PDA

View Full Version : Tortile (wanted)

faceplant2
27th November 2009, 3:31 AM
27 Pokemon (sounds like a lot, but its worth it i think)
4 Turtwig-diamond and pearl
1 Grotle-Majestic Dawn
3 Grotle- Platinum (which one's better?)
2 Torterra- Platinum (need 1, anyone trading?)
1 Torterra- Majestic Dawn (should it be from platinum?)
1 Torterra Lv. X-promo
3 Treecko- Great Encounters
1 Treecko- Stormfront
1 Grovyle- Stormfront
1 Grovyle- Arceus
1 Grovyle- Great Encounters(which ones?)
2 Sceptile- Great Encounters (I don't have them)
1 Sceptile- Stormfront (him or another GE?)
2 Shaymin-Aromatherapy (only have one)
2 Shaymin Lv. X-adds 40 to all grass hp (don't have)

17 Trainers
Switch
TM TS-1 Evoluter
poke radar
professor oak's visit
bucks training
marleys request
luxury ball
super scoop up
roseanees research
lookers investigation
cyrus's conspiracy
cynthias feelings
dusk ball
bebes search
2 rare candy (don't have)
speed stadium

16 energy
16 grass energy

I might end up using this deck for cities. Is it worthy? Do i need any other cards? Should i mix it with another type? Are my trainers good? What should my playing strategy be?
Help will be greatly appreciated, please comment and rate this deck
please let me know if you have any of the cards i need, i have good cards for trade.

Nidoprince
27th November 2009, 3:36 AM
That looks VERY hard to play. If you don't have Shaymin pop up, all your basic Pokemon will be wiped out by other easy to play SPs or Legendaries. What's more is that even if Shaymin does pop up, and you get to level it up, you're still toast, because that ammount of energy for that deck is not so good. So try getting out the Turtwig/Treecko family for other easier to play Pokemon, and more energy.

faceplant2
27th November 2009, 1:54 PM
how should I edit it to make it better? Should I mix it with my fire or water deck?

Nidoprince
27th November 2009, 4:38 PM
Well, if I were you, I'd mimic the format of the theme decks:

25 Pokemon
11 trainers
24 energy

Until you're experienced enough to get an actual strategic deck. It may seem bad, but it's actually not that bad. Don't put in another type, it'll only make it harder again. And, I'd take out the Treecko/Turtwig family for more basics and stage 1 Pokemon.

faceplant2
27th November 2009, 11:57 PM
like tangrowth and scizor? How would the deck you're suggesting do in cities? I like the sceptile because energy growth really makes torterra better.

Nidoprince
28th November 2009, 3:07 AM
Well, I've never been to the cities, but you'd probably need a little more complex deck for that. I can't give you the best advice for that, but yea, Tangrowth and Scizor work. Also mabye try some SPs in there for basic Pokemon.

faceplant2
29th November 2009, 3:26 PM
Should I run a 2-2 Tangrowth line or should it be 3-2? Do you think I would need a tangrowth lv x?

Nidoprince
29th November 2009, 5:26 PM
I'd do Tangrowth Lv. X if possible. Unless you want to count on Tangrowth a lot, I'd try a 2-2 for now.

faceplant2
29th November 2009, 9:36 PM
I got 2 Platinum Torterras today at league.