-1 Pokemon Rescue
-1 Buck's

+1 Azelf LA
+1 Moonlight
+2 Bebe's
+1 Premier Ball
+2 Pokedex
+2 Oak's New Theory
+1 Giratina Broken-Space
+1 Dusclops
+1 Duskull
+4 Pokedrawer+
+1 Night Maintenance
+1 Palmer's

blaZofgold
6th April 2010, 12:01 AM
No lake trio. Takes too long to set up
I personally am bias against SP...it defeats the purpose of evolved pokemon

I like your original idea with Giratina and all....
Why not put Gengar Lv X in? That card is evil...Had to face 3 PEOPLE AT A PREMIER EVENT WITH THAT CARD!!!!!!

Nidoprince
6th April 2010, 1:07 AM
Wow, this deck is oooold. I've taken out so much O_O This has turned into my own version of Duskgar, I'll update it. Sorry about that, and thanks even though I already did everything you said before :P

ies14425
13th April 2010, 4:19 AM
Admin (http://jqbvq8.sosblog.com/The-first-blog-b1/She-d-had-to-wear-mourning-on-the-ship-but-now-b1-p26.htm)nf9iu9nn (http://nf9iu9nn.insanejournal.com/5714.html)Admin (http://gkspqxcc0.sosblog.com/The-first-blog-b1/I-am-horribly-jealous-of-you-she-pronounced-at-b1-p32.htm)wilke0704minnie (http://wilke0704minnie.lol.to/26802/Every+retort+Clellan+could+get+away+with+would+be. ...html)kjlega (http://kjlega.desiblogz.com/151788/Tony+said+he%26%23039%3Bd+welcome+champagne+later% 2C+but+for....html)